SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
A strong appeal to me of the UnRAID solution is the USB stick: it sounds like I can leave the XP install in place and just try UnRAID without losing anything - once I get a USB stick working.... -)

No problem with Un-RAID and 3-TB drives, right?
unRAID supports 3 and 4TB drives.

I haven't done this process on windows... but it seems pretty straight forward...

https://wiki.lime-technology.com/USB...ve_Preparation
Quote:
Windows Vista and Windows 7
Step 1 Plug the Flash into your PC and re-format it using Windows (Right-Click the Flash under Computer and select Format):
For File system, leave it as Default
For Volume label, enter UNRAID (exactly 6 capital letters)
Check the Quick Format box and click Start
If you determine that the Windows formatting did not succeed in creating a bootable USB drive, then see the Advanced tips at the bottom.
Step 2 Download the latest unRAID Server, and extract the files from the zip archive to your Flash.
Step 3 On the Flash drive, Right-Click on make_bootable.bat and select Run as administrator. Press any key to continue.
Step 4 The process takes only a moment to complete. You can then close any open windows and eject the Flash drive.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
A strong appeal to me of the UnRAID solution is the USB stick: it sounds like I can leave the XP install in place and just try UnRAID without losing anything - once I get a USB stick working.... -)

Perhaps more relevant is that it seems like The-Powers-That-Be-SageTV-wise are all using UnRAID....

No problem with Un-RAID and 3-TB drives, right?
If you were going to try this I would think about unplugging my Windows drives and plug in a spare empty drive while you are trying out unRAID. Your drives will have to be reformatted if you choose to use unRAID eventually as it doesn't use NTFS drives.

I have a 4TB parity drive and a 4TB plus 3TB dri ve in my array.

The fact that most of the developers are on unRAID is a pretty strong incentive as well.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am going to make a logical leap and say that the installer probably does not work on XP - mainly because it is failing on my XP box and I do not see mention of any Windows versions except 7 and 10 in the threads I have skimmed so far.

Am I on the right track?

If so, would anybody opine whether I should "Upgrade" my XP box to 7 or 10?

I haven't heard anything good about 10, but it seems to be where things are headed.... OTOH, I know and trust 7.

Also, once I get an acceptable OS on the box, am I going to run into trouble because my SageTV is installed on D and not C: ?

The rationale for D: is that D: is for Data and C: is for System.... so I can image/re-image C: without losing data like Wiz.bin or SageTV.Properties.
It should work on XP. You will first get an error that tells you to update the windows installer...it should give you details.

It then will have at least one failure of registering a dll...EVR i believe. Ignore these and continue.

It should then work.

Note...if you search for WHS posts i believe it acts the same as XP.

k
Old 06-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Just ran the installer against a Windows 7 box.

Mostly uneventful, but when I went through the complete Setup process, it seemed hung on the Weather screen.... got responses to button clicks, but there was not way out of the screen (i.e. no Cancel, Save, or Next).

Also, so far, I have been unable to get the SageTV service to start: response is that it did not start in a "Timely manner"..... Service is there, and set to "Automatic" but it won't start.

The SageTV UI under v9 seems considerably faster than it was under v7... OTOH, my Sage box bit the big one, and I am running on an fresh install of Windows 7.... Does anybody else think the UI is faster under v9?

Now I am trying to enable Schedules Direct.

I found Settings | Customize | Enable the use of alternative Schedules Direct channel Logos when available, but I don't think that's the one because it reports "There was a problem communication with the Schedules Direct server"...... So I guess I have to find someplace in Setup where I enter my SD ID/PW.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 06-01-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to actually set up a source with Schedules Direct before that button will actually be able to do anything. The error you're seeing likely is due to not having any credentials saved.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 06-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Install client on XP?

I tried to install the latest Client build (9.1.2..662) on my XP (SP3) machine, and the installation crashed my system, and I had to do a hard reboot. Should I retry, re-download, or is that just to be expected with XP? My old PlaceShifter is doing just fine.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I tried to install the latest Client build (9.1.2..662) on my XP (SP3) machine, and the installation crashed my system, and I had to do a hard reboot. Should I retry, re-download, or is that just to be expected with XP? My old PlaceShifter is doing just fine.
I would not expect a crash but it is an old windows OS

The install is not built for XP but others have reported working through it. They stated that updates had to be as current as possible and that windows installer had to be updated and that the EVR dll will fail but is not needed on XP anyway.

So basically, buyer beware and good luck and if you have success then post steps for others.

k
Old 06-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just ran the installer against a Windows 7 box.

Also, so far, I have been unable to get the SageTV service to start: response is that it did not start in a "Timely manner"..... Service is there, and set to "Automatic" but it won't start.
I got that after the installation, but a reboot cured it.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Upgrade Worked, But Had To Do Repair

First, a "thank you" to jusjoken, EnterNoEscape and the many others who are making Sage a vibrant system again. It's better than anything on the market. And thanks to those who documented their experiences, good and bad. Every bit of information helped me move along.

Just documenting my experience, in case someone else sees the same situation. Upgrading from Win 10 Home 1607, Java 8.101 32-bit, Sage 9.0.4.232_RC1.000, OpenDCT. All had been running for almost a year.

Stopped Sage service
Stopped OpenDCT service
Updated Java to 8.131 32-bit.
Started up Sage and tested. All was well.

Installed Sage 9.1.2.662 without issues.
Rebooted
Sage service failed to start. Manual start did not work. Generic error message (sorry I did not write it down).
Ran install a second time. Repair completed successfully.
Rebooted.

Sage started successfully. All functions appeared to work. But I noticed that the service was shown as Manual instead of Automatic. Changed to Automatic.
Rebooted.
All looked good.

Continued with switch to Schedules Direct, which went without issue.

I re-read most of the documentation and could not see a reason that made a repair run necessary. Did I miss something?
Old 06-11-2017, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
First, a "thank you" to jusjoken, EnterNoEscape and the many others who are making Sage a vibrant system again. It's better than anything on the market. And thanks to those who documented their experiences, good and bad. Every bit of information helped me move along.

Just documenting my experience, in case someone else sees the same situation. Upgrading from Win 10 Home 1607, Java 8.101 32-bit, Sage 9.0.4.232_RC1.000, OpenDCT. All had been running for almost a year.

I re-read most of the documentation and could not see a reason that made a repair run necessary. Did I miss something?
Two possibilities... if any installed file was manually modified since the installer ran a year ago then the repair is a required step.

Or... so much has changed in the installer since that version that a repair was needed to clean it up.

Glad it worked out in the end.

k
Old 06-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
Sage service failed to start. Manual start did not work. Generic error message (sorry I did not write it down).
Ran install a second time. Repair completed successfully.
Rebooted.

Sage started successfully. All functions appeared to work. But I noticed that the service was shown as Manual instead of Automatic. Changed to Automatic.
Rebooted.
All looked good.
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. In my case its Win7 and I was moving from 9.0 to 9.1. The error I saw was a java exception. Same fix, did a repair install and all was good.

Lesson Learned: If an upgrade doesn't go smoothly try a repair install.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. In my case its Win7 and I was moving from 9.0 to 9.1. The error I saw was a java exception. Same fix, did a repair install and all was good.

Lesson Learned: If an upgrade doesn't go smoothly try a repair install.
I have been running into Java exception problems with my last two or three updates as well (on both client and server) - but a repair install has fixed them.

I'm sure I don't say it enough, but just wanted to say a heartfelt "Thanks!" to ALL of the people who work on the software to make SageTV the hands-down-best HTPC solution out there. I am so glad I stuck with Sage - but the truth is - after Sage, what else is there?
i5-6600K, 16GB, GeForce GT730 2GB, Win10 Pro 20H2, Java: 64-bit 1.8.0_271, SageTV x64 9.2.2.903
Old 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

XP install

BTW, I installed this installer this last weekend on an old Windows XP PC (Server #3 in sig). As mentioned elsewhere, I had to install the updated (4.5) installer for XP.

Link as of this date:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8483

After that, I switched the Guide from the built in to the new SD data provider. So far, no issues.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 06-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hello, was curious what windows version to install and what files to download?

Hello,
Trying to do a "last minute" upgrade

I have SageTV version 7 with HD-PVR's, HVR-2250's and USB-UIRT's working on Windows 7 - 64bit

I was curious what files I need to download.

I'm guessing these files are for a new installation of SageTV?
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...erSupportFiles

The files to upgrade an existing SageTV server install would be here ?
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/sagetv/SageTVforWindows

Upgrade Procedure for my system I will try

Windows 7 64-bit
SageTV Server 7
HD-PVR's
HVR-2250's
USB-UIRT's for tuning all STB's
(and a SageTV Server 7 instance on another Windows 7 32-bit computer as a network encoder)
Will upgrade main server then remote encoder instance if needed

0.0 disabled all SageTV Plugins from the Plugins Configuration screen

1.0 Stop SageTV (running as application, not service in my case)
Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\JARs\lucene-core-*.*

Would it be better if I deleted the directories ?
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\PluginInstallers
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\Plugins
2.1 Acronis True Image backups
disk image and by directory backup
2.2 7ip the SageTV Directory and copy to the NAS
2.3 copy the wiz.bin, wiz.bak and sage.properties to the NAS

3.0 upgrade to current SageTVforWindows SageTVSetup_9.*
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/sagetv/SageTVforWindows
3.1 Do a repair install of SageTVforWindows SageTVSetup_9.*

4.0 Start SageTV and configure the Schedules Direct EPG

5.0 Check which recording devices and tuning methods still work.

I'm hoping that's most of the basics ...

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 06-13-2017, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

All you need for either a new install, or an upgrade, is the appropriate installer from the SageTVforWindows link you posted above.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-14-2017, 05:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Guys

I'm planning on upgrading my sage v7 server (on WHS2011) to v9. Before I take that step I've run up a test server with a fresh copy of WHS2011, applied all the critical updates, installed JRE 1.8 and Sage v7.1.9, no plugins or anything yet except my xmltv plugin. I've verified things are basically working okay with v7. So now to try installing v9 over it...

I'm using the latest windows installer 9.1.2.662 and it's crashing out and rolling back with Error 0x80070643. Based on instructions in another thread I've rerun it with the log option and got a 3Mb log file. Wading through that it appears as though the issue is here:
Code:
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:02:934]: Executing op: RegSelfReg(File=MusicVisFilter.ax,FileID=filMusicVisFilter.ax)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:03:020]: Executing op: RegSelfReg(File=SageTVFileSrc.ax,FileID=filSageTVFileSrc.ax)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:03:269]: Executing op: RegSelfReg(File=StrmDeMux.ax,FileID=filStrmDeMux.ax)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:03:819]: Executing op: RegSelfReg(File=TSSplitter.ax,FileID=filTSSplitter.ax)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:015]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=ExecSecureObjects,,)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:015]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=ExecSecureObjects,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=ExecSecureObjects,CustomActionData=C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\?CreateFolder??Users?268435456?SageTV?ServiceInstall??Everyone?372)
MSI (s) (5C:9C) [11:23:04:015]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI7AD2.tmp, Entrypoint: ExecSecureObjects
ExecSecureObjects:  Error 0x80070424: failed to get security info for object: SageTV
CustomAction ExecSecureObjects returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
Action ended 11:23:04: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: Executing op: Header(Signature=1397708873,Version=500,Timestamp=1255037660,LangId=1033,Platform=0,ScriptType=2,ScriptMajorVersion=21,ScriptMinorVersion=4,ScriptAttributes=1)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=0,Argument=1033)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=1,Argument=SageTV)
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: Executing op: RollbackInfo(,RollbackAction=Rollback,RollbackDescription=Rolling back action:,RollbackTemplate=[1],CleanupAction=RollbackCleanup,CleanupDescription=Removing backup files,CleanupTemplate=File: [1])
MSI (s) (5C:C0) [11:23:04:559]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=ExecSecureObjects,,)
Any ideas?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Okay I managed to get it to work by giving TrustedInstaller full permissions to the Program Files (x86)\SageTV folder
Old 06-14-2017, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Yep. UAC bit you. One reason I install to c:\sagetv to avoid UAC issues
I just have to remember whenever I upgrade I do options first to point back to it instead of the default
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quick Question Jusjoken or anyone else.

I decided to install the new open source version of sagetv on my new computer and popped the old video cards in it and did not use the upgrade option of my old key to get a feel for what new users are in for.

After I installed it , there was some birthing pains with the directories and stuff , and I kept my old wiz.bin file since the new computer actually picked up all the channels I thought were lost due to bad reception.

Anyway, I copied all my old mpg recordings in to the new sagetv and plan on copying the converted shows that I converted to avi's and mp4s to save space and wondered if now that I know how to install it properly , will uninstalling sage tv and reinstalling it and using the non normal directory I have set up for sagetv on another drive rebuild the list of shows I recorded in the past or only rebuild the mpg files as I think that is how it used to work with a past directory of tv shows when installing sagetv for the first time.

Feel free to move this if not appropriate as the files for the avi's will take 4 hours on my old usb ports and if sage wont index those, then know need to copy them as I already moved the mpg's

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

All your watched history is stored the wiz.bin file, so long it had that file, it will have your history.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room