SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

"Disk Status (Logo Position)" appears in both the Logo/Screen Saver OSD Options and in the Enhanced OSD Options. This redundant duplication was in previous releases also, but I forgot to mention it.

Perhaps with the removal of this extra item and the one mentioned above everything could be moved into one setup pop-up (perhaps just the Enhanced OSD Options) ?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Upper left disk free space not always accurate. Top center is seems to stay updated much more closely. Not sure why they are not tracking the same.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

One other minor oddity... With Overlay, no 3D accel, and Color Keying enabled, if the Enhanced Screensaver is enabled... After coming back out of sleep mode, the first time viewing LiveTV or a Recording the blue transparency does not show (just clear see thru). Close the file and then start it again and the transparecy shows up. Doesn't seem to happen with other video mode settings though.

Seems like something doesn't reset properly when coming out of sleep with the Enhanced Screensaver when using overlay for video.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Minor bug.
Detailed Setup> Interface> Picture Library Options> Rows in Picture Library, and Columns in Picture Library. When you click to change the rows or columns it reads "Enter the fontsize (1-5)" instead of enter row or column count.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Guys running Hebrew,

Try turning 3D Acceleration off in Detailed Setup->Advanced and let me know if this does anything for you. You might want to shut-down sage and bring it back up after this change. Try it both in Overlay and VMR9 mode and let me know if anything looks different.

Carlo
Sorry Cayars,
I don't use 3dAcceleration, and I use overlay only.

The second I try and use VMR, all hebrew disappears, blank black boxes appears instead of text.

so this does work for us.
Ilan
Old 11-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Idea

One useful feature would be a WAF friendly way of changing STV's.

On Saturday I helped a friend who I'd gotten into Tivo years ago get his Sage installation up and running with the idea being to eventually replace the tivo. He's very into all things cool and geeky so after a brief tour of the original we got him hooked up with Cayars STV.

Check back in today and the problem is the non-power users in the family need something more Media Center like. It would be nice to accommodate everyone by making the STV's easy to switch. The current option to change STV's is nested a little deep for quick switching by novices.

One possible implementation might be something that you can call from the dynamic menus, that way someone who needs this option exposed could put it right on the main menu, and it might honestly sit nicely for everyone in the utilities menu. Or something on the menu options screen might work too.

I realize that the mechanism would have to exist in the other STV to easily switch back but perhaps if a method is developed it could be shared across the board.

Just a thought, I don't know if this is a 'pain' felt by other users or not.

peace . . .
Old 11-16-2004, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
Is anyone else having trouble getting this to work? With Release 12, my Column Headers on the "Schedules by Capture Device" page have disappeared completely, regardless of the setting of the Strip Hauppauge parameter. I just get a blank box at the top of each column. Oddly enough, it works fine when running SageTVClient on another system, but not on my primary SageTV server. The full headers were displayed fine on the server with Release 11 (FR2).
This probably has something to do with the 2 changes I made to the header to shrink it down so you can view the full title of your capture board. While I was making this change I also thought, I don't need to see "Hauppauge WinTV PVR" in the title as I know who makes the board and what it's name is.

Maybe this acts differently depending on the screen resolution. Can anyone with this probelm tell me what screen res your running at. Also if it does work correctly for you can you tell me your screen res to.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
"Show Upcoming Recordings in Menu" has still not been removed from the Enhanced OSD Options setup pop-up list. I believe this was going to be removed 2 or 3 revisions back, but seems to keep being overlooked.
I did remove it in one spot. I guess it was in two places. Hmm, maybe the "code" is calling out for me to implement it via a property setting and not from the menu.xml file.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
"Disk Status (Logo Position)" appears in both the Logo/Screen Saver OSD Options and in the Enhanced OSD Options. This redundant duplication was in previous releases also, but I forgot to mention it.

Perhaps with the removal of this extra item and the one mentioned above everything could be moved into one setup pop-up (perhaps just the Enhanced OSD Options) ?
I didn't know this. Thanks for the update.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
One other minor oddity... With Overlay, no 3D accel, and Color Keying enabled, if the Enhanced Screensaver is enabled... After coming back out of sleep mode, the first time viewing LiveTV or a Recording the blue transparency does not show (just clear see thru). Close the file and then start it again and the transparecy shows up. Doesn't seem to happen with other video mode settings though.

Seems like something doesn't reset properly when coming out of sleep with the Enhanced Screensaver when using overlay for video.
Good catch. I assume your talking about when you have the "Auto" setting enabled. I never though about the screen saver. I'll take care of this.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
Minor bug.
Detailed Setup> Interface> Picture Library Options> Rows in Picture Library, and Columns in Picture Library. When you click to change the rows or columns it reads "Enter the fontsize (1-5)" instead of enter row or column count.
Can you tell that I copied the code from another place. I'll change the text accordingly.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
One useful feature would be a WAF friendly way of changing
<snip>

Check back in today and the problem is the non-power users in the family need something more Media Center like. It would be nice to accommodate everyone by making the STV's easy to switch. The current option to change STV's is nested a little deep for quick switching by novices.

One possible implementation might be something that you can call from the dynamic menus, that way someone who needs this option exposed could put it right on the main menu, and it might honestly sit nicely for everyone in the utilities menu. Or something on the menu options screen might work too.
<snip>
I've got something like this on the drawing board already. I was thinking of using "security" levels and dynamically creating the menus based on the "logged" in user. I'll explain more about this in another message.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Maybe this acts differently depending on the screen resolution. Can anyone with this probelm tell me what screen res your running at. Also if it does work correctly for you can you tell me your screen res to.
My screen res. is set at 800x600 and the headers are missing on mine.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

I'm still having issues with comskip not going sometimes. I have it set up so that it will only check when Sage has the screen saver going and nothing is recording. I went to watch shows last night from the day before and none of the shows had been checked for commercials. This almost seems like a random occurrence happening about 65% of the time. It has been this way for me for around the last 4-7 releases. Not sure when it started. Maybe something to do with the 2 screen savers. I'm still using the standard screen saver since I don't like the way the enhanced one looks. My friend just installed this STV finally this week and he has the same config as me and the same problem is now happening to him. I don't know yet if release 12 fixed this but as of 11 the problem is/was still there.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Sage Expert

I just sleep sage and tell comskip to process when not awake and I was having the same problem too. Its strange because I think it started working after a system reboot so I thought it was fixed. But many of my shows also stopped working. Carlo, didn't you start using a different algorithm to test comskip?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

I've also had comskip not run as it should. I only noticed it with the last release though.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I'm still having issues with comskip not going sometimes. I have it set up so that it will only check when Sage has the screen saver going and nothing is recording. I went to watch shows last night from the day before and none of the shows had been checked for commercials. This almost seems like a random occurrence happening about 65% of the time. It has been this way for me for around the last 4-7 releases. Not sure when it started. Maybe something to do with the 2 screen savers. I'm still using the standard screen saver since I don't like the way the enhanced one looks. My friend just installed this STV finally this week and he has the same config as me and the same problem is now happening to him. I don't know yet if release 12 fixed this but as of 11 the problem is/was still there.
I might have messed up the check in the new screen saver (new code). I'll take a look at that. I do know that the Comskip detection IS working in non-screen saver mode on two of my computers and at least on a couple of other machines since I've had other people check it for Release 12. I'm not sure about screen saver mode however so I'll check it.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

I "enherited" the comskip code from another STV. I'm not particularly fond of the code and it's on my todo list to re-write it. This might just get moved up the pecking order a little quicker now.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

I just figured out something interesting concerning the new code I put in the header for the Schedules by Capture Device.

This works perfectly from a SageClient. It also works perfectly on the server if you are running in Service Mode. But it does not work if running on the server without service mode. How strange is that?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Any way to make the Delete (delete, delete and set watched, etc) options to automatically pop-up when a show finishes? This is one thing I miss about TIVO.

It seems like in SAGE when a show completes it pauses at the end, and I usually hit Stop, or menu to get out of the show. Then I have to navigate back to the show's menu and navigate to the delete menu and choose delete, delete and set watched, etc. I know there are other options like archive and compress that are not in the delete menu, but for most shows once I finish watching them I delete and set watched.