SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I just wanted to say that the workaround did not work for me. Just to clarify, I don't see the purple bars anymore, so when I enable/disable, I still don't see the purple bars.
You are having a different problem. The workaround was/is for when it sees the purple commercials but doesn't auto-advance.

Not seeing the commerical sections happened to me when I first went to 17A on my test Client. I deinstalled Java, reinstalled Java, clean reinstalled Client v2.1.10 and all Cayars files and playback has seen the commerical processed segments since. Clean install of Client by simply renaming SageTV dir the installing Client selecting Repair option. New SageTV dir is created with clean Client install.

Last edited by mdmint; 01-23-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Expert

what version of java.

I'm betting that if I reinstall java (clean) and then reinstall the java core files then that should be enough. At least I'm hoping.

EDIT: I re-installed java (clean) and it still did not work. Carlo, is this a problem that you have duplicated or is this something that is specific to me? I really don't want to have to de-install, -reinstall Sage but I am willing to do it if necessary.

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-23-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
what version of java.

I'm betting that if I reinstall java (clean) and then reinstall the java core files then that should be enough. At least I'm hoping.

EDIT: I re-installed java (clean) and it still did not work. Carlo, is this a problem that you have duplicated or is this something that is specific to me? I really don't want to have to de-install, -reinstall Sage but I am willing to do it if necessary.
Are you running from Server or Client? If Client it takes all of maybe 5 minutes for complete clean reinstall of Client and Cayars STV including 100% ability to go back 100% to previous Client install. I've detailed the simple steps multiple times, which don't include deinstalling Client, simply renaming the directory. This method worked for me to get playback comskip to be seen again. It's also the method I've been using with ANY new STV install now rather than new STV version over the top. Simple, fast, and effective.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Tony414, were the colors red or purple? If purple they are from ComSkip but if they are red then it part of the show that is missing, like if you were skipping around channel surfing.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony414
I have a little issue with comskip. I'm not sure if this was already mentioned. I'm using 2.2.3 and version 17 of Cayars. Last night I recorded a 2hr movie, and in the timeline it showed a few small spots like there was commercials. Should that have happened? Also, what would happen if I wanted to burn it?
One way to avoid this is to add all of your movie channels to the list of channels that you want comskip to ignore. This will also save you some CPU time since comskip won't be wasting time/CPU processing these files.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, I have a workaround for a core problem and I wanted to see if you might implement it. I created a script called RenameMPG that will allow me to rename timed recordings since no EPG data is included with those shows. Since I am doing it outside of SAGE I have it prompt me for the location and name of the recording, then what I want to rename the file, and then it prompts me for show information. The script then moves the file to a folder (on the same drive so it's instant) called Renamed\<RenamedFile>\<RenamedFile.MPG>. It also creates a .my file with the info that it asked for earlier. In SAGE I added the Renamed directory as an import directory and I added a menu option in the Maintenance Menu.

This was pretty easy for me to do with my limited skills. Could you put this into SAGE? If it was in SAGE the file location would not have to be entered manually. Later you could incorprate the IMDB data so that once you enter the Title the rest of the data could be populated automatically.

What do you think?
Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

rsagetv99. Thanks. I didn't even think of that!

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The situation that you describe is exactly the purpose of using Recording Error: the show will be removed from the db because it is not what it thought it recorded. Any Watched data will be removed too.
This all was VERY useful info on how SageTV works internally. Thanks for the knowledge, hun!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Sage User

Three problems I've come across with 17.

1. when adding a new favorite, I cannot set it to first run only. Only reruns and firt/rerun stick when chosen.

2. I have two copies of all of my music in my music folder. removing the directory and even moving the directory off the disk so it cant see it does not help. sage just removes the good copies of the files and leaves all the copies that do not work.

3. is there a way to use two external video players? windows media for mpg imports and use intervideo for vob files?
Old 01-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
In detailed setup there is an option to ignore padding if back to back programs are on the same channel. But no, it's not a conflict resolution option. (My solution was simple, 5 tuners and planning to add a couple 500s )
mdmint,
I just checked again and I can confirm that I have this option enabled and I am getting the warning message when recording 2 consecutive shows on the same channel.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Are you running from Server or Client? If Client it takes all of maybe 5 minutes for complete clean reinstall of Client and Cayars STV including 100% ability to go back 100% to previous Client install. I've detailed the simple steps multiple times, which don't include deinstalling Client, simply renaming the directory. This method worked for me to get playback comskip to be seen again. It's also the method I've been using with ANY new STV install now rather than new STV version over the top. Simple, fast, and effective.
I am running server, only have sage on one computer. So re-installing would be a process
Old 01-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
mdmint,
I just checked again and I can confirm that I have this option enabled and I am getting the warning message when recording 2 consecutive shows on the same channel.
I've never needed to confirm it actually worked my 5 tuner setup, just knew the setting was there! Have you tried that function with an earlier version Cayars STV successfully?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I am running server, only have sage on one computer. So re-installing would be a process
I take it you didn't fully backup your Server SageTV directory before beginning customizing, ouch. If you do have a full SageTV dir backup, make a new back of current sage properities & wiz files, rename current SageTV dir, restore backup SageTV dir, restore just backed up wiz & prop. Confirm functionality, make a new base SageTV backup then and then customize.

If you don't have a SageTV dir backup made before you began customizing and do end up having to reinstall Server I'd highly suggest before any customizing make a backup in another directory!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Sage User

Bug report: I just installed 17 on 2.2.4, and now when I reach the end of a show, only part of the delete menu is visible, whichever option is highlighted, and whatever option I move to next. And the menu disappears very quickly, certainly less than a second, although once I've chosen my option, even if the menu isn't visible it seems to be doing the right thing. I'm using the default video renderer.

Wish list: It'd be very handy if it were possible to sort episodes by their episode number. I've managed to record a lot of episodes of one show, but it's been recorded very much out of order, and being able to sort by episode number would make it easier to find the lowest numbered episode.

Thanks for all the work!
Hauppauge PVR 350
Hauppauge PVR 250
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Sage Expert

gendalia,

you can sort by original air date
Old 01-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I take it you didn't fully backup your Server SageTV directory before beginning customizing, ouch. If you do have a full SageTV dir backup, make a new back of current sage properities & wiz files, rename current SageTV dir, restore backup SageTV dir, restore just backed up wiz & prop. Confirm functionality, make a new base SageTV backup then and then customize.
I did actually have a backup directory, and I did what you said, and confirmed that my Sage directory ca 16C was comskipping. Then I upgraded to 18B and the comskip went away. I then checked to see what would happen if I went back to 16C (with my Sage director as is, not the old backed up version) and comskipping is back. So, to me, it seems like there is something wrong with the STV. Am I missing something?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I did actually have a backup directory, and I did what you said, and confirmed that my Sage directory ca 16C was comskipping. Then I upgraded to 18B and the comskip went away. I then checked to see what would happen if I went back to 16C (with my Sage director as is, not the old backed up version) and comskipping is back. So, to me, it seems like there is something wrong with the STV. Am I missing something?
I actually had that problem, no comskip purple during playback, after 17A installed over 16. It took clean Client & 17 install to get it working. My guess is 18B over 16 behaving badly just like 17A over 16 did for me. Unfortunately sounds like your Sage Server backup is with 16 already installed. Don't know what to suggest other than the you already know what ugly.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:15 AM
Sage Expert

mdmint,

what version of the STV are you running right now?

I just deleted my Sage Directory, then ran a repair installation so that it gave it back to me. Then I installed cayars STV (all three pieces), and I got no comskip working.

EDIT: I just completely uninstalled Sage. Re-installed Sage. Re-installed the 2 STV files. copied in the wiz.bin and sage.properties files and got no comskip.

This has to be STV related. I basically did a clean install and it still won't give it to me. I'm not sure what else to do.

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-24-2005 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
mdmint,

what version of the STV are you running right now?

I just deleted my Sage Directory, then ran a repair installation so that it gave it back to me. Then I installed cayars STV (all three pieces), and I got no comskip working.

This has to be STV related. I basically did a clean install and it still won't give it to me. I'm not sure what else to do.
Not good. Hmmm, repair install was exactly what I used for Client re-installs after renaming dir. After repair Sage install you did Javazip, Core2 and 18B without another Cayars and purple still not showing on playback? What version Java are you running, I'm running current Java site d/l v1.4.2_06.

18B is on my workstation Client I use for comskip processing and upgrade testing. 18B shows the playback purple and works with the workaround toggle, just checked again ok.

However I have never used any custom STV on the Server so there may be differences we don't know about. I almost put Cayars on the Server yesterday figuring let the Server do the comskipping when it's not recording but changed my mind. Guess I'm chicken, and I like the fact my Sage Server has had one and only one hiccup since putting online May04. I ain't messin' with it! Also why I'm still running v2.1.10 and not a beta, it's working smooth and solid service mode for me...
Old 01-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was wondering how files are passed to external players?
I am trying to get zoom player to work. so far dvd's and movie file (mpg, avi, etc) play fine but I have a lot of dvd's ripped in video_ts folders. the internal player plays these fine but zoomplayer is having problems

is the ifo file passed to the external player or something else?
thanks!

PS does this STV work with the sage BETA programs?