SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I really don't want this to turn into a "How do I contact Cayars?" thread. For whatever reason, he has decided to leave this forum w/o any further word. As far as I know, he is doing fine. It is unfortunate that he decided to leave w/o returning borrowed items or delivering the DVD software that some people paid for, but please don't post contact information or possible links to such information. The sale of such software probably should not have been allowed to be promoted on this forum, so don't be surprised if such posts are removed in the future. However, there is not much we can do about what has already happened, so lets just move on to better things.

Thank you.

- Andy
Fine by me. My intention was to help anyone with a legitimate monetary claim. Just as an analogy, if I let my neighbor borrow a $200 lawn mower, and he moved in the middle of the night without returning it, I would want to get a hold of him! If no one wants to pursue it though, it is a moot point.

BTW, it's amazing what you can find on the internet. It really makes me think about all the digital foot prints we've left behind over the years. Most people only think of cleaning up their own computer of internet history without realizing they leave a history every time they visit a web site or join a forum.

About four years ago someone got my credit card number off the internet when I made a purchase over a supposedly secure site (etronics.com). Within days he had charged thousands of dollars on various online sites such as internet phone services, web hosting services, and Dell computers. He even tried registering a domain in my name (a $4500 charge). American Express started an investigation, but they wouldn't talk to me about it at all. I ended up doing my own search because I was worried about identity theft and what he planned to do with my good name. I was able to quickly locate the individual based on the footprints he left on the web. He slipped up on one site when he registered with my name and credit card, but his own e-mail address. I was able to find the same e-mail address on several other sites. On some of them, he had a complete profile with his real name, age, home town, etc. It turned out he was a 15 year old vietnamese computer hacker living in Russia. It didn't matter though--AmEx wouldn't even take the info because it was an "ongoing" investigation. I'm sure he got away with it. Luckily for me, he stopped using my name and contact info after about a month.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
As I've said before I'm pretty sure (about 99%) this isn't the case. No one knows what happened to Carlo. He hasn't logged into his forum account for 2 months now. I've attempted to contact him numerous times since he still has my PVR-350 and haven't heard squat. I'm rather disappointed in him unless something terrible has happened.
Actually it was/is the case.

I did talk to opus on the phone one day and did get a message from him on another day via another person. As luck would have it 2 or 3 days after that call I got into a major car accident with many broken bones including both arms and legs with a total of 32 total breaks. It's been a long recovery and I've been "pecking" here and there on a couple of forums and I'm just making my way back.

I've got a lot to catch up on but will. Just wanted to drop in and say hi.

Carlo
Old 07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The most irritating this for me in this situation is that Carlo and I used to chat via MSN messenger and his account comes online often and I send repeated messages which he (or someone using his account) completely ignores. Just now for example I saw him on and this is my transcript:

[10:44] ToxMox: Hey Man!
[10:47] *** "Cayars" signed off at Fri May 06 10:47:09 2005.

I wish he would either just send me back my 350 or give me money for it. Every month that he has the card it goes down in value.
I totally forgot about the card Tox, sorry about that. In the scheme of things around the house it hasn't been given much thought. Give me a couple of days and I'll hook up with you to get it back to you.

Carlo
Old 07-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I totally forgot about the card Tox, sorry about that. In the scheme of things around the house it hasn't been given much thought. Give me a couple of days and I'll hook up with you to get it back to you.

Carlo
Thats good to hear Carlo. I'm glad you are OK. I suspect you have a lot of physical therapy to go through. Welcome back.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Actually it was/is the case.

I did talk to opus on the phone one day and did get a message from him on another day via another person. As luck would have it 2 or 3 days after that call I got into a major car accident with many broken bones including both arms and legs with a total of 32 total breaks. It's been a long recovery and I've been "pecking" here and there on a couple of forums and I'm just making my way back.

I've got a lot to catch up on but will. Just wanted to drop in and say hi.

Carlo
You may want to skip all the nasties we had to say Seriously though, sorry to hear you had a bad accident!! And glad to hear you're ok! Welcome back.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well since we are on the topic of Cayars it seems that nothing terrible has happened to him. I guess he was just done with the Sage community.

http://www.aspinvision.com/support/f...ts.asp?TID=925
(about halfway down the page a post from last month)
Well not exactly as you've probably read by now in a few posts above. Since someone is going to ask what happened I'll try and give you a brief overview here. I was in Philadelphia seeing a client and was walking across the street on a "walk" sing and some nut came around a corner and hit me and the guy I was with (client). I got the worse of it with 32 broken bones, punchered lung, ruptured kidney, etc... The hardest part for me has been the recovery and not being able to type worth a damn. I've spend a good deal of time with a pencil in my mouth hitting keys as its faster then the alternative...

Legs are now decent and I can walk (still with a lot of pain) and can use my left hand/arm pretty well but my right hand/arm still isn't back to anywhere near normal. I've got about 30% use of the right arm/hand now with still plenty more rehab to go.

Best of all, the guy that hit us both had no insurance and since I wasn't driving my car insurance doesn't cover anything. Needless to say, when thing get better for me, I'm going to take up lobbying for better insurance laws.

As for the Sage community, I wouldn't say I'm done. Let's just say I took an unfortunate "extended break" from it, and now need to get caught up.

Carlo
Old 07-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
now that i know hes not dead, I wish him to trip on a small crack in the road and break something small like a pinky finger.

Said finger could of been the one he could of used to just throw a "retirement" message in this forum. Hope he made some use of my donation

I.
Dude, don't make wishes like that.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Sage Expert

MAN! you must have helped alot of folks here. EVERYBODY talks about Cayars STV. I just started using SageTV and Cayars makes it all work IMHO. Get well soon. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that 'you are in our prayers'.

Respectfully, Snoopy
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about all that. I hope things are getting better for you man.

I am glad to hear you're okay though. Take your time, this forum can wait.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

whoa...so I will own this....from everything that it looked like, you had just plain dumped any movement on your great work, and skipped out on responsibility of returning peoples hardware, etc.

Now that you have let everyone know what happened (now that you are able), I can remove my foot out of my mouth

My wish was after your car incident. I dont hold the karma for that one....I will refrain from judgement in future circumstances like this one for sure....

Glad you are recovering. Hope everything gets as close to 100% as possible.

Quote:
Dude, don't make wishes like that.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Carlo -

I just wanted to chime in as well and say welcome back and wish you a smooth recovery.

-Justin
Old 07-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlos, very sorry to here about your misfortune. My sincere wishes for a full recovery. I'm sure everyone is glad to hear from you and that you neither abandoned us or died. The rumors were flying as you can well imagine. I'm not sure of everything that's been written to this point, but I'm sure you'll see people's emotions ranged from concern, to anger, to moving on. Essentially, you became a "virtual" missing person. I think I even suggested contacting the police re. your well being at one point. I wouldn't have suggested that except that you are such an important part of this community (as you know) that I felt we needed closure.

Of course, take all the time you need to recover and thanks for letting us know what happened.

Brian
Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars,

Heres wishing you a complete recovery... (I switched back to BeyondTV, at least for a while... Just stopped in tonight to see if anything big was going on - And boy was I surprised to hear about your misfortune!)

Paul
Old 07-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yay Cayars is back! Sorry to hear about your accident though Looks like alotta ppl on this bb owe you an apology

Cheers
Old 07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I too would like to wish you all the best in your recovery, and be one of the many to say Welcome Back! You are certainly a valuable member of this community.

Cayars STV has thoroughly improved my Sage experience.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Sage User

Welcome back, and thank you for the work you've done in this forum. Here's hoping you're recovery goes well. We all undervalue our health, until we lose it.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Sage Icon

Recently I was in a near death experience myself, a car fell from above freeway overpass and narrowly missed my car. So although I escaped without harm, but I learn that sh*t happens at an instance and you could be dead or hospitalized with many broken bones. Hope you get better Carlos. You've done plenty for the SageTV community already, Cayars STV is the best. Forget everything said here (especially the negative comments), just worry about your health. Glad you're alive and recovering.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Man, I HATE being right! I was afraid that somthing *bad* had happended, but I am glad to hear you are on the mend. FWIW, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

And, welcome back
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 07-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Welcome Back Carlos

Carlos,

Welcome back. I thought something bad must have happened in your life. That sounds like one bad accident. I thought most of the worst drivers were in Minnesota, where I live.

I came very close to a head on collision on a 30 mph two-lane parkway with no shoulder only a few blocks from my home. There was an idiot passing around a blind corner going about 45 - 50 mph going the opposite direction. I was very lucky that I could make an emergency hard right turn into a parking lot driveway just before the imact would have occurred. After I made the emergency manouver, I saw the idiot continue passing, unconcerned about the near head on collision.

I hope you are able to recover from your life changing accident Carlos.

Dave
Old 07-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Carlos,
Welcome back. I thought something bad must have happened in your life. That sounds like one bad accident. I thought most of the worst drivers were in Minnesota, where I live.
Nah...People drive like assholes here in philly. Red lights are often ignored. Check out this article about an intersection that is 3 blocks from my house. In a four month period, over 11,000 people ran the red light a Grant and Roosevelt. We have two of the top three most dangerous intersections in the country according to insurance agencies.