SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Yeah I'm sure, it was working on Mlbdude's STV but when I switch to nielm it dosn't but if i switch back to Mlbdude it works. Could it be the way that I have my menu.xml file setup? Nielm I think you have done a great job and if cartoon network would start there shows at the right time this would not be a problem.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Sage User

Strange Problem

1st thing I gotta say is Nielm ..YOU ROCK ..your STV is awesome.

Ok now to my strange problem. I installed 1.5 STV and background comm detect works great no problem. Then I noticed an update to the commskip.exe version .31, so installed that, and voila background commdetect no longer works , however if I delete the empty .txt file and run it from ther info screen manually , it will detect and mark the commercials. So I went back and installed the original malorebeta comm skip (.30 i beleive)and the background detect works again.

By the way the commdetect works like a charm for me. Got me many more brownie points for WAF
Old 09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to have Malore's SageTV Recordings menu? I don't like mlbdude's as much because I can't see as many shows listed at once.

Also, can that same Malore style be applied to Archived Shows? I know Malore's STV doesn't even do this (don't know why not), but maybe you two could collaborate on it.

Forgive me if this is already an option. I haven't installed your STV yet, but from the screenshots, it looks like you use mlbdude styles. Thanks. Great work.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
Is it possible to have Malore's SageTV Recordings menu? I don't like mlbdude's as much because I can't see as many shows listed at once.

Also, can that same Malore style be applied to Archived Shows? I know Malore's STV doesn't even do this (don't know why not), but maybe you two could collaborate on it.

Forgive me if this is already an option. I haven't installed your STV yet, but from the screenshots, it looks like you use mlbdude styles. Thanks. Great work.
You might check here ... Nielm includes a bunch of Malore Internal Screens to be used at your option.

http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm...v/screens.html

Personally, I like MlbDude style better, but that's the great thing about Niel combining the best of everything. We all benefit ...

T.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool! That was the only reason I hadn't tried it yet. I see now that you can configure the top menu to link to malore's SageTV recordings menu (I think). It doesn't look easy, but if it works, it will be worth the effort.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Go to setup menu->detailed setup->enhancements->sagerecording style and select malore
Old 09-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Cool! That was the only reason I hadn't tried it yet. I see now that you can configure the top menu to link to malore's SageTV recordings menu (I think). It doesn't look easy, but if it works, it will be worth the effort.
Yep ... Turak is also right for the Sage Recording Style ... But the Internal Screens are great because you can put anyone of them anywhere ... top menu or you own sub menu ... It's very cool. Take a look at Menu.xml and relate it to what you see on screen. After about 20 minutes and a little trial and error you will see how you can customize Nielm menus with a more Malore flavor.

Enjoy ... T.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error:Unknown

Internal Screen "Malore Upcoming Movies"

I have tried to search this but too difficult. Any reasons why this comes up when trying to use Custom Menu>Upcoming movies (which I really really like
Old 09-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

First, great work! Second, when I delete a program that was comm skipped, it doesn't delete the text files. Is this the way it's suppose to work? Seems like a lot of text files would start piling up.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, that is the way it works. Currently you need to clean up the orphaned TXT files yourself.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
First, great work! Second, when I delete a program that was comm skipped, it doesn't delete the text files. Is this the way it's suppose to work? Seems like a lot of text files would start piling up.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey btw, when I look into my upcoming recoridng schedule some of my favorite recordings have a little F next to it and some don't. What does the little F stand for?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Hey btw, when I look into my upcoming recoridng schedule some of my favorite recordings have a little F next to it and some don't. What does the little F stand for?
The shows with the little F are "First Run" the ones without are "Re-Runs".

T.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
First Runs. It means that those shows aren't reruns.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato

Thanks
I use a perl script on a linux box that mounts my video directories to clean up orphaned txt files, but stranger89 posted a for statement that you could use in windows to clean them up. I suppose you could put it in a .bat file in your video directory.

open up notepad and paste the following into it:
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %i in ('dir /s/b *-0.txt') do if NOT EXIST %i.mpg (del %i.txt)
save it as something like cleantxt.bat. Put cleantxt.bat in your video directory. Double click cleantxt.bat whenever you want to get rid of orphaned txt files.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
I use a perl script on a linux box that mounts my video directories to clean up orphaned txt files, but stranger89 posted a for statement that you could use in windows to clean them up. I suppose you could put it in a .bat file in your video directory.

open up notepad and paste the following into it:
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %i in ('dir /s/b *-0.txt') do if NOT EXIST %i.mpg (del %i.txt)
save it as something like cleantxt.bat. Put cleantxt.bat in your video directory. Double click cleantxt.bat whenever you want to get rid of orphaned txt files.
Hmmm ... Can this batch file then be called as an external command and added to a Sage Menu?

T.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Hmmm ... Can this batch file then be called as an external command and added to a Sage Menu?

T.
Why not just add the the /bat file to your scheduled tasks and run it every night...

-Jason
Old 09-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Why not just add the the /bat file to your scheduled tasks and run it every night...

-Jason
Excellent point ... the painless approach ... THANKS! T.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error: unknown

NM I fixed it.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Sage Expert

Nielm, I would really like for you to include Laurenglenn's multiple file comskip routine.

Also, a major help would be if a favorite could be set to only record up to a certain number of shows...and then stop (not keep replacing as is now the case). That way if I record 5 Raymonds...I don't waste any more time recording more. And, I don't have to keep comskipping new Raymonds. This would help comskip keep up with the recordings. Right now, some shows are recorded so often (even when set to only record 5 shows) that I can't keep up with comskip.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I finally installed Nielm (we really need an integrated installer BTW, all those seperate ZIP extractions are very annoying). I selected Malore SageTV Recordings, which is very cool.

Any idea why I am getting ghost shadows of all the menus and text? I can barely read the menus because every selection overlaps the previous menu with some sort of transparency, about 50%. I tried turning 3D off and get the same results. What the heck? I have an ATI 8500 and the latest Catalyst drivers. I really want to use this skin, but it is unusable for me as is.