SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 10-21-2021, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I bought a TiVo Stream4k a while back.
Finally got around to using the Mini Client on it (I believe it’s based in Android TV).
When I played a Sage recording, pulled up the transport overlay, and then tried to FF 2:30 or :30, the recording kept jumping backwards, sometimes to the start.
Totally at random, with no rhyme or reason.
Anyone see this behavior with the Mini Client, with a Stream4k or any other HDMI plug-in stick? Sorry, if no one has a Stream4k, it’s a Firestick by Tivo.
If you are not using OPENDCT have you tried to set the miniclient to always remux it takes very little CPU ... of course you need an updated SageTV and MiniClient.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If you are not using OPENDCT have you tried to set the miniclient to always remux it takes very little CPU ... of course you need an updated SageTV and MiniClient.
I am running the most recent Sage build on Windows 10, not OPENDCT, and have the most recent version of the MiniClient installed I believe.
Does remuxing apply in my case?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-21-2021, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am running the most recent Sage build on Windows 10, not OPENDCT, and have the most recent version of the MiniClient installed I believe.
Does remuxing apply in my case?
Try setting the client to always remux
Old 10-21-2021, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Try setting the client to always remux
for the technically inept, what exactly does that do
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-21-2021, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
for the technically inept, what exactly does that do
Remuxing is a lossless process that simply takes the video and audio streams from one container and puts them into a new container.

It does this at the server serves it to the client in an MKV container.

Sage by itself is terrible in cleaning up streams before it reaches the Client so a simple remux might help.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

EDIT: I figured it out. Took some work but I had to clear out the BMT image cache and the gemstone image cashe in windows explorer. Then I refreshed all the movies within BMT. Any images that didn't come out the way I wanted, I manually downloaded them for that particular movie. I've fixed most of them and still working on the rest. But its working now.

EDIT #2: Back to square one. When I thought it was working, that still isn't the case. I still have some issues with the posters and backgrounds. I turned off backgrounds for now and just focusing on the posters.

So this issue is not a show stopper. Well, there are 2 issues.

Using the miniclient and Gemstone (BMT and Phoenix). I migrated everything to a new server PC with a fresh install of v9.

1. Some of the posters do not show up. No amount of cache clearing or making a poster default works.

2. Some of the background wallpaper for a movie appears very zoomed in. I'm using a 1080p display and have confirmed that the images I'm having trouble with are 1080p wallpapers.

The miniclients are used on Nvidia Shield Pro and Amazon firestick 4k. They were working fine prior to the server move.

When I use the v9 client on a windows PC, I do not have these issues.

Are there any steps I need to take to alleviate these?

Thanks

Last edited by t4runnr; 10-22-2021 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
FYI. look what one can do under Windows 11 as of today

I have been watching that on my news feed! Very cool.
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
FYI. look what one can do under Windows 11 as of today

Just curious, besides the coolness factor, are there any benefits to running the Android miniclient on Windows 11 versus running the native Windows SageTV client?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 10-28-2021, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Just curious, besides the coolness factor, are there any benefits to running the Android miniclient on Windows 11 versus running the native Windows SageTV client?
No advantage just something new. Running a Windows Client it reads the UNC Paths directly without the server streaming it. The Windows Client takes most of the load from the Server. Plus the miniclient requires more memory at the server.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-28-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

another stupid question? remote connection

Using the MiniClient app on a Amazon Firestick, and a dynamic dns service, what’s the proper text entry to connect to Sage remotely, using the Miniclient?
yourdnsservice:8080?
Something like that?
Old 11-01-2021, 09:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I used the Locator ID option after selecting 'Add Server' on the miniclient.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 11-02-2021, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
I used the Locator ID option after selecting 'Add Server' on the miniclient.
and if you’re away from home and don’t know what the Locator ID is? Can that be discovered somehow?
Old 11-02-2021, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Pretty sure you can just use your external IP with the port. But you have to have forwarded your port, which is 31099, I think.

So http://99.21.15.12:31099 should work if that is your external IP. or http://yourdnsservice:31099. Port 8080 is (usually) for the web client, which you may want to forward as well to allow you to use the Web UI remotely.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Pretty sure you can just use your external IP with the port. But you have to have forwarded your port, which is 31099, I think.

So http://99.21.15.12:31099 should work if that is your external IP. or http://yourdnsservice:31099. Port 8080 is (usually) for the web client, which you may want to forward as well to allow you to use the Web UI remotely.
Would using a Firestick work with the same definition, ie http://dns:31099?
Old 11-02-2021, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Would using a Firestick work with the same definition, ie http://dns:31099?
Yes, I did that recently from a hotel room. And I don't believe you have to tell it the port number if you are forwarding the default port, 31099, in your home router to your Sage box.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

What a difference when using the miniclient on the 4K MAX ... no problem at all playing MPEG2 with hardware decoding. Quick response on GUI.

@Josh ...

Is there any reason why SageTV cannot be moved to a USB Internal Storage flash drive. ?

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-02-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What a difference when using the miniclient on the 4K MAX ... no problem at all playing MPEG2 with hardware decoding. Quick response on GUI.

@Josh ...

Is there any reason why SageTV cannot be moved to a USB Internal Storage flash drive. ?
I am not sure what you mean? Running SageTV Server off of a flash drive. Like moving it from computer to computer?
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

New release version 1.9.3 posted to Github/Amazon/Google. This is a minor release. Work and personal life have been busy. Not as much me time to work on SageTV. Still have a good list of enhancements I would like to get into the Android Client. Anyway below is the change list. I will update the first post as well.

Josh

- Updated to 2.15.1 of ExoPlayer and FFmpeg extension
- Cleaned up a number of deprecated calls in ExoPlayer implementation
- Added VP8, VP9, H.263 as valid video codecs
- Removed MPEG4 as a valid codec, because Android TV support is very limited. All non H.264/AVC content will be transcoded
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-02-2021, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I am not sure what you mean? Running SageTV Server off of a flash drive. Like moving it from computer to computer?
No big deal do not worry about it but I will explain ... Firetv 4Kmax has the option to use a flash drive to increase internal storage ... Which I have done by adding a 64gig FlashDrive. I moved Plex Client and Channels Client to the USB Drive but the SageTV miniClient cannot be moved for some reason.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
No big deal do not worry about it but I will explain ... Firetv 4Kmax has the option to use a flash drive to increase internal storage ... Which I have done by adding a 64gig FlashDrive. I moved Plex Client and Channels Client to the USB Drive but the SageTV miniClient cannot be moved for some reason.
Ahhhh. That makes much more sense. I would assume I might need to do some magic to allow it. Did it give any errors, or is the option just greyed out? If it is an easy change I would try and make it. I can not think of any specific reason it would not be moveable.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder