SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 03-09-2023, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

How are you capturing the 4K content?

Is anyone doing 4K from an ATSC 3.0 signal yet using and HDHR 4K?
Old 03-09-2023, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

I use ChannelsDVR M3U tuner and guide data in SageTV.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66804
Old 03-09-2023, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

SageTV cannot decode AC4 Audio Which ATSC 3.0 is encoded with.
Old 03-09-2023, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I use ChannelsDVR M3U tuner and guide data in SageTV.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66804
But how does the TV signal get into Channels DVR - does it come in through TV Everywhere?
Old 03-09-2023, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SageTV cannot decode AC4 Audio Which ATSC 3.0 is encoded with.
That sucks. Could it be remuxed or could an AC4 decoder be installed in Sage?

And what do you use to playback the content? An NVidia shield? SageTV client running on a PC?
Old 03-09-2023, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

And what do you use to playback the content? An NVidia shield? SageTV client running on a PC?
I use this Client with FireTV 4K and Max and Cube.

I tried setting the Client to transcode, but it could not decode the audio to transcode.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bug in Recordings => Views => Menu Options item

I believe there may be some bugs in the "Views" menu (Recordings => Views => Menu Options) that does not allow the user to edit (delete chrs) in the View name in the Menu Display Options pane.

If one selects a view, and then opens the Menu Options item and selects Rename the "[View Name]" view, in the "keyboard menu" the view name is not displayed (1).

The field appears nonfuctionl as if one types additional charachters these do not show in the text area on top, but are appeneded to the exsisting text "Archived Recordings" when saved.

It also does not appear that the Delete or Clear keys function in the on screen keyboard (2)

Clicking the Next button opens a secondary keyboard (std GUI keyboard). While the view name text appears in this menu, only the Left and right keys appear to work to move the cursor. One cannot access the keyboard below for editing.

One can reset the view to restore the default view name.
SD HDHR3-CC w/ RCN Cable FW:20161116
SD HDHR-US (OTA) FW:20150615
Firestick-Lite with Android Mini-Client
Old 03-15-2023, 04:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

not yet.
i will if they ever get it on the air in NYC
Old 03-15-2023, 04:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

i have played back content from an nvidia shield, which is set to passthrough the audio and then my AVR handles the audio.

maybe an audio passtrhough (and not decode) would be a good addition to sageTV?
Old 03-16-2023, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

I think it is going to be quite a while before local channels are broadcasting in 4k on ATSC 3.0. That's because they are currently required to broadcast on ATSC 2.0 as well. Between all the sub channels being broadcast and the bandwidth that 2.0 takes, there just isn't enough "spare" bandwidth to broadcast in 4k. If/when ATSC 2.0 is shut down, I think we'll see stations move to 4k, but not before.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 03-16-2023, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I think it is going to be quite a while before local channels are broadcasting in 4k on ATSC 3.0. That's because they are currently required to broadcast on ATSC 2.0 as well. Between all the sub channels being broadcast and the bandwidth that 2.0 takes, there just isn't enough "spare" bandwidth to broadcast in 4k. If/when ATSC 2.0 is shut down, I think we'll see stations move to 4k, but not before.
That's kind of annoying. There have been cable channels that have been having some content in 4K. For example, all Toronto Blue Jays home games have been in 4K since the 2016 season.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

They are DRMing ATSC 3.0 Signals anyway so SageTV will never be able to record or play them.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
They are DRMing ATSC 3.0 Signals anyway so SageTV will never be able to record or play them.
That sucks! Are you sure they are doing that for all channels, or just premium channels?
Old 03-16-2023, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That sucks! Are you sure they are doing that for all channels, or just premium channels?
They are slowly doing it...

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/...ic.php?t=77618
Old 03-16-2023, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interesting - thanks. I was going to buy one of those HDHR 4K tuners but I guess there is no point.

The transition to 4K is going so slowly for content vs hardware. I got my first HDTV 21 years ago as my daughter was born (she just turned 21) and I figured I wouldn't be able to go out as much so better have good AV at home. The first HD content I watched was the NCAA Basketball tournament that year!

Meanwhile, we have been buying 4K TVs for well over 7-8 years, and pretty much every TV over 30" is 4K. But only a small portion of the content is now 4K. The best place to get 4K content is streamers like Netflix which has had 4K content since 2014.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:12 AM
Sage Icon

Last night was one of the first times that I was watching content on my 4k TV and actually noticed a difference in resolution. We were watching Suits on Amazon Prime and it clearly was being streamed in 4k. Honestly it was glorious.

I know I've watched other 4k content, but for some reason this content really stuck out as being much high resolution. Perhaps it's because I've seen the content in HD quality previously, so I had some frame of reference to compare it to.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 03-17-2023, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't have a 4K cable box at home, but I can clearly tell a difference between HD and 4K when watching sports, which I have done at friends' homes. Especially on larger TVs.

And it is even more evident if you A/B comparisons with the HD channel.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I noticed an issue on the mini client used on nvidia shield as well as on firestick. Under Flow Options -> Customize, there is a setting to turn the "watched" icons on or off. The app won't let me change it to on. I can click on it but it never changes.

My client on one of my PCs does let me change it so I assume its not a gemstone issue.

I've tried it with the device remote, with an attached keyboard, and with an attached mouse. None of them take.

Is there something else I should be doing to turn it on?

BG Fanart also seems to be locked from changes but I don't use BF Fanart anyway.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2023, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
I noticed an issue on the mini client used on nvidia shield as well as on firestick. Under Flow Options -> Customize, there is a setting to turn the "watched" icons on or off. The app won't let me change it to on. I can click on it but it never changes.

My client on one of my PCs does let me change it so I assume its not a gemstone issue.

I've tried it with the device remote, with an attached keyboard, and with an attached mouse. None of them take.

Is there something else I should be doing to turn it on?

BG Fanart also seems to be locked from changes but I don't use BF Fanart anyway.

Thanks!
Likely a gemstone issue. I have seen it long ago but can't recall what caused or solved it. You could try exporting the settings on the PC client and importing on the mini client and see if that resolves it.

k
Old 03-18-2023, 10:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Likely a gemstone issue. I have seen it long ago but can't recall what caused or solved it. You could try exporting the settings on the PC client and importing on the mini client and see if that resolves it.

k
Thanks. I should have mentioned that in my first post. I tried that prior to my post but that did not work.