SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgley
Hi,

I was wondering if the "left click bringing up the OSD" was supposed to be fixed? Becuase it doesnt work on mine.

Thanks
I'm beginning to think I packages a "not recent" version of D patch 2 as I'm seeing reports of things I "know" I fixed. I know for sure this is fixed in "E" which should be released later today. E fixes everything I'm aware of (except the folder issue which I'm working on) and has a bunch of cosmetic changes as well as a couple of new things.

Carlo
Old 11-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
Great STV... keep the improvements coming. Is there a chance we could see an OSD similar to the SageMC one or an option to import OSD formats?
I have no idea what the OSD in MCE looks like. Any pics of it you could point me to? I'm open for ideas.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
I am writing my own xmltv getter program for israel.

I was wondering how to use the "upcoming movies" section in the guide.

what property do I need to set so that this stv will display the movie name??
In order to get the upcoming movies to work, you need to right click and set a list of channels you want it to scan (i.e. TNT, AMC, HBO, ABC, etc).
Old 11-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
another question again with the hebrew.

While browsing the custom guides i see many errors in the console (I have the sage console open all the time).

all the programs are in hebrew in my guide, is there something not working which is indicated by these errors?
I've got no about the Hebrew language in the Custom Guides. This Malore's modules that were brought into the STV and then modified slightly. Does everything work correctly in the "normal" guides?
Old 11-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
In order to get the upcoming movies to work, you need to right click and set a list of channels you want it to scan (i.e. TNT, AMC, HBO, ABC, etc).
I did do that, but still it shows : No Shows.

i use "yes 1,yes 2,MGM,TCM"

should it be like "1 yes 1, 2 yes 2".... where the first number is the channel's number?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've got no about the Hebrew language in the Custom Guides. This Malore's modules that were brought into the STV and then modified slightly. Does everything work correctly in the "normal" guides?

There are no exceptions when using standard tv guide.
Also I do not know of anything that is not working correctly when I use the other custom guides.

I just see many errors and as a java programmer I ask, is that a problem? could something be slowed down, and finally how do we better this by catching these exceptions.

BTW:
I do think u'r STV is an excelent STV.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I did do that, but still it shows : No Shows.

i use "yes 1,yes 2,MGM,TCM"

should it be like "1 yes 1, 2 yes 2".... where the first number is the channel's number?
Hi Ilan,

It should work, but here in Israel, there are MANY movies NOT in YES1,2,3,4 etc. - also in ch 22, 10....
So,
What I did is:
Use the Guide 1 or Guide 2 or Guide 3 for Movie listings...because you have category MOVIE & the type of movie (drama, comedy etc.) (from your XMLTV prog.) - just use the filters and sorting to get a great movie listings by movie category.

works for me...
BTW, did you call in the last hour?

Oren.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I have no idea what the OSD in MCE looks like. Any pics of it you could point me to? I'm open for ideas.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=7946

Towards the bottom of the first post. There are two OSD pictures - one with the show title/description (the file he was viewing didn't have a description - but it does show when available) and one using the mini-guide. The default Sage one is so blah. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ilove the new sage mc stv. But I also love all the features of this one expecially com skip anyway you could tie the two together like white 94 cobra suggested?
Old 11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=7946

Towards the bottom of the first post. There are two OSD pictures - one with the show title/description (the file he was viewing didn't have a description - but it does show when available) and one using the mini-guide. The default Sage one is so blah. Thanks.
I could probably do that but it sort of goes against what I'm trying to do OSD wise. As you'll see in "E" with the Enhanced OSD turned on, only the information you are changing gets updated on the screen. For example unless you press the "Info" button (which brings up the complete OSD as it does out of the box) only the information for the button you press shows on the OSD. Example, change the volume and only a small "Volume" windows opens in the bottom right of the screen. Change a number key and only a "Channel" windows shows up on the bottom right of the screen. FF/REW and only the "TimeLine" windows opens at the bottom left of the screen.

Also what I personally don't like about the MCE OSD is that it's not tucked flush against the top or bottom of the screen. Personally I have any OSD that uses more screen real estate then needed. These of course are personal things...
Old 11-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

I agree with Carlo that although the MCE one looks prettier I definitely think screen real estate and functionality are more important. I'm sure the current one can be made to look nice while using the same amount of screen and showing the same info.

Carlo let me know if I can help you in any way to make the info OSD look nicer if you want.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage Expert

I think my biggest issue with the current OSD is how segmented/boxy it is. I agree with not taking up too much screen space and not showing the channel/program info when you ff/rw. However, currently if a show has a long description, it can fill half of the middle of the screen. An OSD similar to the XMZ STV would be ideal (for me).

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=7899
(First post, 4 pictures down)

It looks very professional and is clear and easy to read. It does take up some screen real estate, but when I hit the info button, I want to read what's on the OSD, the video becomes secondary. And if I'm ff/rw'ing it's usually a commerical so missing the bottom 1/8th of the screen isn't a big thing.

It would be great if there was a way to import OSD's like you can other functions/modules. I think the OSD is such a personal preference that no one can create a "one size fits all."
My primary goal is to get the WAF high enough that she doesn't complain when we watch something on Sage instead of Tivo.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

VERSION "E" IS REALEASED
See the first thread message for fixes and download location. Upgrade users only need the third file. All known issues have been fixed.

White94Cobra, check out the new OSD is version E and see if this works better for you. The top info display is now much smaller, only taking up the amount of space needed to display the current show information. With the exceptions of Overlay users running Semi-Transparent backgrounds that is. This group of users will still get a smaller top OSD display but it's not dynamically created on the fly as I couldn't keep the fake "background" from being larger then the info box itself. Regardless, it is still smaller and less intrusive then in any of the previous versions.

PS. This STV now ROCKS!
Old 11-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Sage User

any chance of updated screenshots?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

White94Cobra, I just loaded the XMZ STV and checked out the OSD. I can say that the "E" version will take up the same or less space in the OSD using larger fonts. I tried loading up 2 files. One had a long title and a long descriptions. The OSD space used on this one was the same between both STVs.

I then loaded up a file with a short title and short descriptions and the "E" version made much better (more then twice as small) use of the screen.

I hope this is what you were after. It was for me!

Carlo
Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

Small bug on the OSD. The blue background on the bottom right hand window that has the volume and clock etc extends way below the rectangle. This is using regular VMR9 effects without the semi-transparent enabled.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob
any chance of updated screenshots?
I updated the Media Library picture with an "E" version shot. BTW, the video isn't smaller in "E" then "D" as the picture suggests. I wasn't aware that you could do a screen capture and grab video (I normally run Overlay mode) in VMR9 so in the "D" version I grabbed a picture off the Net to simulate the video window since it was captured while I was running in overlay mode.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Small bug on the OSD. The blue background on the bottom right hand window that has the volume and clock etc extends way below the rectangle. This is using regular VMR9 effects without the semi-transparent enabled.
Man, you got some good eyes to pick up on that. I'll fix that up for a later release. I hope "all" the bug reports for this release are like this one

PS testing the OSD code was crazy with all the different combination of settings!
Old 11-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Sage Expert

Cayars -

I'll take a look when I go home for lunch. Thanks much!
Old 11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

I couldn't stand to let that little issue go by so I made the adjustment and put a new zip file up. So if you want to grab this again and it'll fix the volume background box. I'm not releasing this as a patch and you won't see any mention of it in the first thread.