SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-14-2004, 11:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the nividia has a better TV out for it has more support and TV tool application
but off a nice medium to high end card I do not think there will be much of difference
the ATI drivers work fine for me
only problem I ever had was using an install of windows that has nvidia drivers on it before hand
after a reformat of XP never had another problem with the ATI card
this problem should have been avoided though
I should have used a better remover for the nvidia drivers or reformatted immediately when I got the card (which I like to do when I get new hardware)
also the problems I had were with Sage in its beta form
so that could have been the issue
I do think the drivers are fine though
Old 07-15-2004, 04:41 AM
Sage Icon

I agree. Even with my old ATI card I read tons of reviews about people saying the drivers were really bad--they're not perfect but most issues were a result of installing them on top of other drivers and not following the directions for installation. However, since I am using this card solely for s-video I am questioning whether the 5700Ultra might have been a better choice. Kny3twalker, in terms of post-processing, do you implement it directly through sage or NVDVD somehow? As I mentioned earlier I had faily good picture quality on my monitor so I never had the need to mess around with it before now.
later
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-15-2004, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

you just turn it on in NVDVD
it has its own post processor(NVDVD 3)
or you can use ffdshow
whichever
the nvidia cards do also have a conexant TV out chip
just another reason you may want to look at the nvidia if you go that way
you certainly should not have any trouble when using the svideo out on either card, doing VMR9 rendering
which I recommend for this type of setup
Old 07-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I used an S-Video out on my old TV with a ATI 9600 Non-Pro video card. The nice thing about the 9600 is that it's passively cooled (not sure on the XT or Ultra models). Pushed VMR9 quite nicely, although I honestly can't remember what rez I was using...1024x768 maybe?

Now I picked up a new HDTV (Sony Grand Wega 50" LCD rear projection) and can't get it to run VMR9. Not sure what the problem is, but it's kind of annoying. I'm wondering if I'm pushing too high a rez for VMR9 to work properly.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

Just an update, got the 9600XT in and am using it with NVDVD 3 decoders and it works great. None of the problems that I was experiencing at first. VMR9 works too--love that transparency. The picture is clear and I can even see the scrolling text at the bottom of CNN clearly. Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just an update, got the 9600XT in and am using it with NVDVD 3 decoders and it works great. None of the problems that I was experiencing at first. VMR9 works too--love that transparency. The picture is clear and I can even see the scrolling text at the bottom of CNN clearly.
Did the NVDVD 3 decoders come with your 9600XT card? I'm currently using Sonic, but was thinking about picking up the NVDVD decoders just as a means of comparison. I haven't been too happy with Sonic. Also, what rez are you pushing and are you using Powerstrip? Thanks!