SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Robert The DVD Burner works well with VDR. That's not really been a problem. You can do this all day long. So if you plan on using this I'd say go for it and register VDR.

Where we are seeing issues is between the STV and the DVDBurner which I think are all fixed now and if not are easy to figure out now that we have the debug.txt file.

Really the only other issue I know of is with compression and I'll be starting to look at that tonight. If you don't plan on using compression it's a no brainer.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Carlo,

Can you take a quick look at this log file and tell me if this is STV related, or if you know what is causing it. Some of the errors I get after hitting Stop while playing a show.
I took a look but I didn't see anything that stood out to me as being caused by the STV. I'm not saying it isn't however. Matter of fact I'd proably say it is caused by the STV. However, not everything you see is a problem. Right now you're running a beta release of SageTV which logs everything.

Besides seeing this in the log, are you experiencing a problem also?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, the ones mentioned earlier. Sluggish performance in the menus, especially after Stopping a video (also noticed the CPU goes to 100% for up to a minute after stopping). What about all of those object not found errors...
Old 01-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I have just uploaded Cayars18TestB.zip for the VIP members.

Same place as usual, just change the name and the URL/name is case sensitive.
Don't know if I did something boneheaded or not but after installing 18B it seems that the system info still says 18A. I'm assuming that was just an oversight (I always forget to increment the version number) but the VBR stuff still appears to be in the plugins directory.

One other note, and this is not really important at all, but when you enable the xcard plugin Sage immediately fixes the UI size to the osd_rendering_width/height. If you are in full screen mode when you do it (which you can't get into after you enable it) you have some pretty interesting side effects. All the fonts are calculated for windowed mode but you are still in fullscreen mode. *shrug* Like I said, not a big deal. If you switched into windowed mode when you enabled the plugin it would be a pretty good fix.

t
Old 01-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
Don't know if I did something boneheaded or not but after installing 18B it seems that the system info still says 18A. I'm assuming that was just an oversight (I always forget to increment the version number) but the VBR stuff still appears to be in the plugins directory.

One other note, and this is not really important at all, but when you enable the xcard plugin Sage immediately fixes the UI size to the osd_rendering_width/height. If you are in full screen mode when you do it (which you can't get into after you enable it) you have some pretty interesting side effects. All the fonts are calculated for windowed mode but you are still in fullscreen mode. *shrug* Like I said, not a big deal. If you switched into windowed mode when you enabled the plugin it would be a pretty good fix.

t
Based on what you just said you're not running B as the VBR stuff is not there. Try changing the STV again.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, something I noticed in 18A was when selecting the audio track in a DVD the choices are garbled. It looks like some of the choices may be on top of one another.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, the ones mentioned earlier. Sluggish performance in the menus, especially after Stopping a video (also noticed the CPU goes to 100% for up to a minute after stopping). What about all of those object not found errors...
I just ran through a couple of tests and don't see any errors like that. What I do see that matches the amount of calls being made are lookups for the IconBar which require and access calls.

You could try to disable the IconBar and see what happens.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Sage Expert

OSD missing icons.

New OSD is not showing the RW, PAUSE and FF icons next to the time bar. Is this a known issue or is it me?

(it has not been there since v16 on my pc, but I did not notice it was missing until I saw your screen shots.)

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,

Jeff has recommended installing Java 1.5 to, perhaps, solve the video stuttering problem. Before I install, do you anticipate any problems running 1.5 with your STV?

I'll post the same question to salsblst becuase of WRS.

Stacy
Old 01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I just ran through a couple of tests and don't see any errors like that. What I do see that matches the amount of calls being made are lookups for the IconBar which require and access calls.

You could try to disable the IconBar and see what happens.
OK, thanks. Also, can the new STOP functionality be disabled? I would like to try that as well since I know that was changed recently (I think by TOXMOX).
Old 01-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo, something I noticed in 18A was when selecting the audio track in a DVD the choices are garbled. It looks like some of the choices may be on top of one another.
Got it. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
New OSD is not showing the RW, PAUSE and FF icons next to the time bar. Is this a known issue or is it me?

(it has not been there since v16 on my pc, but I did not notice it was missing until I saw your screen shots.)
No, it should look just like the screen shot.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, thanks. Also, can the new STOP functionality be disabled? I would like to try that as well since I know that was changed recently (I think by TOXMOX).
No it's not configurable, But all it does is go "Back" or "Back" "Back". Sometime you have to go back twice.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

Jeff has recommended installing Java 1.5 to, perhaps, solve the video stuttering problem. Before I install, do you anticipate any problems running 1.5 with your STV?

I'll post the same question to salsblst becuase of WRS.

Stacy
No problem as I was running that. However uninstall all other version of Java first and then after installing JAVA you'll need to re-install the first zip file from post 1 in this thread.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

What outstanding features requests have you asked for that haven't been implemented?

I only have a couple on my list. I know there were a few and some of these aren't able to be done. I probably didn't communicate that so I'd like to build a fresh list and also address any that can't be done so you don't keep checking to see if it's there.

An example of one of the top of my head. 1/2 hour timeslots for Favorites. This can't be done. The core only supports 1 hour timeslots.

Carlo
Old 01-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Small current weather conditions on main screen.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Comskip still won't auto-process Archives

As the title indicates comskip auto-processing Archives still a nogo. No a big deal but I'm trying to make it work because it's supposed to!

What I've tried recently through minutes ago:
1) Yesterday was at v17A. Would auto-process man' & fav' records but not arch'. Settings: background processing enabled, all file types enabled, not when recording, not when awake. Changed to when awake instead of just when sleeping, no change.

Installed v18A, got worse, now wouldn't auto-process anything!

Renamed Sage dir, uninstalled Java, reinstalled Java, reinstalled Client 2.1.10, unzipped/installed JavaR1, unzipped/installed CoreR2, unzipped installed v17A. Tested, man & fav auto-process ok, archives nogo.

2) Today. Installed v17 release over v17a. Still the same: man & fav auto-process ok, archives won't.

Renamed Sage dir, reinstalled Client 2.1.10, unzipped/installed CoreR2, unzipped/installed V17 release. Tested, man' auto-process ok, archives nogo. (no fav to test but if man' works fav' has always worked)

Unzipped/installed v18A over v17 release. Tested, man' auto-processes ok, archives nogo once again.

Renamed Sage dir, reinstalled Client 2.1.10, unzipped/installed CoreR2, unzipped/installed v18A. Tested, man' auto-process ok, archives still nogo. I quit for now...
Old 01-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have noticed with 16 and 17 it no longer auto skips commercials for imported files doen't show purple markings either. All of my imported files are sge recordings from before my wiz. bin messed up and they have already been processed by comskip. I know 15 did and also maldude 2 stv. does also Why the change or did you just miss itor is there a hidden setting that can enable this ? Thanks for the great stv and all the help.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

can anyone else check this out? I had no CS markings either. I went to look in the folders and all my txt files were gone. I did the New orphan remval thing so maybe that did it?
Old 01-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
Small current weather conditions on main screen.
Weather Panel is on my list. This is going to be a longer term item, may 2 or 3 releases out.