SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-06-2022, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Oddly, even though the xml properties file only points to Hulu-TVE, the Spectrum-TVE lineup channels are showing in Sage, too. The 3 Hallmark channels are not available in Hulu, but they do appear in the SageTV lineup, so somehow it's grabbing them from the Spectrum lineup anyways, which may actually work.

In the SageTV Web interface, I see that the channel logos are showing, but not in the SageTV UI (Gemstone on an HD300 for example).
Old 08-06-2022, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Your xmltv.properties would look like this ... but this gets complicated ... I chose to give everything to Sage and just disable the channels I did not want.
Code:
configurations=xmltv_Hulu.properties,xmltv_Spectrum.properties

Then you have to create a xmltv_Hulu.properties
Code:
provider.name=HULU
provider.id=300
xmltv.files=http://192.168.254.241:8089/devices/TVE-Hulu/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600
xmltv.channel.display-name.ShortNameIndex=2
xmltv.channel.display-name.LongNameIndex=1
xmltv.channel.NumberTag=lcn
xmltv.channel.NumberTagIndex=1
xmltv.channel.IconDownload=true
title.add.year=false
episode.name.add.episode.number=false
The create a xmltv_Spectrum.properties
Code:
provider.name=Spectrum
provider.id=600
xmltv.files=http://192.168.254.241:8089/devices/TVE-Spectrum/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600
xmltv.channel.display-name.ShortNameIndex=2
xmltv.channel.display-name.LongNameIndex=1
xmltv.channel.NumberTag=lcn
xmltv.channel.NumberTagIndex=1
xmltv.channel.IconDownload=true
title.add.year=false
episode.name.add.episode.number=false

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-06-2022 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, the way mine is currently configured, it's presenting all the Channels DVR TVE channels (from both TVE sources) to SageTV and then I enabled/disabled them as applicable and it worked. I may like your solution better, though, so I don't have to copy one sources guide data to another.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Yeah, the way mine is currently configured, it's presenting all the Channels DVR TVE channels (from both TVE sources) to SageTV and then I enabled/disabled them as applicable and it worked. I may like your solution better, though, so I don't have to copy one sources guide data to another.
As far as The Show logos I think Sagetv has problem rendering some of them if you scroll through the guide some show up others don't
Old 08-06-2022, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Correction, the logos are working almost perfectly on the HD300 (Gemstone) but not on the SageTV client running on PC.

This is fantastic.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Correction, the logos are working almost perfectly on the HD300 (Gemstone) but not on the SageTV client running on PC.

This is fantastic.
Yeah it is I was able to get rid of 2 Settop rentals ... and for $80 dollars a year I use Channels as an unlimited tuner ... so I saved money in the long run.

I setup SageTV with everything from Channels DVR and 40 tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-06-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, so I added the HuluTVE1 device, apparently I got the XML stuff configured properly because all the 6000 stations are now appearing in the SageTV guide. When I attempt to tune a channel, it says NO SIGNAL.

I must have something wrong with the tuning executable.
I am not currently a Hulu + Live TV subscriber, but am always interested in other directions to head when the day comes that Spectrum disables cable card. You mention that there are 6000 stations showing up in the SageTV guide, but I only see less than 100 stations advertised for the Hulu + Live TV service. What do the other 5900 stations have on them?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 08-06-2022, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I am not currently a Hulu + Live TV subscriber, but am always interested in other directions to head when the day comes that Spectrum disables cable card. You mention that there are 6000 stations showing up in the SageTV guide, but I only see less than 100 stations advertised for the Hulu + Live TV service. What do the other 5900 stations have on them?
What he meant is that Hulu LiveTV numbering in SageTV starts with 6000 to avoid conflicts with other channels.

https://getchannels.com/docs/channel...lability/#Hulu
Old 08-06-2022, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Hulu Live TV for about $70/month ended up being pretty good. The only thing I totally miscalculated on was the complete lack of Hallmark Channels, so the family wasn't too happy about that.

I terminated Spectrum cable services about 4 or 5 months ago (kept their Internet). For the family that is using Channels DVR, they didn't even notice (except the one that likes Hallmark) that I switched from Spectrum TVE to Hulu Live TVE.

I figured that Spectrum would have another intro deal for me by now, so I called them a few days ago and surprisingly they had a brand new deal called TV Essentials 60 (actually more like 80 or 90 channels) for just $20/month that has a lot of the cable TV channels that we watch (including Hallmark so it filled that Hulu gap). The key here is that Essentials has NO local channels, so no $21 broadcast surcharge tacked on, in fact the total addition to my bill was $21/month, tax included. I get the locals with HDHR OTA.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hulu Live TV for about $70/month ended up being pretty good. The only thing I totally miscalculated on was the complete lack of Hallmark Channels, so the family wasn't too happy about that.

I terminated Spectrum cable services about 4 or 5 months ago (kept their Internet). For the family that is using Channels DVR, they didn't even notice (except the one that likes Hallmark) that I switched from Spectrum TVE to Hulu Live TVE.

I figured that Spectrum would have another intro deal for me by now, so I called them a few days ago and surprisingly they had a brand new deal called TV Essentials 60 (actually more like 80 or 90 channels) for just $20/month that has a lot of the cable TV channels that we watch (including Hallmark so it filled that Hulu gap). The key here is that Essentials has NO local channels, so no $21 broadcast surcharge tacked on, in fact the total addition to my bill was $21/month, tax included. I get the locals with HDHR OTA.
Philo is also a bargain for those that like Hallmark.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Interesting. Is TV Essentials 60 streaming only, or would it work with my existing HDHR Prime/cablecard setup?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 08-07-2022, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Interesting. Is TV Essentials 60 streaming only, or would it work with my existing HDHR Prime/cablecard setup?
Streaming only as I understand it. About 36 hours after they enabled the channels for streaming I re-tested my old SageTV WMC7 system with cablecard and it said that I needed a subscription for all the channels (even locals). They aren't charging me for the cablecard anymore and they said they don't even want it back.

When I called in and spoke with sales, they weren't able to get Essentials going and had to forward me to retentions instead as they are using it as a tool to maintain subscribers.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Oh, and so far in my experience most of the TVE channels have captions that can be toggled on and off in Sage, which was not possible with my other HDMI encoders previously.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

There are numerous TVE programs where comskip simply isn't finding any commercials, even when forcing it to run manually on a program. For those of you getting TVE feeds like this are you using a tweaked comskip to get it to work effectively?
Old 08-10-2022, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
There are numerous TVE programs where comskip simply isn't finding any commercials, even when forcing it to run manually on a program. For those of you getting TVE feeds like this are you using a tweaked comskip to get it to work effectively?

Following....
Comskip processed two of three recordings today; On the other hand, since the ISP speed got sorted a couple days ago (cable modem wasn't accessing bonded channels) the two that were comskipped were nearly perfect. I'll check my logs and see if there's any hints. Also, (via firestick) seeking is better than it's ever been. Quicker than anything else (Channels, Prime, Netflix, etc).
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 08-10-2022, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You know that ChannelsDVR uses it's own way of checking commercials in TVE and not comskip.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/...ve-pluto/30389
Old 08-10-2022, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
You know that ChannelsDVR uses it's own way of checking commercials in TVE and not comskip.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/...ve-pluto/30389
Can that be leveraged to work in SageTV based on the spirit of this thread?
Old 08-22-2022, 08:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Philo is also a bargain for those that like Hallmark.
And Frndlytv is another option. Frndly also has GACF & BYUTV (they carry some good "hallmark"-ish type movies also, and I ignore the BYU propaganda itself.)
Cheaper if you don't need all of the other stuff from Philo.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
And Frndlytv is another option. Frndly also has GACF & BYUTV (they carry some good "hallmark"-ish type movies also, and I ignore the BYU propaganda itself.)
Cheaper if you don't need all of the other stuff from Philo.
Friendly TV is ok but not officially supported by Channels DVR ... you have to rely on a third party.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Over the last day or two I am no longer able to tune channels 6108 through 6113. I call up a channel, and watch the Channels DVR web interface but there is nothing happening. Everything tunes fine with Channels DVR software (Hulu TV), just not in Sage.

I assume Channels DVR changed something with the tuning that SageTV hasn't picked up on?