SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
What I would try is getting the LAV filters:
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

And you can select them in Sage if you pick the "Show All Filters" option. Full disclosure, I don't really use SageClient but they do appear to work in it, from moments of testing.
Oh, well aware they can be selected until 'Show All Filters'. My point was they needed to be whitelisted to be on the main screen, especially if we want to move toward them being the primary and supplied decoders.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have not generally used PCs for playback, just extenders. But what is the recommended settings for both MPEG-2 and H.264 under Win 10?
The Microsoft Decoder in windows 10 does not have MPEG-2 Hardware acceleration it only has it for H.264. What I use is Renderer EVR .. MPEG decoder SageTV with hardware acceleration. H.264 I use Lav filters if you set to quicksync you might get out of Sync on H264. ... But if You are doing a clean Install of SageTV9 then you will not have the SageTV decoder. So I would use the LAV filters.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Oh, well aware they can be selected until 'Show All Filters'. My point was they needed to be whitelisted to be on the main screen, especially if we want to move toward them being the primary and supplied decoders.
Understood, I was just providing a quick answer to wayner who seemed to be looking for a practical "now" answer.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Whitelisting filters is easy. Just add them in sage.DShowMediaPlayer.{static} initializer. If you want to get really fancy, then update sage.DShowTVPlayer.autoOptimize() to do a better job of picking the decoders automatically on first run.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Whitelisting filters is easy. Just add them in sage.DShowMediaPlayer.{static} initializer. If you want to get really fancy, then update sage.DShowTVPlayer.autoOptimize() to do a better job of picking the decoders automatically on first run.
It's been a VERY long time since I've looked at the DirectX API's, but is there a way to filter filters down by what their input pins can accept? This might sort of auto list all compatible filters installed on a system.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's been a VERY long time since I've looked at the DirectX API's, but is there a way to filter filters down by what their input pins can accept? This might sort of auto list all compatible filters installed on a system.
When I looked into that years ago, there was no reliable way to do that. Things may have changed since then.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a Placeshifter installer coming as well?

Have the client and server files been updated with the V9 graphics yet?
Old 01-16-2016, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a Placeshifter installer coming as well?

There hasn't been any changes as of yet to placeshifter, so there's no reason for a separate v9 placeshifter installer. For now, just continue using the v7 one.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There hasn't been any changes as of yet to placeshifter, so there's no reason for a separate v9 placeshifter installer. For now, just continue using the v7 one.
So then is the licensing enforced at the server side which means you can have as many PS clients as you want with V9 without a license?
Old 01-16-2016, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So then is the licensing enforced at the server side which means you can have as many PS clients as you want with V9 without a license?
Yes, placeshifter (as well as MediaMVP and HD-100) licenses have always been server side licenses, and simply counted the number of simultaneous connections, and any connections over that ran in trial mode. The v9 server never runs out of licenses, essentially.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Along those lines, has any thought been given to replacing those? LAV Filters are probably among the highest regarded filters at the moment:
https://github.com/nevcairiel/lavfilters

Ideally that would involve changing the default filters to LAV as well.
I installed the LAV filters on windows but I don't see them as being available in the Sage Detailed Setup. Did I do something wrong?
Old 01-16-2016, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
However, I do plan on creating an installer for placeshifter....it will at least have the new splash screen and get us ready for future changes.

k
Old 01-16-2016, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The answer is yes....but I am still working on pulling out un-needed files to ensure we have a clean install that does not use unlicensed components.

No ETA but it is in progress.

k
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I installed the LAV filters on windows but I don't see them as being available in the Sage Detailed Setup. Did I do something wrong?
You've not done anything wrong - its just sage is pre-programmed with a selection of decoders to choose from, and LAV didn't really exist the last time that list was updated. On the decoder selection dialog, though, there is an option to show all filters, and the LAV Video Decoder and LAV Audio Decoder should be selectable in that list.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
You've not done anything wrong - its just sage is pre-programmed with a selection of decoders to choose from, and LAV didn't really exist the last time that list was updated. On the decoder selection dialog, though, there is an option to show all filters, and the LAV Video Decoder and LAV Audio Decoder should be selectable in that list.
Yup needless to say that case with LAV filter and other

Last edited by SHS; 01-18-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

From reading the previous posts,

If I wanted to go Version 9 and still have Closed Captioning then I will need to use a different decoder.

Is that what LAV is? A different decoder that support Closed Captioning?

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-18-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post

If I wanted to go Version 9 and still have Closed Captioning then I will need to use a different decoder.

Thank you

Bill
If it dosen't I sure you can used xy-VSFilter for that work or some other filter

Last edited by SHS; 01-18-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post

Thank you

Bill
It does not support closed captions... I have yet to find a free decoder that supports closed captions in SageTV ... if someone knows of one please let us know. If someone knows how to get closed captions using other decoders also please let us know.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
If it dosen't I sure you can used xy-VSFilter for that work or some other filter
I'm not sure xy-VSFilter (or xySubFilter) handle Closed Captioning, just subtitles. (though I can't say for sure - don't think I've ever turned on Closed Captioning).

Old 01-18-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure xy-VSFilter (or xySubFilter) handle Closed Captioning, just subtitles. (though I can't say for sure - don't think I've ever turned on Closed Captioning).
I think in Bill case it would for his rip media as his TV recording are embed Closed Captioning with in video steam that direcely overlay on top of recording from satellite settop box unless he also doing ATSC/QAM recording then in that case you would be rigth Fuzzy but Note: Bill is deaf like me only more so then me.

Last edited by SHS; 01-18-2016 at 11:16 AM.