SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammike View Post
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I last posted to the Sage forums. I tried installing OpenDCT this evening and am having some trouble getting it to work. It would seem to be finding my HDHomerun Prime okay, but I'm getting the "No Signal" message when I try to tune a channel. I installed the .4.18 beta of OpenDCT, my Sage server is on Windows 8.1 and I'm running Sage version 7.1.9. I've also updated my Java to the latest version.

I've uploaded my log and config files. If someone could take a look at the files, and point me in the right direction or make a suggestion, it would be most appreciated.

Incidentally as a long time Sage user (almost 10 years), it's really nice to see tools like this being developed and supported for Sage again. Many thanks to EnterNoEscape.

Mike
The logs are telling me that for some reason the packets from the HDHomeRun Prime are not being received. I can see the content is copy freely, so that's likely not the issue. Do you have a firewall other than the Windows firewall installed? Also I just want to make sure 172.16.10.200 is the IP address of the computer you installed OpenDCT on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
OpenDCT has been working very well for several weeks - but just experienced a problem - tried to change channel to CBS and it locked up - got spinning circle. Rebooted Sage server and repeated and it happened again. This is on my Sage V7 server Win7 x64. CBS came in fine on my Avermedia card, though. Crash logs are attached.
The crash you see is for the same reason as another forum member. The network interfaces at startup were not initialized when OpenDCT started, so it had no interfaces to broadcast from. The next beta does address this situation. The version you're using only addresses this when coming out of standby.

As far as you can tell it's just CBS? It's strange that it completely locked up; I don't see any evidence in the logs of struggles with getting the channel to come in. I was hoping (not really in a good way) that your logs would show CGMS-A copy protection kicking in. That one bit me earlier in the year and I ended up just removing CBS from my InfiniTV lineup. My HDHomeRun would record from ClearQAM instead since it doesn't care about copy protection. I eventually got around it on my InfiniTV 6 by using some unsupported firmware.

- Joe
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 02-10-2016 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post

The crash you see is for the same reason as another forum member. The network interfaces at startup were not initialized when OpenDCT started, so it had no interfaces to broadcast from. The next beta does address this situation. The version you're using only addresses this when coming out of standby.

As far as you can tell it's just CBS? It's strange that it completely locked up; I don't see any evidence in the logs of struggles with getting the channel to come in. I was hoping (not really in a good way) that your logs would show CGMS-A copy protection kicking in. That one bit me earlier in the year and I ended up just removing CBS from my InfiniTV lineup. My HDHomeRun would record from ClearQAM instead since it doesn't care about copy protection. I eventually got around it on my InfiniTV 6 by using some unsupported firmware.

- Joe
So far it's just CBS - I repeated this 3-4 times, resetting the server each time. The final time it locked up, I turned off the HD300 and waited a long time, then turned it back on. Unlike the other times, this time the HD300 re-connected and I was able to resume using SageTV. So I guess it may recover if I wait long enough. (I hit the stop button when I saw the spinning circle each time, but initially got no response). I could not repeat this on my Win10 SageV9 server with OpenDCT - CBS worked on that one. That Ceton PCIe 6 card has the latest released firmware=14.10.3.163. The V7 server with the problem is running 13.5.6.132.

Are you using the Ceton beta firmware for CGMS? I was afraid to install that because it was reported to have a memory leak, and so far I have not really encountered a reason to use it. Ceton seems to have ceased updating anything for the past year after offering that beta.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes, that's the firmware I'm referring to. I noticed that it can cause unstable signal locking, but I haven't been able to find the right combination. I suppose it could be a symptom of a memory leak; I didn't investigate that. I haven't seen it in a few weeks though, so it could have just been me doing something it didn't like too.

It's interesting that everything worked well on the Windows 10 computer. I can see in your logs from the Windows 7 computer that OpenDCT successfully tunes the CBS 11 news several times and returns OK to SageTV. That pretty much means that the busy icon isn't coming from OpenDCT being unresponsive. I suspect the hanging you're seeing is the HD300 trying to start playback unsuccessfully.

I've noticed that SageTV actually prefers that the network encoder doesn't return until everything needed to successfully read the video and audio in the file has been written. The newer versions of OpenDCT still in testing will actually hold on to the request while it waits for FFmpeg to start actually writing up to 5 seconds before it returns regardless of the results. This was needed to support MPEG-PS. This gives you a good balance between reliability and responsiveness.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Sage User

Crashing daily

Began using OpenDCT last month without many problems until this past week. The service is now stopping everyday due to a listening port error:

23:02:23.603 [SageTVSocketServer-46:9000] INFO SageTVSocketServer - Started listening on port 9000...
23:02:23.603 [SageTVDiscovery-45] ERROR SageTVDiscovery - Unable to open the network encoder discovery broadcast port => {} java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.DatagramChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.DatagramSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)
at opendct.sagetv.SageTVDiscovery.run(SageTVDiscovery.java:97)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

23:02:23.603 [SageTVDiscovery-45] FATAL ExitCode - OpenDCT experienced a fatal error: SageTVDiscovery was unable to open a required listening port.

I was using the updated Java 1.8. Thinking that this may be causing problem due to recent updates, I uninstalled and then installed Java 1.7. All was well until 11 pm last night.

Would appreciate any insight and help with resolution.

Thank you for all your work and efforts!
Mike

Last edited by realcap; 02-10-2016 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Removed attachments
Old 02-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

The server is on 172.16.10.200 and no other firewall. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Windows 8 though, it's possible I missed something. I briefly turned off the Windows firewall, but that didn't help either.

I'm going to do some more digging. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-10-2016, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcap View Post
Began using OpenDCT last month without many problems until this past week. The service is now stopping everyday due to a listening port error:

23:02:23.603 [SageTVSocketServer-46:9000] INFO SageTVSocketServer - Started listening on port 9000...
23:02:23.603 [SageTVDiscovery-45] ERROR SageTVDiscovery - Unable to open the network encoder discovery broadcast port => {} java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.DatagramChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.DatagramSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)
at opendct.sagetv.SageTVDiscovery.run(SageTVDiscovery.java:97)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

23:02:23.603 [SageTVDiscovery-45] FATAL ExitCode - OpenDCT experienced a fatal error: SageTVDiscovery was unable to open a required listening port.

I was using the updated Java 1.8. Thinking that this may be causing problem due to recent updates, I uninstalled and then installed Java 1.7. All was well until 11 pm last night.

Log files are attached. Would appreciate any insight and help with resolution.

Thank you for all your work and efforts!
Mike
It looks like for some reason upload id isn't able to establish a connection to the SageTV server and the fallback to try and write to a file is failing (probably because the service isn't running under a user account and you're using a UNC). Then it looks like JavaCPP starts getting a lot of null pointer exceptions leading to the eventual crashing of the JVM. Even with this kind of failure, that shouldn't be happening. I found the problem and fixed it. The abnormal termination results in port 9000 never being correctly closed. You would likely need to reboot to fix that condition. I'll try to have a new version uploaded for you today.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Sage User

Ok, rebooted after MS updates. Will look for update. Thanks much!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammike View Post
The server is on 172.16.10.200 and no other firewall. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Windows 8 though, it's possible I missed something. I briefly turned off the Windows firewall, but that didn't help either.

I'm going to do some more digging. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
I looked over your logs again and I can't really find anything that's wrong other than the packets for whatever reason are not being received. Normally that's a firewall problem. If you have the HDHomeRun software installed, you can do a test with their tools to see if it's OpenDCT or something else.

This is based on one of the channels I saw you trying to tune. Open a command prompt and type the following.
Code:
cd /d "C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun"
hdhomerun_config.exe 131AFDAC set /tuner0/vchannel 1054
hdhomerun_config.exe 131AFDAC save 0 null
After a few periods, press Ctrl-C. You should see statistics that looks something like:
Code:
-- Video statistics --
7972 packets received, 0 overflow errors, 0 network errors, 0 transport errors,
0 sequence errors

Old 02-10-2016, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

0.4.23-Beta Release

You're not seeing things. The release version jumped a few dot releases. There were some new features that I wanted to work out with their strongest advocates before making them generally available.

Here's a somewhat condensed version of what happened up to this release.
  • MPEG-PS support was added. This also comes with a delay in tuning because SageTV will not correctly detect the audio and video without it. It's the exact same delay that you waited on the black screen for before, so if anything it might actually feel faster.
  • FFmpeg audio and video detection accuracy has been improved. [ws] The program now waits until a video and all audio streams are detected. Previously it was happy with just finding a video and at least one audio stream.
  • Upload id for new installations is disabled by default.
  • Upload id has been made more robust so it will try harder to open the file for writing.
  • At startup OpenDCT now requires at least one network interface to have an IP address. It will wait up to 2 minutes by default.
  • The circular buffer will now dynamically expand up to 3 times in size during detection. This will help with a few situations I have seen.
  • Experimental support for HDHomeRun ATSC/QAM devices (notably the Connect).

Notes on experimental ATSC/QAM support:
This has been working well for me, but I would be prepared to expect problems. Also you will need to put the HDHomeRun in the desired mode (us-bcast or us-cable) before running OpenDCT because OpenDCT will decide what tuning mode it's using based on that setting. On newer devices you can set it on the device webpage. QAM currently is based on automatically getting channels by referencing an InfiniTV device that has a CableCARD installed. If this all sounds confusing, I recommend waiting until it gets a little more streamlined and less experimental. To enable this feature you also need to enable the new device discovery interface by changing discovery.exp_enabled from false to true in opendct.properties.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 02-11-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention FFmpeg enhancement.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for checking the logs! I ran the commands you suggested and everything came back fine. I was starting to wonder what else it could be, I'd even tried it with the firewall turned off with no luck. Then I happened to notice that Windows for some reason had changed our wired network from being a home network to a public one. I really hate Windows 8. We had a power outage a couple days ago and I guess when the PC rebooted Windows changed the definition for some reason. I set the network back to home and now, it works perfectly! I can't thank you enough for the help!

Mike
Old 02-10-2016, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I definitely need to remember that one. The public profile I believe blocks all incoming traffic. OpenDCT puts some rules in place I would have thought should have dealt with this situation. I suspect there's something extra about the public profile that I'm not familiar with; not surprising. I'm glad you figured it out!

Other Note: I almost forgot. I don't know if this is what you did when you disabled the firewall, but I'm going to mention it anyway. Starting in Windows 8 and up, never disable the Windows Firewall service. It will break all kinds of things you never expected because it's not just the firewall that runs under that service. For example, you will have lot of trouble with the app store and on Windows 10, you may not even be able to open the Start menu. If you need to disable the firewall, you have to do it via the Windows Firewall applet.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 02-10-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

In version 0.4.18 I had pooling enabled, but the property pool.enable=false is no longer in the default properties file. Was there a change in how pooling works? OK just to add "pool.enable=true" to the properties file?

Ditto for producer.rtp.nionative_udp_receive_buffer, which I had doubled from the default in 0.4.18. Do the changes in the circular buffer make that property no longer necessary?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 02-11-2016, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

They are still valid. You can just add those to opendct.properties. Did you delete that file when you upgraded or is this a new install? Opendct.properties should not be getting overwritten on upgrades.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
They are still valid. You can just add those to opendct.properties. Did you delete that file when you upgraded or is this a new install? Opendct.properties should not be getting overwritten on upgrades.
I rename my old properties file before each beta upgrade to insure that I revert back to defaults with each new version. My assumption is that each new version is somewhat more robust than previous ones in handling the halt or error conditions we've run into, so I'd rather test each new version at defaults before I start adjusting things.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 02-11-2016, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard View Post
I rename my old properties file before each beta upgrade to insure that I revert back to defaults with each new version. My assumption is that each new version is somewhat more robust than previous ones in handling the halt or error conditions we've run into, so I'd rather test each new version at defaults before I start adjusting things.
That's not a bad assumption. I change defaults with the understanding that they will not apply to current configurations. I will create a new property if I felt it was urgent for everyone use the new setting.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the info about the Windows firewall. I used the app rather than disable the service, but it was just dumb luck.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

OpenDCT 0.4.24-Beta

This is not an urgent update unless you're having problems with getting ATSC tuning to work.

This update fixed some legacy ATSC tuning issues.

This update also has some performance optimizations for how FFmpeg reads data. They help the most on channels with very low data throughput like Music Choice. I'll be interested to know if anyone sees anything bad happen as a result. Bad in this case would mean crazy CPU usage or lots of recording errors. Don't let this scare you, the changes have been very stable for me for over a week.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

This is not an urgent update unless you're having problems with getting ATSC tuning to work.

This update fixed some legacy ATSC tuning issues.

This update also has some performance optimizations for how FFmpeg reads data. They help the most on channels with very low data throughput like Music Choice. I'll be interested to know if anyone sees anything bad happen as a result. Bad in this case would mean crazy CPU usage or lots of recording errors. Don't let this scare you, the changes have been very stable for me for over a week.
Legacy Tuners now work. Channel Changes are 1 to 2 seconds.

I am not sure if I should set this to true ... hdhr.always_tune_legacy=false ... it works anyway.

Here is my properties I am now running 14 tuners with Opendct ... Legacy Tuners , Connects and Primes.

Code:
#OpenDCT Configuration File
#Thu Feb 11 19:07:06 PST 2016
channels.prime.enable_all_channels=true
channels.prime.ignore_channels_csv=
channels.prime.ignore_names_containing_csv=Target Ads,VZ_URL_SOURCE,VZ_EPG_SOURCE
channels.prime.remove_duplicate_channels=true
channels.qam.automap_reference_lookup=true
channels.qam.automap_tuning_lookup=false
channels.update=true
consumer.ffmpeg.circular_buffer_size=7864320
consumer.ffmpeg.linux_logging=false
consumer.ffmpeg.max_analyze_duration=5000000
consumer.ffmpeg.min_analyze_duration=165440
consumer.ffmpeg.min_probe_size=165440
consumer.ffmpeg.min_upload_id_transfer_size=20680
consumer.ffmpeg.rw_buffer_size=20680
consumer.ffmpeg.thread_priority=8
consumer.ffmpeg.upload_id_enabled=false
consumer.ffmpeg.upload_id_port=7818
discovery.devices.exp_always_enable=true
discovery.devices_permitted=
discovery.exp_enabled=true
hdhr.always_tune_legacy=false
hdhr.broadcast_s=58
hdhr.discoverer_enabled=true
hdhr.locking=true
hdhr.qam.automap_reference_lookup=true
hdhr.qam.automap_tuning_lookup=false
hdhr.retry_count=2
hdhr.retune_poll_s=1
log.min_free_space=1073741824
log.remove_after_days=30
pm.enabled=true
pm.network.resume_timeout_ms=120000
pm.network.start_retry=120
pool.enabled=true
producer.rtp.nio.native_udp_receive_buffer=5312000
rtsp.new.default_impl=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
rtsp.port_high=8500
rtsp.port_low=8300
sagetv.device.-1171762303.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1171762303.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR-US Tuner 10164628-1
sagetv.device.-1171762303.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1171762303.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1171762303.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1171762303.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.-1171762303.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1171762303.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.-1171762304.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1171762304.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR-US Tuner 10164628-0
sagetv.device.-1171762304.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1171762304.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1171762304.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1171762304.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.-1171762304.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1171762304.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.-1181897347.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1181897347.device_name=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131A192A-2
sagetv.device.-1181897347.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1181897347.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1181897347.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1181897347.encoder_pool=dct
sagetv.device.-1181897347.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1181897347.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.-1181897348.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1181897348.device_name=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131A192A-1
sagetv.device.-1181897348.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1181897348.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1181897348.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1181897348.encoder_pool=dct
sagetv.device.-1181897348.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1181897348.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.-1181897349.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1181897349.device_name=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131A192A-0
sagetv.device.-1181897349.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1181897349.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1181897349.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1181897349.encoder_pool=dct
sagetv.device.-1181897349.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1181897349.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.-1689773977.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1689773977.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR-US Tuner 1015A352-1
sagetv.device.-1689773977.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1689773977.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1689773977.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1689773977.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.-1689773977.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1689773977.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.-1689773978.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.-1689773978.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR-US Tuner 1015A352-0
sagetv.device.-1689773978.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.-1689773978.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.-1689773978.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.-1689773978.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.-1689773978.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1689773978.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.1259078835.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.1259078835.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US Tuner 104112F4-0
sagetv.device.1259078835.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.1259078835.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.1259078835.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.1259078835.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.1259078835.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.1259078835.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.1259078836.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.1259078836.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US Tuner 104112F4-1
sagetv.device.1259078836.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.1259078836.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.1259078836.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.1259078836.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.1259078836.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.1259078836.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.1402135217.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.1402135217.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US Tuner 104162C4-0
sagetv.device.1402135217.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.1402135217.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.1402135217.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.1402135217.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.1402135217.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.1402135217.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.1402135218.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.1402135218.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US Tuner 104162C4-1
sagetv.device.1402135218.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.1402135218.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.1402135218.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.1402135218.encoder_pool=atsc
sagetv.device.1402135218.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.1402135218.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.346616718.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.346616718.device_name=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13147C7B-0
sagetv.device.346616718.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.346616718.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.346616718.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.346616718.encoder_pool=dct
sagetv.device.346616718.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.346616718.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.346616719.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.346616719.device_name=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13147C7B-1
sagetv.device.346616719.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.346616719.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.346616719.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.346616719.encoder_pool=dct
sagetv.device.346616719.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.346616719.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.346616720.always_force_external_unlock=false
sagetv.device.346616720.device_name=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13147C7B-2
sagetv.device.346616720.encoder_level=3.0
sagetv.device.346616720.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.346616720.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.346616720.encoder_pool=dct
sagetv.device.346616720.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.346616720.last_channel=-1
sagetv.device.global.ignore_devices_csv=
sagetv.device.global.only_devices_csv=
sagetv.device.global.required_devices_loaded_count=0
sagetv.device.global.required_devices_loaded_timeout_ms=30000
sagetv.device.parent.-1880031401.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.parent.-1880031401.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR-US 10164628
sagetv.device.parent.-1880031401.lineup=atsc_hdhomerun_legacy
sagetv.device.parent.-1880031401.offline_scan=false
sagetv.device.parent.-1880031401.rtsp=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
sagetv.device.parent.-1880570435.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.parent.-1880570435.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR-US 1015A352
sagetv.device.parent.-1880570435.lineup=atsc_hdhomerun_legacy
sagetv.device.parent.-1880570435.offline_scan=false
sagetv.device.parent.-1880570435.rtsp=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.cable_card_inserted=true
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.device_name=HDHomeRun DRI Tuner 13147C7B
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.lineup=dct_hdhomerun
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.local_ip_override=10.0.0.25
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.manufacturer=Silicondust
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.offline_scan=false
sagetv.device.parent.1281833207.rtsp=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.cable_card_inserted=true
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.device_name=HDHomeRun DRI Tuner 131A192A
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.lineup=dct_hdhomerun
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.local_ip_override=10.0.0.25
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.manufacturer=Silicondust
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.offline_scan=false
sagetv.device.parent.1293650468.rtsp=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
sagetv.device.parent.92696650.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.parent.92696650.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US 104112F4
sagetv.device.parent.92696650.lineup=atsc_hdhomerun
sagetv.device.parent.92696650.offline_scan=false
sagetv.device.parent.92696650.rtsp=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
sagetv.device.parent.92845512.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.parent.92845512.device_name=HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US 104162C4
sagetv.device.parent.92845512.lineup=atsc_hdhomerun
sagetv.device.parent.92845512.offline_scan=false
sagetv.device.parent.92845512.rtsp=opendct.video.rtsp.DCTRTSPClientImpl
sagetv.early_port_assignment=false
sagetv.encoder_discovery_port=8271
sagetv.log_noop_and_size=false
sagetv.min_tuning_time_ms=500
sagetv.new.default_consumer_impl=opendct.consumer.FFmpegSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.new.device.default_encoder_merit=0
sagetv.new.device.default_tuning_delay=0
sagetv.new.device.increment_port=false
sagetv.new.device.socket_server_port_high=9100
sagetv.new.device.socket_server_port_low=9001
sagetv.new.device.socket_server_shared_port=9000
sagetv.use_automatic_loopback=true
upnp.dct.fast_tuning=false
upnp.dct.hdhr_tuning=true
upnp.dct.http_tuning=true
upnp.dct.offline_detection_min_bytes=18800
upnp.dct.wait_for_offline_detection_s=8
upnp.dct.wait_for_streaming=5000
upnp.discoverer_enabled=true
upnp.enabled=true
upnp.new.device.schema_filter_strings_csv=schemas-cetoncorp-com,schemas-dkeystone-com
upnp.new.device.search_interval_s=4
upnp.new.device.search_strings_csv=schemas-cetoncorp-com,schemas-dkeystone-com
upnp.qam.automap_reference_lookup=true
upnp.qam.automap_tuning_lookup=false
upnp.retune_poll_s=1
upnp.service.configuration.http_listen_port=8501
upnp.service.configuration.ignore_interfaces_csv=
upnp.service.configuration.ignore_local_ip_csv=
upnp.service.configuration.use_dct=true

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-11-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Looks good.

I added hdhr.always_tune_legacy=false to allow OpenDCT to tune a non-legacy device as if it was legacy. The first tuning attempt for OTA on a legacy device, tunes the frequency, then scans for up to 15 seconds waiting for the channel program to become available. Once it find it, it selects the program and remembers the program number for future tuning, so the first tuning might take a little longer than subsequent tunings, but everything is saved to the lineup file (all devices using the same lineup benfit in this way), so you should only have this delay once.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

OpenDCT and Java 1.8 and SageTV Mobile Webserver

I am using OpenDCT and th Jetty Webserver with SageTV V9 for evaluation before I make the move to V9. I have Java 1.8 installed.

The issue is, that the version of Jetty that comes with SageTV webserver plugin does not support Java 1.8. When I try to access guide listings with the mobile browser, I get errors like:

Message: PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP PWC6199: Generated servlet error: The type java.util.regex.Pattern cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Message: PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP PWC6199: Generated servlet error: The import java.util.Arrays cannot be resolved PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 14 in the jsp file: /WEB-INF/tags/sage/functions/collections/ArrayToList.tag PWC6199: Generated servlet error: Arrays cannot be resolved

SO I downgraded to Java 1.7 and the mobile browser works fine. However, OpenDCT wouldn't work. Said something about requiring Java 1.8, etc.

I downloaded the Jetty 9.3 release that supports Java 1.8 thinking I could update the Jetty that comes with the Sage webserver but it's not straight forward on how to do this.

It appears that Java is not backwards compatible.

Any thoughts on my dilemma?

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime