SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Ahhhh. That makes much more sense. I would assume I might need to do some magic to allow it. Did it give any errors, or is the option just greyed out? If it is an easy change I would try and make it. I can not think of any specific reason it would not be moveable.

Josh
The Option is not there but don't sweat it... take a few days off. ..
Old 11-02-2021, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
Yes, I did that recently from a hotel room. And I don't believe you have to tell it the port number if you are forwarding the default port, 31099, in your home router to your Sage box.
That being the case, any other reason you can think of why I can’t connect?
I can get in with 8080, and can use AirVideo & Plex, but can’t get Sage to connect with either a Firestick or HD300.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-03-2021, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I have the Firestick 4k connecting remotely without issue, but haven't tried the HD300 yet. I tested it by connecting the Firestick my phone's hotspot, then use it remotely otherwise, remembering that in a hotel there is usually some form of user/password that I have to enter in the Firestick to use the hotel wifi.

I do recall one problem setting it up initially. After setting up port forwarding on my router, I still couldn't get it connected remotely. Then I remembered that the last cable modem I received from Spectrum also had to have port forwarding enabled, and I had to forward the port through the Spectrum cable modem into my own router IP, then that same port from the router to the server IP. The Spectrum cable modem provides my router with its own IP - for example, the cable modem sees my router as 192.168.0.10 (or something like that) while my router assigns IP addresses to my local network devices as 192.168.1.XXX.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
Yes, I did that recently from a hotel room. And I don't believe you have to tell it the port number if you are forwarding the default port, 31099, in your home router to your Sage box.
So I got 31099 opened up, created a Server on Firestick, was greeted by the Sage login screen, which is all good.
However, I can enter my user/pass credentials with the crappy Firestick keyboard, but when I hit the “Login” button, the keyboard pops back up, instead of logging in.
Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6A4C0D29-5E2C-4250-A7CC-D4EF8B44C0BB.jpeg (22.9 KB, 137 views)
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-03-2021, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Keep fiddling with it. It used to be you could swipe the keyboard down or make it go away somehow. The real trick was to get that checkbox checked to automatically reconnect.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Keep fiddling with it. It used to be you could swipe the keyboard down or make it go away somehow. The real trick was to get that checkbox checked to automatically reconnect.
lol. haven’t been able to get that checked either
And I’m trying to do this with the Firestick remote.
For some reason I thought this Firestick keyboard had been solved, but I guess that’s only when your in an app already

Last edited by tvmaster2; 11-03-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
For some reason I thought this Firestick keyboard had been solved, but I guess that’s only when your in an app already
Yeah its a pain. I think I wound up changing my password to just some numbers or something simple to make it easier to log in. Sorry that I can't remember the exact trick.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I set up a Locater username and password on the server that using four of the same characters each to get past that part as was mentioned earlier.

Then used the space bar to check the 'Login' checkbox and then 'NEXT on the keyboard. On the second or third time around it worked.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist

Last edited by hb4; 11-03-2021 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
We probably need to see if Josh can fix this. all us old guys need some help with this.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
I set up a Locater username and password on the server that using four of the same characters each to get past that part as was mentioned earlier.

Then used the space bar to check the 'Login' checkbox and then 'NEXT on the keyboard. On the second or third time around it worked.
Two things which aren’t available on the Firestick remote, sadly.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
We probably need to see if Josh can fix this. all us old guys need some help with this.
First-world problems, eh? But yeah, maybe the Firestick remote keys can be utilized uniquely for these login procedures.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

You know, I misspoke... I selected the space key on the overlaid keyboard.

But the second needs to be done on the Server and I'm guessing you're not where you can get to the Server to make the Placeshifter login changes; even if you know a placeshifter login, typing it behind that keyboard is next to impossible. It would be great if the placeshifter login could be bypassed.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 11-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
You know, I misspoke... I selected the space key on the overlaid keyboard.

But the second needs to be done on the Server and I'm guessing you're not where you can get to the Server to make the Placeshifter login changes; even if you know a placeshifter login, typing it behind that keyboard is next to impossible. It would be great if the placeshifter login could be bypassed.
It is possible to bypass the login. I did it on the test VM I created for Amazon to test the app. If you do this though, than anyone could in theory get into your SageTV server remotely.
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I did my best with the Keyboard behavior in the firestick. Unfortunately there is not a lot of options because the screen that the username and password are entered into are rendered by Sage. The Android app is completely unaware of the form. So trying to get it to behave even remotely the same as it would on a native app is difficult.

I could look to modify the SageTV core to allow for passing the username and password in a different manner. This may be a reasonable effort though. This would allow to manage the username and password entry on the Android side. Not sure how important this is to all of you.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Not as important as most of the other stuff you've been working on, Josh. Once a user bumbles through the login, it's pretty much done. We do appreciate you getting it to the point where it's at now, because it was virtually impossible to navigate previously.

It would be interesting if the problem could be solved on the server side, by authorizing a device MAC address or something and forego the client login/password altogether.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I just got one of the new Firestick 4k MAX devices and I was finally able to get past the login, but after hitting the spacebar for the LOGIN button, it froze for about a minute, then proceeded to login. Once at the SageTV UI, it's unresponsive (this all with the Firestick connected to my phone's hotspot).

Hitting the up and down on the firestick makes an audible click like it's moving up and down in the Sage UI, but nothing is happening on-screen. Is it possible that the client I just newly downloaded and installed from the Amazon app store isn't compatible in some way with my server SageTV version (V9.2.2.929 64 bit)?

I was able to connect the Firestick to my server on the LAN without issue.

(for my own reference in the future, when on the login screen, the back button will get rid of the pop-up-keyboard, up and down moves through the fields, select in a field brings up the pop-up-keyboard for data entry in that field, long-pressing select will also bring up the pop-up-keyboard)
Old 11-04-2021, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

After the initial issues getting logged in (and checking the box to save the login credentials), I force-stopped the SageTV app, restarted it, and it logged in fine. Using Exoplayer, I did not have a good experience with this new MAX firestick with playback. After starting and stopping one show, then trying to start a second show, it just froze.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I did my best with the Keyboard behavior in the firestick. Unfortunately there is not a lot of options because the screen that the username and password are entered into are rendered by Sage. The Android app is completely unaware of the form. So trying to get it to behave even remotely the same as it would on a native app is difficult.

I could look to modify the SageTV core to allow for passing the username and password in a different manner. This may be a reasonable effort though. This would allow to manage the username and password entry on the Android side. Not sure how important this is to all of you.

Josh
Or, when we have to travel, maybe there’s a universal bluetooth remote with more buttons / options that you’d take with you instead of the limited Amazon one. Firestick remotes are Bluetooth, yes? Seems like it would be easier to find a more useful remote then asking for recoding, yes?
Old 11-11-2021, 03:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I stumbled on to something today. The FireTV Stick 4k using Fixed transcoding with ExoPlayer is able to display imbedded subtitles. I tried on my Shield TV and it won't seem to work there so I'm not sure what's different about the FireTV Stick 4k but some how it works there.

The file I was playing back was an MKV file with embedded forced subtitles.

I attempted to copy the .client file from the 4k to my shield but that made no difference.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has noticed this. First thought is that maybe the sage server is actually transcoding and pushing out the subtitles in the stream where Shield is trying to decode locally.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
I stumbled on to something today. The FireTV Stick 4k using Fixed transcoding with ExoPlayer is able to display imbedded subtitles. I tried on my Shield TV and it won't seem to work there so I'm not sure what's different about the FireTV Stick 4k but some how it works there.

The file I was playing back was an MKV file with embedded forced subtitles.

I attempted to copy the .client file from the 4k to my shield but that made no difference.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has noticed this. First thought is that maybe the sage server is actually transcoding and pushing out the subtitles in the stream where Shield is trying to decode locally.
SageTV has always been able to play embedded subtitles in MKV ... I do not know why it won't play on the ShieldTV. The Problem is with Closed captions.