SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

jzaman....

thanks for the reply. I have selected fullscreen in the PowerDVD setup. When the program starts, I get the "main menu" if you will, which shows in a windowed view. Once I press play, the screen changes to a fullscreen view. I was hoping that this would start in fullscreen when selected from Sage. That way the viewer is not looking at the desktop.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I have a problem I just installed beta 2.223 first I lost my recorded show only show in import now nothing I can do about that but I installed cayars 16 and evertime I highlight something it overlays onto the list thing like in the guise it puts the new show info over old show info can't read anything. is this stv campatable with th new beta or did I do something wrong?
Old 01-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

How do I get Commskip to work, I tried enabling everything I could find that seems related an dI can't figure it out.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones71
Ok I have a problem I just installed beta 2.223 first I lost my recorded show only show in import now nothing I can do about that but I installed cayars 16 and evertime I highlight something it overlays onto the list thing like in the guise it puts the new show info over old show info can't read anything. is this stv campatable with th new beta or did I do something wrong?
This happens if you lose you background graphic. You need to reset it in Detailed Setup or in the properties file with sage not running.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Sage User

I am recording with the Plextor ConvertX PX-TV402U, and I'd like to use the Divx recording option. I know (from searching the forums) that SageTV first encodes the recordings with an MPEG-2 wrapper (with an .mpg extension). Then later (not sure when, maybe when it's idle/not recording) SageTV will strip that wrapper and save the file with a .avi extension.

The initial .mpg file doesn't seem to be playable in anything but SageTV.

Anyway, two questions that I have:

1. Does your release 16 STV support this conversion process (I'm not sure if it's dependent on something in the STV, or if it's core to SageTV)?

2. Will it convert files to .avi that weren't yet converted when switching from the Original STV?

Thanks for your time, and the great work on this STV.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

The wrapper is only for timeshifting reasons.

It is Core related. I have the Plextor too and I have turned off the wrapper. When I record to Divx it records directly to .avi extension. It is a setting somewhere in the properties file.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Thanks dvd_maniac, that put me on the right track - and for anyone else, the setting is found on page 178 of the SageTV V2 Users Manual, under SageTV Properties settings:
Code:
mmc/enable_mpeg4_timeshifting
set to true to enable timeshifting while recording MPEG4/DivX files. If disabled, MPEG4/DivX recordings will be saved directly into .AVI files.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
jzaman....

thanks for the reply. I have selected fullscreen in the PowerDVD setup. When the program starts, I get the "main menu" if you will, which shows in a windowed view. Once I press play, the screen changes to a fullscreen view. I was hoping that this would start in fullscreen when selected from Sage. That way the viewer is not looking at the desktop.

And you have the %1 command line option at the end of the command?

"c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdvd\powerdvd.exe" %1

This should execute powerdvd and then play the movie you selected based on your settings. You shouldn't need to press play with the %1 since it supplies the powerdvd program with the video to be played. Strange.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Trouble with STV

Carlo,

My Sage is running like mollasses in January in Vermont. Video freezes all the time.... it can take 15-20 seconds for the UI to respond to a command, atc.

I assumed it was something funky in 2.2.3. I sent my log file to Jeff and he says it is STV related according to my log file, which I sent him. I have recently switched back to 2.2.2 and for a very very short time it worked better now its as bad as ever.

Assuming this is STV related (and I use Cayars 16), Below is an except. My log file is 27MB!!! The snippet you're seeing repeats over and over and over and over. Any idea what it is????

Thanks,

Stacy

Sun 1/16 16:00:18.945 Received command of:NOOP from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.102,port=4409,localport=42024]
Sun 1/16 16:00:20.096 Received command of:NOOP from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.110,port=1105,localport=42024]
Sun 1/16 16:00:21.097 Received command of:ACTION IsFilePath 1 from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.110,port=1107,localport=42024]
Sun 1/16 16:00:21.097 ReadObjectFromStream=H:\SageTV Recordings\BattlestarGalactica-33Water-4358925-0.txt
Sun 1/16 16:00:21.099 Received command of:ACTION IsFilePath 1 from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.110,port=1107,localport=42024]
Sun 1/16 16:00:21.100 ReadObjectFromStream=H:\SageTV Recordings\BattlestarGalactica-33Water-4358925-0.txt
<snip>

Last edited by srothwell; 01-16-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

As I was waiting for a reply to my last message, Sage Server froze-up and the client PC's said they loast connections and here is a snippet from the log file:

Any ideas? I'm about ready to re-format the damn PC

Sun 1/16 16:24:28.706 Error with c/s comm:java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
Sun 1/16 16:24:28.780 NetworkManager CommunicationFailure : /192.168.1.110:1104 type=4
Sun 1/16 16:24:28.780 NetworkManager CommunicationFailure : /192.168.1.102:4406 type=2
<snip>
Old 01-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Sage Icon

Well, to me it appears as if this is running on a Client and the client is trying to communcate with a server and it's having a problem. It keeps re-trying to get some information on a show and then gives up with a cummunications error.

Here is what I'd suggest you do Stacy. Switch back to the OriginalV2 stv and see if you have an issue like this again. Once you do then send that part of the log to Jeff.

What I can tell you is that when this type of error happens you will get much, much more info in the log file during a communcation failure, since the STV does so much more.

Much of what you're showing in the log file isn't errors but lookups on different shows.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

Version 17 Test/Beta Release B

I have just uploaded Version17TestB. For all VIP Donators it is available for download. Please refer to the original email/pm you received. Please use the same URL but change the file name to Cayars17TestB.zip (case sensitive) for the new test release.

If you have any problems downloading this file please send me a PM.

This release includes a few fixes as well as a new module "Delete Non-Completed ComSkip Files" which can be found in the "Applications" menu. This can be used to remove comskip files for any show/movie that had a problem while running comskip on. This will allow Comskip to run again on that file.

This release has a new menu file, but the only change is the addition of the menu item mentioned above.

Let me know what issues you find with this new release.

Carlo
Old 01-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

DVDBurner Test Version F

The newest version of the DVDBurner has been uploaded to the DVDBurner thread. It is not included in the CayarsTestB build above and will need to be downloaded seperately if you plan to use the DVD Burning features.

Here is a link to the DVDBurner download.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...6&postcount=75
Old 01-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
This release includes a few fixes as well as a new module "Delete Non-Completed ComSkip Files" which can be found in the "Applications" menu. This can be used to remove comskip files for any show/movie that had a problem while running comskip on. This will allow Comskip to run again on that file.
When I tried the new feature I get the following error:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen "Delete Bad ComSkip Files SHORTCUT by Cayars"
Old 01-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Sage User

Srothwell,
At times, my Sage will perform much like you described... I have not looked at the log files. A couple of questions: Are you running Sage as a service? If so, using task manager can you identify what PCU usage SageTV.exe and SageTVService.exe are using?
Using Cayars I find that if I have a recording schedule conflict... (Particularly like I have chosen to record a show which conlficts with a favorite and therefore does not warn me of the conflict) it causes 100% CPU consumption by Sage. This makes everything run at a snails pace.

This also can occur when there are orphan files present and Sage goes looking at the directories. Use the Delete Orphan Files and the Delete Partial Files in the Maintenance portion of Utilities/Setup.

Alternatively, I have found this occurring when cpu usage is at 0%. I can only surmise that Sage loses its priority settings with the operating system and everything else comes first.

I find that closing Sage and Sage Service, then retarting the SageTVservice and then SageTV will remedy the problem.

I hope you resolve this problem.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
When I tried the new feature I get the following error:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen "Delete Bad ComSkip Files SHORTCUT by Cayars"
Sounds like you have the new menu but are still running the old STV. Please try and re-load the STV again.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Sounds like you have the new menu but are still running the old STV. Please try and re-load the STV again.
That didn't appear to fix it... I re-extracted the files just to make sure and that didn't fix it either... triple checked and it is using 17B...
Old 01-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwaugh
Srothwell,
Using Cayars I find that if I have a recording schedule conflict... (Particularly like I have chosen to record a show which conlficts with a favorite and therefore does not warn me of the conflict) it causes 100% CPU consumption by Sage. This makes everything run at a snails pace.

I find that closing Sage and Sage Service, then retarting the SageTVservice and then SageTV will remedy the problem.

I hope you resolve this problem.
Interesting direction to go regarding the conflicting recordings.

I did have a conflicting recording at the time(s) sage was very sluggish. However, I had moved to OriginalV2 and it was still sluggish. However, maybe the damage was donw and the conflict needed resolution, no matter waht STV was being used.

I've also tried shutting down Sage (I don't run as a service because of perfomance issues), but it wouldn't stop all the stuttering of video.

I'll keep an eye on it and maybe tomorrow force a conflict to see if that makes Sage throw a tantrum.

PS: Why do you say it's only Cayars STV that seems to have this problem?

Stacy
Old 01-17-2005, 04:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

17B Failed to load SageMenuReader class

I have re-installed core files and 17B and still get this error when Sage starts up.

thanx in advance -gary-
Old 01-17-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

glbrown, do you have the dot NET framework installed? Have you made any updates to Java (new version). Do you have JAVA set to autoupdate which might have installed a new version?