SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone know why I have a black box in the center of the image when the picture in picture is displaying while I'm in the main menus?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

please add

hey Cayars could you please add this plugin
STV Import: CallerID/Message popup plugin (v1.3 19 Mar 2005)
Old 03-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankd0g
Anyone know why I have a black box in the center of the image when the picture in picture is displaying while I'm in the main menus?
yea, i have the same problem too!
using an Avermedia MCE 150 card, and Cayars17 Ultimate STV
200GB + 80GB int HD, 100GB ext
NmediaPC HTPC case w/remote/keyboard
19" & 15" LCD monitors

Sony PSP
"knowledge is power, spread the power"
http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com
Old 03-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator

There's a "Search this thread" option on the bar near the top of the screen. If you search for "black box" or some such thing, one of the results is this & the post after that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There's a "Search this thread" option on the bar near the top of the screen. If you search for "black box" or some such thing, one of the results is this & the post after that.

- Andy
Well the "solution" in that thread was to disable 3D acceleration. I didn't have that enabled in the first place because I have no idea what it does but I enabled it now and the box went away. Alls well that ends well I guess lol.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Sage User

i've been searching for over a day or so.. but i believe it might have to do with a few other programs i've installed and drivers i've updated..

oh well.. i can live with it since i either have my tv full screen or just the tv services running..

peace
seamonkey420

btw, is there a TRUE sage.properties crib sheet? where every option is listed, not just most of the options like the current faq/fyi...?

just curious..
200GB + 80GB int HD, 100GB ext
NmediaPC HTPC case w/remote/keyboard
19" & 15" LCD monitors

Sony PSP
"knowledge is power, spread the power"
http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com
Old 03-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know its been asked, but can we have the IMPORT STV option opened up, or can the new CALLER ID pop up be added in to the newest Cayar version???
Old 03-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'd like to know what the scoop is on this too. I can see where it is disabled and Carlos probably disabled it for a reason. Carlos, where are you?

-gary-
Old 03-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbrown
I'd like to know what the scoop is on this too. I can see where it is disabled and Carlos probably disabled it for a reason. Carlos, where are you?

-gary-

Am I the only one who thinks that something isn't right here? Frey has released studio to a selective few. Then Carlos takes the work of the other people that have access to studio and combines it into one STV. Much like Nielm did. The difference is that Carlos is asking for cash to get updated releases of his STV. I'm not saying that Carlos hasn't worked hard on his STV or that he hasn't added anything original to it. I just don't think Carlos should force people to pay him for updates because he is one of the few people who has studio. Offering up a paypal account for appriciative people to donate to is fine. Saying that only preferred donaters can get updates to the only combo STV that works with the current version of sage is crap. Profiteering due to Frey's reluctance to release studio is wrong.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Administrator

I think he's said in the past that the STV donations just get you access to the beta versions & then once a version is done, it will be public (as happened for v17). The external programs are for purchase and are not based on the use of Studio. At least, that was my understanding from a few older posts: such as here and here and here. I have no idea what the status is with v18, since I don't use it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
The difference is that Carlos is asking for cash to get updated releases of his STV..
I feel I owe Nielm and Andy Andy (thanx for adding my customization on the sticky although it is gbOptions, not bgOptions ) and malore and Toxmox and all the rest as much if not more than I do Carlos. He did some neat work too but he stood on some big shoulders. He seems to have disappeared and that's disconcerting.

I went to every customization link on the sticky and no one else is even asking for donations and that's a shame. Where do I send my check? You guys have done some heroic work.

Quote:
...only combo STV that works with the current version of sage...
This is the reason I liked Cayers to begin with. I got to see and use everybody's stuff. As I learned how Sage works I started to develop viewing habits and preferences for a lot less interface and a lot more TV. The minimum number of buttons on the remote matching the visual menus to remote layout. The minimum GUI interference with the video that's playing. The minimum effort required to archive to DVD and play it in Sage. It's just another kind of interface. Kind of a anti-MCE STV. Something that works for me and I want to share with others.

I fixed a bunch of irritants in Cayers 18c, added my low-level options menus, and changed the behavior of a few menus. I don't see how this functionality, created on top of the work of my heros, could be easily imported into another STV so I have spawned Yet Another STV.

I personally think that whoever masters intelligent recording; it's interface, management, and presentation is going to cash in on huge market as Joe Sixpack figures out that the computer can surf the guide better than he can and he doesn't have to watch commercials. Hardware prices continue to fall. We have all seen this movie before but I digress.

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that something isn't right here?
I agree. I think the studio situation needs to be officially addressed because it's the wild west right now. Maybe the genie is out of the bottle.

-gary-
Old 03-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbrown

-gary-

Well, I 'donated', and have not heard about my 'vip' status.

I tried to pm him, but his pm box is full.

What is going on?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I think he's said in the past that the STV donations just get you access to the beta versions & then once a version is done, it will be public (as happened for v17). The external programs are for purchase and are not based on the use of Studio. At least, that was my understanding from a few older posts: such as here and here and here. I have no idea what the status is with v18, since I don't use it.

- Andy
Ok. I suppose that is reasonable. I was under the impression that he was setting up a subscription service for his STV and that the reason I hadn't seen any updates in a while was because I wasn't a 'VIP donator'.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to dmidtbo
Automount/Unmount DVD ISO Images

I made a donation a few weeks ago too. The major reason I donated was because Carlos has been so responsive and quick on updates, well, until I donated anyway =)

I love his STV and am glad to have supported it. I just hope he gets back into developing it again soon.

Anyone else having trouble with the automounting of DVD ISO images? What do I need to do to set this up? What should the directory structure look like?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage User

dvd_maniac, can you clarify this? some people are awaiting responses from cayars, but if he's been knocked out of commission due to HW failures then that's understandable. do you know when this happened? or what happened?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
@rwrjr
Carlo has a lot of catching up to do. He had a massive set of hardware failures recently and I'm sure it will take a while with all the donations/requests and not to mention "making his STV better"
Old 03-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Regarding Cayars: I recently heard from him, so here's an update: Every once in a while, real life intrudes on your hobbies... and SageTV Studio development is a part-time endeavor that can get delayed by other events. It sounds like that is what is happening with Cayars at the moment. Between still trying to get all of his hardware functioning again after a lightning strike and time commitments for work, he says he probably won't have a lot of time for Studio work until perhaps after the end of this month. He also said that he _might_ have time to put out an update (that is just about ready) in a day or so, but I wouldn't want to guarantee that.

Just remember: this is not his full-time work that pays the bills, so there will be times when other demands intrude on time that might otherwise be allocated to SageTV.

- Andy
Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Regarding Cayars: I recently heard from him, so here's an update: Every once in a while, real life intrudes on your hobbies... and SageTV Studio development is a part-time endeavor that can get delayed by other events. It sounds like that is what is happening with Cayars at the moment. Between still trying to get all of his hardware functioning again after a lightning strike and time commitments for work, he says he probably won't have a lot of time for Studio work until perhaps after the end of this month. He also said that he _might_ have time to put out an update (that is just about ready) in a day or so, but I wouldn't want to guarantee that.

Just remember: this is not his full-time work that pays the bills, so there will be times when other demands intrude on time that might otherwise be allocated to SageTV.

- Andy
True, but as soon as you take money from people, it is not a hobby, but a small business, and people expect, at least, to get what they paid for. VIP status us the only way to get the latest. Pay vip 'donation', you expect at least, a URL or path to the file within a reasonable time.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu
True, but as soon as you take money from people, it is not a hobby, but a small business, and people expect, at least, to get what they paid for. VIP status us the only way to get the latest. Pay vip 'donation', you expect at least, a URL or path to the file within a reasonable time.
I concur. I certainly understand that this isn't full-time work, but once you start accepting donations for said work, at the very least you should drop a line to those with outstanding needs (waiting for bets URLs, etc.)...and I'm NOT one who's waiting. But I do think the donations warrant spending a few moments dropping a quick line to those who ARE waiting.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Providing nothing major has happened. Let's hope everything is alright. I'm sure he will get to us asap

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I'd say nearly $2000 ain't bad either....