SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Did you install to the same location?
Did you backup your wiz.bin?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 09-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes and Maybe. I have a backup that I am going to try to put back in, but I am remoted into my server and the Wife is currently watching TV. Once she is off I will restart Sage.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 09-19-2017, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

The wiz.bin restore worked.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 09-20-2017, 11:08 AM

jusjoken is there plan update to 9.1.7 any time soon it sure be nice to have the fix logos in guide
Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
jusjoken is there plan update to 9.1.7 any time soon it sure be nice to have the fix logos in guide
Are you sure 9.1.7 fixes that ? I believe that someone first needs to create a makefile that will properly build the imageloader and I am not aware if anyone has yet. I tinkered with it myself for a bit but it may take a long time if everyone is waiting on me to figure out C makefiles

Otherwise, the only thing I am waiting on is to give TMiranda time to adjust youtube plugin as I believe it will stop working after the new STV is in place in 9.1.7 and I think there are many users that rely on that.

Otherwise, I can build a 9.1.7 pretty much any time.

k
Old 09-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I tinkered with it myself for a bit but it may take a long time if everyone is waiting on me to figure out C makefiles
Did you install Mingw? It looks like once you do, you need only run 'make ImageLoader.dll' in the directory where the makefile is, provided the paths to the libraries are all good. (I.E. you may have to update the jdk path to a newer one.)

In theory the dll builds could get added into the native Windows project but I assume the goal here was to keep the dll/so source and build between Windows and Linux as shared as possible.

Last edited by wnjj; 09-20-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Are you sure 9.1.7 fixes that ? I believe that someone first needs to create a makefile that will properly build the imageloader and I am not aware if anyone has yet. I tinkered with it myself for a bit but it may take a long time if everyone is waiting on me to figure out C makefiles

Otherwise, the only thing I am waiting on is to give TMiranda time to adjust youtube plugin as I believe it will stop working after the new STV is in place in 9.1.7 and I think there are many users that rely on that.

k
See https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...25&postcount=6

which saying
Edit: The code is actually fixed. The DLL with the changes just needs to be compiled and included in the next Windows release.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Did you install Mingw? It looks like once you do, you need only run 'make ImageLoader.dll' in the directory where the makefile is, provided the paths to the libraries are all good. (I.E. you may have to update the jdk path to a newer one.)

In theory the dll builds could get added into the native Windows project but I assume the goal here was to keep the dll/so source and build between Windows and Linux as shared as possible.
I did, followed by many errors and then i ran out of free time. I assume its all path issues but nothing i tried seemed to work...but i have never tried before. Perhaps if i find time i will try again and post the errors to get assistance. My goal was to add this make to my ps script so it will auto build if needed.

k
Old 09-20-2017, 11:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

My SageTV 9 with Phoenix 2 and SchedulesDirect is now working lovely it seems. Thanks to all of you who have been putting all the time and effort in to keeping Sage going!!!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage Icon

Jusjoken - have you given it more thought to detect current sagetv location or forcing the Options to make the Install path more obvious since still seem to have issues where upgrades/installs go to different path so folks "lose" their previous wiz.bin & properties files?
Old 09-21-2017, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

k
I'm targeting this weekend for the YouTube fixes.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm targeting this weekend for the YouTube fixes.
Are you going to target 9.1.7 or make it work with earlier versions too?

Either way i will test it out and get a 9.1.7 ready shortly after.

k
Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Jusjoken - have you given it more thought to detect current sagetv location or forcing the Options to make the Install path more obvious since still seem to have issues where upgrades/installs go to different path so folks "lose" their previous wiz.bin & properties files?
I did already make it so the install path is displayed clearly on the first screen.

Otherwise no, no time yet but perhaps i may take a shot over the next few weeks.

k
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
My SageTV 9 with Phoenix 2 and SchedulesDirect is now working lovely it seems. Thanks to all of you who have been putting all the time and effort in to keeping Sage going!!!

+1

I'm on 9.1.5 with the java 7 that was installed by it and very happy. Will be building a server for a relative in the next month or so because they saw what SageTV does and they want it for their house. That install will get whatever the latest version is at that time.

All of the developers here are amazing and much appreciated. Can't imagine not having sageTV. I still have not seen anything that approaches what it does.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

If only... The same day Narflex committed the update I tried to build a new DLL. I too thought, well all I need to do it get all of the dependencies lined up and this should work, no problem. 48 hours spent later, I was still having all kinds of problems with files for custom SageTV code not being in the right locations and what seemed like contradictory error messages because when you made the changes to satisfy one of them, another part of the process would break because of those changes.

To me at least, it's obvious the directory structures are not the same as they were on the computer this was first built on and it would have been invaluable if that build configuration was preserved so we could at least try to replicate it without all of this fiddling.

ImageLoader uses an FFmpeg library to do the heavy lifting, which is likely the only reason why it's built the way it is built. I'm not sure how we would get that to work in Visual Studio.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you going to target 9.1.7 or make it work with earlier versions too?

Either way i will test it out and get a 9.1.7 ready shortly after.

k
I will make it work with 9.1.7 and earlier.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
If only... The same day Narflex committed the update I tried to build a new DLL. I too thought, well all I need to do it get all of the dependencies lined up and this should work, no problem. 48 hours spent later, I was still having all kinds of problems with files for custom SageTV code not being in the right locations and what seemed like contradictory error messages because when you made the changes to satisfy one of them, another part of the process would break because of those changes.

To me at least, it's obvious the directory structures are not the same as they were on the computer this was first built on and it would have been invaluable if that build configuration was preserved so we could at least try to replicate it without all of this fiddling.

ImageLoader uses an FFmpeg library to do the heavy lifting, which is likely the only reason why it's built the way it is built. I'm not sure how we would get that to work in Visual Studio.
I poked around a bit yesterday and realized that it's a bit of a mess, to say the least. Since it is being built for Linux, the pieces must all be there. If I get some spare time I may tackle a Visual Studio project and/or batch file to attempt this. Once the dependent .libs are built rest is just the couple of source files in ImageLoader.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I poked around a bit yesterday and realized that it's a bit of a mess, to say the least. Since it is being built for Linux, the pieces must all be there. If I get some spare time I may tackle a Visual Studio project and/or batch file to attempt this. Once the dependent .libs are built rest is just the couple of source files in ImageLoader.
That would be great. Either approach i can incorporate into the installer build.

k
Old 09-23-2017, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I did already make it so the install path is displayed clearly on the first screen.

Otherwise no, no time yet but perhaps i may take a shot over the next few weeks.

k
Great Job, guess I missed that.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Great Job, guess I missed that.
Likely because that version has not been released yet

Perhaps along with 9.1.7 - time permitting.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 09-23-2017 at 11:33 AM.