SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, haven't figured out an easy way to handle that yet. This has actualy, always been a problem with comskip in general from day one.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Take a look at the log file (same directory). It will have a list of shows it has processed. Once you can find a show it has processes, try loading that show in the OSD and see if it has the commercial markings in it.
I see delete orphan lines for 3 shows that aren't there anymore that were orphaned from the upgrade to 2.1 but nothing else.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

That would indicate that no files have been commercial detected then.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
That would indicate that no files have been commercial detected then.
Ok, any reason that would be though? If I manually select a file and do internal commercial detection it worked?
Old 01-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Cayars,

I just tried 18D and was hoping that the issue of watching livetv from LiveTV guide would be fixed by now. I am still having the same issue as I did before, When External Video Player is enabled and I try to watch something from the LiveTV Guide it does nothing. I can go through View TV but my wife gets screwed up that way. Is it something that just can't be fixed?
Old 01-31-2005, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazi
Hi Carlo, I think an older bug is back regrarding screen corruption in the live tv guide. It was working in R17 but now running 18TestD2 and it's back.

If I am using VMR9 as the renderer and have the live tv guide on screen, the guide colors will corrupt and wierd diagonal lines will show up when the upper right corner video window appears. Guide goes back to normal if I hit stop.

This doesn't happen if I use overlay mode with your STV and VMR9 mode works if I use the original Sage STV.
I have the same problem, but the corruption appears on the menue's as well. It only happens when the small tv window is playing. When I'm not watching a channel everything appears to be fine.

Is there a fix for this?

Ian
p.s. Great STV, much better then the standard one
Old 01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ultimate STV User's Guide v1.0

Ok, this is rough, but I want to get it out so I can get some feedback. Any and all is welcome, though I'm mostly looking for content feedback at this point (once I've touched up the page breaks I'll let you crituque my layout), and I'll do my best to get this document to a more usable state. The installation and FAQ sections I haven't even really worked on yet, so for now just ignore those until I get a chance to update/expand those. Please PM me with feedback so we don't clutter up the forum.

Due to the large size, the guide is located here.

Thanks,

-AJ

Sorry for the large file size, but there's a TON of screen shots!

Edit: by request a new thread has been started for this topic, here .

Last edited by ajuhawk; 01-31-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Sage User

Anyone use Windvd as an external DVD player?

Whenever I select 'Play DVD' Windvd 6 is launched behind the SageTV screensaver and stays there. I have to manually alt-tab for it to take the focus.

Any clues?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Sage User

Some icons not showing or available

Just curious for those of us that are utilizing only the Cayars STV at the moment...what is necessary to show additional icons such as recording icons and larger menu icons that I am seeing on the screenshots but not on my implementation of this STV.

If the answer is that I need another STV alongside of Cayars that would be a bit odd. But I am all ears. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjohn
Just curious for those of us that are utilizing only the Cayars STV at the moment...what is necessary to show additional icons such as recording icons and larger menu icons that I am seeing on the screenshots but not on my implementation of this STV.

If the answer is that I need another STV alongside of Cayars that would be a bit odd. But I am all ears. Thanks.
Do you have a specific example? Not sure I totally follow what you mean...if you're referring to the screenshots in the manual they're all from Cayars STV only.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
Do you have a specific example? Not sure I totally follow what you mean...if you're referring to the screenshots in the manual they're all from Cayars STV only.
Sure - one example are all the small icons in the TV Guide view above the guide that visually show whether an item is a favorite, CC, set to record etc.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Sage Icon

julesjohn can you tell me what it says in the Detailed Setup - Advanced - Application Definition (.STV File) section? Also what drive/directory is Sage installed in?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Sage User

Sorry about that - for some reason everything from Cayars but the root files in the ...Cayars root dir didn't get extracted originally. Extracting again did the trick. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars, Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with CommercialDetectManager and DVDBurner with having this unhandled exception when the system is set for non US date format?

When I run CommercialDetectManager 2>err.txt or DVDBurner 2>err.txt I get the following in err.txt
Quote:
Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "01/31/05" to type 'Date' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DateType.FromString(String Value, C
ultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DateType.FromString(String Value)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.DateAndTime.DateValue(String StringDate)
at CommercialDetectManager.Module1.Main(String[] sArgs)
I realize that this is not going to affect any of the US users, but is anyone else in the rest of the world able to get this going without having to have their system date format set to US format.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:42 AM
Sage Icon

Mini Guide problems

Quote:
Lucas wrote: I switched to this STV, version 17 last weekend and I noticed that most of the times, when pressing the "guide" button on the remote, the miniguide comes up briefly and then goes away. Once or twice out of 10 tries it will stick allowing me to browse back and forth.
Quote:
Cayars wrote: Lucas, try a CTRL-X from the keyboard and see what happens. It sounds like to me that your remote is sending double codes.
Carlo, CTRL-X is fine. It is indeed the remote sending the same code twice...
Any ideas on how to handle this? (other than map it to a diffent key)

Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Cayars, Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with CommercialDetectManager and DVDBurner with having this unhandled exception when the system is set for non US date format?

When I run CommercialDetectManager 2>err.txt or DVDBurner 2>err.txt I get the following in err.txt

I realize that this is not going to affect any of the US users, but is anyone else in the rest of the world able to get this going without having to have their system date format set to US format.
i'll be looking at this soon.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazi
Anyone use Windvd as an external DVD player?

Whenever I select 'Play DVD' Windvd 6 is launched behind the SageTV screensaver and stays there. I have to manually alt-tab for it to take the focus.

Any clues?
I am using zoomplayer for my remote player with girder. until I got girder working with zoomplayer any remote button I pressed sent focus back to sage. maybe something like that is happening for you?
Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
Exclamation Client Lockups with Cayars 17

I'm running V2.2.4beta of sage and cayars 17 and when I'm running the STV I get occassional lockups of the GUI (CPU goes to 100% for about 2-3 minutes then returns to normal but won't respond to anything).

So far just killing the client and leaving the service running has kept win.bin from getting corrupted. According to the logs the area that's having problems is in Java with a parameter being out of bounds. If I switch back to originalv2 STV I don't get the lockups.

I did notice that the java files were updated so that's been installed as well as java 5.

Any ideas?

Mike
Old 02-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
BTW, any reason you're running at 800x600 instead of 720x480? If you get your system to run at 720x480 you'll have a little better picture quality and will save some CPU cycles in the process as the image doesn't have to stretched/enlarged. You're recording at 720x480 so you might as well output at the same resolution also.
Do you mean the Windows resolution? I am using Pal here in Germany... so you say I should run Windows in 720x576 (PAL-resolution)? What if my video driver doesn't offer this resolution? (Don't know now, I am at the office right now...)

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I've found a hard bug in the menu system. Exactly what I did (confirmed multiple times):

1. Go to IMDB Search
2. Search for person (for instance... Brooke Burke )
3. Use left arrow key to go back
4. Did you get a blank menu with the number 1?
5. Press left arrow... looks like it will be okay...
6. Select Back
7. FUBAR from here on out

I get an error and a "default menu" that does nothing. Closing and restarting Sage is required at this point.