SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkimmell
Cayars,

This is still a problem in "F". I have done some testing and it works fine in the OriginalV2.stv however the malore21.stv has this same problem. Is it possible that this problem got copied over from the malore21.stv?

If so would it be possible to re-import the jukebox code from the OriginalV2.stv?

Josh
I'll get back to you on this. I just wanted to shoot you a message and let you know I'm going to try this for you.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Oh the other side... just to confuse things... I'm not having that problem with the jukebox. Although there is something different about how it operates in SageTV v2.1 from v2.0. I've yet to understand why it keeps showing FM tuners in the song listing and/or why it shows FM tuners even for cards that don't have one. Selecting one of those just ends up playing the audio from whatever TV channel one of the tuners was on before. That's a bug that Frey would have to fix I'm sure.
A bunch of things have changed under the hood of 2.1. Some things are going to need to be ironed out a little. I know on my main machine I get these prolonged pauses where SageTV doesn't respond. Then all of a sudden it does all the commands as if they were in a queue waiting to be ran (using a remote).

FM tuner support (basic stuff) has been added to the core but as far as I know nothing STV wise has been done with it yet. This is why you are seeing it. The code is probably very generic at this point since as you say it gives you FM support for hardware that doesn't support FM.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Sage Expert

Another small cosmetic 2-tone missing background color for a dialog box. I thought it was OK when I went though them before but that was rev. "E"

Goto ".....\Detailed Setup\Enhancements\Set Movie Channels". When opening the dialog to enter / change movie channels, 2-tone solid blue backgrounds are missing as used to be for zipcode which was fixed from E to F.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Local Weather

DFA- I am experiencing the EXACT problem with the local weather.. I have removed it from the properties file and restarted sage.. same problem you experience.. no matter what zipcode I put in, same thing.. I finally just deleted it from my menu as the Weather Suite is preferable anyhow.. just wanted you to know that I too am seeing the same problem as you!
Old 11-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Sage Expert

Stuntman:

Thanks. Whew.

I have latest version of Java (5.0). The JRE installs its own version of "dnsns.jar" and "sunjce_provider.jar" which are also included in the Java files supplied in the Cayars STV file group (java.zip). They are not the same size when compared to each other so I tried the STV packaged versions and the JRE versions with reboots in between. I also deleted the hand entered parameters in the dot properties files and let Sage write them back. Still had no luck and pretty much exhausted anything I could think of.

I too have decided to just take "Local Weather" out of the menu.

Regards,
Dane

Last edited by DFA; 11-13-2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I know on my main machine I get these prolonged pauses where SageTV doesn't respond. Then all of a sudden it does all the commands as if they were in a queue waiting to be ran (using a remote).
I was wondering if this was because of your code or 2.1 as I switched to both at the same time. I remember that type of thing happened a lot when I had virus scanner enabled and my system's resources were being syphoned away (although I never could track it down using the task manager). I wonder if something in the code is causing the STV to use extra CPU.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

This happens with the default STV as well and as often as with any other STV I try so it's not STV related. I'm not using the service so it's not that either. I'd like to use the service but that causes me another problem.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Guys, if you are able to get the local weather to work but can't get the images to show up check the property line "mlbdude/right_image_root" and make sure it points to "\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Weather".

I don't think that one is documented anywhere in this thread and will cause you to not be able to diplay the graphics.

EDIT: Updating first thread to put this info in.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

Version F Release 2 has been uploaded.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Sage Icon

I was thinking you may want to add something to the installation notes about making sure the comskip.exe isn't running when extracting the files. I haven't tried to see if it would cause a problem but I figure it is difficult to overwrite a file if it is currently executing.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Removed "Show Upcoming Recordings in Menu" from Detailed Setup as it's not used.
It's still there in Detailed Setup-> Menu & Disk Status -> Modify

Of course, as before, changing that setting doesn't actually do anything.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Sage Expert

"Auto Enter" for numeric entry channel change and Guide navigation is gone. I believe it was there at least in "E". I am acutely aware of this one since I have written Girder scripts some time back starting for Sage 2.0 that give an immediate "Auto Enter" for 3 - digit entry and a 2 second delay "Auto Enter" for 1 and 2 digit entry. I had to disable my 3 - digit immediate "Auto Enter" portion of scripts with the relase of 2.1 since a double-enter was being received (one from Sage and one from Girder). I can reactivate my scripts with no problem but others might miss it once having it. The Sage "Auto Enter" for "OriginalV2.stv" was active within OSD and outside the OSD.

DFA
Old 11-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

DFA -

Can you explain what you mean by "Auto Enter" ? I'm guessin you mean you could enter channel numbers and then after a short pause it would automatically change to that one.

However, I've never seen that happen in a stock SageTV setup, nor with the OriginalV2.stv (even in SageTV v2.1).

So, what exactly are you talking about?
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Sage Expert

Read this thread (not very long): http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8233

Quote from mlbdude:
"We updated the base STV to auto hit enter if you entered a number of digits equal to the max length of your lineups. So, if you have a max channel of 200 and entered 150 or 074 Sage will auto enter and go to that entry in the guide. Maybe you are sending another single enter right after that?"

Yes indeed I was sending an "Enter" in addtion to Sage's (OriginalV2.stv). "Auto Enter" seemed functional in "E". I started hearing complaints from the troops as soon as I dropped "Fr2" in. Maybe we just hadn't noticed it yet. I joined the party at release "E" so not much history for me.

Dane

Last edited by DFA; 11-13-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have never seen the behavior that mlbdude described in that other thread. My channel lineup is from 2 - 99. If I enter 99 and do not hit enter it just eventually goes away. If I do hit enter it moves to that channel line in the Guide.

Same for if viewing LiveTV... Unless I hit enter after the numbers it does nothing.

So, on my end, I haven't got a clue as to what you guys are referring to since it doesn't appear to operate any different in v2.1 than it did back in v2.0 for me.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
It's still there in Detailed Setup-> Menu & Disk Status -> Modify

Of course, as before, changing that setting doesn't actually do anything.
Yea, you're right. I guess I only removed it in my head but not the code.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

I've never seen this functionality in SageTV either.

I'm not sure I'd actually want it to do that either.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I know on my main machine I get these prolonged pauses where SageTV doesn't respond. Then all of a sudden it does all the commands as if they were in a queue waiting to be ran (using a remote).
I saw this behavior when I had USB-UIRT support enabled in Sage and was trying to use it to change my channels.

As soon as I switched back to the ExeMultiTunerPlugin, it went away.

Could be something related to the tuner you've selected?

In my case when I was trying to use the internal USB-UIRT support, I had girder enabled as well, so both programs were using it. Perhaps Sage doesn't share the USB-UIRT gracefully anymore?
Old 11-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars,

When the program is windowed on a menu, I've got a square box in the exact center of the shruken window with ver F.

Stacy
Old 11-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Sage Expert

pengdahl,

where are the settings for this? I have no idea what you are talking about butI may have switched something on by accident