SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-01-2021, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
So you installed the plugin I mentioned, went into Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize->Captions Playback Options, and set External Captions Default State to ON, but the external subtitles still aren't enabled automatically?

I've done this on 3 Windows clients and Mini-client and it works fine on each.
It does not work... on my FireTV Mini client ... going to fireup my Shield see if it works there. I see it works on Windows Clients.

Maybe I have a Plugin clash or the sage.jar I am using. I am going to try on clean Install.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-01-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

That property I suggested should always be on. Did you confirm “English” is listed in the GUI as an available selection? The property must match one of the choices in the GUI list.

Some log file entries from failed at show change and manual enabling subtitles would help.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
So you installed the plugin I mentioned, went into Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize->Captions Playback Options, and set External Captions Default State to ON, but the external subtitles still aren't enabled automatically?

I've done this on 3 Windows clients and Mini-client and it works fine on each.
I got a hold of John and it appears it does not work with just any type of file I am curious of what type of fails you are testing on maybe mpg.

From John

Hi, I haven't touched that plugin for years, but just had a quick look and it seems to be working for all the files that SageTV recognises as having subtitles.
I am seeing a problem with my SageTV client with not recognising subtitles embedded in .mkv and external .sub
All of those work fine on HD300
I'm going on holiday for a couple of weeks, so won't get to have a better look at it until I'm back

John