SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Go to options and check your folder locations.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I've updated the youtube-dl plugin with the latest version.

I'm still working on the STVi updates for the latest version of the STV and also trying to see why some people can't log in to their accounts. I've tried it from my development machine and my "production" machine and it works as expected.

If you can't log in can you post a logfile? Maybe if I see two or three of them I'll get a clue. The one that was already posted didn't tell me enough.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Attached in an updated JAR that has enhanced debugging that will hopefully tell me why some people can't log in. If you are having problems please download the file and unzip the JAR (Rename the file to .jar.) and replace the current YouTube.jar.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube.zip (159.8 KB, 79 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Attached in an updated JAR that has enhanced debugging that will hopefully tell me why some people can't log in.
Thanks for the JAR and the chance to help test.

I gave it a shot. Attached is the log. It starts with a sage restart and ends at the point where it won't log me on and does not give me the option of entering credentials.
Attached Files
File Type: zip egeller_sagetv_0.zip (75.7 KB, 78 views)
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 10-04-2017, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Thanks for the JAR and the chance to help test.

I gave it a shot. Attached is the log. It starts with a sage restart and ends at the point where it won't log me on and does not give me the option of entering credentials.
It can't read the properties file. Is there a file named "youtube.properties" in the Sage install directory? Is it corrupt? Does it have read access?

Old 10-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the quick turn-around. I really appreciate it.

There IS a properties file, as you expect. The permissions were 644. (read-write for the owner, read-only for everyone else).

I changed them to 666 (read-write for everybody), but it did not make a difference. I wonder if I need to restart SageTV. I cannot do that right now, as there are too many recordings I don't want to interrupt. I will be able to restart Sage tomorrow at around 9 AM EDT and retest.

By the way, should I modify anything in the file, as part of testing?

The file has an apikey, a clientid and a clientsecret. I wonder if deleting something should / could trigger it asking for my credentials.

Unrelated to the current issue, but while I have your attention: Search results seem to persist and do not get-added-to until Sage restarts. That is if I search for something today, I get an up-to-date result. If I do the same search in two days, without restarting Sage, I get the same results from two days before. Is there a way to control that and refresh without restarting Sage?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the quick turn-around. I really appreciate it.

There IS a properties file, as you expect. The permissions were 644. (read-write for the owner, read-only for everyone else).

I changed them to 666 (read-write for everybody), but it did not make a difference. I wonder if I need to restart SageTV. I cannot do that right now, as there are too many recordings I don't want to interrupt. I will be able to restart Sage tomorrow at around 9 AM EDT and retest.

By the way, should I modify anything in the file, as part of testing?

The file has an apikey, a clientid and a clientsecret. I wonder if deleting something should / could trigger it asking for my credentials.

Unrelated to the current issue, but while I have your attention: Search results seem to persist and do not get-added-to until Sage restarts. That is if I search for something today, I get an up-to-date result. If I do the same search in two days, without restarting Sage, I get the same results from two days before. Is there a way to control that and refresh without restarting Sage?
The properties file is needed just as is. Do not edit it. I don't know why it can't be opened. Maybe something to do with your java? I'll look at it a little more tonight.

The search is something I need to fix. In order to speed up performance I cache some things. The search result should not be cached. You can work around it by entering a slightly different search string.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

The restart did not change anything. I got the same results.

The Java version, shipping with the Sage Docker, is V 1.8.0_121.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

It's very odd. I don't use the Docker and can't tell if it's specific to that environment or not.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Should I assume that the plugin needs to be updated/released to work with Sage 9.1.7?
Old 10-06-2017, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
Should I assume that the plugin needs to be updated/released to work with Sage 9.1.7?
No. It should work. I'm chasing a bug that prevents some people from logging on.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I ask because I updated Sage and now the YouTube entry is gone under Online. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. I gather I'll have to update that file that was posted earlier? Will that updated file be included in a subsequent update?
Old 10-07-2017, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
I ask because I updated Sage and now the YouTube entry is gone under Online. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. I gather I'll have to update that file that was posted earlier? Will that updated file be included in a subsequent update?
Yes, my bad. The newest version needs the STVi update I posted a few days back. I'm still trying to figure out another problem before I post an official update.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Try this jar file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube.zip (159.8 KB, 78 views)

Old 10-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Try this jar file.
That worked immediately, logged into Youtube as me.

I'm mystified as to how it knew I was me. I do not remember entering credentials on the Unraid instance of SageTV. Hmmm. Maybe I did, but do not remember.

Thanks for the help and the work.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That worked immediately, logged into Youtube as me.

I'm mystified as to how it knew I was me. I do not remember entering credentials on the Unraid instance of SageTV. Hmmm. Maybe I did, but do not remember.

Thanks for the help and the work.
I think it's a Java issue. I changed the way I read the .properties file.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.10

Version 1.10 is ready and includes the following:
- It will now work with the updated STV.
- It fixes a bug that prevented some users from logging on the their YouTube account.
- It uses the latest version of youtube-dl.

The Plugin submission system is having some difficulty at the moment. In the meantime you can install the new version by unzipping the attached.xml file into your SageTV install directory and then going to the Plugin Manager.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (5.0 KB, 146 views)

Old 10-14-2017, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.10

Version 1.10 is now available in the Plugin Manager.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Watched videos and logging on to YouTube

Am I right ? Loggin on to Youtube via "Options - Manage Your Youtube Account" will mark all watched videos as watched in my YouTube account ?

What will happen if "Access Expires in x:xx:xx" count down to 0:00:00 ?
Old 10-16-2017, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Am I right ? Loggin on to Youtube via "Options - Manage Your Youtube Account" will mark all watched videos as watched in my YouTube account ?

What will happen if "Access Expires in x:xx:xx" count down to 0:00:00 ?
If you watch a YouTube video in SageTV it will not mark it watched if you login to your account on another computer. I can probably add that if it's something you would like.

The countdown is not meaningful because the plugin will automatically renew the login when it expires. That's something that I should probably remove.