SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Maybe this is obvious.. but I want to be certain I understand this..

1) Comskip can use CC to help it determine when commercials are being played.. Right?
2) CC can only be embedded into the capture if the CCinDVD registry entry is modified.. Right?
3) CC can then only be captured within the video if the "Default" recording quality is one of the "DVD" types... Right?

Since I have not done anything to my registry and I record in "Great" quality mode... Am I correct to assume I am not getting the CC benefit for my Comskipping?

Thanks!
You are somewhat correct. By not doing anything to the registry or enabling the CC options in this STV then you won't benefit from comskip using CC. The CCinDVD only works for the 350s and the 250s but does work in Great mode.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
You are somewhat correct. By not doing anything to the registry or enabling the CC options in this STV then you won't benefit from comskip using CC. The CCinDVD only works for the 350s and the 250s but does work in Great mode.
Okay, then I'll make the registry entry modifications.. and I have already enabled the CC options in the STV.. and if I understand you correctly, the recordings do NOT have to be in DVD mode to use the CCinDVD registry modification? I only ask because of the following line in Cayars instructions for his stv..

"The recording quality used must be a DVD style profile and of course the show must actually have CC"

Thanks again!

Last edited by Stuntman; 01-19-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure about other quality modes but I'm sure "Great" quality will capture CC data since that is what I record at and my 250 records with CC data in the captures in Sage.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Sage User

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I did a search and see any comments regarding it.

Why aren't the extra ComSkip files deleted at the time the show is deleted? Is it something that is going to be added in future versions.

Thanks.

Robert.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
I don't know what you programmed your remote to do, exactly, but your post inspired me to write a little batch file to handle this job. I added it to my Information/Other menu in Cayars.

The file "restart.bat" contains the following:

TASKKILL /F /IM SageTVClient.exe /T
TASKKILL /F /IM comskip.exe /T
START C:\StartMVPClient.lnk
exit
How do you add a Information/Other menu?

Also, here is the line that I added to my irremote.ini. It forces the Blue Button to close sage and start it back up (only works when ComSkip is not running).

[SageTV]
BLUE={alt}{f4}{sleep(5000)}{run("C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\SageTV.exe")}

Robert.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I went back and looked at your previous message before posting this. Do me a favor and install version 17 of the STV. Then install the DVDBurner files in this directory: \SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars\External\DVDBurner

You can download the DVDBurner version "F" from the "DVDBurner" thread. You can check the first message of this thread (at top) for the d/l location. This is a seperate step needed right now as the DVDBurner is still in testing.

Report back your findings after upgrading to the newest files.
OK. Updated to 17 and DVDBurner (F). Still get the "DVD Burner Failed" error imediately after choosing "Burn DVD". No Debug.txt file to be found.

Robert.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here's a questions for someone (Cayars maybe?)

It appears that at each 1/2 hour interval (say 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, etc.) if I am watching TV, the picture pauses for a spit second. Does this have something to do with the EPG moving to the next time step? I have not noticed if this is being recorded with the pause or not. It's a bit of a bother. As I recall, it also happens if you are watching a prerecorded show and the ACTUAL time is on the 1/2 hour (current time, not time withing the show)....did I explain that OK?

Well, does anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
I'm going to test this again. I wonder if there's an easy way to determine if an Xcard is present in the system, anyone know?
I'm planning on adding some methods to the function along the lines of numXCards(), xcardName(int)... the point being to allow selection of an xcard if you have more than one in the box. This obviously hasn't been a very high priority but I can knock them out pretty quickly if it will help you.

t
Old 01-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Old issue from v16, still in v17:

* When using the OEM style TV guide (or bringing up any menu that has transparency) AND while using "video background" option, the transparency shading changes from a semi-transparent color to a bunch of what appears to be tiny vertical lines filling the boxed area. In fact the entire "overlay" looks rather crappy and not as clear to read. I back to v16 same thing. Back to 14...problem fixed. ??? I tried adjusting the size and position of the menu as well as reset to factory defaults and still the same thing.
I never run in this mode so I'll do a little testing and fix what I find.
Quote:
New issues with V17:

*I was looking through the detailed setup menu and saw that my "3D" option was set to DISABLE. I tried to "enable" it, and it will not switch over, in fact it locked my PC for a bit. I thought I should be able to enable this (I think I have in the past, my video card should be adequet. (ATI AIW 9600XT) I rebooted and checked again, same thing.
Did you by chance also just upgrade from 2.1 recently? The 3D thing is well know for the upgrades. 3D will not enable now unless you have DirectX9c installed. This is a SageTV thing and not my STV.
Quote:
*This one scared the pee-pee out of me, and I can't seem to find the cause. (but it's only on v17) I installed V17, as I always have. (Just the stv and the corefiles). and as long as I'm using a MENU, example the LIVE TV GUIDE, or have the MAIN MENU on screen or even the OSD, I have video. As soon as I select a channel or the OSD times out, my video BLACKS OUT!!! I still get sound. I re-start the OSD or MENU and the video re-appears BUT it only appears WITHIN THE AREA OF THE OSD OR MENU, NO WHERE ELSE! Example, if I press the pause button and the OSD pops up, the video will be located only in the area occupied by the OSD, the center part is still BLACK.
It still does it once in while, but not every time.

I hope this makes sense, and if these are issues, I hope you can address them.
I've had something similar to this happen a couple of times and so have a few other users. The fix is to re-install SageTV using the "repair" option. It will overwrite the program files and re-register codex and stuff. You data is not at risk but as always, it's not a bad idea to make a copy of your wiz.bin and property files first!
Quote:
COMMENTS:

Also...below the selection of STV, there is a 'REMOVE" selection. What is this for and how does it work?
Actually it should say REMOVED and it's just that. I removed the ability to import stv import plugins because people were trying to import things that are already in the STV and were breaking things. There are no imports available at the moment that aren't in the STV.
Quote:
How do I make the colors on the Live TV GUIDE less transparent? Seems like I recall the sports was green, movies were aa redish color, etc.....what are the new colors and how come they are so transparent I can barely see them? It this something that can be changed or addressed?
It looks good if you're not using background video. I'll take a look and see what it looks like with background video running.
Quote:
FINALLY, I read in post 2394 you were going to remove COMM SKIP in a future STV!!!!!!! WHY???????? When it works, it makes watching TV so much better! (works 75% of the time, and on background mode. It fails 90% of the time if I enable it while watching the video to be processed.)
Already covered a few messages up from here.

Carlo
Old 01-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
I am sure this has been brought up before, but I did a search and see any comments regarding it.

Why aren't the extra ComSkip files deleted at the time the show is deleted? Is it something that is going to be added in future versions.

Thanks.

Robert.
It depends on how the shows are deleted. If you manually delete them I also delete the support files. If SageTV deletes them, then they do not get deleted. I have no ability to "hook" to internal process so there isn't much I can do about that.

However there is a module in the STV you can run from time to time to clear these out for you. Check out the menu under Setup/Apps->Applications.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
OK. Updated to 17 and DVDBurner (F). Still get the "DVD Burner Failed" error imediately after choosing "Burn DVD". No Debug.txt file to be found.

Robert.
It looks like something isn't installed right. Drop to a command/window and navigate to the SageTV directory. Issue the command:

dir /s > dir.txt

then zip this up and attach it to a message and let me take a look at it.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
I'm planning on adding some methods to the function along the lines of numXCards(), xcardName(int)... the point being to allow selection of an xcard if you have more than one in the box. This obviously hasn't been a very high priority but I can knock them out pretty quickly if it will help you.

t
Would be usefull!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage Expert

i haven't tested it much but I think I am getting some Comskip errors

-After I do a real time commercial detect, I can't get the new information to reload. I have to stop the show to reload ti

-My shows dont' seem to be getting comskipped anymore. Usually if I leave it sleeping overnight, everything will be comskipped the next morning.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
It looks like something isn't installed right. Drop to a command/window and navigate to the SageTV directory. Issue the command:

dir /s > dir.txt

then zip this up and attach it to a message and let me take a look at it.
Here ya go. Thanks for the help.

Robert.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dir.txt (53.3 KB, 486 views)
Old 01-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Robert, your directories look good. What version of the Net Framework do you have installed?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to LegolasX21E Send a message via Yahoo to LegolasX21E
After I upgraded to Cayars 17, I redid the weatherconfig.xml file to match my location, but now I get a faild to retrive data message when opening local weather. How can I fix this?

~Legolas~
Old 01-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Robert, your directories look good. What version of the Net Framework do you have installed?
Sorry, but where would I find that information?

Robert.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
After I upgraded to Cayars 17, I redid the weatherconfig.xml file to match my location, but now I get a faild to retrive data message when opening local weather. How can I fix this?
post your weatherconfig.xml file. I think you have to add a .txt to the end of it to add it as an attachment
Old 01-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert
Sorry, but where would I find that information?
Go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs

Scroll down to Microsoft NET and it should have a 1.1 (or other version number) next to it.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs

Scroll down to Microsoft NET and it should have a 1.1 (or other version number) next to it.
I don't have Microsoft NET listed in my Add/Remove Programs. Could this be the problem? Where to I get it?

Robert.