SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Latest release available for testing (Release Candidate Installer).

Windows Files

Linux Files

Notes:
  • The Release Candidate version type refers to the installer and not the contents/exe in the installer
  • If upgrading from the same version level - 9.0.4.xxx to 9.0.4.xxx you will need to run the installer a 2nd time and select repair to insure ALL files get installed

I have started a Indiegogo campaign for my work on SageTV OS - Windows Installer and Gemstone 2 - see here if you would like to contribute

Almost missed the Indiegogo Campaign jusjoken - Checking it out now. Thanks by the way for making it.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Sage User

Installer problems

I will start by saying I have not been following the latest developments and just started reading.

I have a windows 10 pro system
running ver 7

I just tried to install ver 9

it could not register a number of the dll and a few other files.

I am in the process of rolling back to 7 but I thought you would like the input about registration problems

THANX
MITCH
Old 04-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchcecg View Post
I will start by saying I have not been following the latest developments and just started reading.

I have a windows 10 pro system
running ver 7

I just tried to install ver 9

it could not register a number of the dll and a few other files.

I am in the process of rolling back to 7 but I thought you would like the input about registration problems

THANX
MITCH
Today I just installed a new copy of win7 on a new drive, and had the same problem with the install. ended up installing ver7, and did a manual upgrade to 9
Old 04-02-2016, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
Today I just installed a new copy of win7 on a new drive, and had the same problem with the install. ended up installing ver7, and did a manual upgrade to 9
I would need more info to determine the issue as many people have successfully installed with the installer. If you can, please re-run the installer from an elevated command prompt and add /log .\log.txt and ipload the log for me to review.

thanks
k
Old 04-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
how did you do the manual upgrade ??
Old 04-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I would need more info to determine the issue as many people have successfully installed with the installer. If you can, please re-run the installer from an elevated command prompt and add /log .\log.txt and ipload the log for me to review.

thanks
k
Please find attached the log files they are zipped I ignored the errors so you could see all files that do not register
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (168.9 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by mitchcecg; 04-03-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchcecg View Post
Please find attached the log files they are zipped I ignored the errors so you could see all files that do not register
Thanks for posting this. At first glance some libraries are not registering with an error that a dependency is missing. I have yet to see this error from the installer but have not run it on windows 10 yet. I will have to try that out.

Was this a clean install or on top of v7 of sage?

I will dig in more this next week and see what i can find.

k
Old 04-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Thanks for posting this. At first glance some libraries are not registering with an error that a dependency is missing. I have yet to see this error from the installer but have not run it on windows 10 yet. I will have to try that out.

Was this a clean install or on top of v7 of sage?

I will dig in more this next week and see what i can find.

k

I have tried both ways on top of ver 7 was my first try then I uninstalled and tried. Both had the same results
Old 04-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:

thanks
k
My sage server is all setup and running, but I can try a new install on my laptop,and see if I have the same problems
Old 04-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoell View Post
I thought I would make one last comment on my installation of v9. Once I deleted all my plugins and got the v9 service to start and got SageTV to run I noticed one other anomaly. My bluray and dvd rip videos are out of order. I have a little over 100 rips and I usually view them in Videos by DVD/BD in alphabetic order. After the v9 install I noticed that they are scrambled. Now I have two different large groups of titles that are mostly alphabetical and 3 or 4 random titles that are not in either group.

I've looked at some of the metadata for some titles in each group and I can't find any common items that might cause Sage to sort this way. After spending hours trying to fix this I finally just wiped out my old installation of Sage and installed v7.1.9 from scratch. I verified that the videos were all back in one long alphabetical list. Then I installed v9 using the latest installer. As soon as I did this the video list was scrambled again. I ran the repair and there was no change.

As a last resort I started again from scratch and installed v7.1.9. This time I did not use the installer for v9. I followed the instructions on manually installing the v9 exe and jar files. Once again the video list was scrambled.

I'm not sure how many people have installed v9 to date but I see no comments anywhere on the forum about this. So it appears to be unique to me. It also appears to have nothing to do with the installer. I'm not sure it's worth anyone's time to try to troubleshoot. For now I'm going to revert back to v7.1.9 and continue to monitor the forums and see how the development goes.

Thanks to everyone working on this project. Glad to see SageTV moving forward.

Dave
Every fresh install and fresh client I install, I have to reset recording listings sort order through options from "Intelligent" (which I don't find intelligent at all) to an order by Date or Title... it has been so long since I installed anything, it was my wife who reminded me of the Options option.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskill View Post
Every fresh install and fresh client I install, I have to reset recording listings sort order through options from "Intelligent" (which I don't find intelligent at all) to an order by Date or Title... it has been so long since I installed anything, it was my wife who reminded me of the Options option.
Turns out this was a bug in v9 and Narflex fixed it so when someone builds another release the sort will be solved.

k
Old 04-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Turns out this was a bug in v9 and Narflex fixed it so when someone builds another release the sort will be solved.

k
Really? I don't recall hearing about that bug or doing anything to fix it. Did I fix it without knowing it?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Really? I don't recall hearing about that bug or doing anything to fix it. Did I fix it without knowing it?
Genius...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
You worked with me to fix this. I was having an issue with the sort on my DVD and BD video list. I put the issue on Github per advice from Jusjoken and you had me sending you logs when you were sitting in the airport .

Dave
Old 04-07-2016, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Your body double did it here....

I need one of those.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

GASP!!!

What did you do with the real NARFLEX???

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 04-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

If AC3 is already installed on the system then every time the installer is run it stops on a number of the ac3 files. Due to the file already existing.

So...

Clean windows system
Run installer v9
Uninstall v9 (does not uninstall the ac3 component)
Run installer v9
Hangs up on ac3 files

You have to go into the control panel and uninstall the ac3 component if it is there, before running the v9 installer.
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 04-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoell View Post
You worked with me to fix this. I was having an issue with the sort on my DVD and BD video list. I put the issue on Github per advice from Jusjoken and you had me sending you logs when you were sitting in the airport .

Dave
Lol...oh yeah...that bug.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptKirk View Post
If AC3 is already installed on the system then every time the installer is run it stops on a number of the ac3 files. Due to the file already existing.

So...

Clean windows system
Run installer v9
Uninstall v9 (does not uninstall the ac3 component)
Run installer v9
Hangs up on ac3 files

You have to go into the control panel and uninstall the ac3 component if it is there, before running the v9 installer.
I have performed this MANY times in testing and have not seen this result....so, can you provide more info on the OS so I can try to replicate.

It would help too if you run the installer the second time (when it hangs) from the command prompt and add /Log .\log.txt and then upload the logs so I can see the issue.

As info, I have tried to have the uninstall also uninstall the AC3 but the AC3 uninstall is an odd process that the Windows Installer won't seem to uninstall. I may dig more into this if it's causing issues but I had not found a reasonable way to have the V9 uninstall also remove AC3 (it also does not uninstall DirectX nor the Runtime Libraries)

k
Old 04-10-2016, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, so I just had a pretty massive failure attempting to upgrade, it looked like every DLL/ax file failed to register, and the service control app won't even start now, it complains that api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. Any thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: zip log_001_SageTVSetupMSI.zip (107.4 KB, 113 views)