SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Sage Expert

yes
Old 01-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

It's nice having someone else ask these questions for me.

Just so you guys know, the code only has about 10% of the catch/try logic in it that it will need. This is still more of a prototype as far as debugging goes. But if it does work on your system, then it will normally work well.

Later tonight I'm going to go through and add as many of the proper checks that I can and get a build up. At least this way you should get a popup with a displayed error message so we know what caused the problem.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Carlo, what are the chances of getting show/program art like Lauren had in her STV?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

abasu, sorry I'm not much help. Have you tried turning off compression, and changing the Temp directory to something like C:\Temp (you might need to create this directory). Also, are you sure the drive you are using has enough space to process the files?

Sorry, I'm grasping at straws and trying to remember what I did to fix it.

Did you download the beta version of Video Redo from the discussion boards? I think the correct version ends in like .302 or something, it was posted a few pages back.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Hey Carlo, what are the chances of getting show/program art like Lauren had in her STV?
Not very.

I didn't like it too much.

I will however, take a second look at it, just to keep an open mind. I guess if the programming isn't to bad I could squeak it in.

So Maybe
Old 01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Sage Expert

turning off compression does not change anything.
turning off turbo drive mode does not change anything.
changing the directories does not change anything.
i ran out the license on video redo so am not using that

there has to be some other factor not already mentioned that is causing the problems.

-for one thing, has anybody gotten it to work using mpgtx and not video redo for demuxing?
-Also, on this new build, it says muxing, not Demuxing as the first step. any idea why?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I didn't like it too much.
Well, I only briefly looked at it in the screenshots of the post, and I also though it looked a little clunky, but what about just adding it in place of the folder icon or something like that?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
release 17 - shortcut to TV Recordings fix ?

Carlo
In your post about what was fixed in 17a, I didn't see the fix for the "tv recordings" shortcut not working when you're watching something - it only works if you're already in the menu. [I know the bug's been posted before, I just didn't see it in your list]

Thanks for all your great work!
Adam
Old 01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

i can confirm that the shortcut is NOT fixed in the beta
Old 01-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question

Is Microsoft ".NET" used or required for any of the functions of this STV?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
turning off compression does not change anything.
turning off turbo drive mode does not change anything.
changing the directories does not change anything.
i ran out the license on video redo so am not using that

there has to be some other factor not already mentioned that is causing the problems.

-for one thing, has anybody gotten it to work using mpgtx and not video redo for demuxing?
-Also, on this new build, it says muxing, not Demuxing as the first step. any idea why?
Have you tried to reboot?
Just kidding, sorry I couldn't help. I'll try to see if I can make it fail again tonight and then make a note of what I did to fix it.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Expert

Unhappy

Quote:
Correct & Correct.

I figure if I keep the next version in beta for about 6 months I'll have a lot of people on the VIP list.

You know of course I'm kidding about this part.

Not to complain, but this just don't seem right. If I'm correct, I found at least 2 of those bugs on your list, and sent you pics of them. Because I haven't donated yet (YET is a big word here, I have been considering it deeply, cause I really do appreciate you work "for me") I will be un able to correct those unless I use an older version of your STV.

Sounds a bit like studio revisited.

How much time do you feel proper before us regular "towns folk" get it?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Sage Expert

think about it like this:

when mlbdude or even carlo use to release versions, it was only once every 4 to 5 weeks. now, it just reverts back to that system unless you donate. i think its fair to make the product free and make people pay for the immediacy of it.

and i'd hold off judgement until we see how long it takes Cayars to release a final version.

and even still,
identifying bugs doesn't put food on the table. i can have sympathy for the fact that carlo is working on it full-time, or close to full time and needs to spin this into a living.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
think about it like this:

when mlbdude or even carlo use to release versions, it was only once every 4 to 5 weeks. now, it just reverts back to that system unless you donate. i think its fair to make the product free and make people pay for the immediacy of it.

and i'd hold off judgement until we see how long it takes Cayars to release a final version.

and even still,
identifying bugs doesn't put food on the table. i can have sympathy for the fact that carlo is working on it full-time, or close to full time and needs to spin this into a living.
Oh, I agree, its just a part of me also says, "these things bugged me" I reported it, now I cant enjoy the fix. I still feel some resentment from Frey promising us studio, then never delivering, all the while using us as test users to improve thier software.

I know I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but Cayars kinda let me down when he started the VIP thing with priority. Almost like he was/is taking advantage of the fact HE IS THE MAN and we need his STV. I always thought he did this for us all out of the kindness of his heart. Now it's seems to be turning slowing into a $$$$ thing. Those willing to pay, will get to play.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know why you are getting bent out of shape on this. Carlo is only referring to the test releases will go to the VIPs first. These tend to be somewhat buggy releases that get created rather frequently not too long before he plans on having a release version (ie 14, 15, 16 etc.) There wasn't a huge wait between those and originally he didn't release test code versions anyways so what is the big deal? If you aren't a VIP then you have to wait for the regular release which has generally been much more bug free and ready for the public than the TestCode releases have been.

Please don't compare this to Studio as there have already been 16 releases of this vs 0 for Studio and let's not let this thread get ruined. Carlo doesn't owe us anything. He is doing this on his personal time to give us a great custom STV. He is simply giving a bonus/incentive to those who donate $25 or more. The people that don't donate just have to wait a little longer.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

As far as only giving to VIP members, You have to give it to someone to test. So it's either by comittee (which people would feel left out), give to everyone (which would give Cayar's a headache trying to keep up with all the bug posts) or give it to the people that GIVE TO IT. Without donations Carlo might just wake up one day and say "Screw this &^$%" and then where would we be. I for one think it is not only fair, it is the most logical way to test new versions. Posting bugs is contributing, but it doesn't put food on his table.

@Cayars.

BTW, I just wanted to let you know I did a "fresh" install of Sage 2.2 and I am still not able to open LiveTV from guide with external player & non-native file enabled... Did you have a chance to look into this. At this point I would like to know if this is just me, or is it something in the STV?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberson
Carlo
In your post about what was fixed in 17a, I didn't see the fix for the "tv recordings" shortcut not working when you're watching something - it only works if you're already in the menu. [I know the bug's been posted before, I just didn't see it in your list]

Thanks for all your great work!
Adam
I'm being a little dense on this. Which item is this?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Is Microsoft ".NET" used or required for any of the functions of this STV?
I think it might be used for a couple of things like weather, rss but I can't say for sure on those without doing a little checking.

It is used for the DVDBurner as this is an external program being called from the STV.

.NET is not needed for any of the core PVR functions.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm being a little dense on this. Which item is this?
I think he is talking about the event listeners that were blown out in 16 when in the mediaplayer OSD. Ie. Sage Recordings, schedule buttons on my remote don't do anything anymore in there and I think some others. And no they haven't been fixed.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think it might be used for a couple of things like weather, rss but I can't say for sure on those without doing a little checking.

It is used for the DVDBurner as this is an external program being called from the STV.

.NET is not needed for any of the core PVR functions.

Thanks for the answer Carlo,

I had removed .NET to try to isolate another problem and was getting the "Failed to initialize ..." problem from DVDBurner that was mentioned by duddar a couple of weeks ago.

Restoreing .NET seems to fix that problem so perhaps this will help someone else.

Lynn