SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Sage User

As long as we're talking far-fetchedly.....

...this may be a situation where Carlo got so inundated with obligations that he's staying away out of fear.

I myself have hard-core OCD/ADD tendencies, and I'm the sort that gets all these glorious and awesome plans and obligations, but then intensely fears dealing with them. I've gone through periods where I was too afraid to answer my phone, listen to my messages, even check my e-mail -- AND to actually work on the projects. It sucks. It's miserable. And it's partly rooted in medical problems, so "just get over it" isn't usually an effective remedy.

This may sound off-the-wall, but catastrophes (like equipment failures) can start periods like this in people prone to it. :\
Old 04-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to think of it, but since we're flinging opinions of what happened to Cayars, I can only guess something traumatic happened. It's the most likely reason in my mind. If it were anything minor, he should have found a way to send a message by now. Even if his equipment is not working, he could have sent a message from a friend's or work computer.

Yes, it's possible he has stayed away because of anxiety (I sure would at this point if I didn't have a good reason for disappearing), but I somehow doubt that is the case here. He has always been highly responsive in the past. When he disappeared last time, it was a technical glitch (lightning) and he made a point of giving his phone number to several people so he wouldn't be out of contact if something like that happened again. Now, he apparently doesn't answer his phone. Seems contradictary if he is intentionally ignoring us now.

Now that I think about it though, who knows, maybe the whole "lightning" thing was made up and he disappeared from anxiety last time too.

I hope it is a case of anxiety. I mean, no one's said it yet, but he could be dead for all we know.

Any chance that one of the Frey employees has information? It's rare for them to post these days.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

hi, i just installed 18E (thanks Crashless). as soon as i select it, sage pops up "failed to load sagemenureader class". i searched my sage directory and there is no sagemenureader.class. is that supposed to be included in the zip file? thanks!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you install the java class files in your java library directory?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

sagemenureader class

Been there, done that

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ader#post83908

-gary-
Old 04-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I hate to think of it, but since we're flinging opinions of what happened to Cayars, I can only guess something traumatic happened. It's the most likely reason in my mind.

While it's possible something traumatic has happened, I don't think we know enough to say either way.

Opus had Cayars' phone number and called it a couple of times. He once got a hold of what seemed to be a roommate who said he'd give him the message. I hope the roommate would have mentioned it if something bad had happened, but he didn't say anything to make us believe that Cayars isn't completely healthy.

Right now, I'm going to assume that the real world has pulled him in another direction, and I wish him all the best.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Sage Expert

Of course, with Cayars being gone (or so it appears), I have to wonder if this STV won't just die from atrophy. With no further updates, it's only a matter of time till the underlying Sage stuff will be incompatible with this STV. That is of course, unless one of the lucky folks with Studio starts working on updates.

I'm running 18E now, with no issues so far, but given that 3.0 is just over the horizon, I'm not too sure how long it'll be a viable alternative.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks. i missed a few files when unzipping somehow. doh!

i'm playing with some of the xcard options now. i was looking forward to the feature that disables the sage OSD when an external player is launched. does anyone have this working with 18E? for me, instead of closing the OSD, sage's screen saver just pops up.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
While it's possible something traumatic has happened, I don't think we know enough to say either way.

Opus had Cayars' phone number and called it a couple of times. He once got a hold of what seemed to be a roommate who said he'd give him the message. I hope the roommate would have mentioned it if something bad had happened, but he didn't say anything to make us believe that Cayars isn't completely healthy.

Right now, I'm going to assume that the real world has pulled him in another direction, and I wish him all the best.
That's good to hear. It puts my mind a bit more at ease. I'd be glad to know that he left for personal reasons. Like you, I also wish him all the best.

If version 3 of Sage came out tommorow, I would stick with v2.8 and Cayars STV versus losing much of the functionality that has been added by this STV. It is quite stable and does just about everything I want. I think I was getting spoiled by how quickly Carlos responded to feature requests. If his STV had never come along, I would still be happy with the basic functionality of SageTV and have been none the wiser as to what could be done.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
If version 3 of Sage came out tommorow, I would stick with v2.8 and Cayars STV versus losing much of the functionality that has been added by this STV. It is quite stable and does just about everything I want. I think I was getting spoiled by how quickly Carlos responded to feature requests. If his STV had never come along, I would still be happy with the basic functionality of SageTV and have been none the wiser as to what could be done.
Unless (hopefully) V3 retro-supports STVs like Cayars'...
Old 04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Sage User

I upgraded to 18E from 17(whatever) a few days ago and now am having issues with the external commercial detection stuff working. It seems to run now for 4-5 shows and then just stops doing anything? Anyone else run into this problem to have any idea how to fix it?

I suppose I could try running 18E for the GUI and the 17(x) version of the commercial detecting. Anyone see any problems with this?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

I'm still using 17 because all things comskip IMO stink in 18.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

I used Cayars commercial detection program for a long time. It had a few problems, but eventually I figured them out (the one mentioned above is due to the fact that you probably used SageTV, this seems to hang the detector, simply run CDResume a couple times and it'll resume the process and all will be well again, other then it won't pause in the future when you use Sage). Now, however, I found that using Jere_Jones DirMon is a much better solution. Just turn of the internal processing in Cayars and let DirMon do the rest.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
I used Cayars commercial detection program for a long time. It had a few problems, but eventually I figured them out (the one mentioned above is due to the fact that you probably used SageTV, this seems to hang the detector, simply run CDResume a couple times and it'll resume the process and all will be well again, other then it won't pause in the future when you use Sage). Now, however, I found that using Jere_Jones DirMon is a much better solution. Just turn of the internal processing in Cayars and let DirMon do the rest.
Agreed, dir mon rocks. Works even better, for me, right now with Jere's Show Analyzer...
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 04-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Old 04-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's been working more or less for a few weeks.

then this began today--has anyone seen this before? it happened before and after this:
I uninstalled sage, rebooted, reinstalled, copied my wiz.bin, and sage.properties into the install directory. reinstalled cayars from the 3 zip files. I got this error right away.
java 1.4
then I can exit sage (not sleep) and restart and then it loads cayars17 seemingly ok. sometimes the remote's green button (using opus4 no focus for the 45 button hauppage remote) launches sage, sometimes not.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg apr27.jpg (58.6 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg apr27a.jpg (48.6 KB, 270 views)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzerbee
It's been working more or less for a few weeks.

then this began today--has anyone seen this before? it happened before and after this:
I uninstalled sage, rebooted, reinstalled, copied my wiz.bin, and sage.properties into the install directory. reinstalled cayars from the 3 zip files. I got this error right away.
java 1.4
then I can exit sage (not sleep) and restart and then it loads cayars17 seemingly ok. sometimes the remote's green button (using opus4 no focus for the 45 button hauppage remote) launches sage, sometimes not.

Did you upgrade your version of Java? if so you need to reinstall the java files in the latest java directory...actually, even if you didn't that's the error you get when it can't find the java files cayars created.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

What are our chances of getting Cayars v18 modified to enable import modules so that the Neilm's FF/RW module can be added?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
Did you upgrade your version of Java? if so you need to reinstall the java files in the latest java directory...actually, even if you didn't that's the error you get when it can't find the java files cayars created.
my java is 1.4. why would it run ok for about 4 weeks and suddenly have a problem with java in the middle of the day?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I exited sagetv. I uninstalled jave 1.4 and installed JRE 1.5.0_02 and reinstalled the java files from the first post of this thread to java/lib/ext as directed. I started sage (which had the cayars.stv) and got the same message as in the image attached a few posts above.
cayars17
Am I the only lucky one that has had this?

Last edited by buzzerbee; 04-29-2005 at 06:07 AM.