SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Some bugs:
1. If I hit OPTION during playback it pops up the options menu, but there is no highlighting to show which item is selected. At all. If I move the cursor up/down and hit OK it selects correctly, so it is actually moving. There is just no indication of what is selected.
Fixed in 2.1.10.6

Quote:
2. (edit 2: Ok, changing the number of rows fixed it on the 'default' recordings view. But it does not fix it on the "categorized view" as the pane on the right side did not change. It still has 8 or so rown and the text gets cut off if the recording has both a title and an episode name). (edit: nevermind, I see this in the Setup. I'll try adjusting this to see if it helps) The font looks too big in both the default recordings view as well as the categorized view. The two lines of text run into each other and are partially cut off. Can this be changed?
You need play with the Text Size and number of row setting in Interface/Plug-in menu

Quote:
3. Would be nice to be able to play a file from the recordings listing without having to go into the shows detail page. Like maybe if you hit PLAY on a recording while in the recordings view it would go straight to playing it. Instead of having to select show, then select WATCH NOW from the recording detail page.
yes, but we need to select the right key as the stop/play/... keys are used for background and embedded video

Quote:
4. When I go into a folder from the recordings view, the small pane on the right says "Space Disk Info" then nothing below it. And then lower says "Video Content: 0 minutes" which isn't right.
Fixed in 2.1.10.6

Quote:
5. Would be nice if option to NEVER show preview video window was set to stretch the top window of the "My TV Recordings" page all the way across the screen. As it is now that right side where the preview video window goes is wasted space (as I can't use the preview video on the Media MVP client). This should be changed on the Program Guide screen as well. Well, actually anywhere you purposely did not use that upper right corner because of the preview window placement.
yes, will put on to do list, but no priority for now. In fact I intend to add a MVP setting that would change/custom many settings at once.

Quote:
6. No way to remove the Play DVD option from Main Menu, as far as I can see. I looked through the setup options but did not see it.
Fixed in 2.1.10.6

Thanks for the tests.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
1. If you change the number of rows in the recordings view to 5, then go into a folder for a title that has multiple recordings, the white/light gray rounded rectangle border for the show does not size right. On the left side it ends right before the show title on my machine.
Have not been able to replicate. Please check this again on v2.1.10.6 as made many changes there. Let me know if you still the problem

Quote:
2. on the recording detail screen (the one you get to when you press OK on a recording) why is the pane on the left scrollable when there is open space below it. It should be stretched down, then all of the menu options would appear without scrolling.
The space is reserved for a LiveTV window if you enable it in Menu Video Options. But it is a good comment, the menu could extend automatically if there is no active window. Will think about it.

Quote:
3. Would be nice if there wan an icon or other indication in the recordings listing as to whether or not COMSKIP is available for that file or not.
Agree, will add to do list

Quote:
4. Would be nice to have a way to force COMSKIP of a file if there is no COMSKIP txt file generated for it yet. Maybe from the recording detail screen as a menu option on the left.
This is available from the Option menu when you watch a recording, as long as the Comskip OSD option is enabled. But it is a good idea to add the feature in the detailed info menu. will add to do list

Quote:
5. Much like Cayar did, should put wshat the default number is for a setup option in parenthesis in the setting description. Like "Menu Heading Text Size (20)"
OK

Quote:
6. Would be nice if the "upcoming recordings" pane int the "My TV" view would go all the way to the right side of the screen. On my machine it takes the left side of the screen and the right half on that row is empty...
The right side of the screen is reserved for a second pane if you active "currently recording" in TV Dashboard settings.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Sage User

v2.1.10.6 Dec16

v2.1.10.6 changelog

- fixed Option Menu selection in OSD Player
- added consistency across all Optional menu selection
- revert default TVRecordings row text size to 12 (from 18 and then 12 before). This only concerns new installation of the STV
- streamlined Favorite icon in TV Recordings: it now replaces the intelligent recording icon when the recording is a favorite
- in TV Recordings, moved watched bar to the left under the status icons
- fixed Time and Channel position in Archived TV Shows
- fixed link to Imported Video in Video Libraries menu
- added Enable/Disable Play DVD in Main Menu in Plug-in setup menu
- removed Use Original XMZ OSD option from OSD Settings in Plug-in setup menu
- CC in OSD player tested
- fixed disk info in TV Recordings menus
- added "reset_watched_when_played" option in Advanced PVR in Plug-in setup menu
- added font size for Malore Menu (Interface in Plug-in setup menu)
- added SageTV Recordings "A La Malore" for advanced categorizing
- fixed icons position on folder row
- made some changes to solve after playback issue in OSD player. It should now go back to the previously visited menu/screen. Still needs to work on going back to a specific RecordedTV list
Old 12-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Sage User

Made a few changes in v2.1.10.6 Please see if it works... but still need to work on it

Quote:
VERY important bug/issue. When I get to the end of a recording it just stops at a black screen. I then have to hit STOP or HOME, etc to get back to a menu.

This is with the option: "Prompt for deletion when show is finished" set to DISABLED. And if it is ENABLED I get the menu, and if I select CANCEL it still just sits there at the last frame of the video.

It should automatically return to the screen you came from (recording detail as currently programmed or recording list if you add option to play files without having to go into the recording detail page).

Cayar's STV does this as well (up through version 15). He said he is changing that behavior for the next version of his STV, too. I think it also causxes a higher frequency of crashes for PVR350 users.

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, that was fast. And thanks! I'll test the new version tonight after I finish copying files over to new RAID array.

Sorry for so many comments/bugs/suggestions all at once. Overall I think the STV is in pretty GOOD shape. I always mean those comments as constructive, not criticisms at all!

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

Still does it in the latest version. I attached a picture. Specifically look at the following recordings:
Kids in the Hall
Law & Order
Legend of Earthsea

This is direcftly from the default recordings view.

Jason

Quote:
1. If you change the number of rows in the recordings view to 5, then go into a folder for a title that has multiple recordings, the white/light gray rounded rectangle border for the show does not size right. On the left side it ends right before the show title on my machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recording graphic error.jpg (107.2 KB, 299 views)
Old 12-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Sage Icon

1. Looks like the catagory recordings view is completely broken. On mine the left pane is populated, but no episodes ever show up in the right pane.

Not a huge deal as I believe I will be using the 'a la Malore' view anyway.

2. Is there anyway to customize of the menus besides the main menu? For instance I would prefer to remove all of the other recording views from the "My TV" screen leaving only the Malore style one.

3. Is there any way to edit the task bars? On the "My TV" screen, the task bar shows a RECORDING link. Well, I want that to go to the Malore view, but can't seem to change it.

That's it for now! I realy like how you moved the watched bars, they are in a much better location now.

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage User

OK, got it. Fixed in the upcoming version. There is a bug in Studio/SageTV, when 3D is disabled SageTV shows a thin line even when a line size equals 0.

Quote:
Still does it in the latest version. I attached a picture. Specifically look at the following recordings:
Kids in the Hall
Law & Order
Legend of Earthsea

This is direcftly from the default recordings view.

Jason
Old 12-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, the Malore recordings view is broken as well.

If you select a show and press ENTER/OK, it looks like it tried to open it in the PREVIEW WINDOW - even if you have preview video set to NEVER.

With the Media MVP, you can't have a preview window, so I am kind of guessing that is what it is doing since I get some garbled video looking artifacts on the top right side of the screen.

After that, I can't find any way to get it to go to full screen playback.

Jason
Old 12-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
1. Looks like the catagory recordings view is completely broken. On mine the left pane is populated, but no episodes ever show up in the right pane.

Not a huge deal as I believe I will be using the 'a la Malore' view anyway.

2. Is there anyway to customize of the menus besides the main menu? For instance I would prefer to remove all of the other recording views from the "My TV" screen leaving only the Malore style one.

3. Is there any way to edit the task bars? On the "My TV" screen, the task bar shows a RECORDING link. Well, I want that to go to the Malore view, but can't seem to change it.

That's it for now! I realy like how you moved the watched bars, they are in a much better location now.

Jason Bottjen
Those 3 items are addressed in the upcoming update.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Oh, the Malore recordings view is broken as well.

If you select a show and press ENTER/OK, it looks like it tried to open it in the PREVIEW WINDOW - even if you have preview video set to NEVER.

With the Media MVP, you can't have a preview window, so I am kind of guessing that is what it is doing since I get some garbled video looking artifacts on the top right side of the screen.

After that, I can't find any way to get it to go to full screen playback.

Jason
A link was missing, fixed in upcoming version.
Please test when available, as I personally do not Malore screens too often
Old 12-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Sure will. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to the next version. Sounds like it will be in a pretty good state (aside from the longer term stretch the info panes if preview window is turned off request ).

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcexcon
A link was missing, fixed in upcoming version.
Please test when available, as I personally do not Malore screens too often
Old 12-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Sage Icon

One more thing... I can't figrure out how to change some of the fonts.

I've tried changing all of the interface font sizes, and can't seem to make any difference.

Specifically the ones I want to make bigger:
1. The show description text int the upper pane when in the default recordings screen
2. The popup timeline text while watching a show. You know, the one that pops up when you FFWD/RWD, and shows current time, beginning time, end time? The font is way too small on my 35" TV.

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Sage User

v2.2.2.1 Dec21

v2.2.2.1 changelog

- STV compatible with v2.2 but no integration of Original V2.2 STV changes yet
- fixed rectangle gray line appearing on some TV Recordings rows
- confirmed that option to force COMSKIP on a file not previously processed is available in the File Detail page
-- fixed in air detailed info
- added TV show icon toolbar in various TV listing and detail page
- replaced formed icons with new icon toolbar in OSD Player
- added TV Recordings Icon Bar Enable/Disable feature in Interface/Plug in menu
- replaced thin channel white border with light rectangular in OSD Player
- reorganized main menu item into menu settings in Plug in menu
-- added enable/disable feature for TV Guide & TV Recordings menu
- added preferred TV Guide page capability
-- option accessible from Option command in TV Guide (default & by category), and Plug-in menu/TV Dashboard
-- the preferred is called by the TV dashboard and TV Guide links in Option menus
- added preferred TV Recordings page capability
-- option accessible from Option command in TV Recordings (default & Categozized viewx), and Plug-in menu/TV Dashboard
-- the preferred is called by the TV dashboard and TV Recordings links in Option menus
- fixed Recordings by Category (oops... lost a link)
- fixed positioning of Recordings titles in Malore Recordings where watched shows were too far on the left of the row
- fixed Malore Screens (Recordings, Guides...) (oops... lost a link)
- added Disk Info Enable/Disable in Plug in menu/Menu Settings
Old 12-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Sage User

v2.2.2.2 Dec22

v2.2.2.2 changelog
- fixed icon bar activation in OSD player
- fixed CC icon in various lists
- reinstalled former window video formating on Main Menu/Page
- fixed link to Additional Airings in Favorites Detail
- added MCEXCON theme formating to Additional Airings title
- fixed show titles not appearing in Categorized TV Recordings
- fixed background video in Video detailed page and Malore menus
- fixed quick blue box display in Malore TV recordings
- changed icon position in Archived TV Shows
- fixed & changed Simple Weather module
-- fixed pictures not appearing
-- "simple weather" module file must now be located under the SageTV folder, in a subfolder named "weathersimple"
-- the new folder location allows for use with other STV without duplicating files across STVs
--- for new user, the installation automatic
--- for current user, the following settings must be changed as indicated in the SageProperties file:
mlbdude/weather_exe=\\weathersimple\\GetWeatherJava.exe
mlbdude/weather_file=\\weathersimple\\Weather.txt
mlbdude/weather_image_root=\\weathersimple\\images
- minor small GUI fixes
- added automatic TV Description box resizing when no in-Window liveTV
Old 12-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
One more thing... I can't figrure out how to change some of the fonts.

I've tried changing all of the interface font sizes, and can't seem to make any difference.

Specifically the ones I want to make bigger:
1. The show description text int the upper pane when in the default recordings screen
2. The popup timeline text while watching a show. You know, the one that pops up when you FFWD/RWD, and shows current time, beginning time, end time? The font is way too small on my 35" TV.

Jason Bottjen
Jason,
This was ready in the STV, but not enabled everywhere. It is now enabled and availabe from the Interface/Plug-in menu. Please note that some screen may need a SageTV restarts to display a font size change.
Enjoy
Old 12-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Sure will. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to the next version. Sounds like it will be in a pretty good state (aside from the longer term stretch the info panes if preview window is turned off request ).

Jason Bottjen
This now enabled in v2.2.2.2
Old 12-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Bug in v2.2.2.2.

1. Go to Malore recordings screen
2. Go to OPTIONS menu
3. Select "Sort By:" Field

The menu that pops up has no highlighting for what is selected.

Actually on further review, it may be that there are more options than the window can show, and the window doesn't scroll UP/DOWN... Because it seems like there should be more options that those that are listed.

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

I like the description box taking up the width opf the screen, THANKS!

However, it doesn't on the Malore recordings screen.... (hate to complain)

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Starting with v2.2.2.1, sometimes I am getting a dialog box popup on my computer screen saying:

Title: SageTVClient.exe - No Disk
Message: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.

I specifically get this when I scroll up and down in the recordings list. But not always at the same place!

Do you have any idea what this means? I did move my recordings around to my new RAID array, but I don't *think* that is it...

EDIT #1: I do *NOT* get this when using the OrignalV2.STV, or with Cayars15.

EDIT #2: To narrow this down further, it ONLY happens on the default TV recordings screen. It does NOT happen on the Categorized Recordings view, nor on the Malore recordings view.

EDIT #3: It may, or may not, have something to do with mousing over recording entries that are folders instead of individual recordings... Hard to duplicate though, as it doesn't seem to happen EVERY time... Very frequently though when going to/from certain folder listings.

Hopefully that helps track it down.

Jason Bottjen

Last edited by JasonJoel; 12-22-2004 at 04:15 PM.