SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

You mean you didn't get the e-mail yet?
I've been using 17 beta for like a half hour now!

Just kidding, I'm also patiently waiting...
Old 01-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
PS the wife conned me into watching some TV with her.
I didn't see her on the VIP list...
Old 01-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Sage Icon

Version 17 Test A

I just got done uploading it and I'll be sending emails out shortly. I'll write a message here when done so you can make sure you got the email and notify me if you didn't.

Here is the item list for 17 Test A:
  • Fixed PVR-350 End-of-File problem!
  • Added ability to add/remove some button types from Recording Detail Menus (Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Recording Detail Menus)
  • Added support for .CUE image types
  • Added the ability to have upper or lower case extensions for DVD Images: .iso, .ccd, .bwt, .mds, .cdi, .nrg, .pdi, .b5t, cue
  • Added a new option to Detailed Setup->External Setup->Use External Players for Non-Native File Types Only. (Enabled)
    Changed Default of both "External Video Player" and "External Music Player" to Enabled.
  • Changes functionalality of STOP command in OSD to go "Back" instead.
    Added "Archived" file types to Background Commercial Processing Recording Types.
  • Updated IMDB java files and STV code per Nielm's new release.
  • Fixed OSD Options Menu when watching a show - Everything is now centered properly.
  • Fixed Search text button sizes in Music Library on Album page.
  • Fixed background video issue in LiveTV Guide screen and other screens using the same theme.
  • Fixed issues with Mini Guide.
  • You can now add videos from Video Imports to the DVD Burn List.
  • Added filtering to Searches to filter out music and picture files (untested).
  • Added Custom Aspect Ratios for Video Files & DVD discs. These are now seperate aspect ratios!
  • Added Music Library Extensions to Detailed Setup->Multimedia
  • Added a new background graphic designed by ToxMox named Background1024c.png
  • Changed all option panels in Detailed Setup to use the proper color codes introduced in version 16.
  • Added a new Menu Bar graphic designed by ToxMox.
  • Modified DVDBurner to be much more CPU friendly.
  • Changed "DVD" sizing algorithms used internally in DVDBurner to calculate usable size of disc.
  • Added "Turbo Drive Mode" to DVDBurner to nearly double I/O performance. Requires use of second working directory on a second hard drive (see below).
  • Changed Working Directories a little bit and added a 2nd working directory that should only be used if you have a second drive that you can use as another working directory. The DVDBurner will read from one drive and write to the other increasing IO performance.
  • Added a new config option under Drive Options to set the "size" of your DVD writer. Also moved Drive letter assignment here.

I'll be releasing a new version of the DVDBurner.exe in a day or two. There are a few additions that I took out in order to test further before release.

Please post any issue/problems here in the thread.

NOTE: Beta/Test releases are available to all VIP Donators. See Donation link below.

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 01-11-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Sage Icon

All emails have now been sent out.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
All emails have now been sent out.
Got it, thanks! Fixin' to install and check it out on my workstation Client any second now... bye
Old 01-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Sage Expert

Had this problem when trying to use the DVD Manager. It has never worked for me but I think that was because I was using an older version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVDManagerproblem.JPG (85.0 KB, 243 views)
Old 01-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Sage Icon

OK. still not working correctly.

After I installed. LiveTV still does not work right. Now when I have external player enabled and I try to hit Watch it does nothing. If I disable for known file types it acts like before and tries to open livetv with external player. If I have external player disabled than I can not watch my mp4 files.

Is this a known bug, or is it just me?
Old 01-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Bug: v17testA Comskip not auto processing Archives

After updating to v17TestA, config'd comskip fav, man & arch and put to sleep. Processed the three shows recorded last night no problem but then just stopped. I added all files and put back to sleep. No go. Ok, I enabled while awake and let it sit there. Nada. Closed & re-opend Client, verified comskip settings, archives would not auto comskip. Rebooted Client. Still nada. (nothing scheduled to record for many hours.) Can manually start an archived show comskip fine, but not auto launching. (and of course there are a number of unprocessed shows in the archives.)
Did not reboot the Server, it's acting fine, tested playback etc. and of course manually start comskip of archived.(v2.1.10 in service mode)
Old 01-11-2005, 05:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Hey Carlo,

I know this was mentioned 100 or 200 posts back, but I'm putting in my .2C also. Can you give us another option for deleting files? Having to select one of 4 options all the time is slow and cumbersome. I'd really like to see the old Delete where is was simply a delete Yes/No confirmation. I was thinking that you could add into Detailed Setting a "Use Enhanced Delete - Enable/Disable" feature. Enabled would leave the 4 option Delete, Disabled will give the original Yes/No delete. I'm delete Happy

thx

David
No that's not what I'm talking about Carlo, please re-read my above post.

David
Old 01-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
After updating to v17TestA, config'd comskip fav, man & arch and put to sleep. Processed the three shows recorded last night no problem but then just stopped. I added all files and put back to sleep. No go. Ok, I enabled while awake and let it sit there. Nada. Closed & re-opend Client, verified comskip settings, archives would not auto comskip. Rebooted Client. Still nada. (nothing scheduled to record for many hours.) Can manually start an archived show comskip fine, but not auto launching. (and of course there are a number of unprocessed shows in the archives.)
Did not reboot the Server, it's acting fine, tested playback etc. and of course manually start comskip of archived.(v2.1.10 in service mode)
Try completely re-booting the machine. I've seen this happen to a couple of people and this was needed when they installed a new STV. Let me know if this helps.

Also note, after making a change, you might need to wait 15 minutes or so before you see it do it's thing.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
No that's not what I'm talking about Carlo, please re-read my above post.

David
I know what you mean now. I see what I can do to get this in "Test B". Should not be hard to do.

My biggest problem these days is figuring out where to put the config options in Detailed Setup.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Had this problem when trying to use the DVD Manager. It has never worked for me but I think that was because I was using an older version.
Until I release the next DVD Burner version with some debugging, verify that your working directory and other setting are correct. For example make sure you don't have any options set to use VideReDo unless you have that software on your computer.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
OK. still not working correctly.

After I installed. LiveTV still does not work right. Now when I have external player enabled and I try to hit Watch it does nothing. If I disable for known file types it acts like before and tries to open livetv with external player. If I have external player disabled than I can not watch my mp4 files.

Is this a known bug, or is it just me?
The settings for you should be to have both "External Video Player" & "Use External Player for Non-Native File Type Only" set to ENABLE.

If this is how you have it setup and LiveTV isn't working, try it with TV Recordings and Imported Videos and let me know if it is working correctly there. This will help me figure out the logic.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

everything else is working fine. Just LiveTV is not.
And yes this problem only happens when both are enabled. But when I have just external player enabled and not native types, then it puts Sage to sleep and does nothing.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
My biggest problem these days is figuring out where to put the config options in Detailed Setup.
I have noticed that the setup is getting rather full....

17A Working great for me.. No complaints.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
everything else is working fine. Just LiveTV is not.
And yes this problem only happens when both are enabled. But when I have just external player enabled and not native types, then it puts Sage to sleep and does nothing.
OK that gives me something to go on. Shouldn't be hard to figure this out.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
I have noticed that the setup is getting rather full....

17A Working great for me.. No complaints.
I really should add a new menu item on the left side in Detailed Setup BUT then you/we won't be able to scroll up once to get to the bottom of the list or scroll down once when at the bottom to get to the top. This is annoying and why I've tried to cram as much as possible in there.

Maybe it's time to bite the bullet on this one.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I was just thinking about your great work here, and the nature of donations. I realized that, had you charged initially or asked for donations prior to distributing your STV, I wouldn't have been interested. But your generosity and hard work without expectation of payment (for the good of the community) prompted me to donate (and many other folks as well, it looks like!). Several folks even had to encourage you to set up Paypal to accept donations!

So, I just wanted to say "thanks" for your willingness to work so hard on this just because it benefited Sage users (and probably was fun along the way!) rather than trying to make a buck first and foremost...don't lose that mentality! I'm always willing to support folks who are generous and selfless, and never those who are greedy and money grubbing. So, kudos to you, and keep up the great work!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Carlo, I am still having trouble getting the shows i select to add to the DVD list to show up. When I select a show to add to the burn list--it says something like the show is added. When i go to the DVD burn list---it is empty. A week ago i was able to get a show to show up in the list by restarting sage but that is not working now either. Nothing is being added. Is there any configurations that I need to check for this to work? I looked in the detailed setup screen and everything seems fine: DVD burner on D, compression enabled...
thanks
JUC

-Lets try this one more time. Any thoughts????
-I do not have videoredo installed and have not selected that option either. What is the other option listed--i am not familiar with it.
Also, I hope that the reason my issue hasn't been addressed at all despite my two posts is not due to the fact that I have not donated anything at this time. Currently, I am not using this STV because i cannot get the DVD burning to work. Once I can, I plan on switching and of course donating.
Thanks
JUC
Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
-Lets try this one more time. Any thoughts????
-I do not have videoredo installed and have not selected that option either. What is the other option listed--i am not familiar with it.
Also, I hope that the reason my issue hasn't been addressed at all despite my two posts is not due to the fact that I have not donated anything at this time. Currently, I am not using this STV because i cannot get the DVD burning to work. Once I can, I plan on switching and of course donating.
Thanks
JUC
This seems a little harsh. In my experience on this forum or any other I am a member of, I have rarely seen somebody with such informative and speedy responses to questions regarding there free products. I am sure Cayars might have let a post or 2 slip (2000+ and growing), but if he can get to it I am sure he will.

I just hope people understand that this is a man with a family and life and if we start pushing him more than his wife? He might drop this and give in to his wife more

Quote:
PS the wife conned me into watching some TV with her