SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@jusjoken - your PM box is full.
Resolved.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
PS: I still do not have a working CC with V7 so I have not made any progress on that issue. Not sure what is wrong as VLC shows the CC but I have not found a config in Sage V7 that does.

k
In my quick test of a client install, it looks like sage isn't even using the SageTV MPEG Video Decoder, even if it appears to be present. Looking int he debug, it appears to continue to use the Microsoft Decoder (which SHOULD still support captions, but Sage may not be setting up the graph properly to make use of it). I ran my file through ccextractor, and it certainly does have the captions, and sage is able to display the resulting .SRT file just fine.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-20-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Sage

Is there a log posted yet of when the SageTV decoders aren't being loaded even though they are present? I know there was one before...but that was due to other filters not being registered as well. If someone can post a log where this doesn't work, please do, and I'll take a look.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

More testing....I setup a Dell laptop with Windows 7 and did a clean install of SageTV 7 server and used the defaults in the config screens. I then played the sample nyplayer sent me and when I turned on CC1 it displayed the captions correct. So I finally have a V7 environment that shows CC

Then I used beta 0.002 (current release) which installs OVER V7 (does not remove v7), and the V9 install still worked for showing the CC on that same video. This is the example that nyplayer reported not working so something else must be different between these tests as my tests worked fine with the beta 0.002 installer on top of V7.
** can someone else test this so it's not just me that got this to work with beta 0.002 over V7)

Now, version 0.003 (not released yet), which removes V7 as part of the upgrade as it now uses the same upgradecode (the "correct" method for installers), no longer works as the MPEG Decoder is of course removed from the installer and not replaced as V9 does not include it.

This is where Jeff is suggesting I find some installer magic to determine if v7 is already installed and then copy out the files needed for the MPEG Decoder, perform the uninstall and then install, and then copy them back and re-register them. I still need to look into this but in theory this is doable in WIX with a custom action.

So I have a few options....
  • 1. find out how to do this custom action solution (likely the right method but may take a lot of time)
  • 2. use a new UpgradeCode like I did in beta 0.002 which IF v7 is already installed then it will just install OVER v7.
    • Pro - simple
    • Con - Programs and Features shows both V7 and V9 which may confuse users and if they uninstall the V7 it will break V9
    • Con - not a good windows installer practice
  • 3. work with others to find a new replacement solution that supports CC for v9 as the above solutions only work for previous licensed v7 users.
  • 4. other options ???
Thoughts?

Note: I also downloaded a demo from MainConcept who were the authors of the SageTV MPEG Decoders (as far as I understand) and there product seems to work well in SageTV...I was able to use their latest MPEG decoder which did display CC (I have had audio issues but I am hopeful that could be resolved with adjusting settings). This of course is a PAID product but could be an option for some.

k
Old 01-20-2016, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Is there a log posted yet of when the SageTV decoders aren't being loaded even though they are present? I know there was one before...but that was due to other filters not being registered as well. If someone can post a log where this doesn't work, please do, and I'll take a look.
Here's one I did. This computer had v7 on it, and I installed v9 n top. The SageTV decoders are still showing as registered, and they are still able to be loaded into GraphStudio.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WrongDecoder.zip (159.3 KB, 163 views)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Sage

OK, this is an easy fix. But I'd rather have it done by a Windows dev so they can verify that it still compiles afterwards. All that needs to be done is in native/dll/DShowPlayer-2/PlaybackGraph.cpp, delete lines 87-107. That should fix the problem.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, this is an easy fix. But I'd rather have it done by a Windows dev so they can verify that it still compiles afterwards. All that needs to be done is in native/dll/DShowPlayer-2/PlaybackGraph.cpp, delete lines 87-107. That should fix the problem.
Looks simple enough and I have the environment building well so I will make and test this change.

k
Old 01-21-2016, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This looks like part of the issue i entered about simplifying graph generation to get rid of specific workarounds and fixes. There's a lot more in there that's been deprecated for one reason or another, and there are a LOT of if blocks that might need some cleaning.

I'm thinking of another improvement that might be nice, would be the ability to enter an ordered list of filters for a xxx_video_decoder property, so it will add a series of filters in a chain. This would allow some more complex configurations that can be had with a single decoder filter + one global postprocessing filter. I'd love to, for instance, be able to

Code:
h264_video_decoder=LAV Video Decoder;ffmpeg raw video filter;3dtv.at Stereo Transformation

Old 01-21-2016, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
This looks like part of the issue i entered about simplifying graph generation to get rid of specific workarounds and fixes. There's a lot more in there that's been deprecated for one reason or another, and there are a LOT of if blocks that might need some cleaning.

I'm thinking of another improvement that might be nice, would be the ability to enter an ordered list of filters for a xxx_video_decoder property, so it will add a series of filters in a chain. This would allow some more complex configurations that can be had with a single decoder filter + one global postprocessing filter. I'd love to, for instance, be able to

Code:
h264_video_decoder=LAV Video Decoder;ffmpeg raw video filter;3dtv.at Stereo Transformation
Did you want to take on this change plus your other thoughts?

It may be a bit till i would get at it so let me know.

k
Old 01-21-2016, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you want to take on this change plus your other thoughts?

It may be a bit till i would get at it so let me know.

k
I can't right now as I don't have a build environment to test things (and likely won't for another week or so). Just go ahead and handle Jeff's suggested edit, so at least captions might get working for those who need it - the other stuff is cleanup that I can work on at a later date (time permitting).

Old 01-22-2016, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
See attached for a test version for anyone to try on V9. With SageTV shut down, just replace the same named file in the SageTV\SageTV folder.

k
Attached Files
File Type: zip DShowPlayer.zip (265.6 KB, 154 views)
Old 01-22-2016, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
See attached for a test version for anyone to try on V9. With SageTV shut down, just replace the same named file in the SageTV\SageTV folder.

k
I did some more testing to narrow down this issue. I did a clean v7 install and had the CC working...all default settings except I enabled CC1 in the OSD options.

I then copied in the Lucene, Sage.jar and SageTV.exe from v9 latest and tested and the CC still worked.

I then copied in this new version of the DShowPlayer.dll and the CC were no longer shown.

So there must be something else in this dll that is causing the CC to not show.

My server log attached (was running the UI on the Server).

k
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (261.5 KB, 147 views)
Old 01-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
I did some more testing to narrow down this issue. I did a clean v7 install and had the CC working...all default settings except I enabled CC1 in the OSD options.

I then copied in the Lucene, Sage.jar and SageTV.exe from v9 latest and tested and the CC still worked.

I then copied in this new version of the DShowPlayer.dll and the CC were no longer shown.

So there must be something else in this dll that is causing the CC to not show.

My server log attached (was running the UI on the Server).

k
OK, I think I found the other problem. We ended up having 2 variants of the MPEG Decoders with the product...one was DXVA enabled and supported CC, the other did not. We referred to both of them as the "SageTV MPEG Video Deocder" in the code and then selected the proper one based on another config setting at the native layer. So try this code in place of that block that I had you delete:

Code:
	if (!strcmp("SageTV MPEG Video Decoder", cName)|| !strcmp( "SageTV MPEG-2 Video Decoder", cName ) )
	{
		if (GetRegistryDword(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\\Frey Technologies\\Common\\DSFilters\\MpegDec",
				"EnableDXVA", 0))
		{
			slog((env, "Using DXVA Enabled SageTV MPEG-2 Video Decoder\r\n"));
			hr = FindFilterByName(&pFilter, CLSID_LegacyAmFilterCategory, "SageTV MPEG-2 Video Decoder");
		}
		else
		{
			slog((env, "Using legacy SageTV MPEG Video Decoder\r\n"));
			hr = FindFilterByName(&pFilter, CLSID_LegacyAmFilterCategory, "SageTV MPEG Video Decoder");
		}
	}
	else
		hr = FindFilterByName(&pFilter, CLSID_LegacyAmFilterCategory, cName);
Old 01-22-2016, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, I think I found the other problem. We ended up having 2 variants of the MPEG Decoders with the product...one was DXVA enabled and supported CC, the other did not. We referred to both of them as the "SageTV MPEG Video Deocder" in the code and then selected the proper one based on another config setting at the native layer. So try this code in place of that block that I had you delete:
That seems to have resolved it.. See attached if anyone wants to test it.

I will include this in the next installer once I figure out the "saving" of the V7 Decoder if it exists during the install.

k
Attached Files
File Type: zip DShowPlayer.zip (265.7 KB, 143 views)
Old 01-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Sage Icon

I did a clean install 9.0.3.214_beta on a win 10/32 pc (into c:\SageTV) and while installing got the follownig message - "StrmDeMux.ax failed to register" with a long error number.

After choosing retry several times (same result) I hit ignored and the install did complete.

I tried to register using regsrv32 but that failed. When I try to start SageTVService I get message that service has started then stopped.

When I click the desktop SageTV9 icon I get the following Message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/vecmath/matrix4f
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 01-23-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
I did a clean install 9.0.3.214_beta on a win 10/32 pc (into c:\SageTV) and while installing got the follownig message - "StrmDeMux.ax failed to register" with a long error number.

After choosing retry several times (same result) I hit ignored and the install did complete.

I tried to register using regsrv32 but that failed. When I try to start SageTVService I get message that service has started then stopped.

When I click the desktop SageTV9 icon I get the following Message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/vecmath/matrix4f
I have never tried changing the install folder so i may not be setting a path properly someplace during install. I will try this on my Virtual test system and see what happens.

thanks for all the details..it should help.

k
Old 01-23-2016, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Haven't done much with Win 10 yet - are the permissions configured to write and install directly to the C drive?
Old 01-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have never tried changing the install folder so i may not be setting a path properly someplace during install.
I uninstalled from C:\SageTV and reinstalled into c:\Program Files\SageTV.
Installed with no issues. However, Runs fine from desktop icon but can't get to run in service mode.

Did replace the dll that was installed with the one posted above but still no Closed Captions from my mpg video files containing CC.

I am using Sage TV decoder for mpg2. Is that the correct choice in setup for mpeg 2??
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 01-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Haven't done much with Win 10 yet - are the permissions configured to write and install directly to the C drive?
Everything installed to c:\sagetv with the exception of the StrmDeMux.ax file failing to register as far as I can tell.

Also, sage 7 installs on win 10 to c:\sagetv without issue.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
I am using Sage TV decoder for mpg2. Is that the correct choice in setup for mpeg 2??
Yes, but you also need the DXVA option enabled.

I should have some time today to look into the custom install location issue... i imagine any entry other than using the default will cause an issue. I think i know of a change i made recently that likely cause that issue.

k