SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

CommericalDetect future configurable?

It's working well as previously stated, maybe too well! I'd not planned comskipping the two manually recorded 22.4G each playoff games from last weekend, oh well no biggy. Will future versions be configurable for type of recording or will this strictly be KISS and just let it do it!

Also, appears to be processing based on alphabetical order rather than oldest record date. Intentional change? Again, doesn't really matter. But since your STV is the I want to do it my way STV configurable CommercialDetect would/could be good!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,

I don't know if others have reported this to you.... I don't have time to read through all the posts.....

With Cayars17 I notice the following problems:

1. If you change channels on the guide, watch the show then hit STOP the screen will sit in black until you hit menu key, then menus come back.

2. About every 2-3 minutes, the playback video will just freeze and stutter around, then start playing again. It's particularly bad if you're trying to playback a show that just started recording. Many times the solution is to stop playback and wait a couple of minutes. This stuttering is significantly different from the small, almost imperceptable, stuttters we've all been complaining about with 2.x. These are epiliptic siezures.

All these problems started immedately upon install of v17. As soon as I went back to v16, the problems immediately went away and have been gone for two days now.

On a side note, Comskip seems to be missing a lot of commercials lately -- on programs it used to nail near perfectly.

I am running 2.2.3, using overlay with Intervideo decoder, no 3D accell, color keying on, Comskip working but not for live shows.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Best regards,

Stacy
Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Will this work for setups like the MediaMVP?

My clients are always in the system tray, and I connect to them through the MediaMVP.

If the 'in OSD' flag doesn't get set in that situation, then I still need the 'play_nice' settings... Edit: I saw you mentioned you can just add it back into the INI file if you need it. Cool.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Well it certainly can use any/all ini settings. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned this as I forgot about those settings.

I just took a look at the CommercialDetect.ini file and sure enough both "play_nice_start" & "play_nice_end" are there. With the new pause/resume OSD feature I should probably remove these from the ini file.

Anyone reading this should probably remove the last two line to improve performance. This will be the default in the next release.

Carlo

Last edited by JasonJoel; 01-25-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
It's working well as previously stated, maybe too well! I'd not planned comskipping the two manually recorded 22.4G each playoff games from last weekend, oh well no biggy. Will future versions be configurable for type of recording or will this strictly be KISS and just let it do it!

Also, appears to be processing based on alphabetical order rather than oldest record date. Intentional change? Again, doesn't really matter. But since your STV is the I want to do it my way STV configurable CommercialDetect would/could be good!
I'm following the KISS principle for testing this. I'm going to only add a feature or two at a time to keep testing simpleand make sure everything gets tested well.

Presently I'm not actually doing any sorting at all. I'm just getting a list of files from the directory and processing them. This WILL be changed in the next test version as it's driving my crazy. I'm seeing a good deal of wasted CPU cycles on my system watching IR files get comm detected, then the file gets deleted and a new recording is saved and processed.

This of course isn't bad if all your previous files have been processed. So, I'll be adding some sorting and intelligense to the next release.

BTW, when completed this will run as a service and not as an application. I can compile it now as a service but won't be releasing it that way until nearly finished because it's a pain to uninstall, reinstall etc...
Old 01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Will this work for setups like the MediaMVP?

My clients are always in the system tray, and I connect to them through the MediaMVP.

If the 'in OSD' flag doesn't get set in that situation, then I still need the 'play_nice' settings... Edit: I saw you mentioned you can just add it back into the INI file if you need it. Cool.

Jason
It's transparent to the MVP. The STV doesn't know/care if you are outputting to a video card or an OSD Plugin (PVR-350, XCard, MVP). So it can still pause/resume the processing. Of course with one of these devices you may not need it to pause and you could turn this off in setup.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

CDM-Version B

Commercial Detect Manager Test Version B is attached.
Stop CommercialDetectManager.exe
Unzip this into the Cayars/External/CommercialDetect directory.
Start CommercialDetectManager.exe
It does not matter if any files are currently being processed or not as long as the "Manager" is stopped before the upgrade. If you get an error overwriting CommercialDetect.exe just ignore that file as it hasn't changed anyway.

Test Version B Changes
A Few minor internal code changes.
All libraries are now parsed and sorted.
Files are now processed OLDEST to NEWEST.

Previously, the first library was completely processed then the 2nd library then the 3rd library etc... Now all libraries are looked at and sorted, then the processing is done on the oldest file, then next oldest, etc...

Let me know if you experience any issues or problems.

Carlo
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDM-VersionB.zip (152.8 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

I don't know if others have reported this to you.... I don't have time to read through all the posts.....

With Cayars17 I notice the following problems:

1. If you change channels on the guide, watch the show then hit STOP the screen will sit in black until you hit menu key, then menus come back.

2. About every 2-3 minutes, the playback video will just freeze and stutter around, then start playing again. It's particularly bad if you're trying to playback a show that just started recording. Many times the solution is to stop playback and wait a couple of minutes. This stuttering is significantly different from the small, almost imperceptable, stuttters we've all been complaining about with 2.x. These are epiliptic siezures.

All these problems started immedately upon install of v17. As soon as I went back to v16, the problems immediately went away and have been gone for two days now.

On a side note, Comskip seems to be missing a lot of commercials lately -- on programs it used to nail near perfectly.

I am running 2.2.3, using overlay with Intervideo decoder, no 3D accell, color keying on, Comskip working but not for live shows.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Best regards,

Stacy
bump
Old 01-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Also, for the heck of it installed 18C over the top of 16 on my HTPC Client. Played with it about a minute, acted screwy, stuff missing/not displaying in detailed setup etc. So did my usual clean repair install of Client v2.1.10 after renaming SageTV dir, Core2 & 18C all okie-dokie. So if 18C is supposed install properly over the top it doesn't. But then, past version didn't either and it's no big deal to me. But, it should be made clear one way or the other what the preferred install method is. I know what mine is!
It seems weird to me that you have so much trouble getting it to work without doing a clean install. For the last 8 upgrades (more or less) I've been dumping it on top of my old installs with no problems to date...
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Sage User

default padding isn't working for me.

I set up the default padding, and when I go into the menu it says it has a 5 minute padding on all new recording starts, but when I record something, this doesn't happen

any ideas?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
It seems weird to me that you have so much trouble getting it to work without doing a clean install. For the last 8 upgrades (more or less) I've been dumping it on top of my old installs with no problems to date...
But, you're not jumping versions and missing files/setting updates either.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgust
default padding isn't working for me.

I set up the default padding, and when I go into the menu it says it has a 5 minute padding on all new recording starts, but when I record something, this doesn't happen

any ideas?
When you go into what menu does it say 5 minutes padding (i.e. favorites)? Just to clarify this is meant for NEW favorites setup after you change the default padding. It's not going to go back and change your OLD favorites.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,

Enough said.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,

You've got something else going on with your machine for these to happen. I'd spend 5 minutes and do a re-install of SageTV 2.2.4 overtop of what you have after backing up the important files.

The other issues have been talked about a lot recently and you shouldn't have any trouble finding information on these in the last few pages of the thread. The've also been fixed in the currently released Test 18 C version.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
But, you're not jumping versions and missing files/setting updates either.
Must be the reason I responded before finishing catching up for the day so I noticed later, and it makes sense, that since he's going from 16 to 17+ he's having problems.

One problem I'm having is trying to make a users guide for a moving target But, if anyone out there cares, it is getting closer. Hope to do some final editting this weekend and then toss it to the masses for critisism. We'll see if that actually happens or not.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Carlo, is it OK to run the new external comskip across more one PC similar to the how we run the internal version to speed up processing?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, yeah... Told you I would buy one of those machines if there was a Sage interface for it..

Jason

Quote:
Of course with one of these devices you may not need it to pause and you could turn this off in setup.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One problem I'm having is trying to make a users guide for a moving target But, if anyone out there cares, it is getting closer. Hope to do some final editting this weekend and then toss it to the masses for critisism. We'll see if that actually happens or not.
Well at least my changes lately have been more under the covers type things with little or no interface changes (compared to other versions).
Old 01-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
When you go into what menu does it say 5 minutes padding (i.e. favorites)? Just to clarify this is meant for NEW favorites setup after you change the default padding. It's not going to go back and change your OLD favorites.
I thought it was for all recordings, not just favorites?

(and yes, I was waiting for new ones, not expecting it on old ones)
Old 01-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Must be the reason I responded before finishing catching up for the day so I noticed later, and it makes sense, that since he's going from 16 to 17+ he's having problems.
I wasn't having trouble if you followed the posts. I overlayed 18C on 16 on our main HTPC Client just to see what would happen after already confirming 18C okie-dokie on my main workstation Client which I use for testing. My post was more a warning on what can happen for someone who might not think to have their SageTV dir backed up before changing STVs.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I wasn't having trouble if you followed the posts. I overlayed 18C on 16 on our main HTPC Client just to see what would happen after already confirming 18C okie-dokie on my main workstation Client which I use for testing. My post was more a warning on what can happen for someone who might not think to have their SageTV dir backed up before changing STVs.
Ok, my mistake - I tend to read things in a hurry when I'm trying to catch up with however many posts each day...