SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If you watch a YouTube video in SageTV it will not mark it watched if you login to your account on another computer. I can probably add that if it's something you would like.
Having a consistent watched history on different devices would be a nice option - YouTube would probably stop suggesting videos on my tablet I have already watched via SageTV. In my point of view this should be a configurable option - probably some prefer not to add this infos to their Google/YouTube account.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Having a consistent watched history on different devices would be a nice option - YouTube would probably stop suggesting videos on my tablet I have already watched via SageTV. In my point of view this should be a configurable option - probably some prefer not to add this infos to their Google/YouTube account.
I looked into this and there is no way to programatically change the watched status on a video.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I looked into this and there is no way to programatically change the watched status on a video.
according to readme youtube-dl has a "--mark-watched" option
Old 10-19-2017, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah ha. I didn't look there. Thanks.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I still can't synchronize because there is no way to get the watched status. If I missed that too, let me know

Old 10-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

File not found on server

I'm running the latest V9 on Windows 7. I installed the latest YouTube plugin and I get the the above error message when attempting to view a video. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't logged into YouTube, but same error even when logged in from Sage. I haven't changed any of the default settings. I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting. Any suggestions?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I'm running the latest V9 on Windows 7. I installed the latest YouTube plugin and I get the the above error message when attempting to view a video. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't logged into YouTube, but same error even when logged in from Sage. I haven't changed any of the default settings. I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting. Any suggestions?
Reproduce the error and attach a logfile.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Reproduce the error and attach a logfile.
I think I've attached the correct log file, if not let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV log.txt (5.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 10-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I still can't synchronize because there is no way to get the watched status. If I missed that too, let me know
In my use-case it would be sufficient to mark videos as watched while downloading from YouTube to SageTV. (extend invocation of youtube-dl by "--mark-watched" option). No need to sync watch status in SageTV with YouTube.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I've attached the correct log file, if not let me know.
It's the correct logfile but it is only 40 lines long and full of errors from the sage webserver. It that the whole file or did you edit it?

The file you want is in the same directory as the sage executable and is named sagetv_0.txt.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here's the whole log file. I've also attached a screenshot of the error message. The log file is from after the error appeared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YouTube Error.jpg (529.5 KB, 90 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (174.3 KB, 79 views)
Old 10-22-2017, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's the whole log file. I've also attached a screenshot of the error message. The log file is from after the error appeared.
I will need to see a logfile that is created when the error happens. In the mean time:

I see your default download directory "Sage TV Video") has spaces in in. Try another directory that does not have spaces.

Do you have the "Download before playing" option Enabled or Disabled?

And what are your "Temporary File Options" set to?

Does the error message pop up right away or is there a delay of a few seconds?

Old 10-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I will need to see a logfile that is created when the error happens. In the mean time:

I see your default download directory "Sage TV Video") has spaces in in. Try another directory that does not have spaces.

Do you have the "Download before playing" option Enabled or Disabled?

And what are your "Temporary File Options" set to?

Does the error message pop up right away or is there a delay of a few seconds?
The log file is from when the error happens. I changed to a directory with no spaces, same error. I have download before playing disabled. When I select a file to play, the following is displayed: "Discussing the situation with YouTube" "File is buffering" then the error message. I tied enabling download before playing and get the message "Webpage is downloading" and nothing happens, no progess bar, nothing..

My temp file is set to system default. I tried a different directory, same result.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The log file is from when the error happens. I changed to a directory with no spaces, same error. I have download before playing disabled. When I select a file to play, the following is displayed: "Discussing the situation with YouTube" "File is buffering" then the error message. I tied enabling download before playing and get the message "Webpage is downloading" and nothing happens, no progess bar, nothing..

My temp file is set to system default. I tried a different directory, same result.
If that logfile was created when the error occurred then something is very very wrong. There are none of the messages I would expect to see when a youtube video is played. Are you getting the error on a SageClient? If so then I will need the sagetvclient_0.txt logfile from the client.

If you are getting the error from an extender can you stop Sage, restart, reproduce the error, then send the logfile again?

Old 10-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Client log file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (123.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 10-22-2017, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Client log file attached.
That log is much better

Do you have the latest version of the youtube-dl plugin installed ON THE CLIENT? If not, then please upgrade it and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work, or you already have the latest version of the youtube-dl plugin installed, then try manually downloading the latest youtube-dl executable from here: https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html (Replace the current youtube-dl.exe)

You are getting SSL errors from the youtube website. Can you play youtube videos from the web interface?

Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That log is much better

Do you have the latest version of the youtube-dl plugin installed ON THE CLIENT? If not, then please upgrade it and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work, or you already have the latest version of the youtube-dl plugin installed, then try manually downloading the latest youtube-dl executable from here: https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html (Replace the current youtube-dl.exe)

You are getting SSL errors from the youtube website. Can you play youtube videos from the web interface?
I installed the latest youtube-dl.exe. I did notice that the jetty webserver plugin had ssl disabled and I enabled it but there is a note about certificates which I have no idea how to handle.

If you're referring to playing youtube videos from the Sage Web Interface I don't have any menu options to do that.

Last edited by gdippel; 10-22-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I installed the latest youtube-dl.exe. I did notice that the jetty webserver plugin had ssl disabled and I enabled it but there is a note about certificates which I have no idea how to handle.

If you're referring to playing youtube videos from the Sage Web Interface I don't have any menu options to do that.
I meant can you play youtube videos from the youtube website on the computer? (Not using Sage.)

The problem has to do with SSL failing. I've never see nit before and can see lots of errors in your logfile from the webserver.

Try uninstalling the webserver and see if that helps.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Sage Expert

Last YT2015 update seems to have killed my YT2015
but it only "seems" to have killed the plugin...
looking at the logs, it is still there and running happy as can be from what I see.
did get this message today:
Code:
Mon 10/23 15:16:55.742 [Timer-3@4d205914] YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed.
but it goes on after that with a whole bunch of: "getting this" "not getting that" ie all the correct good things for it to be doing...

but when I try to actually go to youtube from the UI, I get the old non-working 'built in' youtube... where did the working youtube UI go?
Old 10-24-2017, 04:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
Last YT2015 update seems to have killed my YT2015
but it only "seems" to have killed the plugin...
looking at the logs, it is still there and running happy as can be from what I see.
did get this message today:
Code:
Mon 10/23 15:16:55.742 [Timer-3@4d205914] YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed.
but it goes on after that with a whole bunch of: "getting this" "not getting that" ie all the correct good things for it to be doing...

but when I try to actually go to youtube from the UI, I get the old non-working 'built in' youtube... where did the working youtube UI go?
From the main menu, go to "Online" and then press the right button. You should see YouTube (2015). If not, let me know what version of the STV you are running. (Available from the System Information menu).