SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Sage User

So, I also have been working on IP tuning for the DISH VIP 211/211k/222 utilizing the upnpchannelchanger script from one of the MythTV folks. I created a gentuner script that works with upnpchannelchanger and a receivers.txt file (I'll probably put that receiver to IP mapping in the script to simplify from yet another file to make this work). How could I go about using it as part of a repeatable and persistent part of the container? I could use the LIRC to copy the gentuner file over the default one and refer to the upnpnchannelchanger in the sagetv directory and forget about the rest. I haven't incorporated upnpchannelchanger into my script since it is someone else's work. Just thinking about how other IP tuning folks might integrate into gentuner as well (there may not be many, but still useful). My gentuner script is called gentuner.DISH.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'd love to see your config files (don't have dish, but would like to see a working setup for comparison).
I'm in training for a bit tonight. I'll post them when I get a minute.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibsy View Post
So, I also have been working on IP tuning for the DISH VIP 211/211k/222 utilizing the upnpchannelchanger script from one of the MythTV folks. I created a gentuner script that works with upnpchannelchanger and a receivers.txt file (I'll probably put that receiver to IP mapping in the script to simplify from yet another file to make this work). How could I go about using it as part of a repeatable and persistent part of the container? I could use the LIRC to copy the gentuner file over the default one and refer to the upnpnchannelchanger in the sagetv directory and forget about the rest. I haven't incorporated upnpchannelchanger into my script since it is someone else's work. Just thinking about how other IP tuning folks might integrate into gentuner as well (there may not be many, but still useful). My gentuner script is called gentuner.DISH.
Honestly, I feel that if you DO get DISH network tuning working, it might actually be worth rolling a proper tuningplugin for it, so it can be put in the main sagetv product, as I think many would find that pretty valuable, windows or linux. With it properly built, and included, it would simply be an option in the sagetv UI when adding a source, which is FAR nicer than messing with gentuner files and such.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'd love to see your config files (don't have dish, but would like to see a working setup for comparison).
Here are the hardware.conf, lircd.conf, and gentuner files from my config. The custom-remote.conf file would contain the ir commands specific to your cable or satellite box(es).

Code:
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="USB-UIRT-REMOTE"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="usb_uirt_raw"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
# Perhaps the following setting could move the lircd.conf file to the sagetv/server/lirc/ directory - I have not tested.
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="lircd.conf"  
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS="-d /dev/ttyUSB0"

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="USB-UIRT-TRANSMITTER"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="usb_uirt_raw"
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="lircd.conf"
#This was important to get it to work with gentuner or you could edit the script to include the socket to use, but it fails without mention of the device to irsend.
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS="-d /var/run/lirc/lircd1"

#Disable kernel support.
#Typically, lirc will disable in-kernel support for ir devices in order to
#handle them internally.  Set to false to prevent lirc from disabling this
#in-kernel support. 
#DISABLE_KERNEL_SUPPORT="true"

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"
#LIRCD_ARGS="-d /var/run/lirc/lircd1"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="false"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""

and /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

#this configuration has been automatically generated via
#the Ubuntu LIRC package maintainer scripts.
#
#It includes the default configuration for the remote and/or
#transmitter that you have selected during package installation.
#
#Feel free to add any custom remotes to the configuration
#via additional include directives or below the existing
#Ubuntu include directives from your selected remote and/or
#transmitter.

include "/opt/sagetv/server/lirc/custom-remote.conf"

And then this is the gentuner script I am using based off of gentuner.LIRC:

#!/bin/bash
#
# gentuner.LIRC
# GenericTunerPlugin to LIRC Connector
#
# See gentuner.README for details on gentuner
#
# This script proxies commands from the Generic Tuner Plugin
# to LIRC. If the remote name defined in the lircd.conf file
# ends in "-N" (where N is 1, 2, 3 or 4), it will also 
# use SET_TRANSMITTERS to restrict which emitters LIRC uses.
# Your LIRC hardware must support this feature.
#

CMD=$1
REMOTE=$2
KEY=$3
CHANNEL=$3
DELAY=.1
LOCKFILE=/tmp/lirclock

if [ "$CMD" = "REMOTES" ]; then
    /usr/bin/irsend LIST "" "" 2>&1 | cut -d" " -f2
elif [ "$CMD" = "KEYS" ]; then
    /usr/bin/irsend LIST "$REMOTE" "" 2>&1 | cut -d" " -f3
elif [ "$CMD" = "SEND" ]; then
    while [ -f $LOCKFILE ]
    do
        #echo "Waiting for lock"
        sleep $DELAY
    done

touch $LOCKFILE

POST=${REMOTE:(-2)}
    TRANSMITTER_NUM=${REMOTE:(-1)}
#    if [[ ${POST/-[1-9]/OK} = "OK" ]]; then
#        /usr/bin/irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS $TRANSMITTER_NUM
#        sleep $DELAY
#    else
#        /usr/bin/irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 2 3 4
#        sleep $DELAY
#    fi

/usr/bin/irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE $KEY
    sleep $DELAY
    rm $LOCKFILE

elif [ "$CMD" = "TUNE" ]; then
    echo "NO"
elif [ "$CMD" = "CAN_TUNE" ]; then
    echo "NO"
else
    exit 1
fi
I had to manually create the /var/run/lirc directory to get this to work. There may be an easier way that doesn't use the device and socket interfaces that I used. I could not use the "zoned" transmitter jack on the back of the USB-UIRT, and the reading I did from others indicated it may not be possible with the current LIRC code.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Honestly, I feel that if you DO get DISH network tuning working, it might actually be worth rolling a proper tuningplugin for it, so it can be put in the main sagetv product, as I think many would find that pretty valuable, windows or linux. With it properly built, and included, it would simply be an option in the sagetv UI when adding a source, which is FAR nicer than messing with gentuner files and such.
I got it working the way I want yesterday. There are a few caveats (like you need to either use the high channels for HD or remap them to the lower channels) and as far as I know, upnp tuning only works on those three model of DISH receivers. Under IR tuning, the receiver selects the HD feed even if you tune to the lower SD channel. Via upnp, it doesn't do that automagically. It wasn't hard to fix via remapping. I have to fix the SD from showing up in a picture frame, not sure why it does that on some channels under upnp, but the IP tuning is waking up the receiver from sleep, setting inactivity to 8 hours, and macro tuning the channel on all three of my receivers (thanks to the work of the upnpchannelchanger author). I assign a permanent lease to each receiver via my firewall, so it makes it all rather simple. I can post the gentuner script and a link to upnpchannelchanger as well.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean, the fixes look good so far, but noticed an oversight. The file copy in the script is correct, now going to /etc/lirc/, but the dos2unix commands are still pointing to the files in /etc/lirc.d, so they are just erroring out (as expected).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, in order to help identify if the problem was usb-uirt or lirc related, I switched directions to getting the hd-pvr's blaster working in lirc, and am getting the same error with irsend. turns out, lircd is not running completely. checked into the start script '/etc/init.d/lirc' and it looks like it uses modprobe to build a list of modules in the kernel. modprobe doesn't appear to be there in the docker container, which sort of makes sense since it cannot really add modules to the hosts' kernel. Not sure the best way to go yet, but I'm going to look and see if the modprobe steps are genuinely required in that script.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Well, in order to help identify if the problem was usb-uirt or lirc related, I switched directions to getting the hd-pvr's blaster working in lirc, and am getting the same error with irsend. turns out, lircd is not running completely. checked into the start script '/etc/init.d/lirc' and it looks like it uses modprobe to build a list of modules in the kernel. modprobe doesn't appear to be there in the docker container, which sort of makes sense since it cannot really add modules to the hosts' kernel. Not sure the best way to go yet, but I'm going to look and see if the modprobe steps are genuinely required in that script.
For USB-UIRT, it wasn't adding any modules to get it to work with my configuration. Again, that may not be the best way. For HD-PVR, it may require a load of the firmware via the module - it does complain about the firmware in dmesg on the unRAID system.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

no idea - it turned off modules loading in hardware.conf, since they appear to be loading as per dmesg, and it appears lirc is running - but irsend still fails out being unable to open the socket.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

OKAY.. so a series of dumb mistakes as i flailed about crazily.

when i was restarting the docker after making changes, i kept forgetting to run dos2unix (need that fixed in the container's script), so the hardware.conf file was not loading properly. once I did that, it looks like your usb-uirt config loads up properly, and I'm not getting gentuner to respond properly. Now I just need to drop in my actual lirc.conf file and see if it'll blast.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
OKAY.. so a series of dumb mistakes as i flailed about crazily.

when i was restarting the docker after making changes, i kept forgetting to run dos2unix (need that fixed in the container's script), so the hardware.conf file was not loading properly. once I did that, it looks like your usb-uirt config loads up properly, and I'm not getting gentuner to respond properly. Now I just need to drop in my actual lirc.conf file and see if it'll blast.
I suspect you already know, but there are a existing files in /usr/share/lirc/extras/transmitters and /usr/share/lirc/remotes, but even more at http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/
Old 10-12-2016, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, so it looks like it's up and working so far. I've never used gentuner, so I'm not sure what expectations there are, but blasting works to change channels.

gentuner REMOTES does display the remotes in the lircd.conf file, and this can be selected in sage (Change Tuning Devide)
gentuner KEYS [REMOTE] does display the list of keys in the lircd.conf for the chosen [REMOTE], but these are NOT shown in Sage (Test Infrared Code).

Changing stations in sage DOES send the number keys, so it seems it's working, just not really understanding why gentuner KEYS doesn't work to populate the items in sage - this would greatly assist in diagnostics if keys could be sent from in sage.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Okay, so it looks like it's up and working so far. I've never used gentuner, so I'm not sure what expectations there are, but blasting works to change channels.

gentuner REMOTES does display the remotes in the lircd.conf file, and this can be selected in sage (Change Tuning Devide)
gentuner KEYS [REMOTE] does display the list of keys in the lircd.conf for the chosen [REMOTE], but these are NOT shown in Sage (Test Infrared Code).

Changing stations in sage DOES send the number keys, so it seems it's working, just not really understanding why gentuner KEYS doesn't work to populate the items in sage - this would greatly assist in diagnostics if keys could be sent from in sage.
So that did work for me, however I do recall that when I added the remote (any remote using LIRC or IR tuning) there was a quirk. I could not set any remote options until I exited out of the remote configuration and went back in. It is a long shot, but perhaps KEYS has the same issue? Also, initially, I was chmod'ing 777 the gentuner file, but that may have been related to the first issue. I was able to send single test codes from within Sage. Do you see any oddities in the gentuner.log or have you run the KEYS command from the command line "gentuner Remotename KEYS"? I did a lot of testing from the command line when messing with the gentuner script.

There are other issues I discovered, such as the LIRC driver doesn't activate/access the 56k receiver according to the USB-UIRT forums and won't capture codes (say from a DISH remote) that works in the 56k range. I had to use a file that already existed. Capturing on a windows box with lmhelper and converting is an option, but I struggled to make that work. It was much easier if some had done the heavy lifting.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:18 AM
SageTVaholic

from the terminal, gentuner seems to do everything it should (returning list of REMOTES, returning list of KEYS). Sage just isn't getting anything from the KEYS command, so it can't test. No issues reporting in gentuner.log - everything there seems as expected. Sage still sends the numerical SEND commands on channel changes, so it IS working, just not completely.

EDIT: I see what you mean. It appears to be a UI bug where it won't reload the list of commands, but if you completely back out of the remote options and go back in, the list is there and you can test fire commands. In any case, it looks like the general blasting capability is there with the USB-UIRT in the docker, as long as a few files are added to the mix and then customized. I will try to write up what is needed later, so hopefully this will help out the few who are holding back from unRAID due to this.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-13-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:11 AM
Sage User

Quote:
from the terminal, gentuner seems to do everything it should (returning list of REMOTES, returning list of KEYS). Sage just isn't getting anything from the KEYS command, so it can't test. No issues reporting in gentuner.log - everything there seems as expected. Sage still sends the numerical SEND commands on channel changes, so it IS working, just not completely.

EDIT: I see what you mean. It appears to be a UI bug where it won't reload the list of commands, but if you completely back out of the remote options and go back in, the list is there and you can test fire commands. In any case, it looks like the general blasting capability is there with the USB-UIRT in the docker, as long as a few files are added to the mix and then customized. I will try to write up what is needed later, so hopefully this will help out the few who are holding back from unRAID due to this.
Congrats! I thought I could get it working in a few hours when I started. It took me a much larger number of hours than my wife appreciated over a number of days. You managed to get it working in a day.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean, the fixes look good so far, but noticed an oversight. The file copy in the script is correct, now going to /etc/lirc/, but the dos2unix commands are still pointing to the files in /etc/lirc.d, so they are just erroring out (as expected).
Sorry about that... I'll fix that tonight and I'll push out a new update.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok... Pushed out another image update... hopefully the dos2unix stuff is fixed now
Old 10-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Ok... Pushed out another image update... hopefully the dos2unix stuff is fixed now
Looks like LIRC is working. Thanks!

I have changed to UPNP tuning for my DISH receivers. It seems to be great for this small set of receivers.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Help!

So, my internet is down (hurray for mobile hotspots)

I found out something unfortunate about the docker, it won't start without an internet connection.

Code:
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10-adduser...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/20-upgrade-sagetv...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
SageTV Home: /opt/sagetv/server
Backing up Wiz.bin, Sage.properties and Sage.jar before upgrade
'Wiz.bin' -> 'backups/20161031_165835/Wiz.bin'
'Sage.properties' -> 'backups/20161031_165835/Sage.properties'
'Sage.jar' -> 'backups/20161031_165835/Sage.jar'
Installing/Upgrading SageTV to
--2016-10-31 16:58:35-- https://bintray.com/artifact/download/opensagetv/sagetv/sagetv//sagetv-server__amd64.tar.gz
Resolving bintray.com (bintray.com)... 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.1
Connecting to bintray.com (bintray.com)|10.0.0.1|:443... failed: Network is unreachable.
Connecting to bintray.com (bintray.com)|10.0.0.1|:443... failed: Network is unreachable.

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Failed to download Server!!! URL: https://bintray.com/artifact/download/opensagetv/sagetv/sagetv//sagetv-server__amd64.tar.gz
*** /etc/my_init.d/20-upgrade-sagetv failed with status 2

*** Killing all processes...
I tried setting the VERSION variable to what's currently installed, hoping that the upgrade process (and failure) would be skipped, but I either set it wrong, or that didn't work. Any thoughts to get me running again before my internet is fixed?
Old 10-31-2016, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Help!

So, my internet is down (hurray for mobile hotspots)

I found out something unfortunate about the docker, it won't start without an internet connection.

Code:
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10-adduser...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/20-upgrade-sagetv...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
SageTV Home: /opt/sagetv/server
Backing up Wiz.bin, Sage.properties and Sage.jar before upgrade
'Wiz.bin' -> 'backups/20161031_165835/Wiz.bin'
'Sage.properties' -> 'backups/20161031_165835/Sage.properties'
'Sage.jar' -> 'backups/20161031_165835/Sage.jar'
Installing/Upgrading SageTV to
--2016-10-31 16:58:35-- https://bintray.com/artifact/download/opensagetv/sagetv/sagetv//sagetv-server__amd64.tar.gz
Resolving bintray.com (bintray.com)... 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.1

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Failed to download Server!!! URL: https://bintray.com/artifact/download/opensagetv/sagetv/sagetv//sagetv-server__amd64.tar.gz
*** /etc/my_init.d/20-upgrade-sagetv failed with status 2

*** Killing all processes...
I tried setting the VERSION variable to what's currently installed, hoping that the upgrade process (and failure) would be skipped, but I either set it wrong, or that didn't work. Any thoughts to get me running again before my internet is fixed?
Hmm.. I had checked the previous version in this situation but didn't check in the current method after he added the version setting. looking at the code, i do see that it isn't currently handled. If you can, post an issue to the docker's github: https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-dockers/issues