SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Carlo,
Don't do much posting. Just wanted to say keep up the truly awesome work your doing. I was waiting till the right time and it's now here Just went to your donations page and my bucks are on the way!!!

Thanks,
Tony
Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
haha..I just finished looking at all your updated ss's and was just going to go comment on the robo spanker and saw this post. lol is all i can do

Im glad to see that you spiced it up a little bit. btw, did you know that Howard is going to do video on siri as well?
I don't listen to him to much these days on the air as I'm not in my car for the "usual 1.5 hour" drive to work. But I love the E channel show. I wish he would move the show to HBO or other premium channel. It would make the show so much better to watch!

Since, it's my thread i feel like a little "thread drift" is in order. Tell me more about the video on siri. I didn't even know video is an option. I guess I need to get my head out of the sand.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony414
Hey Carlo,
Don't do much posting. Just wanted to say keep up the truly awesome work your doing. I was waiting till the right time and it's now here Just went to your donations page and my bucks are on the way!!!

Thanks,
Tony
Wow, post #1. I'm flattered. Thank you very much and enjoy!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Did you have that bookmarked for just such an occasion?
heh -- nah, actually, I had to remember just where I had seen that & go looking for it. The old joke that goes along with it is why I remembered it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Added support to Close the Xcard OSD when launching external players and opening it afterwards.
Cool! Looks like it might be time for me to buy an XCard!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

weeeeellll....So Howard has signed with Sirius for next year (Jan something I think). Microsoft has signed with Sirius to provide (at first) video content to cars (can anyone say accident!). Dish already has contract with SIRI and provides all SIRI programming for free (10 million +) At first, its supposed to be kids video programming (hmm...Bill Gates early recruitment?). Howard has already slipped and stated that one of the reasons why he signed was for the video programming..

so....if you were like me (got in at $1.96 a share) your a happy camper next year .

Buy while you can!
Quote:
I don't listen to him to much these days on the air as I'm not in my car for the "usual 1.5 hour" drive to work. But I love the E channel show. I wish he would move the show to HBO or other premium channel. It would make the show so much better to watch!

Since, it's my thread i feel like a little "thread drift" is in order. Tell me more about the video on siri. I didn't even know video is an option. I guess I need to get my head out of the sand.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Sage Expert

Stupid new question:

There has been discussion about ripping DVD's here. Will v.17 rip a dvd to a hard drive and save it as a playable file? I have a DVD player on my system, but not a DVD burner, I'd like to keep a few "choice" video's on the drive. If so, whats the best way/ format to use and is it native to SAGE TV or the STV? (Don't tell me DiVX is best, but I have to load a bunch of crap in and set up a ton of stuff) (I'm installing a second 200GB HD this weekend, so will have the room)

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Cool! Looks like it might be time for me to buy an XCard!
Remember to say "Thanks Thomas" if you get the XCard.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Carlo, here's a quick (I think) feature request. For the ignored channels in the External=>Comskip settings can you add the option to list a block of channels? I have a lot of Movie channels that I want to exclude and the channel numbers happen to be back to back, so can you add the option to exclude like 200-210, 215-222, 308, 370. Right now you have to type in each channel separated by commas.

Also, if I remember it righ I think the Movie Channel listing in Detailed setup is the same.
Talk about your lazy SageTV operator.
Actually isn't the whole premise of your STV - and SAGETV for that matter - that we have all become lazy?

Too lazy to be changing video tapes.
Too lazy to program a VCR.
Too lazy to search through the TV Guide for things we want to record.
Too lazy to press the skip button when a commercial comes on.
Too lazy to edit the sage.properties file.
Too lazy to burn a DVD outside of SAGE.
Too lazy to click through a couple more screens to delete a show.
Too lazy to manually delete partial recordings and orphan files.
Too lazy to keep typing this list.
Ahh, but I digress... The point is, if we all weren't a little lazy we wouldn't be using this software/STV at all!

Seriously though, I got off my a** last night and started to type in all of the channels that I wanted to exclude and soon found out that the list only lets you type about 20 entries before you see "..." and the list goes off the page. This makes it impossible to see what you are doing. So I guess there's another reason, besides being lazy, for me to request this.

Did I mention that I was a VIP member.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
I just installed this STV today to try to do DVD Burning. I installed VideoReDo and input my Trial Key and installed DVD Decrypter. I have added one show to my DVD List and tried to do a burn, but I keep getting an error, "DVD Burner Failed".

What am I doing wrong, or what haven't I setup correctly.

Thanks.
I still haven't got a response to this message. Will version 16 Burn Disks? When I try, I imediately get a "DVD Burner Failed" message. Any ideas.

Thanks again.

Robert
Old 01-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Directions?

Hi,
Does anyone have a good set of direction I can follow on making sure the DVDBurner get's installed properly? Or anything I have to watch out for? I'm loading my system from scratch, AGAIN! I would really appreciate it

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
There has been discussion about ripping DVD's here. Will v.17 rip a dvd to a hard drive and save it as a playable file? I have a DVD player on my system, but not a DVD burner, I'd like to keep a few "choice" video's on the drive. If so, whats the best way/ format to use and is it native to SAGE TV or the STV? (Don't tell me DiVX is best, but I have to load a bunch of crap in and set up a ton of stuff) (I'm installing a second 200GB HD this weekend, so will have the room)
Yes it will. Check out the file DVDrip.cmd in your "External" directory. Edit this to use your DVD drive letter and select the type of "rip" you want to do. Save the file and then you can fire this off from the Applications menu in the STV.

This will create a "DVD" on disk. So make sure to change the Ripped directory to someplace already in your IMPORTED LIBRARY directory.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Sage Expert

You know what would be cool?? I just "upgraded" my DirecTivo to version 4.x with folders. All of the Tivo Suggestions go into their own folder, keeping my Season Passes (favorites) and manual recordings list nice and clean. An option to place all IR recordings into their own separate folder would be very nice.

If you can already do this, I appologize for wasting 10 seconds of your life... Please waste 10 more and point me in the direction of how to do this.

Thanks.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Actually isn't the whole premise of your STV - and SAGETV for that matter - that we have all become lazy?
<snip>

Too lazy to be changing video tapes.
Too lazy to program a VCR.
Too lazy to search through the TV Guide for things we want to record.
Too lazy to press the skip button when a commercial comes on.
Too lazy to edit the sage.properties file.
Too lazy to burn a DVD outside of SAGE.
Too lazy to click through a couple more screens to delete a show.
Too lazy to manually delete partial recordings and orphan files.
Too lazy to keep typing this list.
Ahh, but I digress... The point is, if we all weren't a little lazy we wouldn't be using this software/STV at all!
Not to lazy to upgrade that STV however.
Quote:
Seriously though, I got off my a** last night and started to type in all of the channels that I wanted to exclude and soon found out that the list only lets you type about 20 entries before you see "..." and the list goes off the page. This makes it impossible to see what you are doing. So I guess there's another reason, besides being lazy, for me to request this.
OK got you covered, try this, shutdown sagetv. Open notepad, select your property file. Look for line ...
Quote:
Did I mention that I was a VIP member.
Yes, but that's like being on the "honor roll" when you really need to be on the "Dean's List".
Old 01-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
You know what would be cool?? I just "upgraded" my DirecTivo to version 4.x with folders. All of the Tivo Suggestions go into their own folder, keeping my Season Passes (favorites) and manual recordings list nice and clean. An option to place all IR recordings into their own separate folder would be very nice.

If you can already do this, I appologize for wasting 10 seconds of your life... Please waste 10 more and point me in the direction of how to do this.

Thanks.
Right now I don't have any control over any of this so it can't be done. Maybe in the future as I keep asking for this type of functionality.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
This will create a "DVD" on disk. So make sure to change the Ripped directory to someplace already in your IMPORTED LIBRARY directory.
This doesn't by chance have an option of converting the DVD audio to MP3 does it? I use a Media MVP on one of my TV's and as I recall the DVD audio needs to be in MP3 format.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
I still haven't got a response to this message. Will version 16 Burn Disks? When I try, I imediately get a "DVD Burner Failed" message. Any ideas.

Thanks again.

Robert
Look in the External directory and copy/attach your debug.txt file.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
This doesn't by chance have an option of converting the DVD audio to MP3 does it? I use a Media MVP on one of my TV's and as I recall the DVD audio needs to be in MP3 format.
Not yet but it's only a few items down on my todo list. This will use some of the techniques learned from doing the DVD Burner. I suspect there "might" be sync issues depending on the programs used to demux things.

But, let's wait and see what happens when I put the app together.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Not to lazy to upgrade that STV however.

OK got you covered, try this, shutdown sagetv. Open notepad, select your property file. Look for line ...

Yes, but that's like being on the "honor roll" when you really need to be on the "Dean's List".
Sounds like you took offense to my ranting. Sorry if you did. Didn't know that the ignored channels for commercial skipping was in the sage.property file. If that's where it is then it should be easy enough for me to edit.

By the way, I was not calling you lazy or minimizing your work here either. I was just pointing out that the features that are implemented are just as lazy as the one I am requesting. You have worked very hard to get this STV where it is, and I appreciate that very much.

You should take every request for what it is - just a request.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

hey what's up
man I do not remember all the boobie girls in the screen shots before

LMAO

so anyways can we get like a feature request or something by donating(you probably know what I want)?
cause currently I am not using your STV
(would be happy to donate anyways-I will get to it soon)

just wondering