SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Sage User

no change

Quote:
Originally posted by omslaw
Try this. Close SageTV and Recorder. Open up your SageRecorder.properties and Sage.properties files and look for this line, "always_autotune=true". Change it to false on both of them. Now run SageTV Recorder and auto tune the channels. Now you can close SageTV Recorder and the settings should be in effect the next time you run either application.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Sage User

Tried that and it didn't work...
Old 09-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Sage User

Hey Supernoob...you ever get things working?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

there is a topic here about this issue

maybe you shouldd post there

this is a driver issue

http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5729
Old 09-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by RBremen
Hey Supernoob...you ever get things working?
nope
Old 09-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Sage User

I hope they get this issue addressed soon. I just purchased a 250 and am having the same problem. Works in the winTV app but not sage. I also have the new tuner on the card i received.

Model 32032 Rev. B185
Serial #xxxxxx
Tuner Formats: NTSC (M/N)
Tuner Audio: Stereo (MSP4448)
Video Formats: NTSC ( M ) PAL ( B G H I D K M N NCOMBO ) SECAM ( L L' )
Audio Outputs: None
External Inputs: 3
S-Video Inputs: 2
Teletext: Yes (Software)
Radio: None
Decoder: SAA7115
Tuner Model: TCL 2002N_6A

EEprom Contents:
84 09 00 04 20 77 00 40 8e 47 2b 00
73 05 9b 00
84 08 00 06 20 7d 00 00 15 16 89
72 07 70
73 09 13 5f
73 0a 08 55
74 0b 98 18 0c
72 0f 01
72 10 01
72 11 00
79 b5
Old 09-03-2004, 06:01 AM
Sage User

Hope there's a solution on the horizon
Old 09-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

I had the sound/no video trouble last night after updating my old V2.0 Beta install with the new release V2.0 here at FreyTechnologies.

It was late at night so I gave up, remembering that when I'd installed the V2.0 beta overmy old 1.x version I had a similar problem and that it was easily fixed.

This morning I got up and figured I'd give it a try. I tried several things within the Sage setup and advanced setup options with no joy, still sound but no video.

I have my old ReplayTv hooked up to the Composite in on my PVR-250 (over a year old) so I added an input for the composite input of the PVR-250.

I then went into Live TV and selected the Composite input, watch now and viola, there was the ReplayTV menu onscreen.

I then selected a regular channel within the Live TV guide (cable direct to PVr-250, no STB) and there was my picture with sound again!

I didn't mess with changing drivers, etc since it had been working prior to installing the release Sage V2.0 over my Sage V2.0 Beta install.

I don't know if this will work for everyone. Could it be this simple? Probably not.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Sage User

This doesnt look good, here is hauppages reply when I submitted a report to them:

Subject: RE: problem with win-tv pvr 250
Date: Fri, September 3, 2004 2:05 pm
To: seezar
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version

The PVR products cannot interface with any 3rd party
capture/streaming/conferencing type applications, because these products use
a built on hardware encoder, and not a standalone software capture driver.
You can only capture from the WinTV 2000 application using this product.

Regards,
Bill V. (BillV@hauppauge.com)
Hauppauge Computer Works Technical Support, U.S.A.
http://www.hauppauge.com

Please include previous correspondence when replying.
For Common problems/solutions: http://www.hauppauge.com/html/support.htm

Doesnt look like Hauppage is going to be too quick to post a driver fix.

Last edited by seezar; 09-03-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by seezar
This doesnt look good, here is hauppages reply when I submitted a report to them:

Subject: RE: problem with win-tv pvr 250
Date: Fri, September 3, 2004 2:05 pm
To: seezar
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version

The PVR products cannot interface with any 3rd party
capture/streaming/conferencing type applications, because these products use
a built on hardware encoder, and not a standalone software capture driver.
You can only capture from the WinTV 2000 application using this product.
Rats! NOW I find out that I can't use my 250 with SageTV like I've been doing for months!

Sorry, I know I don't have an answer for you, but all I can say is that while I've received good info from an engineer at Hauppauge, I haven't had much luck with their tech support. Another example: they've been known to tell people you can't use 2 PVR tuners in one system & other things we've been doing with SageTV. I think some of their tech support staff don't really know what their engineers & other companies are doing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 09-03-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
Rats! NOW I find out that I can't use my 250 with SageTV like I've been doing for months!

Sorry, I know I don't have an answer for you, but all I can say is that while I've received good info from an engineer at Hauppauge, I haven't had much luck with their tech support. Another example: they've been known to tell people you can't use 2 PVR tuners in one system & other things we've been doing with SageTV. I think some of their tech support staff don't really know what their engineers & other companies are doing.

- Andy

Yeah, it was a rather strange reply, especially since the fact I purchased the 250 and sage 2.0 as a bundle. Not that I purchased it directly from Hauppage but it makes it rather obvious the card HAS worked with 3rd party apps.

Anyone know of any other way to contact Hauppage as opposed to going through their regular tech support channels?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Sage User

Well, I have better news. I replied back to their tech support and they mentioned that I didnt mention Sage previously and now they say:

Quote:
This card should work with
Sage TV, beyond TV, and Ulead DVD movie factory version 3.
I was now told they are aware of the issue and their developers are working on a fix.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Sage

Does disabling/enabling 3D acceleration have any effect on this? Looks like a driver problem, but since SageRecorder can get around it then there's a chance you can configure SageTV to get around it too w/out waiting for a driver fix.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Sage User

I've been running sage for a few months now with a PVR-250 and I must say that its been working just fine. So fine that I've never had to post before. Although you guys have solved a lot of my problems for me! Anyway, I received a new 250 today to use as the second tuner.

I'm having the same issue with the new 250 as you folks. The funny thing is that the "old" 250 works fine. Having both installed at the same time I can switch between them and the old one works as good as it always has. Both cards are running off the cable feed from the wall and they are setup identically in Sage. I've done fresh installs of all drivers and software.

I've tried the acceleration setting both on and off and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Both of the 250 cards use the Conexant Encoder (CX23416-12) but the tuner on the cards are different. The "old" card has a NTSC 32031 Rev B210 tuner and the "new" card has an NTSC/NTSC-J 32032 Rev B185 tuner.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Sage User

Tonight I got it to work for the first time, well briefly.

I powered up my computer and ran sage just to see what happened (made no changes whatsoever). It just started working. I flipped through 3 or 4 channels, no problem. Then flipped to the next channel and I was back to where I started, no picture. Even going back to the channels that worked were now not working again.

Very odd.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by seezar
Tonight I got it to work for the first time, well briefly.

I powered up my computer and ran sage just to see what happened (made no changes whatsoever). It just started working. I flipped through 3 or 4 channels, no problem. Then flipped to the next channel and I was back to where I started, no picture. Even going back to the channels that worked were now not working again.

Very odd.
Yes, I had the exact same experience last week, Mine was working for less than 2 minutes after the first powerup in the morning, then the channel tunning went bad again.

I also noticed that mine has bad TV reception on the channel 3 and 4.

I plan to return my PVR-250 to the store. I am afraid that the newer TV tunner on the card might have hardware defect. Or the newer TV tunner might have much shorter life time.

I also wonder if they used rebate to dump those newer version of PVR-250 currently in the store.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by pvr_newbie
I plan to return my PVR-250 to the store. I am afraid that the newer TV tunner on the card might have hardware defect. Or the newer TV tunner might have much shorter life time.
I wouldnt be so quick to assume its a hardware defect (of course, anything is possible). If you try using the WinTV application I'd bet the tuning works fine at all times.

The problem sounds more software/driver related.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:19 AM

I am a BTV user and just wanted to post here to say that we are all having the same problem with new PVR-250 cards and BTV. It seems that everyone on that newsgroup that has the problem is using a newer rev of the card. The box said 1.5, and the tuner itself has "32032 REV B185".

Does everyone that has this problem with Sage have this same Revision number?

Here is a link the the thread on Snapstream:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...080#post106080

Jason
Old 09-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by jrapps
Does everyone that has this problem with Sage have this same Revision number?

Here is a link the the thread on Snapstream:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...080#post106080

Jason
Yup, my card has the exact same model/revision number for the tuner. Definately seems to be an issue with this new tuner revision. (32032 REV B185)

Last edited by seezar; 09-05-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:32 PM

Well we have sort of figured out a workaround for this over on the snapstream users board. A registry hack putting in the proper freq's for the cable tuner under the "antenna" listing in the registry allows the card to work.

Check out this thread:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...t=17956&page=2

Jason