SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcexcon
For #2, this is fixed in the upcoming version. You now call mini guide with the Custom2 button and the default TV Guide with the Guide button.

For #1, if you follow the instructions, there is nothing to do to setup the News feature. The only option available is in Setup/Plug-in/Dashboard and there you can enable/disable the access to the News feature
Thanks for the reply. For #1 - I guess I figured I could set my own RSS, but that's ok. I am aware of the enabled/disabled news option.

I am using the 350 TVOut so I can't view web pages from News links. Not a big deal. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
About your #1, I can't replicate your problem.

About your #2, Archived TV Shows from Media Library and My TV/TV Recordings works well for me. The link/item doesn't call any property value to access the menu.
#1 - well as I noted I have a workaround anyway. But that said, if you are not using the client, try removing the "seeker/archive_directory=" value from your SageClient.properties assuming it exists. Mine didn't. Then in the detailed setup add your video (for me it is My Videos) directory appropriately in Library Import Directories. That is where I have set My Music, My Videos, and My Pictures.

At that point the "My Video Library" in "My Media Library" should not show anything.

#2 - For me "My Archived Shows" in the "My Entertainment Center" menu doesn't go anywhere. So that said if you can't replicate it let me know what property it uses. I was not referring in this case to the "Media Library".

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Sage User

v2.2.2.5 Jan12

v2.2.2.5 (changelog)
- fixed Advanced Delete feature not working correctly in various Recordings Menus
- added Simple Delete choice to Advanced Delete function
- added advanced Delete to Recording Detail delete item
- added delete option to OSD option pages
- fixed Guide key to normal Guide when bind key to Mini Guide is not enabled in OSD Player Settings
-- by default Mini Guide is called by Custom1 button in OSD Player
- added Tedious PCC to OSD player change channel and LiveTV function
- fixed scrolling arrows back to prior STV version
- added Custom3 command for quick access to CC, only accessible if CC is available for the playing show
- added Link to Online movie Site (www.movielink.com) to Main Menu Dashboard
-- home page and enable/disable feature available in Setup/Plug-in/Dashboard
Old 01-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjohn
#1 - well as I noted I have a workaround anyway. But that said, if you are not using the client, try removing the "seeker/archive_directory=" value from your SageClient.properties assuming it exists. Mine didn't. Then in the detailed setup add your video (for me it is My Videos) directory appropriately in Library Import Directories. That is where I have set My Music, My Videos, and My Pictures.

At that point the "My Video Library" in "My Media Library" should not show anything.

#2 - For me "My Archived Shows" in the "My Entertainment Center" menu doesn't go anywhere. So that said if you can't replicate it let me know what property it uses. I was not referring in this case to the "Media Library".

Thanks.
About #2, thanks I got it, and fix it in v2.2.2.6. Unfortunatly I just published v2.2.2.5, then you need to wait a bit.

If you don't mind try testing the new implementation of the "Tedious Parental Control". I hope it is not too buggy.

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
...If you don't mind try testing the new implementation of the "Tedious Parental Control". I hope it is not too buggy.
Thanks a lot.
First let me say that the SageTV community thanks you for your efforts. Wonderful job to put it lightly!

I would be more than happy to test the PCC, but I think I need a brief ramp up on its basic features in order to. PM me if you want.

Lastly, it seems the community could have a dedicated developer on each section of the customized STV areas music / videos / TV / comskip / pictures / custom plugins etc. I really have noticed the lacking functionality with the out of box SageTV Music player functionality as of late, and management of songs/playlists. I know the studio is locked up tightly, so what to do except keep praising the efforts of those like yourself...but let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage User

COMSKIP Delete: I noticed in your STV when deleting a recorded show that COMSKIP had already processed...a *.CCYES or *.CCNO, *.TXT, *.Log, and *.VPrj are left in the video directory of Sage.

So is this something that each STV would have to manage cleaning up on delete or should I direct this toward one or more COMSKIP developers in the Sage forums? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Sage User

Feature Request: It seems that it would be more user friendly in numerous places to have the "play" remote button play a file immediately.

1) Archived Shows: From within the TV archived shows clicking play I would think would play the file immediately. Currently we have to press "enter" on the remote, choose "Watch Now" and then it plays.

2) TV Recordings: Same thing as number 1.

3) Music Jukebox: When I choose a song by pressing enter after searching for a file by artist, album, or playlist...I would like to see the "Play" button actually play that file immediately. Right now a small pseudo popup asks if we want to "cancel" (default) or "Play Song Now" or add to playlist etc.

When I choose play I am pretty sure that is what I want so it would seem logical that is what it should do. Right now Play does nothing in any of these situations. Just a thought and not sure if this would apply to all STV's or something that should be requested at the SageTV genearl feature level. Regardless I am up for making MCEXCON the best out there in regard to its UI. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Sage User

Feature Request: Add DVD burning capability from within this STV. I reviewed Cayar's DVDBurner bit in his thread here. One of the best features it has is the ability to utilize the Comskip data when burning. Anyway you might be able to link in what he has already done in a future release.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
COMSKIP Delete: I noticed in your STV when deleting a recorded show that COMSKIP had already processed...a *.CCYES or *.CCNO, *.TXT, *.Log, and *.VPrj are left in the video directory of Sage.

So is this something that each STV would have to manage cleaning up on delete or should I direct this toward one or more COMSKIP developers in the Sage forums? Thanks.
You can use the "Delete Orphans" feature in My TV/Utilities
Old 01-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Couple quick questions for a newb

#1 does anyone have a menu.xml file for this stv? I imported the stv that allows right click editing of the main menu but it gets messed up with the default menu.xml file.

#2 None of the icons load with the wether modules. Rightnow im using hte weather report suite and no icons show only the weather info.

BTW Beautiful STV.

TIA
Old 02-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHX
Couple quick questions for a newb

#1 does anyone have a menu.xml file for this stv? I imported the stv that allows right click editing of the main menu but it gets messed up with the default menu.xml file.

#2 None of the icons load with the wether modules. Rightnow im using hte weather report suite and no icons show only the weather info.

BTW Beautiful STV.

TIA
#1 This STV doesn't feature a menu.xml

#2 you must have a problem with your Weather module installation. Check your module is installed in the directory indicated in the installation instructions.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Feature Request: Add DVD burning capability from within this STV. I reviewed Cayar's DVDBurner bit in his thread here. One of the best features it has is the ability to utilize the Comskip data when burning. Anyway you might be able to link in what he has already done in a future release.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Feature Request: It seems that it would be more user friendly in numerous places to have the "play" remote button play a file immediately.

1) Archived Shows: From within the TV archived shows clicking play I would think would play the file immediately. Currently we have to press "enter" on the remote, choose "Watch Now" and then it plays.

2) TV Recordings: Same thing as number 1.

3) Music Jukebox: When I choose a song by pressing enter after searching for a file by artist, album, or playlist...I would like to see the "Play" button actually play that file immediately. Right now a small pseudo popup asks if we want to "cancel" (default) or "Play Song Now" or add to playlist etc.

When I choose play I am pretty sure that is what I want so it would seem logical that is what it should do. Right now Play does nothing in any of these situations. Just a thought and not sure if this would apply to all STV's or something that should be requested at the SageTV genearl feature level. Regardless I am up for making MCEXCON the best out there in regard to its UI. Thanks!
Great request: I added that to the priority list. Another feature I'm thinking about is a DVD library for offline DVDs (combined with online DVDs)
Old 02-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

STV.....How do I get it?

Hi,
How do I get my hands on this nice looking STV? I tried the link on the first post but it didn't work

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Sage User

I'm compelled to get it as well, so say the voices in my head.

Last edited by flopinf; 02-09-2005 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Sage User

The STV is back on line!

You can download the STV from here
Old 03-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Feature Request: Please add DVD burning capability.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up Maybe the best interface I have seen!

I have loaded and unloaded every STV so far, and I have to say that I think this has the best interface so far. Even my wife is impressed with this, and she normally thinks anything but Tivo is evil!

One request to put on your list of potentials:

Any chance of doing a progress bar much like the one that Meekel has, from the Teehan+lax interface document?
Attached Images
File Type: png Progress Bar.png (97.8 KB, 295 views)
Old 04-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
3. Would be nice to be able to play a file from the recordings listing without having to go into the shows detail page. Like maybe if you hit PLAY on a recording while in the recordings view it would go straight to playing it. Instead of having to select show, then select WATCH NOW from the recording detail page.
Jason Bottjen
Quote:
yes, but we need to select the right key as the stop/play/... keys are used for background and embedded video
I agree with JasonJoel's assessment but MCEXCON is right about choosing the correct key. I like the way it is set up in the Maldude2 STV, while using the Malore configuration: if you hit "OK" (which is mapped to the "Enter" key which is in turn mapped to "Select" in sage by default) it starts playing the 1) if on a show group the first entry of that group or 2) if on a specific recording of a show that recording.

This is the way it works in "Recordings a la Malore" in MCEXCON but I find your "Categorized Recordings" more appealing to the eye. Basically the difference is having to go into the recording details and click "Watch Now" which is an unneeded extra step. If you want to access the recording details you could do so as in Malore with the right arrow. Just my 2 cents.

BTW great job on this STV, It should have been included in the list for the poll IMHO (if for no other reason it seems to be one of the most active besides Cayer's)
Old 06-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy
Feature Request: Please add DVD burning capability.

Thanks

Please................