SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Sage User

CommercialDetectManager.exe - Application Error

When I try to run cdrun.bat (or the application commercialdetectmanager.exe from my Sage server I get: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. I am running Cayars 17 and downloaded the commercial manager update from 1/28. The app seems to run fine from my sage client. Also, there is no instructions in cdrun.bat so I don't know what the switches are for commercialdetectmanager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TD
Old 01-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdalton
When I try to run cdrun.bat (or the application commercialdetectmanager.exe from my Sage server I get: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. I am running Cayars 17 and downloaded the commercial manager update from 1/28. The app seems to run fine from my sage client. Also, there is no instructions in cdrun.bat so I don't know what the switches are for commercialdetectmanager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TD
Per the first message in the thread, see message 2854 which has the information in it to answer these questions.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

The clock/time is what I had asked for in a previous post. You had in on the list of things you can't/won't do, but it sounds like you misunderstood what I meant. Yes the clock would be very nice, I also have my volume bar and mouse icons turned off so the area to the right of the play bar is empty.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry about that rsagetv99.

I DID misunderstand what you were asking for. I was thinking in addition to the other elements and there just isn't room without making the bottom bar taller. If I was going to do that then there would be no purpose because you could turn the volume back on and have it. Hence the "I won't do that".

Now, understanding further that the icons don't show up (I forgot about it) (duh)...

So yes this should be very do-able.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Sage Expert

Carlo,

I just wanted to check up on my ComDetect problem since you haven't mentioned it. I still cannot get ComDetect to kick on after going into the OSD and exiting. All of my settings are correct and I completely shutdown both programs and restarted it. any updates on this?
Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

abasu2003, I haven't made any additional changes to it YET since "D". Give me a run down of the OSD and screen save settings in detailed setup.

Also try exiting both. Kill any CommercialDetect.exe running apps. Then start CDM and let it start processing the first file. You should be able to verify it is working by bringing up task manager and looking at it's CPU usage.

Then start SageTV. Once the main menu is up it should pause CD until you kick in the screen saver. Once the SS is active CD should start processing again. Once the screen saver is NOT active it should pause again.

That's what should happen! Let me know what you see (where is stops functioning correctly). As I said before, I'm sure there will be a few kinks in this code that need to get worked out but so far you're the only one mentioning this.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Bug: If you have the Skip DVD Menus option turned on in Detailed setup, and you try to play a DVD that does not support this option the you get a playback exception error in SAGE which you can't acknowledge, and the STV freaks out! The movie continues to play behind the error and there are some weird graphics all over the screen. I was able to acknowledge the error with a keyboard last night, and I could navigate through the menus, but the menus/graphics were so messed up that I was pretty much flying blind. At some point I stumbled in to the Detailed Menu and managed to switch the STV back to the original, and the original STV was fine. I went back to Detailed Setup, which was still screwed up and selected the Cayars STV again, and the other menus were messed up as well. Exiting SAGE and opening it again seemed to fix the problem. I am turning this feature off, but I wanted to make you aware of the bug.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahcsm
All,
I am trying to add an extension for my purchased real music files (i.e. the .rax exentsion). I have gone to the Multimedia section under setup anD have added the extension to the Music Library File Extensions selection. I restart Sage and the files do not show up under my MusiC Library list, but rather my Video Library (Imported) list. Any ideas as to how I might fix this?

Thanks,
Mike

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Sage Expert

Carlo, I'm confused.

If I have the "Process While Screen Saver Is On" disabled, shouldn't I get the behavior that it will process when i'm in the main menu?

I've actually done exactly what you said:

Quote:
Also try exiting both. Kill any CommercialDetect.exe running apps. Then start CDM and let it start processing the first file. You should be able to verify it is working by bringing up task manager and looking at it's CPU usage.

Then start SageTV. Once the main menu is up it should pause CD...
If I have the above option disabled, seems like when I Sleep Sage, then it the CD should kick back on, correct?

Otherwise, I have a problem. I dont' utilize the Sage ScreenSaver, I just power Sage off. Shouldn't CD kick on once I'm not using Sage?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

No as previously said I'm doing this is steps to make sure one thing works completely before moving on to the next. The only two ways this works at present is with the OSD option OR screen saver. No code for power on/off (sleep) yet.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Bug: If you have the Skip DVD Menus option turned on in Detailed setup, and you try to play a DVD that does not support this option the you get a playback exception error in SAGE which you can't acknowledge, and the STV freaks out! The movie continues to play behind the error and there are some weird graphics all over the screen. I was able to acknowledge the error with a keyboard last night, and I could navigate through the menus, but the menus/graphics were so messed up that I was pretty much flying blind. At some point I stumbled in to the Detailed Menu and managed to switch the STV back to the original, and the original STV was fine. I went back to Detailed Setup, which was still screwed up and selected the Cayars STV again, and the other menus were messed up as well. Exiting SAGE and opening it again seemed to fix the problem. I am turning this feature off, but I wanted to make you aware of the bug.
You need to report this one to Frey. It's not an STV bug, but a core issue.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahcsm
Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks,
Mike
Did you happen to import these into the library before you added this as a valid music extension?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Missing program and header information.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...4804#post84804
Old 01-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Did you happen to import these into the library before you added this as a valid music extension?

No,
They would not import at all uless added as a music extension. Before I addeded it, they would show up nowhere in any list. After I added it as a music extension, they showed up in imported videos.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Cayar - Like the new profile picture.

You drive a WRX? I do. A beautiful WR Blue Pearl bug-eyes '03 model.

I still LOVE the old bug-eye front end. Thinks it looks a lot more fun than the new boring headlights.

Jason Bottjen
Old 01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm trying to break my wife of the habit of using our normal TV, however, sometimes she really likes to just channel surf (which, admittedly, doesn't work very well using SageTV due to the time it takes to change channels). Now a feature that might make it easier to use Sage would be a "last channel recall" button - does anyone know if this exists all ready and I've missed it in the documents/forums or, Cayars, is this something that could be added?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Cayar - Like the new profile picture.

You drive a WRX? I do. A beautiful WR Blue Pearl bug-eyes '03 model.

I still LOVE the old bug-eye front end. Thinks it looks a lot more fun than the new boring headlights.

Jason Bottjen
Well that was a pic from about 2 years ago. Since then I went with Morette's if you know what they are. I got hit 7/31 and I'm just now getting the car back, properly setup for Rally again (back to the bug eye look). I run open division as I'm forced to because of all the mods. I also run X-cross which is really run as I kick the sh*t out of everyone. I've also been known in the past to visit Atco and do the 1/4 mile in sub 11s. Different setup for the strip however. I don't do 1/4s anymore because the tranny won't take it. I'm running a 2.5 bottom stroked to 2.8 which I did myself.

I'm on my third motor and the way the car sits it's close to 25K over sticker price.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-30-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
I'm trying to break my wife of the habit of using our normal TV, however, sometimes she really likes to just channel surf (which, admittedly, doesn't work very well using SageTV due to the time it takes to change channels). Now a feature that might make it easier to use Sage would be a "last channel recall" button - does anyone know if this exists all ready and I've missed it in the documents/forums or, Cayars, is this something that could be added?
I'm not sure I follow, what did you have in mind?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdalton

Thanks,
TD
Switch your Regional Options in Windows to "English (United States)"
I had the same problem. It was crashing with the error:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "01/31/05" to type 'Date' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DateType.FromString(String Value, CultureInfo culture)......."
Old 01-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I'm not sure I follow, what did you have in mind?
The remote for our TV has a button that you can press that'll take you back to the last channel watched. So let's say there's a show on CH 3 and one on CH 13 that you are "watching", by pressing this button when you're on CH3 it takes you straight back to CH13 without having to type 13, and when on 13 it takes you back to 3. Now the "problem" is that there's not really a button to map it to on the remote - but I can figure that out once the option exists - so does that make sense?

So that makes 3 of us with WRX's... though mine is still in need of some mods