SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Also make sure you have a legitimate background screeen chosen. It's somewhere in the Detailed setup screen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Just have the index point to the real html page? Of course, I have no idea how that is done.

I contacted him recently & posted about it in post #3256, above.

- Andy

Fine, except it has been a week now. Paid $25 paypal. Nothing to show for it, still cannot pm him, cannot get to newest version.

Getting a bit perturbed here.

Tried writing Vince, he said he does not do anything about donations/versions.

Sigh
Old 03-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu
Fine, except it has been a week now. Paid $25 paypal. Nothing to show for it, still cannot pm him, cannot get to newest version.

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot any of us can do about that. All I can suggest is that new donations not be made until Cayars returns. This is a recurring complaint lately, so to stop that for the time being, I have removed the donation link from the sig line. (I've saved a copy to easily replace it when Cayars has time for this again.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is anyone using the external commdetect successfully (consistently)? I had it installed a while back (with 18E) but it caused all kinds of problems so I disabled it and used the internal comskip. Just wondering if anyone that's been using it successfully for a while has any tips/tricks to get it working properly on a consistent basis (and/or what the benefits to this are to using the internal comskip process).
Old 03-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu

Sigh
I'm really sorry about not being able to give that info out. I just have no way of confirming donations, so I don't want to screw the system up.

Besides, Cayars has never given me permission to do so, and I respect his wishes. If there were a way for me to confirm things I wouldn't mind sending that stuff out to let people continue their donations. But I can't. Sorry.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Is anyone using the external commdetect successfully (consistently)? I had it installed a while back (with 18E) but it caused all kinds of problems so I disabled it and used the internal comskip. Just wondering if anyone that's been using it successfully for a while has any tips/tricks to get it working properly on a consistent basis (and/or what the benefits to this are to using the internal comskip process).
I've actually had pretty good success with it. I have it running on two machines without too much trouble. Of late I haven't even had to kill it except when rebooting. Seems like I did have to tell it to resume after running sage (which makes it so it'll always run and never pause) but that's not been a problem in my setup.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
I'm really sorry about not being able to give that info out. I just have no way of confirming donations, so I don't want to screw the system up.

Besides, Cayars has never given me permission to do so, and I respect his wishes. If there were a way for me to confirm things I wouldn't mind sending that stuff out to let people continue their donations. But I can't. Sorry.
Just so people see my complaint, here is my info:

Transaction Details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edit: transaction details removed. - Opus4]

Last edited by Opus4; 03-25-2005 at 01:49 PM. Reason: removed transaction details
Old 03-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Im going to need to get the rest of your credit card number before I believe it.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

again, I'm not in charge of giving that information. I'm currently trying to get in touch with Carlo to work something out. Please be patient.

Also, could you please remove his email from that post so the spam-bots don't find him? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
again, I'm not in charge of giving that information. I'm currently trying to get in touch with Carlo to work something out. Please be patient.

Also, could you please remove his email from that post so the spam-bots don't find him? Thanks.
I too contributed to Cayars work, which is wonderful; however, the lack of communication on this forum or any other means to let us know personally the status of our contributions is not a responsible way to do business.

It may be necessary to initiate a dispute on payment with Paypal in an attempt to get some type of resolution.

Hopefully we will hear soon!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Edit: Removed my rant... Don't want to start arguments about this. I think these posts should be moved to a new thread called "Where in the world is Cayars?"

- Dan

Last edited by CyRex; 03-26-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
...My donation was out of respect for all the hard work Carlo has put in so far. I hope he continues his STV in the future, but for now, I can't imagine Sage life without it...
You know what, Dan? You're right. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to dmidtbo
I think the lesson learned here is stop taking donations well before you stop development. Why can't he take 10 minutes and send a link for the beta to the people that donated? I donated $30 on 3/4/05, not entirely for access to the betas but it was a contributing factor. As long as he continues development eventually, I will be happy. But if he is done with development for good, I will feel cheated.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex

- No where on the donations site does it say anything regarding, donate $25+ and you will get a beta version of the STV. The donations are meerly donations, for all of Cayars hard work...

- Dan
This is wrong. When you paypal, it is listed as specifically to get 'SageTV CayarsTV software' with a part number and everything.

Lets not play with words here. He OWES us a BETA release. We PAID for IT and I DESERVE to GET it.

I think weeks is too long for 'down systems'. I developed alot of the TIVO software for Canadians (parsexmlguide_DD) and had a lightning strike last October. All my machines toasted. It took me 8 days to get back up, and I was answering emails in 3.

I am glad he is ok, but lets get MOVING!

Last edited by philhu; 03-26-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

enough already...

hmm...crashless,

I realize that you are just answering questions out of the goodness of your heart. Its not your fault that carlo is afk. I hope that others realize this as well. Being that you are the host for his work, would it be prudent (or at least helpful) if you create a temporary link (not the VIP link) and possibly provide the few trusted users a PM with this link to the latest STV?

I too felt slightly cheated, but just plainly dissapointed that I couldnt have the latest stv after I had made a donation. If I recall correctly, it took almost 3 weeks or so before I got my link (donated about a week before the lightning strike).

He must respect that people are just chomping at the bit to get his latest work. After all, they did donate a reasonable sum of money to have access to it. If you dont want to host it, I can.

Just a thought...

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I understand the frustration and would probably feel much the same in the situation. One thing that you all seem to have overlooked, however, is the that I'm pretty sure Opus4 said that Carlo got a job! When he was doing development so fast and furious before he did not have a job and thus could spend all day working on new features for us all to enjoy. Now it sounds like he may be putting as much or more effort into a new job.

That said, I do wish he'd get on and take care of everyone who's donated and/or release the final v18 so I don't have to keep reading the complaints Hopefully this will all work itself out soon.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Since it is Almost EASTER:
"Happy Easter"
and as far as Carlo goes,
"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."
Old 03-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Since it is Almost EASTER:
"Happy Easter"
and as far as Carlo goes,
"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."
Well said. I think I've heard that before, too, somewhere...wonder where?

Old 03-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

New Cayars problem here, I think it has to do with it updating smart recording info. I do not use smart recording but now when I try to delete a show I get a list of options that weren't there before like "Delete, watched, don't like" etc. So I pick one and then I try to play the next show and the hard drive is thrashing away, Sage is using 70% CPU and the show chokes for a good 10 minutes if I don't stop it and wait for whatever sage is doing to be done. Has anyone else witnessed this on their system?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Sage User

just came to post my own prob. have to assume its related to cayars install....
but with the cayars, it just stopped tuning. i cannot change the channel/tune anymore other than the scroll wheel on the mouse, which seems to only be giving me ota channels. typing in a channel puts it in the bottom right with far more than 3 digit numbers and does nothing.

i then switched over to the regular stv and was the same. i del both sources (one was svideo) and re-set it up. it now tunes, but not without hitting 'close file' first.

???

oh ya, i also remembered that just before this started, i was having like some kind of permanent stuck recording thing going on.
i have read once of a watch now bug, but it hasnt seemed to be strictly that

Last edited by night; 03-26-2005 at 10:01 PM.