SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
What kind of corrupted data? Do you mean like wrong dates and such? Does doing it directly in this way adjust quickly to channel lineup changes? Like say, if the user was to disable a channel or add a new one?
On my Window machine I kept losing channels .... Sometimes only the OTA had the guide.... I prefer it getting directly from channels DVR ... Just have an update of the EPG scheduled every 3 hours no longer have to generate the file then update.

The generated file for some reason sometimes was corrupted.... maybe it got generated during an update and was only getting partial data.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-08-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Code:
xmltv.files=http://10.0.0.2:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600
Can not believe you using the URL directly. I added that feature but was having some issuse with it so I never put it in the release notes. Good to know it is working.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
Code:
Can not believe you using the URL directly. I added that feature but was having some issuse with it so I never put it in the release notes. Good to know it is working.
You did an outstanding job ... works like a charm.

Code:
08-02-2022 18:46:53,284 Parseing http://10.0.0.2:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-08-2022 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would like to try using ChannelsDVR to update the guide as nyplayer outlines, but need some help (this is on Windows 10).

I guess my first question is whether this can be added as a regular plugin rather than what seems to be a manual plugin install from the 'Updated XMLTV' thread snip below:

Code:
1. Stop SageTV Server
2. Rename on add/modify/ xmltv_EXAMPLE.properties examples
3. Copy all files and folder contents(not folder) of folder SAGETV_SERVER_ROOT to SageTV folder. Only Jar and *.properties are required if not compiling required
4. Add the following line in Sage.properties epg/epg_import_plugin=xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin
5. Start SageTV Server
6. Monitor in server folder xmltv.log, sagetv_0.txt,Sage.properties. If epg/epg_import_plugin=xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin is removed from Sage.properties something is installed not correctly
7. In SageTV guide setup use XMLTV with zipcode 00000. If ask for license use TRIAL
I'm guessing that step 2 above has to be done in either case, but that's where I get lost.
Quote:
2. Rename on add/modify/ xmltv_EXAMPLE.properties examples
So I assume the first step would be to edit that file and delete the sources I don't want.
Code:
configurations=xmltv_XTEVE.properties,xmltv_ANT_60177.properties,xmltv_boukmandutty.properties,xmltv_nyplayer.properties
and I'd end up with a file named 'xmltv_EXAMPLES.properties' that contains just
Code:
xmltv_nyplayer.properties
which would in turn contain:

Code:
provider.name=nyplayer
provider.id=300
xmltv.files=/unraid/appdata/xmltvdata/nyplayer_epgdata.xml
xmltv.channel.display-name.ShortNameIndex=2
xmltv.channel.display-name.LongNameIndex=1
xmltv.channel.NumberTag=lcn
xmltv.channel.NumberTagIndex=1
xmltv.channel.IconDownload=true
title.add.year=true
log.show=false
log.channel=false
log.configuration=false
log.defaults=false
Here is what nyplayer shows as his xmltv.properties file in an earlier post:

Code:
configurations=xmltv.properties
provider.name=nyplayer
provider.id=300
title.add.year=false
episode.name.add.episode.number=false
Does step 2 above really mean that you want to end up with a file named 'xmltv.properties' for the plugin to use and for my case looks like nyplayer's file above?

I understand that the ChannelsDVR guide only grabs 3 hours of data, so this code is used in W64:

Windows 64
Code:
curl http://127.0.0.1:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600 -o C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\epgdata.xml
curl http://sage:frey@127.0.0.1:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=ForceEpgUpdate
So if I skip Step 2 at the top and just add nyplayer's xmltv.properties file, then create a curl command file and run it as a scheduled task am I there?
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 03-12-2022, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes you need a file name xmltv.properties in the sagetv directory ...

With my contents if using channelsdvr.. Your channels IP might be different. The rest you can just copy over the jar.

Code:
onfigurations=xmltv.properties
provider.name=channelsdvr
provider.id=300
title.add.year=false
episode.name.add.episode.number=false

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-12-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using the Channels TVE, OpenDCT, Sage, Comskip, and the Firestick 4K to tune, record and play Sage recordings. Occasionally I am recording two programs at once via my 24mbs ISP connection.

Every other day or so I see a recording that has a 2-3 minute delay at the beginning, and often those recordings have seeking issues - they respond to any seek command by jumping back to the end of the delay/beginning of the actual recording. I record them on ChannelsDVR as well, and those same recording seek and play just fine.

Suggestions on where to look?
Old 03-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have that problem sometimes myself. It has diminished over time though, to the point where I hardly see it.

I could never narrow down the cause. I came to the conclusion (Of course I might be wrong!) that it might be linked to opendct since, as you point out, Channels DVR tunes and records those instances flawlessly.

I have tried pre tuning commands but they dont seem to help. Neither does using streamlink instead of directly using ffmpeg. Eventually I decided to wait for opendct to be updated.

Anyway, like I said, I havent seen the error in quite a bit. Have you updated to the latest beta of channels dvr? I am wondering if that might have helped me to reduce it.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Have that problem sometimes myself. It has diminished over time though, to the point where I hardly see it.

Anyway, like I said, I havent seen the error in quite a bit. Have you updated to the latest beta of channels dvr? I am wondering if that might have helped me to reduce it.
I've updated it a few times over the past month or so, but I'l do it again and see if that makes a difference. That short non-record at the beginning of a recording seems to be the trigger.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I've updated it a few times over the past month or so, but updated again at your suggestion. Went from 2022.03.23.0209 to ..... 0255. Hopefully that improves things. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2022, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I could never narrow down the cause. I came to the conclusion (Of course I might be wrong!) that it might be linked to opendct since, as you point out, Channels DVR tunes and records those instances flawlessly.

I have tried pre tuning commands but they dont seem to help. Neither does using streamlink instead of directly using ffmpeg. Eventually I decided to wait for opendct to be updated.

I have my OPENDCT to send the RAW stream ....
"opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl" on all my tuners Including TVE and have not had a failed recording since the change or tuning failure.

Channels DVR already does a good job of cleaning the stream

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-24-2022 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will definitely try that. I haven't messed around with the setup for the longest while now. Aside from the error at the beginning of the occasional recording as described it has been super stable... Well that and power outages. I need to get a UPS battery for the server for the coming tornado season.

Last edited by boukmandutty; 03-24-2022 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Will definitely try that. I haven't messed around with the setup for the longest while now. Aside from the error at the beginning of the occasional recording as described it has been super stable... Well that and power outages. I need to get a UPS battery for the server for the coming tornado season.
If using linux/docker you have to change the consumer in every tuner ... on windows you only have to change the dynamic consumer.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If using linux/docker you have to change the consumer in every tuner ... on windows you only have to change the dynamic consumer.
I am on linux and checked to see that I actually still had everything set to dynamic, like so...

Quote:
consumer=opendct.consumer.DynamicConsumerImpl
Old 03-24-2022, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am on linux and checked to see that I actually still had everything set to dynamic, like so...
One thing you will no longer see the spinning wheel while SageTV is tuning using Raw... You will see a blank screen Instead then the show.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Oh, I think I get it... If Channels is producing a clean recording but then sends it to Sage via
Code:
"consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl"
(whatever that does - it must transcode for Sage using FFmpeg?)
and we get errors when playing back on Sage, then it makes sense to just send the raw product from Channels to Sage via
Code:
"consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl".
So Channels does for us what "FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl" was supposed to do?
Old 03-24-2022, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
Oh, I think I get it... If Channels is producing a clean recording but then sends it to Sage via
Code:
"consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl"
(whatever that does - it must transcode for Sage using FFmpeg?)
and we get errors when playing back on Sage, then it makes sense to just send the raw product from Channels to Sage via
Code:
"consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl".
So Channels does for us what "FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl" was supposed to do?
Yes.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Running a Linux server.

I checked my logs and it seems that simply changing the relevant line to read:
Quote:
default=opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl
does the trick. When I tune a channel it defaults to the RawSageTVConsumerImpl even if the individual tuner is listed as dynamic

Quote:
sagetv.device.-862556162.consumer=opendct.consumer.DynamicConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.-862556162.custom_channels=
sagetv.device.-862556162.delay_to_wait_after_tuning=0
sagetv.device.-862556162.device_name=tuner8
Quote:
02:16:42.614 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] DEBUG InputStreamCaptureDeviceServices - Stopping producer thread...
02:16:42.614 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] DEBUG BasicCaptureDevice - Consumer is not in progress.
02:16:42.614 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] DEBUG DynamicConsumerImpl - Using default consumer 'opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl' for channel '6036'
02:16:42.615 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] INFO GenericPipeCaptureDevice - Starting the encoding for the channel '6036' from the device 'tuner8' to the file '/mnt/
Sagetv_NasRecordings/ReadyPlayerOne-26325258-2.ts' via the upload id '131714970'...
02:16:42.615 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] DEBUG GenericPipeCaptureDevice - Executing: '/opt/opendct/StreamLink.sh 6036'
02:16:42.616 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] INFO GenericPipeCaptureDevice - Configuring and starting the new SageTV producer...
02:16:42.616 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] DEBUG InputStreamCaptureDeviceServices - Stopping producer thread...
02:16:42.616 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] INFO GenericPipeCaptureDevice - Configuring and starting the new SageTV consumer...
02:16:42.616 [SageTVRequestHandler-83:tuner8] DEBUG BasicCaptureDevice - Consumer is not in progress.
02:16:42.616 [RawSageTVConsumerImpl-110:tuner8] DEBUG RawSageTVConsumerImpl - Thread priority is 9.
02:16:42.616 [RawSageTVConsumerImpl-110:tuner8] INFO RawSageTVConsumerImpl - Raw consumer thread is now running.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Running a Linux server.

I checked my logs and it seems that simply changing the relevant line to read:

does the trick. When I tune a channel it defaults to the RawSageTVConsumerImpl even if the individual tuner is listed as dynamic
Good to know ... have you seen any difference.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm using the Channels TVE, OpenDCT, Sage, Comskip, and the Firestick 4K to tune, record and play Sage recordings. Occasionally I am recording two programs at once via my 24mbs ISP connection.

Every other day or so I see a recording that has a 2-3 minute delay at the beginning, and often those recordings have seeking issues - they respond to any seek command by jumping back to the end of the delay/beginning of the actual recording. I record them on ChannelsDVR as well, and those same recording seek and play just fine.

Suggestions on where to look?
I've changed to the raw consumer as suggested above, but still seeing the delays. I have a question about the setup, however. If the tuner code:

Code:
c\:\\FFMPEG\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://192.168.1.143\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/hls/master.m3u8? -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -
but the consumer code is:
Code:
consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl
I think the tuner code tells OpenDCT to run the stream through FFMpeg, but the consumer code says 'just use what Channels produces' (which I think runs it through it's own version of FFMpeg). Which one takes precedence? Also, I understand Sage works best with MKV files. Is there any way/advantage to have OpenDCT produce MKV? For me, Channels is producing .mpg files for Channels recordings and Channels/OpenDCT/Sage is producing .ts files for Sage recordings. Also, I believe Sage Transcoder passes files through it's own FFMpeg as well (under some configurations?). I use the Firestick. Does that also manipulate the recording?

It must be obvious that my understanding is sketchy at best, but hopefully someone understands my misunderstanding and can help me with these delays/seeking issues.

BTW, at this point I am only seeing the delay/seeking error on a TVE local source and on the one or two programs I record from that source.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've changed to the raw consumer as suggested above, but still seeing the delays. I have a question about the setup, however. If the tuner code:

Code:
c\:\\FFMPEG\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://192.168.1.143\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/hls/master.m3u8? -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -
but the consumer code is:
Code:
consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl
I think the tuner code tells OpenDCT to run the stream through FFMpeg, but the consumer code says 'just use what Channels produces' (which I think runs it through it's own version of FFMpeg). Which one takes precedence? Also, I understand Sage works best with MKV files. Is there any way/advantage to have OpenDCT produce MKV? For me, Channels is producing .mpg files for Channels recordings and Channels/OpenDCT/Sage is producing .ts files for Sage recordings. Also, I believe Sage Transcoder passes files through it's own FFMpeg as well (under some configurations?). I use the Firestick. Does that also manipulate the recording?

It must be obvious that my understanding is sketchy at best, but hopefully someone understands my misunderstanding and can help me with these delays/seeking issues.

BTW, at this point I am only seeing the delay/seeking error on a TVE local source and on the one or two programs I record from that source.
I do not use input hls below is what I use ... Because Channels creates mpg. I also set consumer.raw.upload_id_enabled=true to false ... consumer.ffmpeg.upload_id_enabled=true to false

consumer.ffmpeg.upload_id_enabled=false
consumer.raw.upload_id_enabled=false
If set true, these will use the Media Server (upload id) feature of SageTV instead of writing directly to the file when recording.

http\://10.0.0.2\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/stream.mpg?format\=ts -c copy -f mpegts -

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-07-2022 at 03:30 PM.