SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Carlo,

Don't know if you caught the three posts below, they each cover a similar issue, just different people.... was wondering if you were able to duplicate the problem on your machine and use my advice in the first post to remedy the problem occuring? Not even sure if my "quick fix" helped others or not, but figured I would ask anyway...

FYI, on my computer, the error message stating "there were no matches found..." when searching by title does pop up properly on the original stv... but in cayarsv17 on mine does not show up (I think it is behind some other things or something).... I haven't tested with v18a-v18e yet

post# 3060

post# 3125

post# 3139
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannon
I did a quick search and couldn't find any mention of this. Whenever I do a search by title a list comes up matching the critieria of the search, some of the entries in the list I know are not actually going to be aired in the next 2 weeks or so. If I click on these entries the UI locks up and won't allow any inputs, I let it sit for over 15 minutes to see if maybe it was just struggling, but still nothing. The previous behavior was to display a window saying that no entries were found. I am using 2.2.5 RC with Cayars 17. Anyone have any ideas?
Anything on this? I'm getting the same issue with all Cayars STVs. Original V2 STV it works fine and pops up the "no entries" dialog (or whatever it says), but in any Cayars iteration it crashes.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Anything on this? I'm getting the same issue with all Cayars STVs. Original V2 STV it works fine and pops up the "no entries" dialog (or whatever it says), but in any Cayars iteration it crashes.
read my post above yours (2 posts up) and click on each link.... I don't know if Carlo has seen my post or not but I have them all over this thread about the "...no matches found..." error that is supposed to come up when searching by title but doesn't in cayars yet it does work in the original stv. Don't know about the "p" issue
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Sage Expert

With the new commercial detect manager in 18E, I still get this bug:

1) I start CommercialDetectManager.exe externally. It calls CommercialDetect.exe and CPU is high for that process.
2) I start Sage
3) I play a show. CPU goes down for CommercialDetect.exe. I assume it pauses the commercial detection.
4) I stop the show, start the screensaver, sleep sage, exit sage and a bunch of other things but I can never get the CommercialDetect to start back up again. At least I think it never starts back up because the CPU on that process never gets bigger than 0.

Is that a bug or am I doing somethign wrong?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

abasu2003, it's a problem that is being worked on. Probably 90% of my remaining 18 time is going to be spent ironing out ComSkip related issues to get 18 released!

Carlo
Old 03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Sage User

Not sure I saw this commericaldetectmanager.exe bug mentioned before.

When it deletes orphan files it leaves behind the .mpg.xml files.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I take it you are using the Malore view for your recordings. Originally it worked in such a way that it would keep the previous show highlighted when returning to the list however upon adding of the feature to delete at the end of the show when it would return it tried to highlight the show but it didn't exist anymore causing the screen to not respond until reloading the menu so I rigged it to just have a default selection to avoid the problem. I keep meaning to look back into the code to improve upon it. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend... Maybe
Thanks TomMox- I am usinge Malore. Can I shut off the ability to delete after the show is finished to fix this problem? This would help the the problem with having the wrong recording highlighted.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by follower
Thanks TomMox- I am usinge Malore. Can I shut off the ability to delete after the show is finished to fix this problem? This would help the the problem with having the wrong recording highlighted.
No shutting off the ability to delete after the show won't help. I had to change the code to allow it to work at all without losing the focus upon return. I spent a couple of hours this weekend trying stuff and wasn't able to come up with a solution.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank TomMox for the extra work I thought the original malore as successful in highlighting the previous show... I certainly could be wrong I have played with almost all of the customizations. Anyway, thanks again for taking a look
Old 03-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

It did work in Malore's view but if you deleted something it would not return to the recordings screen. If I left it Malore's way and have it going back to the recordings view then when you delete something during playback then it loses focus on the recordings view and you have to leave the page and re enter it or press your remote button for SageTV recordings to gain focus back and have something highlighted.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Carlo,

I know you must still have a ton of things to catch up on and I am trying to be patient, but I was wondering if you could spend a minute on my (And Other's) ongoing issue.

The "Watch Now" mystery.

I have 18E installed with 2.2.6 and still have the same issue. I can not open external player unless I disable the "Non-Native file types only" setting. But this breaks LiveTV, as it is also trying to open up in an external player and can not. And now when in LiveTV Guide and clicking on "Watch Now" it does the same thing, Nothing, unless non-native is disabled.

Could you just take a minute to give us an update on where this lies on the list of things to fix, or any work around you might know?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Hey Carlo,

I know you must still have a ton of things to catch up on and I am trying to be patient, but I was wondering if you could spend a minute on my (And Other's) ongoing issue.

The "Watch Now" mystery.

I have 18E installed with 2.2.6 and still have the same issue. I can not open external player unless I disable the "Non-Native file types only" setting. But this breaks LiveTV, as it is also trying to open up in an external player and can not. And now when in LiveTV Guide and clicking on "Watch Now" it does the same thing, Nothing, unless non-native is disabled.

Could you just take a minute to give us an update on where this lies on the list of things to fix, or any work around you might know?
After some testing for some time now I too am experiencing this same issue as dvd_maniac

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Upgraded from 18D2 to 18E and now mpg.xml files are no longer being created. This is obviously causing Commercial Detection not to function.

I'll troubleshoot further tomorrow just curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior?

EDIT - Switched back to 18D2 and mpg.xml files are now being generated and Commercial Detection is running. Seems like there was a bug introduced into 18E.

HC

Last edited by hchucky; 03-08-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Sage Icon

I compress my files into xvid and I was wondering if I can use the xml files to keep the info? I move my files into import folders. I move the xml file that the STV creates for the avi file but the info does not show up. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage Expert

Carlo,

I am having trouble launching external applications. I cannot launch Firefox when I click on "go to IMDB website" or "Launch Web browser" which was working in previous builds (and I hadn't changed the xml file).

Also, when I enable "Only use external video player for non native Sage files," it won't launch an external application to play the non native files. It just does nothing when I press "watch now." However, when I disable this mechanism, it is able to launch the media player for all media files.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I compress my files into xvid and I was wondering if I can use the xml files to keep the info? I move my files into import folders. I move the xml file that the STV creates for the avi file but the info does not show up. Is there a way to fix this?
The xml files created for each show are for external processes to use and will not show up in the Imported Videos screen. To get info to show up there you need to create a .my file with the show info in it (following the .my standard of course). The ffmpeg compression script takes info from an xml file created by the STV (a slightly different XML than the one Carlo creates) and puts it in a .my file for you, but other than that you are on your own. I'm sure Carlo will eventually use the .xml files he created to use in his external compression app.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

I'm presently working on Comskip issues and then plan on doing the XML stuff
Old 03-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Carlo, I wish you would fix the "Watch Now" bug before working on XML if possible.....

@rsagetv99

Currently I am creating a .my file and that works fine, I guess I can live with doing that.
Is there a way to disable the creation of the XML file?
Old 03-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

odd issue

I appologize in advance if this issue has been addresses in the past. I have had very little patience with troubleshooting issues within sage these past couple of months. So I will just ask!

So far this issue seems to be isolated to cayers stv's on my client machine, and just recently evolved. When I am in sage for a few minutes and hit menu, it takes forever to get in the menu. This works the same if I were in the menu and hit back to go to sage. Most of the time as of lately, it takes an average of 10 seconds. I usually hear the audio for that 10 seconds before video comes up. If in the guide and I choose to view something, I get the same behavior.

Now when I switch to the original v2 skin, all seems well, without any of the above issues!

This machine is pretty beefy, so i would expect any hardware related issues.

P4 3.0, 512mb ram, GF FX5200 tvout, sagetv client, sage 2.2.2

this problem has followed every version of sage since v2

any thoughts are appreciated,

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Sage Expert

I think the INTERNAL comskip stopped workign with version 18E. Under what conditions should it start up? Only if Sage is in screensaver? I thought it was working at version 18D2 such that it would work if you had screen saver enabled or disabled and put it to sleep.