SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

On windows, sage has always required a 3rd party utility to be able to mount iso's. I think it's VirtualCloneDrive.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Windows 10 allows you to mount an ISO file as a drive. Haven't tried it, but wondering if that would work? Anybody tried it?
Old 01-08-2017, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Windows 10 allows you to mount an ISO file as a drive. Haven't tried it, but wondering if that would work? Anybody tried it?
Sage is not programmed to utilize that functionality if it exists. Only the VirtualCloneDrive program.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow

It works.

I had a stray ISO, sitting on my SageTV Server. I went into Windows Explorer. I right-mouse clicked on it and selected MOUNT. Win 10 made it an I:\ drive.

SageTV immediately popped up a dialogue noting it detected a new drive and asked me what I wanted to do with it. I selected "nothing" as this was just a test.

I then went into the Server File Browser menu option (Search | Browse File Systems) and found the I:\ drive. I could access the DVD image and the DVD menu by clicking on the first VOB file (I knew to do that from previous testing).

From there I was able to watch the DVD.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 01-08-2017, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, THAT would work, just as if you had connected a thumbdrive. That's not how the VirtualCloneDrive feature works. The sage feature allows ISO's to exist in your library, and when requested to be played back, sage will mount it with VCD (or mount if a linux server) and play the files.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Clicked link in first post for v536 and installed it on my server (which is where I do I all my viewing). Installed seemed to go ok except that when i tried running the client it asked me to provide the IP of the server. Since they should be same machine i used 127.0.0.1. No joy and it looks what I downloaded and installed is the client only.

Poked around and did not see where I get software for the server so I can install on same machine. Would someone please point me in the right direction?
Old 02-19-2017, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacevich View Post
Clicked link in first post for v536 and installed it on my server (which is where I do I all my viewing). Installed seemed to go ok except that when i tried running the client it asked me to provide the IP of the server. Since they should be same machine i used 127.0.0.1. No joy and it looks what I downloaded and installed is the client only.

Poked around and did not see where I get software for the server so I can install on same machine. Would someone please point me in the right direction?
See the link in my signature. Make sure you go to the files tab...should be 3 files and 1 is the server.

k
Old 02-19-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacevich View Post

You need download SageTVSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.011.exe that is the Server you must have download the SageTV Client which is SageTVClientSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.011.exe
Old 02-20-2017, 06:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
See the link in my signature. Make sure you go to the files tab...should be 3 files and 1 is the server.

k
Yep, my bad. Saw the three files and just grabbed the client. Ran the other two files and system works. Thanks for the assist.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Sage Expert

Thank you Stuckless on the quick turnaround.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Sage Expert

Does the Windows installer work on 32-bit platforms? I just got a critical error on an attempted install ...
Old 06-17-2017, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiso View Post
Does the Windows installer work on 32-bit platforms? I just got a critical error on an attempted install ...
Yes. What error, what OS etc.

k
Old 06-17-2017, 11:48 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes. What error, what OS etc.

k
I don't know about the error, but it was pretty onerous. It seemed to imply that some 64-bit element was missing. I looked at the log, but it seemed like a "closing-of-the-barn-after-the-horses-escaped" thing. It deleted my links to the previous installation.

For what it's worth, i read through this thread in its entirety and found that I had a similar problem on a previous install, which "went away" on a second attempt. I performed an update and restart (to 32-bit Windows 8) and the installer ran.

Well, it ran enough to "install" Sage 9. The problem was it did not recognize or use any of the prior installation. It defaulted to installing on my C: drive (ughhh!!!) and went back to a fresh system. I do have copies of my wiz.bin, and Sage and SageClient .properties files, but I went ahead with the "fresh" installation).

Of course this introduces other problems, like not being able to control the STB, since the Generic Multi-Device tuner was not configured (well, at least not in the location of the new installation.

I would like to go back to my prior config structure; with Sage on D:, but the installer ran without asking where to install the server. Is there a way I can re-run the installer and copy the backup files to the new v9 installation?
Old 06-18-2017, 03:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiso View Post
I don't know about the error, but it was pretty onerous. It seemed to imply that some 64-bit element was missing. I looked at the log, but it seemed like a "closing-of-the-barn-after-the-horses-escaped" thing. It deleted my links to the previous installation.

For what it's worth, i read through this thread in its entirety and found that I had a similar problem on a previous install, which "went away" on a second attempt. I performed an update and restart (to 32-bit Windows 8) and the installer ran.

Well, it ran enough to "install" Sage 9. The problem was it did not recognize or use any of the prior installation. It defaulted to installing on my C: drive (ughhh!!!) and went back to a fresh system. I do have copies of my wiz.bin, and Sage and SageClient .properties files, but I went ahead with the "fresh" installation).

Of course this introduces other problems, like not being able to control the STB, since the Generic Multi-Device tuner was not configured (well, at least not in the location of the new installation.

I would like to go back to my prior config structure; with Sage on D:, but the installer ran without asking where to install the server. Is there a way I can re-run the installer and copy the backup files to the new v9 installation?
The installer has an options button that allows you to change the path of where it will install. To see that option now you will need to uninstall and then run the install again selecting a location then after its complete run it again as a repair and then restore your wiz.bin.

k
Old 06-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks. I will give it a shot ...
Old 06-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The installer has an options button that allows you to change the path of where it will install. To see that option now you will need to uninstall and then run the install again selecting a location then after its complete run it again as a repair and then restore your wiz.bin.

k
Q: How big of a change would it be instead of Options button, to display the path and have a browse and next buttons? This way folks would see for sure and avoid these "errors"

Or change the text Options to "Set Install Path"?

Just a thought to maybe make it clearer for new folks. I know it bit me the first time I did the Windows Installer. Assumed it would use the current install location but it didn't
Old 06-18-2017, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Q: How big of a change would it be instead of Options button, to display the path and have a browse and next buttons? This way folks would see for sure and avoid these "errors"

Or change the text Options to "Set Install Path"?

Just a thought to maybe make it clearer for new folks. I know it bit me the first time I did the Windows Installer. Assumed it would use the current install location but it didn't
Actually the first installer builds had it there on the first screen and others found it confusing.

Some day i may try to detect if sage is installed and set the path accordingly but not likely soon. I will add it to the lengthy to do list

k
Old 06-18-2017, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually the first installer builds had it there on the first screen and others found it confusing.

Some day i may try to detect if sage is installed and set the path accordingly but not likely soon. I will add it to the lengthy to do list

k
I'm guessing the number of people upgrading to v9 from older (and thus requiring a check of old location) is going to drop close to zero by the end of July, so probably not a big deal.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm guessing the number of people upgrading to v9 from older (and thus requiring a check of old location) is going to drop close to zero by the end of July, so probably not a big deal.
I don't know - if you didn't install to the default location, won't this problem come up every time you install a newer version? So, not just when going from v7 to v9, but also going from 9.0 to 9.1 or 9.1 to 9.2, etc.?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 06-18-2017, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I don't know - if you didn't install to the default location, won't this problem come up every time you install a newer version? So, not just when going from v7 to v9, but also going from 9.0 to 9.1 or 9.1 to 9.2, etc.?
I'm not positive, but I think that later runs of open source the v9 installer would still keep the same location as previous.

Of course, there's also no reason in the current version to install in the non-standard location... It was an issue back in the early UAC days, but all those issues are solved at this point.