SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Sage User

This may be a dumb question, but where can i get the wrs java classes. When i tried to open the weather panel, it said it failed to load them. I think it said something like that on the imdb search as well. I think the version of java that i am using is 1.4.2.04.

Other than that i havent had time to play with the newer version yet. I did remove those radio buttons i previously asked about.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Sage User

Instructions and download available here: http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm...v/install.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_l
This may be a dumb question, but where can i get the wrs java classes. When i tried to open the weather panel, it said it failed to load them. I think it said something like that on the imdb search as well. I think the version of java that i am using is 1.4.2.04.

Other than that i havent had time to play with the newer version yet. I did remove those radio buttons i previously asked about.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Sage User

v2.1.10.2 Nov15

Changelog:

v2.1.10.2
- added browsable background
- added browsable logo (needs restart for refresh)
- tweaks in Advanced PVR settings
- added Malore TV Features (beta, not finished)
- changed logo to SageTV logo
- fixed borders in OSD Player for Overlay mode
- fixed left navigation in Interface under Plug-ins menu
- Add Malore TV multimenu (not finished yet) under My TV menu
- fixed Setup Channels not coming back to Wizard Summary
- fixed text entry in Menu options
- darken gray background for Option Windows
- fixed Options window in Recording Schedule
- fixed left/back navigation on Malore menus
Old 11-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage User

v2.1.10.3 Nov17

Change log v2.1.10.3
- fixed appearing thin border in Recordings list when 3D is disabled
- moved folder icon to the left in TV recordings list
- fixed delete file in OSD Player not coming back to main menu
- added option to come back from Recordings Categorized view to Standard Recordings View
- added memorized setting for last selected Recordings view. Now the last selected view will display by default
- fixed Recordings option in main menu
- added TV Guides menu grouping all TV Guide views
- reorganized TV menu:
-- created Program Guides, TV Recordings, Recording Schedules, Utilities menus
-- integrated Malore menus in new sub TV menus
- added new TV dashboard to TV meneu:
-- icons are beta, needs to be replaced
-- enabling/disabling icons is available in Plug-in Setup menu/TV Dashboard
- completely integrated Malore Multimenu (still some issues with icons!)
- added detailed info to Show Detail Description in LiveTV Guide & Recordings:
-- Year of the show
-- Parental Rating of the show
-- CC of the show
-- Audio type of the show
Old 11-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Sage User

v2.1.10.4 Nov19

changes log:

v2.1.10.4
- changed Recordings dashboard on TV main menu. It allows for viewing both at the same time: Currently Recording and Upcoming Recordings
- moved Recording Dashbord to TV Dashboard in Setup Plug-in menu
- added STV version to System Information
- fixed Parental Control pin number window not showing up
- darkened Option Window gray background
- added external DVD player:
-- added Enabled/Disabled setting in Setup/Plug-in/Advanced PVR
-- How to set it up?:
--- in properties file: add dvd player path to "external_dvd_player=" such as C\:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\wmplayer.exe
--- in properties file: addd dvd palayer parameters to "external_dvd_player_params"
- added Delete Options when show is finished in Setup/Plug-in/Advanced PVR
- added code to OSD to prompt for show deletion at end of viewing based on above option settings: from Cayars STV. Thanks to him.
- fixed & changed OSD player behaviors after end of a media file

Last edited by mcexcon; 11-19-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up Front End Work

Thanks for working on this. This is really a nice step forward for Sage Usability.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really do like the concept behind the layout. For me, a couple things I would like to see are: 1) IMD lookup on each detail page (that passes the info automatically like in Cayars STV), 2) Commercial Skip. These two are BIG features to have in my opinion. Other things that I think would be nice are: a) constant TV/Video window position, b) constant toolbar buttons more in line with MCE (like the start page for SageMC but with news and weather).

I don't know if that's the kind of feedback you were looking for.... I hope it helps though.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniti_guy
I really do like the concept behind the layout. For me, a couple things I would like to see are: 1) IMD lookup on each detail page (that passes the info automatically like in Cayars STV), 2) Commercial Skip. These two are BIG features to have in my opinion. Other things that I think would be nice are: a) constant TV/Video window position, b) constant toolbar buttons more in line with MCE (like the start page for SageMC but with news and weather).

I don't know if that's the kind of feedback you were looking for.... I hope it helps though.
Yes, it does help.
Thanks.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

Took a look at the STV again tonight. I really like it, but without COMSKIP support I will never use it.

So that would be my #1 vote.

My #2 vote would be to have shows in the MOVIE category auto group in the recordings view, even though you don't have group by category selected.

Malore's view did this, and for those of us that record a lot of movies it is a GOD SEND.

I like to group by title normally. But then I have 20-40 separate entries in my list. YUCK. In Malore's you can group by title, but then movies are still grouped together in one folder. VERY handy.

Jason
Old 12-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Sage User

Second the vote for Comskip

It is the best looking STV out there in my opinion but without comskip it is a non-start for me. Great graphics work and organization however.

Waiting for comskip integration with baited breath......
Old 12-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Sage User

Comskip and CC are coming in a few hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittr
It is the best looking STV out there in my opinion but without comskip it is a non-start for me. Great graphics work and organization however.

Waiting for comskip integration with baited breath......
Old 12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Sage User

About your #2, will need more explanation as I have not been able to find it in Malore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Took a look at the STV again tonight. I really like it, but without COMSKIP support I will never use it.

So that would be my #1 vote.

My #2 vote would be to have shows in the MOVIE category auto group in the recordings view, even though you don't have group by category selected.

Malore's view did this, and for those of us that record a lot of movies it is a GOD SEND.

I like to group by title normally. But then I have 20-40 separate entries in my list. YUCK. In Malore's you can group by title, but then movies are still grouped together in one folder. VERY handy.

Jason
Old 12-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Sage User

Absolutely awesome

And I wasn't blowing smoke about how much I like your skin, I'm in the process of changing my Xlobby skin for continuity to match what you have done in your STV.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Sage User

Below is what's coming up in the v2.1.10.5 (it's in beta for now and not published)

v2.1.10.5
- fixed Channel Setup in Setup Menu
- added Video (for video library) Parental Controls option in Parental Controls Menu. If enabled, the PC Code will be asked before viewing a video from the Video Library
- Video File Detailed Information page (Watch Now & Add to Playlist) now includes a check on the previously added Video Parental Controls option
- added Comskip settings in Plug-in setup
- added Comskip & CC in OSD Player, thanks to Malore & Cayar
- added some of Cayar OSD Player features to OSD player
- cleaned up mlbdude former settings in plug-in menu
- for mlbdude weather to work, the STV must be installed in XMZV2 directory
- renamed mlbdude menu to Weather in plug-in menu
- extended weather options in new weather settings menu
- added OSD menu in plug-in menu
- moved REW and Fast Forward from Advanced PVR to OSD Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittr
And I wasn't blowing smoke about how much I like your skin, I'm in the process of changing my Xlobby skin for continuity to match what you have done in your STV.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

In the Malore recordings view, if you group the left pane by TITLE, it automatically groups all programs of category MOVIE into one group. This feature is AWESOME for those of us that record a lot of movies.

It is sort of a specific exception for movies. If you get my meaning.

So instead of having something like in the left pane:
Star Wars: A New Hope
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi

You would get:
MOVIES (3)

And the right pane would show the three movies.

I usually have 30+ movies in my recordings, so without this feature I have a TON of single entry listings in the left pane (all of the movies, as they all have a unique title).

Hopefully that explains it better!!!!

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcexcon
About your #2, will need more explanation as I have not been able to find it in Malore.

Last edited by JasonJoel; 12-15-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Sage User

Thanks it helps. Will integrate in v2.1.10.6 (in a few days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
In the Malore recordings view, if you group the left pane by TITLE, it automatically groups all programs of category MOVIE into one group. This feature is AWESOME for those of us that record a lot of movies.

It is sort of a specific exception for movies. If you get my meaning.

So instead of having something like in the left pane:
Star Wars: A New Hope
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi

You would get:
MOVIES (3)

And the right pane would show the three movies.

I usually have 30+ movies in my recordings, so without this feature I have a TON of single entry listings in the left pane (all of the movies, as they all have a unique title).

Hopefully that explains it better!!!!

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Sage User

v2.1.10.5 Dec15

The new STV will posted tonight. It now includes Commercial Advance and Closed Captioning.

Changelog:

v2.1.10.5
- fixed Channel Setup in Setup Menu
- added Video Parental Controls option in Parental Controls Menu. If enabled, the PC Code will be asked before viewing a video from the Video Library
- Video File Detailed Information page (Watch Now & Add to Playlist) now includes a check on the previously added Video Parental Controls option
- added Comskip settings in Plug-in setup
- added Comskip & CC in OSD Player, thanks to Malore & Cayar (CC NOT TESTED YET: PLEASE DO NO SEND ANY COMMENT YET)
- added some of Cayar OSD Player features to OSD player
- cleaned up mlbdude former settings in plug-in menu
- for mlbdude weather to work, the STV must be installed in XMZV2 directory
- renamed mlbdude menu to Weather in plug-in menu
- extended weather options in new weather settings menu
- added OSD menu in plug-in menu
- moved REW and Fast Forward from Advanced PVR to OSD Menu
- changed and added color to OSD Player time bar:
-- missed recorded frames is now black
-- frames to be recorded have been added and are in red
- many small UI touch ups
- corrected LiveTV/Video title in Video window on Home Page
- added watched bar (a la Malore) in TV Recordings listing. Located at the right end of the item
- added ComSkip option to Video/File/Air Detailed Pages
- added IMDB contextual Search to Video/File/Air Detail Pages
Old 12-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

Ok... Thanks for adding COMSKIP support. Playback works great, haven't had a chance to see if it kicks off the creation yet though.

Some bugs:
1. If I hit OPTION during playback it pops up the options menu, but there is no highlighting to show which item is selected. At all. If I move the cursor up/down and hit OK it selects correctly, so it is actually moving. There is just no indication of what is selected.

2. (edit 2: Ok, changing the number of rows fixed it on the 'default' recordings view. But it does not fix it on the "categorized view" as the pane on the right side did not change. It still has 8 or so rown and the text gets cut off if the recording has both a title and an episode name). (edit: nevermind, I see this in the Setup. I'll try adjusting this to see if it helps) The font looks too big in both the default recordings view as well as the categorized view. The two lines of text run into each other and are partially cut off. Can this be changed?

3. Would be nice to be able to play a file from the recordings listing without having to go into the shows detail page. Like maybe if you hit PLAY on a recording while in the recordings view it would go straight to playing it. Instead of having to select show, then select WATCH NOW from the recording detail page.

4. When I go into a folder from the recordings view, the small pane on the right says "Space Disk Info" then nothing below it. And then lower says "Video Content: 0 minutes" which isn't right.

5. Would be nice if option to NEVER show preview video window was set to stretch the top window of the "My TV Recordings" page all the way across the screen. As it is now that right side where the preview video window goes is wasted space (as I can't use the preview video on the Media MVP client). This should be changed on the Program Guide screen as well. Well, actually anywhere you purposely did not use that upper right corner because of the preview window placement.

6. No way to remove the Play DVD option from Main Menu, as far as I can see. I looked through the setup options but did not see it.

That is a start. I'll report more as I find them.

Thanks!

Jason Bottjen

Last edited by JasonJoel; 12-15-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

1. If you change the number of rows in the recordings view to 5, then go into a folder for a title that has multiple recordings, the white/light gray rounded rectangle border for the show does not size right. On the left side it ends right before the show title on my machine.

2. on the recording detail screen (the one you get to when you press OK on a recording) why is the pane on the left scrollable when there is open space below it. It should be stretched down, then all of the menu options would appear without scrolling.

3. Would be nice if there wan an icon or other indication in the recordings listing as to whether or not COMSKIP is available for that file or not.

4. Would be nice to have a way to force COMSKIP of a file if there is no COMSKIP txt file generated for it yet. Maybe from the recording detail screen as a menu option on the left.

5. Much like Cayar did, should put wshat the default number is for a setup option in parenthesis in the setting description. Like "Menu Heading Text Size (20)"

6. Would be nice if the "upcoming recordings" pane int the "My TV" view would go all the way to the right side of the screen. On my machine it takes the left side of the screen and the right half on that row is empty...

Jason

Last edited by JasonJoel; 12-15-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Sage Icon

VERY important bug/issue. When I get to the end of a recording it just stops at a black screen. I then have to hit STOP or HOME, etc to get back to a menu.

This is with the option: "Prompt for deletion when show is finished" set to DISABLED. And if it is ENABLED I get the menu, and if I select CANCEL it still just sits there at the last frame of the video.

It should automatically return to the screen you came from (recording detail as currently programmed or recording list if you add option to play files without having to go into the recording detail page).

Cayar's STV does this as well (up through version 15). He said he is changing that behavior for the next version of his STV, too. I think it also causxes a higher frequency of crashes for PVR350 users.

Jason Bottjen

Last edited by JasonJoel; 12-16-2004 at 12:23 PM.