SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 12-15-2021, 04:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
What a difference when using the miniclient on the 4K MAX ... no problem at all playing MPEG2 with hardware decoding. Quick response on GUI.

@Josh ...

Is there any reason why SageTV cannot be moved to a USB Internal Storage flash drive. ?
What were the decoder settings you used for the Fire TV Stick 4K Max? I would like to get the MPEG2 hardware decoder working as well.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbojrab View Post
What were the decoder settings you used for the Fire TV Stick 4K Max? I would like to get the MPEG2 hardware decoder working as well.
The defaults ... but I do use OPENDCT on all my HDHomeRun units and that fixes any problems with the stream.

If you do not use OPENDCT you can try and set the miniclient to always remux..

Make sure you have the latest jar and SageTV transcoder plugin.
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66405
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66607

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-16-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You really should state what your source is .... As using OPENDCT with connects the mpeg2 has no problem what so ever using EXOPLAYER.
Happens on ShieldTV as well as all of my FireTV devices. I do have OPENDCT in place. I will say that the video quality looks better (Smoother) with EXOPLAYER my only annoyance is it's issues with skipping. If I just let it play and don't skip it's great.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Happens on ShieldTV as well as all of my FireTV devices. I do have OPENDCT in place. I will say that the video quality looks better (Smoother) with EXOPLAYER my only annoyance is it's issues with skipping. If I just let it play and don't skip it's great.
I do not have problems skipping rewinding ... holding down rewind etc ... Are you sure you are using the defaults in your MiniClient and have the sage,jar from Josh also the sagetvtranscoder plugin ?

if you do ...
You might want to clear all data on your SageTV miniclient and start over with the defaults.
Old 12-17-2021, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
I never had good playback on the MiniClient without either using transcoding or recording with OpenDCT with EXOPLAYER. Even though the MiniClient should be able to remux the same as OpenDCT I could never get it to work. Not sure if remuxing in the client is even working. Nvidia Shield and FireTV sticks 4k have enough power for using Dynamic Mode. Non 4k will require fixed and always transcode with a bit rate 8K.

Try installing the the transcoder plugin and updated profiles for remuxing. Then Remux one video and try it. It should work.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66607
Old 12-17-2021, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

This is a short vide of how fast it seeks with everything Josh has provided jar miniclient.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rH9...ew?usp=sharing
Old 12-17-2021, 08:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
I decided to update my SageTV Docker installation so Android Mini Client would work better. Below is a HOWTO for installing everything below in one UnRaid docker container:
That's a great list. Does jv711_MediaFormatParserPlugin actually work on linux? I could never quite understand that - I went through manual installation steps but couldn't tell! I probably didn't follow the thread fully.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Transcode MP4 to MKV?

So I am very happy with the performance and stability of the mini-client, but it is frustrating not to be able to play MP4 movies. Is there a way for the Sage server to transcode MP4s to a MKV file as needed?
Old 12-17-2021, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtallan View Post
That's a great list. Does jv711_MediaFormatParserPlugin actually work on linux? I could never quite understand that - I went through manual installation steps but couldn't tell! I probably didn't follow the thread fully.
No I thought it would but currently it has dependence on windows DLL's. Jv711 mention a another user submitted changes for Linux but he has not release as of yet. Good news it will fallback to the transcoder. You read the details in the MediaFormatParserPlugin thread.
Old 12-29-2021, 07:47 PM
Sage User

This miniclient is very cool. I've tried installing it on a couple of Fire TV Stick 4K's and a 4K Max. I haven't studied the entire thread here but I have things mostly working with Exo Player with only a few errors popping up from time to time.

One thing I've noticed is that if I choose "Use Source" for audio channels I only get stereo, or maybe 3 channels. If I choose 5.1, I get 5.1 for the same sources. I'm testing with a Dolby channel check MVK file that has 7.1 audio.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I picked up a cheap Galaxy Tab A7. I loaded up the miniclient and watched a local station (mpeg2 with HDHR Prime cable card) and it's fantastic - very smooth video using the default [Exoplayer].

I then tried to watch another show from a capture unit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKMPCZH/
(mp4 recording)
which gave me an "Exo2mediaplayer - unexpected runtime error"
When I switch to IJK player, it does play, but the video isn't very smooth.

Is there a way I can get Exoplayer to play the mp4 content?

(I did try and use IJK player with the mpeg2 content and the video wasn't as smooth, and it pixelates heavily every time I enter a recording and when it skips commercials)
Old 12-30-2021, 06:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone know how to remove a server from the Firestick 4K Sage app without uninstalling and re-installing? I have three and want to just keep one of them.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 12-30-2021, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

tap and hold the server, should give you the option to remove
Old 12-30-2021, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Josh,

There is confusion on what Jar to use if you can please clarify this ...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...249#post632249
Old 12-31-2021, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Server 9.2.6

Does 9.2.6 version include the Patched Sage.jar for HD transcoding?
Old 01-01-2022, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Does 9.2.6 version include the Patched Sage.jar for HD transcoding?
Right now I am also confused only Josh can answer this for sure.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
So I am very happy with the performance and stability of the mini-client, but it is frustrating not to be able to play MP4 movies. Is there a way for the Sage server to transcode MP4s to a MKV file as needed?
So now that I have actually followed ALL of the instructions regarding the Android client, everything gets transcoded on the fly to the client with outstanding results!
Old 01-02-2022, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Josh,

There is confusion on what Jar to use if you can please clarify this ...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...249#post632249
Hi Edwin,

Saw your message on Patreon. Happy New Year! 9.2.6 has all changes that I have added to SageTV. It includes HD Transcoding and Remuxing. I generally post my changes to the core SageTV project, but they need to wait until there is a new release posted. That is why I post beta Sage.jar files. They are generally only needed until the next version of SageTV is released.

This is a good place to check: https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo...r/CHANGELOG.md

I have been working a lot on Android Client over the holidays....

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi Edwin,

Saw your message on Patreon. Happy New Year! 9.2.6 has all changes that I have added to SageTV. It includes HD Transcoding and Remuxing. I generally post my changes to the core SageTV project, but they need to wait until there is a new release posted. That is why I post beta Sage.jar files. They are generally only needed until the next version of SageTV is released.

This is a good place to check: https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo...r/CHANGELOG.md

Thanks,
Josh
Great happy new Year thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi Edwin,

Thanks,
Josh
You might want to remove the Jar from your first post it is 922.... once again thanks.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-02-2022 at 09:39 AM.