SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Thank you for making SageTV finally accepted in all rooms of my home! Everyone is happy, including me since I finally changed the background.

All the features I wanted and more, and its now EASY to change the menu's around like I wanted.

ONLY gripe is that I no longer have the recordings menu (new MlbDude2??) like this one:

Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 09-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Oh, also for those who are having trouble with the weather suite and live in the raliegh-rocky mount-greenville area, here is my weather.xml, which includes a satellite view of the tropics.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 09-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having a problem passing parameters correctly when calling external apps. For example, running "C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe" -config config_dvd.xml from the start menu->run command works great. However when I try to run the same line from Nielm's STV it doesn't work.

<actionMenuItem title="DVD">
<actionList>
<extCommand
command="C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe"
arguments="-config config_dvd.xml"
waitforexit="1"/>
</actionList>
</actionMenuItem>

Meedio is starts without the argument passed. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Oh, and by the way, sage is quickly restored focus after about a second so the waitforexit doesn't appear to be working.
________
Buy glass pipes

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Taking a look at Niel's code, it appears that, if you are Win2k or later, you will get the command:

cmd.exe /C start "console" /wait "C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe" -config config_dvd.xml

from that.

Win95 or 98 would get

command.com /C start "console" /wait "C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe" -config config_dvd.xml

While I can't guarantee that that is what his code is doing (about to jump on a plane), it certainly appears to be attempting to do that. So, if that doesn't work from the start/run prompt, then it probably won't work from the STV. If it does work, then either I've misread his code, or Runitime.exec doesn't do what I think it does.

Regards,
Stuart
Old 09-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Sage User

I love this Sage STV and have been playing with it for awhile. I have been changing the weather config and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get sat photos for Spain? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to change the vertical text spacing on the main menu to allow for more than 6 rows on-screen at once?
Old 09-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

It appears that the weather suite is not updating for any of the data. I have a DSL connection, and the data age rate in the xml file is set to 0.25 hours.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
I like but having issues with one thing

I like the features you added. RSS and Weather are awsome. I have a few suggestions if you dont mind. First, if you created an easy way to change the presetup cities you have chosen it would be nice. Maybe a way to adjust them by entering a zip code into a setup menu. I would love to change those to maybe towns where relatives live and things like that. The other suggestion I have may be my own problem but assistance is always nice. ) I noticed that the selection box appears to cover up part of the text in the menus. Also the text looks a little squished. I dont see that with the other STVs I have tried. If that could be fixed it would be nice. If you get those fixed, I think you would have an even better mod than before. I love what is there so far and hope it gets better.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCoat999
It appears that the weather suite is not updating for any of the data. I have a DSL connection, and the data age rate in the xml file is set to 0.25 hours.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks
Are you talking about images or the weather.com info?

With the images, the updates should be noticeable even if you are parked on an animation (the new images are slipped into the animation when they are downloaded).

With the weather.com data, you have to move from one menu to another to see the update.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: I like but having issues with one thing

Quote:
...if you created an easy way to change the presetup cities you have chosen it would be nice. Maybe a way to adjust them by entering a zip code into a setup menu. I would love to change those to maybe towns where relatives live and things like that...
I might provide this in the future (for weather.com data, not the animations), but higher on my priority list are:

a) additional views of weather data
b) some options to determine whether:
(i) WRS returns to the last submenu that you were on if you return to WRS from some other part of the STV (currently you always get the "top left" submenu when you land in WRS); and
(ii) whether the current location is sticky when you return to WRS from another part of the STV (currently it always reverts to the first location in the list)

That said, in addition to graciously including WRS in his STV, Niel has already taken the bull by the horns and added to what I did with WRS (he made some nice modifications to make it weather.com license-compliant -- thanks to Niel for working out that sticky point!). So I wouldn't rule out the fact that perhaps he can be cajoled into providing an easier configuration process. He's nicer than I am Anyway, if I were to change the WRS code base, there's no guarantee that Niel would include the changes in his STV, but my impression is that he's a cooperative guy!

Quote:
...I noticed that the selection box appears to cover up part of the text in the menus. Also the text looks a little squished. I dont see that with the other STVs I have tried...
Is this in the Weather Report Suite menus or elsewhere or both?

Thanks,
Stuart

Last edited by salsbst; 09-04-2004 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Taking a look at Niel's code, it appears that, if you are Win2k or later, you will get the command:

cmd.exe /C start "console" /wait "C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe" -config config_dvd.xml

from that.
Thanks for the info. It appears that this method doesn't work for any parameters passed with a leading dash. I can't pass parameters to Meedio or Girder which is really limiting the capabilities of this menu system.
________
Laguna Bay Condominium Prathumnak

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
Thanks for the post Salsbst. The menu and font problems I am having are mainly in the TV viewing menus. They dont have anything to do with the weather portion of this STV. I encounter the abnormal fonts when trying to view already recorded shows and things of that sort.

Just as a side note. I really do appreciate what you contributors do to improve SageTV. I would love to see SageTV provide more to make it a full HTPC solution. Right now I see it as an awsome PVR with some HTPC capabilities. It would be wonderful to have everything included into Sage TV that most front ends have. Your guys work makes SageTV a better product day by day.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, I solved my own problem. In case anyone else ever runs into this problem:
Quote:
I'm having a problem passing parameters correctly when calling external apps. For example, running "C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe" -config config_dvd.xml from the start menu->run command works great. However when I try to run the same line from Nielm's STV it doesn't work.
<actionMenuItem title="DVD">
<actionList>
<extCommand
command="C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\Meedio.exe"
arguments="-config config_dvd.xml"
waitforexit="1"/>
</actionList>
</actionMenuItem>
I fixed it as follows:
<actionMenuItem
title="Play DVD"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\mlbdude\Default\mm_dvd.png">
<actionList>
<sageCommand command="Power Off" />
<extCommand command="C:\Progra~1\Meedio\Meedio~1\Meedio.exe"
arguments="-config C:\Progra~1\Meedio\Meedio~1\config_dvd.xml"
waitforexit="1" />
<sageCommand command="Power On" />
</actionList>
</actionMenuItem>

________
Headshops

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by salsbst
Are you talking about images or the weather.com info?

With the images, the updates should be noticeable even if you are parked on an animation (the new images are slipped into the animation when they are downloaded).

With the weather.com data, you have to move from one menu to another to see the update.
I checked 24 hours later and moved from one menu to another and one location to another and nothing updated. It was only after a reboot did the updates start again. I had been checking the radar in Florida too, and that never changed either until the reboot.

Seems to be working now, it has been updating today.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

Talking Re: Awesome! Kudos to nielm

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
I would like to see "all" of MlbDude2 menu options available in this STV and I noticed a few things that didn't work properly for me. I have some probable dumb questions as well. I'll compile them and let you know by time you return from vacation.
Nielm ... As promised, working with your new STV on my Sage Client for a some time now I have compiled some of my thoughts, questions and suggestions about an already terrific combo STV ...

See attachment below ... Your thoughts?

Once again ... THANKS!!! T.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nielm stv observations and features requests.zip (9.3 KB, 184 views)
Old 09-04-2004, 11:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Re: Re: Awesome! Kudos to nielm

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt (in his word doc in his zip file)
7. Weather Feed Locks Up Sage – I am not talking about Weather Suite here. When the Weather menu item is selected, it says it is loading, but just hangs SageTV. There is no way to break out, I have to close Sage and launch it again. Any thoughts?

8. Weather Suite - I was able to set it up to show my location via zip code and can see Local Conditions, National Conditions, Forecast, etc. But, when in Local Conditions, I am missing the Area Radar and Metro Radar buttons? Not sure why?? Also, under National Conditions the word Precipitation in the button says “Precipitatio” and then wraps the “n” around to the next line.
On #7, you say you're not talking about Weather Report Suite, and yet it sounds sort of like the "loading" message that Weather Report Suite delivers if it is launch before any data have been downloaded. Are you sure this isn't a WRS issue?

On #8, yes, that one has been seen in early testing by folks and is something that I will be looking into. No ETA on it as of now.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Re: Re: Awesome! Kudos to nielm

Quote:
On #7, you say you're not talking about Weather Report Suite, and yet it sounds sort of like the "loading" message that Weather Report Suite delivers if it is launch before any data have been downloaded. Are you sure this isn't a WRS issue?

On #8, yes, that one has been seen in early testing by folks and is something that I will be looking into. No ETA on it as of now.
Thanks Salsbst!

On #7 ... I have attached a JPG with both screen shots. It appears that it is not WRS ... Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but let me tell you anyway.

This is how my Sage grew up over time;

1 - SageTV out of the box.
2 - MlbDude2 1.8.7 overlaid
3 - MlbDude Weather Plug-in installed
4 - Nielm 1.2 STV overlaid

Since Nielm included Weather and WRS, I am not sure if there may be any issues when I moved from 3 to 4 above? Or not?

On #8 ... Thanks a lot, I eagerly await your update ...

Oh ... One other question ... Can the WRS text be changed to reflect shadowed or outlined text so it would stand out a bit better on light backgrounds?

Thanks ... T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weather no-load.jpg (306.7 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by mightyt; 09-04-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

On #7, still not clear to me whether this is WRS or not. I'll have to check when I get back from the weekend.

WRS font can be changed by Niel if he sees fit.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
WARNING: I am on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow! Any bugs found after today will have to wait!
3 days more!! ... Alright Nielm ... Your time is up!! No more hanging out by the shore relaxing!!

We need you back home all fresh and ready to tweak !!

Just Kidding!! After developing a great combo STV, you deserve the R&R ... In your absence this thread started to go stale a bit, so I thought I would refresh it ...

Actually, I have customized your STV with my Sage Client and even did a usability test with the fam. They are very happy. But, before I move it over to my Server I anxiously await your feedback form this thread ...

Two updates hold me back I am very spoiled with and used to using ...

1 - MlbDude2's new 2-pane "SageTV Recordings" and

2 - MlbDude2's "Upcoming Movies" Search

The others I mentioned earlier I don't mind waiting on and would make the move over to the Server and be a “little patient” ...

Anyway, let me be the first to say Welcome Back!!

Thanks, T.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On #7, still not clear to me whether this is WRS or not. I'll have to check when I get back from the weekend.

WRS font can be changed by Niel if he sees fit.
Hey Salsbst ... You back??

Wondering if you had any more thoughts on #7??

Also, on the font, I thought maybe it could be a properties file change. Um, but then again I guess you can't change font effects like shadow or outline ... Guess we'll see what Mr. Nielm has to say ...

Thanks, T.