SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Beta 0.08 is now available in the PlugIn Manager. Changelog:

- Added search history. In the Search dialog the Skip Forward and Skip Backward keys will cycle through the history.
Is there a way to clear the search history or to turn off this feature?
Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Is there a way to clear the search history or to turn off this feature?
Both of those items are on the ToDo list.

The ToDo list that I keep is pretty long at the moment so what I generally do is implement those items that people ask for. I should be able to get this into the next version. (Which is coming along nicely. My kids are enjoying the automatic recording of their favorite YouTubers )

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm doing some more testing on the automatic recording of favorites and once I'm convinced that it works I will be making the next release. My target date is this weekend.

In addition to this functionality I have added in the ability to clear the search history and disable it altogether. There are also some bug fixes and smaller enhancements.

I have not yet implemented:
  • setting different fetch orders for viewing and searching
  • logging on to an existing YouTube account
  • setting the default focus item on the main menu.
These items are not trivial and will take some time.

Other things I am considering:
  • A way to select recording quality on a per favorite basis. I think this will be fairly easy to do.
  • Giving the user the ability to choose preferred video formats from a list rather than having them input raw text.
  • Adding the ability to check for new favorites "now". I'm still scratching my head on this one.
  • Add ability to search by topics rather than keyword. I'm debating if anybody would use this or not.

Do you think these items will be useful or should I be spending my time on other things? If you have any other additions/changes/suggestions let me know and I'll see if I can get those in as well.

I'll look at updating the movie trailer plugin at some point as well.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I have not yet implemented:
  • setting different fetch orders for viewing and searching
  • logging on to an existing YouTube account
  • setting the default focus item on the main menu.
These items are not trivial and will take some time.
As long as the login bit is done before Doctor Who starts next month, I'll be happy

All kidding aside, that's the only issue that's important to me. Although the search by topic sound really useful.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
As long as the login bit is done before Doctor Who starts next month, I'll be happy

All kidding aside, that's the only issue that's important to me. Although the search by topic sound really useful.
I can tell you there is zero chance of getting the login done by next month

It will be a cool challenge to take on there is no way I will sort things out that quickly. You better find another way to watch The Doctor.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Sage Expert

There is ALWAYS another way I'll probably just setup my FireTV box again so I can get full HD and 5.1 anyway.

I really was just kidding
Old 08-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Add ability to search by topics rather than keyword. I'm debating if anybody would use this or not.
I'm not clear as to the distinction between topics and keyword searching in Youtube. I often intend to search for a topic, but am not clear on the difference. Is it actually searching a specific metadata "topic" field as opposed to any field via keyword?
Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
I'm not clear as to the distinction between topics and keyword searching in Youtube. I often intend to search for a topic, but am not clear on the difference. Is it actually searching a specific metadata "topic" field as opposed to any field via keyword?
There is a difference although I have no clue how useful it would be. See www.freebase.com for a list of topics. Most videos are associated with one or more topics and the topic name may not appear in any of the fields that search by keyword uses. For example, you may be interested in trucks. If a popular truck channel is named "Bubba's Bodacious Big Wheelers" search by keyword may not find it while search by topic will.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.09

Version 0.09 is now available in the plugin manager. Changelog:
  • Added ability to have new Videos from Favorite channels automatically downloaded.
  • When browsing channels right panel now shows video and subscriber count.
  • Added more caching to speed up reloading of options menus for Channels and Videos.
  • Added advanced options to clear Favorites, clear Search History and to disable search history.
  • To help recovering from YouTube internal errors, do not cache empty lists.
  • Fixed a bug that would allow a user to edit the recording queue on a SageClient.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the plugin to fail if it was disabled in the Plugin Manager and then re-enabled.

Explanation of the Favorite Options: (Accessible from the channel options menu.)
  • Record New Episodes: Records any new episodes that meet the criteria of the follwoing options.
  • Get Episodes Since/From: This is how far back the recording engine will look for new episodes. "The Beginning" means all that are available. "Now" means from today onwards. The other options should be self explanatory. It will also keep track of the current setting in case you do not want to change it.
  • Simulate: If you are unsure about what will be recorded enable this setting, make sure debug logging is on and run the plugin. The logfile on the server will tell you what would have been recorded given the current options you have chosen. Look for the line "Video will be recorded."
  • Re-Record Deleted Episodes: Control if episodes that you have deleted will be re-recorded or not. Note that any videos recorded with previous versions of this plugin are missing information needed to track when they are deleted so they will be re-recorded even if this setting is disabled.

Explanation of the Advanced Options:
  • Remove All Favorite Playlists (or Videos, or Channels): Removes all of the Favorites.
  • Clear Favorite Database: This clears all the Favorite Options (Record New Episodes, Get Episodes Since/From, Simulate, Re-Record). It does not remove the Favorite status of the channel.
  • Delete Search History: Deletes all of the search history.
  • Search History: Enables or Disables the saving of search terms.
  • Clear Watched History: Clears the watched history of videos that have NOT been imported in the Sage database.
  • Remove All Recording History: This is in for debugging purposes and should not be selected unless you are having some issues and I tell you to select this option It will be removed in following versions.

Explanation of the added Recording Options:
  • Purge The Recording Queue: Will stop any recording in progress and remove all queued recordings. There is no warning. As soon as you select "Purge All" the queue is completely emptied.
  • Favorite Check Interval: Number of hours between checks for new favorites. This can be any integer greater than 0. The check does not take too much resource so leaving it at 1 is probably OK. If the quota usage goes too high I may change the default value to something higher and ask you to change it too. (The YouTube API tracks usage and if it goes too high I have to pay, which I won't, which means this plugin will stop working.) Note that recording will not start and you will not see anything in the record queue until the Favorite Check Interval has elapsed. In the next version of the plugin the recording will start immediately.

Last edited by tmiranda; 08-30-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Tom, there are two Youtube updates with today's date. Does this create any issue?

In the order that they appear;

There is an update available of the plugin "You Tube (2015)" to version 0.09.

There is an update available of the plugin "You Tube Recording Engine" to version 0.09.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Tom, there are two Youtube updates with today's date. Does this create any issue?

In the order that they appear;

There is an update available of the plugin "You Tube (2015)" to version 0.09.

There is an update available of the plugin "You Tube Recording Engine" to version 0.09.
The recording engine is a dependency for "You Tube (2015)". Just upgrade YouTube (2015) and it will automatically install the recording engine.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks
Old 08-30-2015, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Bug

I just found a bug in the latest release that may cause your system to download favorites over and over. I'd suggest not using this feature until I sort it out.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.10

Beta 0.10 is now available in the plugin manager. The previous version had a fairly serious bug and you should update to this version immediately.

Changelog:
  • When Favorite options are changed, check for new Favorites immediately.
  • Added advanced option to check for new Favorites immediately.
  • Added ability to change Favorite recording options from the videos menu.
  • Added ability to independently control the ordering for video search, channel search, video list and channel list.
  • Changed menu launch mechanism to avoid having the old OnlineVideo logic executed.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Favorites to get constantly re-recorded even if they were already imported into the database.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom, from here forward, I will refer to you as "Machine."
Old 09-01-2015, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Tom, from here forward, I will refer to you as "Machine."
I just want to get this plugin into decent condition so I can start fooling around more with the open source stuff.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Update

I finally figured out how to log on and access a YouTube account. I will be adding that to the next release. I think I will focus on subscriptions.

If anybody has specific requests let me know.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

None of these are serious and are mostly preference based, so feel free to ignore them, but since you asked...
  1. Can you add the ability to sort favorites (channels and playlists) by name? Currently, the order displayed appears to be the same order in which the favorites were added as favorites, with no option to change them. The "retrieval order" option doesn't seem to apply to browsing favorites.
  2. Can you make it so when you return to a list of videos (again, I'm speaking specifically about when browsing videos), the scroll location is maintained on the last video you were on? For example, if you watch the 5th video in a list, when you hit stop or the video ends, the focus is returned to same video, but the scroll list seems to jump so that what was the 5th video in the list is now at the top of the list. This can be very disorienting.
  3. When entering a favorite channel, can you make the focus of the selected video either the first video in the list or the first unwatched video in the list? It currently seems to be random - sometimes it's the first video in the list, other times it's the 5th video on the 2nd page that's selected.
  4. When marking a video as watched, you add the watched checkmark. Can you also highlight the watched bar, if the user has that option enabled?

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
None of these are serious and are mostly preference based, so feel free to ignore them, but since you asked...
  1. Can you add the ability to sort favorites (channels and playlists) by name? Currently, the order displayed appears to be the same order in which the favorites were added as favorites, with no option to change them. The "retrieval order" option doesn't seem to apply to browsing favorites.
  2. Can you make it so when you return to a list of videos (again, I'm speaking specifically about when browsing videos), the scroll location is maintained on the last video you were on? For example, if you watch the 5th video in a list, when you hit stop or the video ends, the focus is returned to same video, but the scroll list seems to jump so that what was the 5th video in the list is now at the top of the list. This can be very disorienting.
  3. When entering a favorite channel, can you make the focus of the selected video either the first video in the list or the first unwatched video in the list? It currently seems to be random - sometimes it's the first video in the list, other times it's the 5th video on the 2nd page that's selected.
  4. When marking a video as watched, you add the watched checkmark. Can you also highlight the watched bar, if the user has that option enabled?

Thanks!
1 - I should be able to get that done.

2 - I've noticed that too and am not sure why it does that. I will try to figure that out.

3 - Will fix that. You are correct, right now it's totally random

4 - It should already do that, if not it's a bug. Are you watching from the YouTube menu or are you watching it from the TV or Video menu after importing?

Last edited by tmiranda; 09-07-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
4 - It should already do that, if not it's a bug. Are you watching from the YouTube menu or are you watching it from the TV or Video menu after importing?
Sorry - I should have clarified... It does not show the watched bar if you don't actually watch the video, but mark it as watched (CTRL-W). If you mark the video as watched, it only shows the watched checkmark and does not highlight the watched bar at all. I'm doing this from YouTube menu, not in the TV or video menu after importing.