SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Work has been a little crazy as of late, but when I get some spare time I will take a break from the SageTVTranscoder stuff and take a look at ExoPlayer timeline issues.

The main difficulty is it does not seem that ExoPlayer returns the "true" position in the media file. I think it might be counting from the last seek. So Stuckless added code to the mini client to keep track of the offset of the position Sage told it to start playback to where it is in playing back.

So in short I do not think exoplayer is that great at timeline. I will do my best with it. It annoys me as well!

Josh
Just did a quick test on the latest 1.6.3 beta on Firestick 4k on wifi LAN and appears to be working fine now. I'll keep testing and report back in a couple days. I wasn't sure this would be fixable, so a big thank you for sticking with this!
Old 10-09-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Working great here as well. This has made the FS4K a real option for me and my puny 6mbs remote DCL connection. Got subtitles (closed captions) working as well; now if I can figure out if/how to place a black frame around the white letters - or change them to black - I'm in hog heaven.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 10-09-2020, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Just did a quick test on the latest 1.6.3 beta on Firestick 4k on wifi LAN and appears to be working fine now. I'll keep testing and report back in a couple days. I wasn't sure this would be fixable, so a big thank you for sticking with this!
The beta isn’t online anywhere is it?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

The new beta is posted to Josh's Patreon page.

Quote:
Hi all,

FYI, I will be posting more specific updates and details on my Patreon page to my supporters more regularly than the SageTV forums. If you are interested in the most up to date info please consider becoming a supporter.

Josh
Old 10-10-2020, 01:05 AM
SageTVaholic

thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-10-2020, 06:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Version 1.6.3 Released

Hi All,

Thanks to my Patreon supporters for testing this release and of course continuing to support me! I think this is my best attempt at making seeking work properly. Besides the rare error when doing crazy back to back seeks this seem to be very stable, and I have not seen any timeline inaccuracies since testing. Transcoded seeking seemed much better too.

I pushed to Google, Amazon, GitHub. Wish me luck on the Amazon front :/

Details on the first post.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

On the Firestick 4K when adding a Favorite from TV>Schedule Recordings>Manage Favorites>New by Title (or any option that requires typing) the keyboard pops up and prevents texting from the keyboard that is presented on on the underlying screen. When selecting Next or Previous on the pop up keyboard the screen reverts back to the previous screen (New by Title, etc.)

Is there a workaround for this operation?
Old 10-10-2020, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
On the Firestick 4K when adding a Favorite from TV>Schedule Recordings>Manage Favorites>New by Title (or any option that requires typing) the keyboard pops up and prevents texting from the keyboard that is presented on on the underlying screen. When selecting Next or Previous on the pop up keyboard the screen reverts back to the previous screen (New by Title, etc.)

Nope not at the moment.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post

Is this new to the latest version? Do you know when it started happening?
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is this new to the latest version? Do you know when it started happening?
It has always been that way.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...076#post626076

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-11-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I created a bug in Github so I will not loose track of this one again.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 10-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is my first time checking in in a while and I saw this new project, figured I'd give it a try. What's the config people are using to get this to work with ShieldTV? I tried the default settings and I get really badly corrupted audio on my mpeg-ts encoded tv shows (Mpeg2-video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio). I saw that it's set to exoplayer by default, so I tried switching to IJK but while it plays back ok, seeking and pausing/playing seems to have huge issues that the old client didn't have.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
This is my first time checking in in a while and I saw this new project, figured I'd give it a try. What's the config people are using to get this to work with ShieldTV? I tried the default settings and I get really badly corrupted audio on my mpeg-ts encoded tv shows (Mpeg2-video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio). I saw that it's set to exoplayer by default, so I tried switching to IJK but while it plays back ok, seeking and pausing/playing seems to have huge issues that the old client didn't have.
Try exoplayer with the ffmpeg audio extension set to always see if that helps.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try exoplayer with the ffmpeg audio extension set to always see if that helps.
Is that in the beta version? I don't see it in the one I have, just the same options the old one had.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Is that in the beta version? I don't see it in the one I have, just the same options the old one had.
From the settings screen in the app what is the version number that you are seeing?

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 10-14-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

v1.6.3 is finally approved on the Amazon app store. There approval process is torture!

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 10-14-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
From the settings screen in the app what is the version number that you are seeing?

Josh
It says 1.0.7... I got it via the play store link on the first page of the thread.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It says 1.0.7... I got it via the play store link on the first page of the thread.
that is old. Make sure you uninstall that old one before going back to the google store.

FRom playstore ..

Updated
October 10, 2020
Size
34M
Installs
100+
Current Version
Requires Android
5.0 and up
Content Rating
Everyone
Learn More

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-14-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
that is old. Make sure you uninstall that old one before going back to the google store.

FRom playstore ..

Updated
October 10, 2020
Size
34M
Installs
100+
Current Version
Requires Android
5.0 and up
Content Rating
Everyone
Learn More
Yeah very weird... It didn't install the current version until I went on the shield itself and installed from there. Previously I used the browser version of the app store to push the app to the shield. Unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue... Setting the setting to on made no difference to the audio and setting it to off completely caused audio to stop working.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
v1.6.3 is finally approved on the Amazon app store.
That's great, Josh! With some (very initial) testing on my part, it sure looks like the timeline issues with Exoplayer have been resolved.

Thanks for the great work.