SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

never seen SageTV cause a 50 % CPU usage when not active

much less when active without using something like ffdshow
Old 09-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Administrator

If it is the scheduling process... obviously, results vary from system to system.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Sage User

Me too!!!

I have the exact same problem with 2.1.10.

I've had sage running for years and it has never hung!!!
But recently updated to 2.1.10 (a month ago)

Now SageTV is stuck on 50% usage (looking at processes within task manager) while it is idle (not playing or recording anything)

It seems to hang when I press Sage Recordings

This is first time it has been unstable for me. I'm going to try the 2.2.2 beta today, maybe that will help.

I'll keep you posted
Old 12-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
I did notice that when I added a favorite recording that was done by "keyword" it caused to have sage constantly running at hight CPU. Ok, here it is what I did, I wen tto schedules -> favorites manager -> new by keyword. then when I added *911* it started to cause such behavior. Then I tried to remove it and I had problems so easiest for me was to go back few days and recover wiz.bin, problem went away....

I am so convinced that many high CPU utilizations are caused by something in wiz.bin and sage not able to solve those problems. there must be some unlimited loop in the program or something that is causing this...

I had similar behavior when I was shutting down sage as well many times, then when I restarted my sage my CPU went all the way to the sky and I was unable to even get GUI to respond, but that is probably another issue... the issue that you were describing GUI is usable but CPU is at 50% on my HT processor.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Sage User

Update on my progress

Tried everything. Ended up reinstalling Windows and hauppauge drivers and then Sage 2.2 beta with no joy

Same issue. 50% cpu usage and then sage hangs.

I'll try going back to 2.0.20

Such a shame really because I've had sage working for years without it crashing. I should have known better than to try updating software that was working so well for me. My wife was the biggest fan of sage, singing its praises at every chance. Now she keeps asking when it's going to be working again. (Lucky we didn't throw the VCR out)

Oh well, I'll continue wasting all my free time trying to get it working and I'll keep you posted when I find the solution.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
No, the 350 decoding, only works on the TV out on the 350. If you're using the VGA/DVI/Component out on your Radeon then you are using software decoding.

Stanger, a couple of questions then. I see no difference switching between decoders in Sage on the 350 TV out. Does this not make any difference?

Also, on the 250 and now 150 you can hardware decode and put it out through your video card can't you?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
I see no difference switching between decoders in Sage on the 350 TV out. Does this not make any difference?
No, that won't make any difference when using the 350's tv-out, since it uses its own on-card hardware decoder.

Quote:
Also, on the 250 and now 150 you can hardware decode and put it out through your video card can't you?
The encoder card has nothing to do with decoding & sending output through the video card. That is done via software and perhaps some hardware assist, if the vide card has the ability. You could have no encoders in the PC (client, perhaps) and still have the same playback results.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.