SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Side question related to jtux and 64bit. I'm considering pulling JTux because of the 64bit issues that I found. I could probably spend the time trying to see if there really is a reason why JTux is very explicit about its checks, and I have done some work in that direction, but I now leaning towards just using

https://github.com/kohlschutter/junixsocket

They support linux/mac/arm and they have 32bit and 64bit packages. The other nice thing is that you only need to include the jar and the natives-jar in the classpath and it will auto-resolve/load the system dependant .so files.

Any thoughts, objections?

This doesn't cover the usb portion, but you said that wasn't used, so I was going to remove it... or find a recent libusb for java.
Sounds like a great idea to me. (of course as long as it fully replaces the things jtux is doing now...and getting rid of the USB code is totally fine_
Old 08-19-2015, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Sounds like a great idea to me. (of course as long as it fully replaces the things jtux is doing now...and getting rid of the USB code is totally fine_
I've started this... but I'm running into another issue, related to the MiniClient.

I start the MiniClient, and connect to my Sage7 server, and when I play a media file, it goes to the video screen, and shows the timebar, but I never see video. In the logs it looks like it is communicating with the server, but I never see video.

Now, so that I understand this process... I think you are starting up an mplayer instance, correct? And then you are using unix domain sockets to talk with mplayer (hense the jtux for unix domain sockets).

If this isn't the process could you explain what should be happening Also what does windows/mac use when they play a video, and is the process different?
Old 08-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've started this... but I'm running into another issue, related to the MiniClient.

I start the MiniClient, and connect to my Sage7 server, and when I play a media file, it goes to the video screen, and shows the timebar, but I never see video. In the logs it looks like it is communicating with the server, but I never see video.

Now, so that I understand this process... I think you are starting up an mplayer instance, correct? And then you are using unix domain sockets to talk with mplayer (hense the jtux for unix domain sockets).

If this isn't the process could you explain what should be happening Also what does windows/mac use when they play a video, and is the process different?
If you look at sage.miniclient.MiniMPlayerPlugin you can see all the various ways that it passes a target to MPlayer. It's either a window ID directly (for overlay with color keying...but that doesn't really exist anymore), or a shared memory identifier for transferring decoded video frames from MPlayer to SageTV (which is used in OpenGL/Direct3D on Windows), or it's using a socket to transfer it (used on Linux/Mac).

There could be lots of reasons why it's not showing up for you...and I don't expect it to really work at all on Linux unless you are using the OpenGL version. And then at that point, there could definitely be issues with the OpenGL video driver implementation that you're using. This was always one of those really ugly areas of compatibility on Linux.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
If you look at sage.miniclient.MiniMPlayerPlugin you can see all the various ways that it passes a target to MPlayer. It's either a window ID directly (for overlay with color keying...but that doesn't really exist anymore), or a shared memory identifier for transferring decoded video frames from MPlayer to SageTV (which is used in OpenGL/Direct3D on Windows), or it's using a socket to transfer it (used on Linux/Mac).

There could be lots of reasons why it's not showing up for you...and I don't expect it to really work at all on Linux unless you are using the OpenGL version. And then at that point, there could definitely be issues with the OpenGL video driver implementation that you're using. This was always one of those really ugly areas of compatibility on Linux.
Ok... I have same issue, right now, with the Sage7 minclient as well... so I suspect it's my machine. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, and I had to reformat a few months back, and miniclient no longer works, so probably a video driver, or something