SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Shouldn't that be Mulit Audio tracks
it not uncommon to see that with ATSC file
Yes, but the sr=32000 was only in there once, and would not play on the HD300 so wasn't legit. The other 2 are correct.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Yes, but the sr=32000 was only in there once, and would not play on the HD300 so wasn't legit. The other 2 are correct.
That depend if it caught the just a few ms of end of commercial at begin of recording the yes it was there.
That was of problem HD-PVR when recording AC3 with mix Audio switching
Old 12-14-2018, 06:13 PM
Sage

The 32kHz detection is a bug...sometimes I hit that as well...sometimes it happens as 44.1kHz. I usually just transcode them and watch the transcoded version since FFMPEG usually format detects it properly when SageTV doesn't do it right. (historically we got it right way more often than they did, which is why we use our internal one as the primary detector) Happens to me about once a year.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
USB-UIRT support for 64-bit is coming soon!

Also, after some research I now think it may be possible to support the Hauppauge IR blaster using its 32-bit DLL by using a COM server to communicate between 64 and 32 bit like this:

64-bit SageTV -> 64-bit DLL with COM client -> 32-bit exe COM server -> 32-bit DLL

I don't know if the performance loss across processes will matter but for tuning using IR I can't think it would. There's already delay involved there anyway.
I was able to build modules described above to support the Hauppauge IR Blaster in 64-bit. JustFred has kindly tested them and seems to be working for him. Since they won't be available until the next installer beta build comes out, I will attach them here along with relatively simple installation instructions:

Code:
1.  Download the attached .zip
2.  Place both files into the 64-bit SageTV\Common directory.
3.  Open an elevated CMD prompt:
     a. Start menu search, then type 'CMD.exe'.
     b. Right-click on cmd.exe and choose run as administrator.
4.  CD to the SageTV\Common directory in the CMD window.
5.  Run 'HCWIRBlasterCOM.exe /regserver'
Provided you already have the 32-bit Hauppauge drivers installed you should now be able to use them from 64-bit SageTV.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HCWIRBlasterCOM.zip (43.7 KB, 194 views)
Old 12-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Installed the 64 bit version this week. Not so different from the 32 bit instal (at least for me). I also installed the the 64 bit client. I don't use an extender or the mini-client.

The test server is an older retired PC that had been used as a SageTV server and client in the past. It is running Windows 7 x64 as an OS. I did copy the Sage recordings from the current server to the test server
I un-installed the old version(s) of SageTV. I did leave the 32 bit version of OpenDCT in place.
Installed the 64 bit Java and 64 bit LAV Filters. I also updated the 32 bit Java.
Then install 64 bit Sage. As stated before it installed similar to every other time I have install Sage.
After going through the setup wizard, and few very quick configurations, I was able to play a recorded file. Initially, I tried using MS Video Decoders and leaving the audio set to default. It played the video but I had no sound. I did set everything to LAV video and audio and it had audio and video working.

Since I had previously used this as a Sage server, I still had OpenDCT install on it, granted it was 32 bit but I was able to tune a channel in once. After having tuned in a channel using the 32 bit version of OpenDCT, I wasn't able to repeat it so I chose to uninstall the 32 bit OpenDCT and install the 64 bit version (well, it is a test server .....). No problems tuning anymore.

Now for the client side of things (this does have an interesting twist).

The client is the same machine I currently have the 32 bit SageTV client on, Kodi, and Media Center for recording premium channels. This is also a Windows 7 x64 OS.
Installed the 64 bit Java and 64 bit LAV filters (it did already have the 32 bit LAV filters), then installed the 64 bit Sage client.
Started the 64 bit client and after going through the setup wizard and few quick configurations I connected to the 32 bit sever (that wasn't a typo). And it all worked. I the shut down the client to disconnect from the 32 bit server and connected to the 64 bit server without issue.
So far I haven't tried the 32 bit client against the 64 bit server, but I will eventually. I certainly am not going to suggest this is a good idea but in a pinch....

Thank you for the work in updating SageTV.

The only constant in the Universe is change.

Last edited by UgaData; 12-28-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for posting. It’s nice to see posts of success and not just when things go wrong.

There no technical reason I know of why server and clients can’t be interchanged between 32 and 64 bit. They share nothing directly in memory so are like two different machines, even when running on the same computer. Of course mixing on the same machine means having to install both versions of Java but that’s not a big deal either.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There no technical reason I know of why server and clients can’t be interchanged between 32 and 64 bit. They share nothing directly in memory so are like two different machines, even when running on the same computer. Of course mixing on the same machine means having to install both versions of Java but that’s not a big deal either.
Question for you: Do you think you could use the 32 bit server as an encoding server for the 64 bit server on the same box? It works when they are on separate boxes.

I ask because the dll for HTTP tuning isn't showing up as a tuning option on the 64 bit server when I tried installing it. But when I install the 32 bit server on another box it works. I just let the 32 bit encoding server do the tuning.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Question for you: Do you think you could use the 32 bit server as an encoding server for the 64 bit server on the same box? It works when they are on separate boxes.

I ask because the dll for HTTP tuning isn't showing up as a tuning option on the 64 bit server when I tried installing it. But when I install the 32 bit server on another box it works. I just let the 32 bit encoding server do the tuning.
I’m guessing that two servers on the same machine won’t work unless one is running inside a VM.

As for HTTP tuning, only 64-bit DLL’s are usable for tuner plugins on a 64-bit system. I see that another user created that HTTP one. Ideally we could get ahold of him somehow and get the source code since it would be easy to compile for 64-bit. Alternatively someone could recreate what it does. Lastly a COM server solution like I did for the Hauppauge driver will work but is least desirable since it requires more parts plus involves the registry. It would work with the existing 32-bit DLL.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I’m guessing that two servers on the same machine won’t work unless one is running inside a VM.

As for HTTP tuning, only 64-bit DLL’s are usable for tuner plugins on a 64-bit system. I see that another user created that HTTP one. Ideally we could get ahold of him somehow and get the source code since it would be easy to compile for 64-bit. Alternatively someone could recreate what it does. Lastly a COM server solution like I did for the Hauppauge driver will work but is least desirable since it requires more parts plus involves the registry. It would work with the existing 32-bit DLL.
That is what I thought but wanted to check. Another option would be to make a 64 bit DLL out of EXEMultiTuner. Maybe Narflex can provide the source code for it. I believe I saw a post from him saying he could - a post from a LONG time ago anyway. Then could use that to execute a 32 exe or bat file to make it work. That was the method before the DLL came along.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That is what I thought but wanted to check. Another option would be to make a 64 bit DLL out of EXEMultiTuner. Maybe Narflex can provide the source code for it. I believe I saw a post from him saying he could - a post from a LONG time ago anyway. Then could use that to execute a 32 exe or bat file to make it work. That was the method before the DLL came along.
EXEMultiTuner is already built as 64 bit though I suppose it’s possible it’s not in the installer (I’ve honestly never run the installer yet ). Let me know if you need it.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:48 PM

Maybe this java ver could be used
https://whitlockjc.github.io/directv-remote-api/

Just google directv ip control commands or shef document
Boy did love mess with my sis law with this stuff back in good days LoL

https://blog.solidsignal.com/tutoria...ectv-receiver/
http://kathyicingonthecake.com/gratk...r-command.html
Old 12-28-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Building another DLL is easy enough and it looks like the URLs needed are failrly simple. The problem is I have no hardware to test anything.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EXEMultiTuner is already built as 64 bit though I suppose it’s possible it’s not in the installer (I’ve honestly never run the installer yet ). Let me know if you need it.
If you can post it - great! Will try SHS's suggestions too. I want to use the 32 bit server as a server rather than an encoder if I can.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Building another DLL is easy enough and it looks like the URLs needed are failrly simple. The problem is I have no hardware to test anything.
I can be your tester if you want. Free evenings, weekends and holidays
Old 12-28-2018, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you can post it - great! Will try SHS's suggestions too. I want to use the 32 bit server as a server rather than an encoder if I can.
Attached.

Edited the attachment so the directory name is now 'EXEMultiTunerPlugin' instead of 'EXE Multi Tuner'.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EXEMultiTunerPlugin_64bit.zip (17.7 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by wnjj; 12-30-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
You going to try btrumsey dtvTune ?.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
You going to try btrumsey dtvTune ?.
That was the idea anyway.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
That was the idea anyway.
Cool hope it work for you
I couldn't get it to work DirecTV Genie C51 nor C61 we have here which on Headless server know as HS17
Old 12-28-2018, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks like it works for my Single HD-PVR setup on a FIRST test. Haven't channel surfed yet still setting up channels on it. Will try this weekend with a dual HD-PVR setup. Also report back how channel surfing works a little later tonight.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

OK with a single HD-PVR setup it is working for me. My DirecTV box is a H24 box. I have channel surfed around to 6 different shows and got the correct channel change each time. Once I get my 2 HD-PVR setup working - a different SageTV server that I am setting up fresh this weekend I will document what I did to get it working for multiple HD-PVRs. But for a single I followed the directions here https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53462 and the only deviation (that I don't think is necessary) is the registry change I made to both the 32 and 64 bit "Frey Technologies" entries I had. Previously had 32 bit SageTV installed but suspect I only need the 64 bit entry.