SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Carlo, is it OK to run the new external comskip across more one PC similar to the how we run the internal version to speed up processing?

Thanks.
I have it running on multiple machines at the same time.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars,

when using the new commercial detect there appears to be no way to let it know to skip shows recorded on a given channel - i.e. PBS that has no commercials per se - is this indeed the case?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Feature Request: Would it be possible to have some default zoom/stretch options in the OSD options menu while playing a video? Somthing like:
130%V x 130%H
130%V x 0%H
120%V x 0%H
140%V x 0%H

Looking for a way to quickly adjust the overscan settings to match a show format, and the Aspect Ratio settings are not enough. See the following post: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=9755

Carlo, I am fully prepared to accept your "lazy SAGE user" comments.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
Cayars,

when using the new commercial detect there appears to be no way to let it know to skip shows recorded on a given channel - i.e. PBS that has no commercials per se - is this indeed the case?

Thanks
That's correct, at present it will process all files from oldest to newest. The external process doesn't have access to show information (for now).
Old 01-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Feature Request: Would it be possible to have some default zoom/stretch options in the OSD options menu while playing a video? Somthing like:
130%V x 130%H
130%V x 0%H
120%V x 0%H
140%V x 0%H

Looking for a way to quickly adjust the overscan settings to match a show format, and the Aspect Ratio settings are not enough. See the following post: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=9755

Carlo, I am fully prepared to accept your "lazy SAGE user" comments.
I actually wanted to do something like this before but ended up not doing it. I don't remember why I didn't do it. I'll check and see if I have any notes on why I didn't do it. But I do think it's useful and not for "lazy users"
Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars,

What is the correct syntax for the CDRun.bat file if using multiple video directories?

EDIT - never mind... "c:\dir1" "c:\dir2" figured it out. Version B strips out all of the comments in the bat files.

Thanks,
HC

Last edited by hchucky; 01-25-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Sage User

did you catch my question before? (quoted for convience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgust
I thought it was for all recordings, not just favorites?

(and yes, I was waiting for new ones, not expecting it on old ones)
Old 01-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I thought it was for all recordings, not just favorites?

(and yes, I was waiting for new ones, not expecting it on old ones)
Nope, it says in setup "Remove Padding...Favorites/Same Channel"
Old 01-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Sage User

the menu item itself though is, "default padding for new records/favorites"

if that's not how to achieve a default padding on EVERY new recording, how can I? I asked before (in another section of the forums) and I was instructed to download the cayars stv specifically for that...
Old 01-26-2005, 03:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

if that's not how to achieve a default padding on EVERY new recording, how can I? I asked before (in another section of the forums) and I was instructed to download the cayars stv specifically for that...
Apparently we're using different versions. 18C says in full "Remove Padding on Back to Back Favorites/Same Channel". No wait, you're asking how to ENABLE default padding! Duh. Which does indeed say "...new record/favorites", which is ambiguous to me. Does it mean "new recordings of favorites" or as it sounds like you want all "new recordings (of any type) and favorites". I believe it means new recordings of favorites, as opposed to favorites already setup.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Missing OSD

In the Recordings Guide, I am missing the OSD with the disk space header and show detail for a single show at the top level.

When I navigate into any episode folder, the OSD is correct.

I am on 18C. Is there an option somewhere I missed?

thanx -gary-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missing osd.JPG (76.1 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg complete osd.JPG (99.2 KB, 237 views)
Old 01-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Sage User

Carlo,

A few more questions.

Is CDM-VersionB only to be used with cayars 18C and above? Will it not work with 17 properly? I'm still running 17 as I'm not a "VIP" (yet) and am having an issue where CDM is reprocessing shows that have already been processed? If I stop and restart CDM, it goes back and processes shows that CDM has already done in the past? How does CDM know if it's already processed a show and to skip it and move onto the next one?

Moving forward, will it be possible to run more than one instance of CDM at a time? My STV runs standalone right now on my TV with no no wireless keyboard/mouse attached. Thus, it's not easy for me to "Pause" and "Resume". I think I'd get better viewing performance if I were to run two instances of CDM all the time under "play_nice" restrictions than to just run one with it having all the CPU it wants?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2005, 05:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

NO, not for EVERY recording. It sets the default padding entry for new favorites. If you are doing manual recordings then the process is, well "manual".
Old 01-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbrown
In the Recordings Guide, I am missing the OSD with the disk space header and show detail for a single show at the top level.

When I navigate into any episode folder, the OSD is correct.

I am on 18C. Is there an option somewhere I missed?

thanx -gary-
Try switching to a different STV and let me know if it does the same thing.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Try switching to a different STV and let me know if it does the same thing.
OriginalV2 works fine.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinyth
Carlo,

A few more questions.

Is CDM-VersionB only to be used with cayars 18C and above? Will it not work with 17 properly? I'm still running 17 as I'm not a "VIP" (yet) and am having an issue where CDM is reprocessing shows that have already been processed? If I stop and restart CDM, it goes back and processes shows that CDM has already done in the past? How does CDM know if it's already processed a show and to skip it and move onto the next one?
Technically, it can be run with any STV installed.
What it looks for is file extentions of ".VPrj". It it's not there or more then 0 bytes then it will process it as a new show. It's important not to modify the ini file and remove this.
Quote:
Moving forward, will it be possible to run more than one instance of CDM at a time? My STV runs standalone right now on my TV with no no wireless keyboard/mouse attached. Thus, it's not easy for me to "Pause" and "Resume". I think I'd get better viewing performance if I were to run two instances of CDM all the time under "play_nice" restrictions than to just run one with it having all the CPU it wants?

Thanks!
No, because it will go into a wait/poll mode until any CommercialDetect already running on that machine is finished. With 18C it will do the pausing for you automatically.

At present, it only does the pause/resume when entering/leaving the OSD. I'm pretty sure I'm expanding this for the next version to include pause/resume while recording and while sleeping (all configurable). I noticed without the "play_nice" entries in the ini that the interface is mighty slow responding until you get into the OSD.

I think the ideal setup will probably be tied to the screensaver. If screensave is active then CommercialDetect is running. If no screensaver (using the STV) then Commercial Detect is running. This functionality and the ability to also pause/resume while recording will just about do it.

I might also get a little fancy on the recording part. For example I might try and see if I can pause/resume based on the number of shows being recorded. Maybe CommercialDetect will run OK with 1 or 2 shows being recorded but not with 3 or more so it would be nice to say, pause commercial detection when 3 or more shows are currently being recorded.

Carlo
Old 01-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Technically, it can be run with any STV installed.
What it looks for is file extentions of ".VPrj". It it's not there or more then 0 bytes then it will process it as a new show. It's important not to modify the ini file and remove this.
Carlo,

Thanks again for the explanation and the quick response! I figured out the problem after your explanation.

All my shows right now are being recorded to its own seperate drive (D. Having:

Quote:
CommercialDetectManager.exe "D:"
In the CDRun.bat causes the .VPrj file not to be detected for some reason? CDM will run, but it will start processing the entire drive as if there were no .VPrj files (even though they exist).

Quote:
CommercialDetectManager.exe "D:\"
In CDRun.bat will cause the bat file to error out and not run (I'm assuming because it's missing the end " due to the single \ being there).

Quote:
CommercialDetectManager.exe "D:\\"
In CDRun.bat does work fine though. I tested that in my config and it didn't try and reprocess the whole directory.

Might be helpful in case others have the same setup and are having problems (or in the event that there is some way to fix the first scenerio).

Quote:
No, because it will go into a wait/poll mode until any CommercialDetect already running on that machine is finished. With 18C it will do the pausing for you automatically.

At present, it only does the pause/resume when entering/leaving the OSD. I'm pretty sure I'm expanding this for the next version to include pause/resume while recording and while sleeping (all configurable). I noticed without the "play_nice" entries in the ini that the interface is mighty slow responding until you get into the OSD.

I think the ideal setup will probably be tied to the screensaver. If screensave is active then CommercialDetect is running. If no screensaver (using the STV) then Commercial Detect is running. This functionality and the ability to also pause/resume while recording will just about do it.

I might also get a little fancy on the recording part. For example I might try and see if I can pause/resume based on the number of shows being recorded. Maybe CommercialDetect will run OK with 1 or 2 shows being recorded but not with 3 or more so it would be nice to say, pause commercial detection when 3 or more shows are currently being recorded.

Carlo
Thanks for the detailed explanations on everything.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
I installed 16 and now am getting the end of file crashes... It actually happens after selecting to delete the file. Interestingly, Sage continues to work behind the "Do you want to send an error report?" Once I make a selection in that window... poof... sage shuts down.

Any suggestions?

Hi
did anyone answer this could not find a answer but maybe just over looked it,Having the same problem thanks for your Help

(Cayars awesome STV by the way )
Old 01-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, I had a chance to install 18C with the new external CD process and I have to say, "Very Cool!" I brought up the task manager just to test it and as soon as I started a show the CPU utilization of CD dropped to 0. When I stopped the show the CPU went back to 100% with SAGE and CD sharing the resources. It appears that CD does a better job of sharing resources with SAGE than CS did, but may that was just my imagination. I only played with it for a few minutes, and had some slight hesitation when starting to move through the menus, but for the most part it appeared to work much better than CS. Great job!

I did notice that shows that were recorded on my ignored channel list were also being processed but I'm sure this is expected since the process is external to the STV.

An easy fix for this might be to move the ignore setting to the favorite list instead of ignoring by channel. When you turn this setting on maybe a file gets created that lists all of your favorites that you do not want commercial detected (or one file for each ignored favorite). Then maybe have CD check this list before processing a show. Just a suggestion, but I'm sure you have a better way to do it.

Also, I have never understood why someone would need to stop CD while a show is recording, I haven't checked in a while but I thought the 150/250/350 did most of the work and didn't need much CPU at all. I only have two tuners though, so maybe this is why.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Drinyth, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding what you said. However, maybe this will help.

You would want to run:
CommercialDetectManager.exe "D:\"
only one backslash.

Also there might have been some confusion on the "PRjr" extension. That is used by the STV as a means to cleanup. This is not used by the externial process. The Test B version you have only checks for the "txt" extension and if it doesn't find it then it processes the file.

I'll be releasing Test Version C later today which will include the ORPHAN file cleanup which will run automatically and will have a few fixes needed for people running this from mutliple computers.