SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Correct with one caveat. In Docker, most of the time, the host OS needs to load the drivers for a peripheral. It doesn't matter if the container "OS" comes with drivers when installed as a full OS. So in order to use a peripheral in Docker, the host OS (in this case unRAID) needs to at least be able to load a driver for it.
And it is possible that the DVB builds of unRAID (which you need to use to get the HD-PVR driver anyway) include 1394 drivers, but I don't know that for sure (I have no devices with a firewire port).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-12-2017, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
And it is possible that the DVB builds of unRAID (which you need to use to get the HD-PVR driver anyway)
Whoa - I wasn't aware of this. Where do I get these builds - here http://lime-technology.com/forum/ind...?topic=47899.0 and which one of the six or so variants do I use for SageTV with an HD-PVR?

Can you do this after doing initial configuration or does this have to be the version that you initially boot up from on the USB key?
Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Whoa - I wasn't aware of this. Where do I get these builds - here http://lime-technology.com/forum/ind...?topic=47899.0 and which one of the six or so variants do I use for SageTV with an HD-PVR?

Can you do this after doing initial configuration or does this have to be the version that you initially boot up from on the USB key?
The kernel can be swapped about relatively freely (has to be rebooted of course to take effect). I believe I am using 6.2.4 of the LibreELEC kernel.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

It appears I spoke too soon; crash logs are still being created. Should I increase the time even more?

I'm still getting missed shows, and I think the conflict manager runs, but it only flashes when I start the machine to check to see exactly what shows have conflicts resolved (assuming the missing tuners are the cause)

Something is causing missed shows, but I'm not sure if it has something to due with these crash logs or something else.

EDIT:
What I don't understand; I have the machine starting up 10 min (I just increased that time to 15) before the 1st recorded show starts. Even if OpenDCT was not able to "connect" to the card within that 4 min, would it not retry in 124ms after that, and continue on until it does. So at some point inside of 10 min. it certainly should be finding the card no?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-01-12_20-07-43.jpg (267.2 KB, 99 views)
File Type: png 2017-01-11_16-47-49.png (36.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by AlphaCrew; 01-12-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
Testing now.. Thank you for the quick response. I just wanted you to know, this piece of software you've written and developed is fantastic, and I would really like to know if there is a mechanism in place where one could throw you a couple of bucks for some 'scooby snacks'?

You absolutely deserve it.

EDIT: No crash logs after wake from hibernation.
This program has really been such an amazing bonus to the SageTV community.

For me, after some minimal fiddling a few years ago, OpenDCT has just been silky smooth. I've been following this thread for a while, and it's amazing to see how a random post by a user will result in a fully functional fix/feature within weeks (i.e. music streaming channels, closed captioning, DRM channel warnings, tuner pooling, etc.).

I have really thought about repaying the benefit by writing a much more elementary guide for newcomers on the amazing benefits and ever expanding features of this program. To my knowledge it doesn't exist.

Unfortunately I am really limited in my knowledge (of SageTV networking, transcoding, the nitty gritty specifics of how the HDHR hardware works, etc.). The troubleshooting regulars here on this thread spout so much networking lingo it's easy to get lost.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 01-12-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Need to eliminate stutter/freezing moments

So I've had a great first week of operation with OpenDCT. The only issue is a pesky habit of freezing for 1-3 seconds every 2-15 minutes. The pauses are part of the capture, because I can skip back and replay the skip.

The issue doesn't track to a particular hard drive or channel. My OpenDCT setup is totally stock, controlling two Prime boxes.

Any suggestions re things to tweak or check out? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
So I've had a great first week of operation with OpenDCT. The only issue is a pesky habit of freezing for 1-3 seconds every 2-15 minutes. The pauses are part of the capture, because I can skip back and replay the skip.

The issue doesn't track to a particular hard drive or channel. My OpenDCT setup is totally stock, controlling two Prime boxes.

Any suggestions re things to tweak or check out? Thanks!
Need logs first. opendct.log should shed some light on what's going on.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It appears I spoke too soon; crash logs are still being created. Should I increase the time even more?

I'm still getting missed shows, and I think the conflict manager runs, but it only flashes when I start the machine to check to see exactly what shows have conflicts resolved (assuming the missing tuners are the cause)

Something is causing missed shows, but I'm not sure if it has something to due with these crash logs or something else.

EDIT:
What I don't understand; I have the machine starting up 10 min (I just increased that time to 15) before the 1st recorded show starts. Even if OpenDCT was not able to "connect" to the card within that 4 min, would it not retry in 124ms after that, and continue on until it does. So at some point inside of 10 min. it certainly should be finding the card no?
Some of this might be how v7 handles network encoders. I know there were some enhancements in that area. Do the crash logs still trail off complaining about APIPA addresses?
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-13-2017, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Some of this might be how v7 handles network encoders. I know there were some enhancements in that area. Do the crash logs still trail off complaining about APIPA addresses?
It appears my problem goes a wee bit deeper that originally thought. I'm actually getting missed shows on all installed tuners. Infinity4 and 2250's

Here are all my OpenDCT logs..
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendct.zip (102.2 KB, 93 views)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, Fuzzy! Here is the log file. I looked at it and it MIGHT contain actual Greek for all the wisdom I gleaned.

Appreciate the help,
--John
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendct.zip (8.1 KB, 99 views)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, Fuzzy! Here is the log file. I looked at it and it MIGHT contain actual Greek for all the wisdom I gleaned.

Appreciate the help,
--John
Nothing overly crazy in there, but also nothing that should cause such consistent issues. You might try switching away from using the FFMPEG consumer. I use the MediaServerConsumer exclusively:
Code:
consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.MediaServerConsumerImpl
This should use the remux in the sagetv server to clean up the files, and I have great recordings all the time.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nothing overly crazy in there, but also nothing that should cause such consistent issues. You might try switching away from using the FFMPEG consumer. I use the MediaServerConsumer exclusively:
Code:
This should use the remux in the sagetv server to clean up the files, and I have great recordings all the time.
Thanks Fuzzy for posting this ... I guess I missed this property channel changes are quicker... and recordings are cleaner.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Code:
So is this a V9-specific remuxer? When I put this in my openDCT parameter file, it killed my ability to view TV. I'm running V7 still.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Thanks Fuzzy for posting this ... I guess I missed this property channel changes are quicker... and recordings are cleaner.
Most of those delays you're experiencing with FFmpeg are to help v7 detect formats correctly. I will be removing them soon since people are about to be forced to upgrade.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So is this a V9-specific remuxer? When I put this in my openDCT parameter file, it killed my ability to view TV. I'm running V7 still.
Yes. That was implemented early last year in v9.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It appears my problem goes a wee bit deeper that originally thought. I'm actually getting missed shows on all installed tuners. Infinity4 and 2250's

Here are all my OpenDCT logs..
I don't see much other than the InfiniTV takes a very long time to come back from standby. Unfortunately I'm fairly sure in v7, if the network encoder isn't ready when it wants to use it, it gets disabled and stays disabled. It looks like the timeout is still around 2 minutes. Can you post your opendct.properties file?

Old 01-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't see much other than the InfiniTV takes a very long time to come back from standby. Unfortunately I'm fairly sure in v7, if the network encoder isn't ready when it wants to use it, it gets disabled and stays disabled. It looks like the timeout is still around 2 minutes. Can you post your opendct.properties file?
Thanks for your feedback, I've attached the properties file that you requested.

What I don't understand; why I'm now getting missed shows on my 2250's. OpenDCT isn't doing anything with them is it?

Perhaps I've somehow screwed something up unrelated to OpenDCT.

Thanks for all your help. I'm running a new test; I've changed the sleep parameters of the machine, disabling all hybrid hibernation functions to see if it's related to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendct.zip (2.0 KB, 89 views)
Old 01-13-2017, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback, I've attached the properties file that you requested.

What I don't understand; why I'm now getting missed shows on my 2250's. OpenDCT isn't doing anything with them is it?

Perhaps I've somehow screwed something up unrelated to OpenDCT.

Thanks for all your help. I'm running a new test; I've changed the sleep parameters of the machine, disabling all hybrid hibernation functions to see if it's related to it.
Everything looks good in there. I'll need to do some testing on my side to see if I can reproduce the early timeout situation that you're seeing. OpenDCT currently only works with network interface based devices, so it shouldn't be doing anything with your 2250's.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ahh, yes, the remuxer is v9 only. sorry - hadn't realized you were on v7 still.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Everything looks good in there. I'll need to do some testing on my side to see if I can reproduce the early timeout situation that you're seeing. OpenDCT currently only works with network interface based devices, so it shouldn't be doing anything with your 2250's.
Thanks for all your help.

Out of curiosity, is OpenDCT honoring that time setting (I think I have up to 8 min now) you had me change?