SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
3rd party firewall or virus scanner molesting incoming data to the server?
Same results with all firewalls disabled.

-uberpixel
Old 10-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Can you try having watching live TV, and then doing packet loss test on a free tuner.

The reason I am thinking there may be a network issue is that when you use the media server transfer option you are adding extra network overhead. You are technically doubling the amount of network traffic.
I'm going to need to continue testing and give this a bit more time, because now I'm really confused. After having all kinds of "halt detected in recording" errors with PNE 1.2.5 (which continued after reboots), then after 24 hours of numerous totally clean recordings with mediaserver.transfer=false, today I set mediaserver.transfer BACK to true (the default for 1.2.5) and did extensive testing.

Now I can't make it fail. At all. I tried everything. I ran recordings on two tuners while running Silicondust Network Packet Loss Test on the third tuner, while ALSO running a full image backup routine on the system drive (which I never do with SageTV running), while ALSO doing a 1.1 GB download over the network on my 60 Gbps broadband Internet, while ALSO saturating the network switch between my HDHomerun Prime and the SageTV PC. No packet loss, no halt errors, no pixelation -- nothing.

The errors I was seeing before didn't start occurring until about 24 hours AFTER I started using PNE 1.2.5 (the first day or so was great), so I want to give this more time to evaluate whether there is something else going on with PNE or SageTV that causes things to worsen over time (I'm watching memory usage and CPU utilization). But if I make it another 24 hours or so with no problems, then I may need to rethink this from the beginning and question my sanity.

Right now, PNE 1.2.5 looks solid as a rock even with mediaserver.transfer=true; which definitely doesn't match what I was seeing before, and I haven't changed anything since other than changed it to false and then back to true.

Stay tuned....

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 10-30-2015, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
Interesting discovery. LANSpeedTest shows that I am getting 800Mbps (gigabit) Upload but only 80Mbps Download speeds...

That's between my SageTV server machine and a client. When I go between two clients they both have ~800Mbps for both upload/download. So my assumption was that there is something screwy with the NIC on my server.

Here's the wrinkle - I tried the other NIC on my mobo and found the exact same situation. So, it doesn't necessarily seem like the NIC settings are wrong (unless they are wrong on both NIC's which I guess could be the case) - could it be something within WHS 2011 settings? I swapped cables and took a gigabit switch out of the mix and connected directly to my router and saw no improvement...

Not sure if that would impact PrimeNetEncoder performance though. What are your thoughts?

Either way, I want to resolve this (at the risk of getting off topic) so I can improve my server performance. Any ideas where to look for a setting change to fix this issue.

-uberpixel
Sometimes Auto Negotiate on a NIC can cause problems set it manually to the 1000 full duplex and try the tests.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-30-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry for the runaround... I found the network speed issue was only present if I was reading from the server pool (Drivepool in this case). If I wrote the test file (from LANSpeedTest) and subsequently read it from my SageTV drive (on the server but outside of the pool), upload and download speeds are full gigabit.

All SageTV files (program files, PrimeNetEncoder, Recorded TV) are not incorporated into the pool, so I don't think this download speed has anything to do with the issues I've previously noted.

Now I'm wondering why my download speeds are so slow from Drivepool... But that's an issue for another forum.

-uberpixel
Old 10-31-2015, 06:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
Sorry for the runaround... I found the network speed issue was only present if I was reading from the server pool (Drivepool in this case). If I wrote the test file (from LANSpeedTest) and subsequently read it from my SageTV drive (on the server but outside of the pool), upload and download speeds are full gigabit.

All SageTV files (program files, PrimeNetEncoder, Recorded TV) are not incorporated into the pool, so I don't think this download speed has anything to do with the issues I've previously noted.

Now I'm wondering why my download speeds are so slow from Drivepool... But that's an issue for another forum.

-uberpixel
How often do you reboot sage? Could these issues have been high Java heap usage on Sage. That could potentially cause some issues. It is strange that the issues are not consistent. I will try and think of new things...
Old 10-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
How often do you reboot sage? Could these issues have been high Java heap usage on Sage. That could potentially cause some issues. It is strange that the issues are not consistent. I will try and think of new things...
I do notice that the Heap has spiked the max setting on occasion. I've got it set to max out at 1038. Every few days (maybe once per week) I will restart Sage if it looks like the Heap is piling up...

I'm running Gemstone and Comskip but not much else by way of plugins.

Maybe I should try the stock STV for a while and see if it makes any difference?

-uberpixel
Old 11-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Sage User

Source? License?

Hi,

I find myself a bit overwhelmed with the options for encoders for my HDHomerun Connect (aka Dual)'s.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use the native HDHR Encoder, SageDCT or PrimeNetworkEncoder.

I have been having some problems with PrimeNetworkEncoder, and was going to look at the source, but it seems unavailable. Also, I couldn't find a license.

This has me leaning towards updating the HDHR2.0 encoder in the v9 source. It mostly works for me, and I think I might be able to work out the bugs.

Before I commit to a path, though, can you tell me what your plans are for your encoder? I don't want to fragment development efforts, if we can pool them for better effectiveness.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure SageDCT or PrimeNetEncoder are options for the Dual, as that is built into sage. They are made just for the Prime.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-02-2015, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm not sure SageDCT or PrimeNetEncoder are options for the Dual, as that is built into sage. They are made just for the Prime.
I use the PrimeNetEncoder with my HD Connects ... just had to remap the channels I believe in the first page of this thread it is explained.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoal View Post
Hi,

I find myself a bit overwhelmed with the options for encoders for my HDHomerun Connect (aka Dual)'s.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use the native HDHR Encoder, SageDCT or PrimeNetworkEncoder.

I have been having some problems with PrimeNetworkEncoder, and was going to look at the source, but it seems unavailable. Also, I couldn't find a license.

This has me leaning towards updating the HDHR2.0 encoder in the v9 source. It mostly works for me, and I think I might be able to work out the bugs.

Before I commit to a path, though, can you tell me what your plans are for your encoder? I don't want to fragment development efforts, if we can pool them for better effectiveness.
I am only specifically targeting the HDHomeRun Primes, but as nyplayer pointed out it does support other devices. The way PrimeNetEncoder was designed it potentially could support most, if not all of the HDHomeRun products.

Josh
Old 11-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoal View Post
Hi,

You might also want to check out this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62570

Old 11-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Just the other day I turned off "Fast Startup" (i.e. went to a Cold Boot) on my SageTV server due to some restart issues when Sage ever froze up (often I have to reboot whenever an extender goes into spinning circle hell and there is a frozen UI thread stuck on the server. often the restart would hang and need a power cycle.).

I have discovered that since I made this change, PrimeNetEncoder wasn't working after a restart, not working in the sense of empty recordings and lots of: "WARNING: Tuner has not produced data in XXXXms" notices in the PrimeNetEncoder tuner logs.

The tuners are working fine, the batch job from Task Scheduler is running like it should under Java. all looks OK but it simply isn't working. If I "End" the task via Task Scheduler then terminate the Java process that's hanging out there and re-run it in TS, guess what, it all works fine. So there is something about Task Scheduler's boot time process launch that isn't happy. I have it set to not care if the user is logged in or not and I don't automatically have the sage user log in after a restart, I wonder if this is the problem.

What this means is of course since I had been using the hybrid fast boot before, that the state and environment had simply been saved where PrimeNetEncoder was running correctly. Now with a cold boot that's out the window. I wonder if this would be the same for anyone else?

anyone have any thoughts about this while I try to figure out what's wrong on my own? Thanks.

EDIT: OK, what's seems to have fixed it is adding a 1 minute delay to the Task Scheduler for launching the PrimeNetEncoder batch file at boot (rebooted 6 times to make sure). Anyone have any idea why this would work?

Last edited by phelme; 11-06-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

New Server--Reinstalling PrimeNetEncoder

I am in the process of building a new server and moving Sage. I have installed the last release of Sage (v7.1.9) which is generally up and running with the exception of TV tuners (I have 2 HDHR Primes and a Colossus I will move to the new server).

On my old server version version 1.01 is working flawlessly (or close to flawlessly and the wife is happy!) as a runnable class within Sage. I understand I should use console mode for v1.2.5.

Couple of issues I am having (and sorry in advance for what are probably very basic questions:

1. Step 5 (ii) in the instructions indicates "Execute java -jar PrimeNetEncoder.jar" what do I actually type at the command prompt? I can't seem to get the "java -jar" portion to work. I can "start primenetencoder.jar"--but this does not seem correct to me (confirmed by the PrimeNetEncoder Text file which starts growing VERY fast (100kb/second) with the following error. Only way I seem to be able to stop this is to reboot.

11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Running PrimeNetEncoder in Console Mode
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - PrimeNetEncoder Version: 1.2.5
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Starting tunner threads
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Starting Debug Console
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Unexpected error reading from the console. The handle is invalid
(above line continues repeating)

In Sage, I see all 6 tuners and was able to add two of them to test, but no TV signal appears.

I've attached the properties files (PrimeNetEncoder and Sage). Thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PrimeNetEncoder.txt (2.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: txt Sage.txt (133.9 KB, 225 views)

Last edited by civerson4; 11-09-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by civerson4 View Post
I am in the process of building a new server and moving Sage. I have installed the last release of Sage (v7.1.9) which is generally up and running with the exception of TV tuners (I have 2 HDHR Primes and a Colossus I will move to the new server).

On my old server version version 1.01 is working flawlessly (or close to flawlessly and the wife is happy!) as a runnable class within Sage. I understand I should use console mode for v1.2.5.

Couple of issues I am having (and sorry in advance for what are probably very basic questions:

1. Step 5 (ii) in the instructions indicates "Execute java -jar PrimeNetEncoder.jar" what do I actually type at the command prompt? I can't seem to get the "java -jar" portion to work. I can "start primenetencoder.jar"--but this does not seem correct to me (confirmed by the PrimeNetEncoder Text file which starts growing VERY fast (100kb/second) with the following error. Only way I seem to be able to stop this is to reboot.

11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Running PrimeNetEncoder in Console Mode
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - PrimeNetEncoder Version: 1.2.5
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Starting tunner threads
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Starting Debug Console
11/08/2015 05:06:20 - Unexpected error reading from the console. The handle is invalid
(above line continues repeating)

In Sage, I see all 6 tuners and was able to add two of them to test, but no TV signal appears.

I've attached the properties files (PrimeNetEncoder and Sage). Thanks in advance for any help.
I "think" I am a making some progress. I corrected the Java Path in Win 10 and PrimeNetEncoder seems to be starting and running as expected.

I can see the HDHR Primes and they work fine in the Silicon Dust Software. I can add them to Sage, but after adding them, when I try to tune a channel, it says "no tuners are available to tune this station" If I do a channel scan, nothing is found.

The PrimeNet batch file runs fine and I am no longer seeing a growing error file.

I have attached my Sage and PrimeNet Properties files. Would really appreciate if you someone could take a look. My guess is that it is something relatively simple, but I am at a loss after spending 3-4 hours on this yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have attached screenshot of the Sage Video Sources Set Up. What looks odd to me is the random order the tuners are showing, but maybe this is not an issue. Just different than when I had this installed on the other machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageTV HDHR Setup Screen.JPG (128.4 KB, 168 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt PrimeNetEncoder.txt (2.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: txt Sage.txt (149.6 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by civerson4; 11-09-2015 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I "think" I am a making some progress. I corrected the Java Path in Win 10 and PrimeNetEncoder seems to be starting and running as expected.

I can see the HDHR Primes and they work fine in the Silicon Dust Software. I can add them to Sage, but after adding them, when I try to tune a channel, it says "no tuners are available to tune this station" If I do a channel scan, nothing is found.

The PrimeNet batch file runs fine and I am no longer seeing a growing error file.

I have attached my Sage and PrimeNet Properties files. Would really appreciate if you someone could take a look. My guess is that it is something relatively simple, but I am at a loss after spending 3-4 hours on this yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have attached screenshot of the Sage Video Sources Set Up. What looks odd to me is the random order the tuners are showing, but maybe this is not an issue. Just different than when I had this installed on the other machine.
Your tuner id's are wrong also your tuner #'s are wrong. Each prime has a tuner numbers of 0,1,2 you have 4 5 and 6

Also your Id's are wrong.

tuner3.id=13219718-0

should be.
tuner3.id=13219718 no tuner number

Corrected below.

Code:
ffmpeg.delay=500
ffmpeg.probesize=5000000
ffmpeg.analyzeduration=5000000
ffmpeg.path=ffmpeg.exe
HDHomeRunConfig.path=C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe
tuners.count=6
discovery.port=8271
discovery.enabled=true
mediaserver.transfer=true
ffmpeg.outputbuffersize=32768
ffmpeg.inputbuffersize=32768
mediaserver.outputbuffersize=32768
tuner0.name=PrimeNetEncoder 131F0C25-0
tuner0.id=131F0C25
tuner0.number=0
tuner0.port=7000
tuner0.transcoder.port=5000
tuner0.enabled=true
tuner0.transcode.enabled=false
tuner0.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner0.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner0.transcode.scaling=
tuner0.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner0.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner1.name=PrimeNetEncoder 131F0C25-1
tuner1.id=131F0C25
tuner1.number=1
tuner1.port=7001
tuner1.transcoder.port=5001
tuner1.enabled=true
tuner1.transcode.enabled=false
tuner1.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner1.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner1.transcode.scaling=
tuner1.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner1.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner2.name=PrimeNetEncoder 131F0C25-2
tuner2.id=131F0C25
tuner2.number=2
tuner2.port=7002
tuner2.transcoder.port=5002
tuner2.enabled=true
tuner2.transcode.enabled=false
tuner2.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner2.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner2.transcode.scaling=
tuner2.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner2.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner3.name=PrimeNetEncoder 13219718-0
tuner3.id=13219718
tuner3.number=0
tuner3.port=7003
tuner3.transcoder.port=5003
tuner3.enabled=true
tuner3.transcode.enabled=false
tuner3.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner3.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner3.transcode.scaling=
tuner3.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner3.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner4.name=PrimeNetEncoder 13219718-1
tuner4.id=13219718
tuner4.number=1
tuner4.port=7004
tuner4.transcoder.port=5004
tuner4.enabled=true
tuner4.transcode.enabled=false
tuner4.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner4.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner4.transcode.scaling=
tuner4.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner4.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner5.name=PrimeNetEncoder 13219718-2
tuner5.id=13219718
tuner5.number=2
tuner5.port=7005
tuner5.transcoder.port=5005
tuner5.enabled=true
tuner5.transcode.enabled=false
tuner5.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner5.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner5.transcode.scaling=
tuner5.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner5.transcode.codec=libx264

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-09-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you so much, but still no go. I get a message that "No Tuners can tune this station"

I've re-posted the PrimeNetEncoder file (I used the version you edited). One odd thing is the last 4 lines of the bottom of the file were automatically added to your edit after rebooting.

I did not make any changes to the Sage.Properties file posted in my earlier message.

When I go to add the tuner, I notice 2 things:

1. When it is determining the broadcast standard, the "REC" icon flashes for about 3 seconds and then disappears. Doing a channel scan finds no tuneable channels.

2. Adding with or without a channel scan does not seem to matter (and I can't remember if I am supposed to do a channel scan with HDHR's--so I tried both ways.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PrimeNetEncoder.txt (2.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you so much, but still no go. I get a message that "No Tuners can tune this station"

I've re-posted the PrimeNetEncoder file (I used the version you edited). One odd thing is the last 4 lines of the bottom of the file were automatically added to your edit after rebooting.

I did not make any changes to the Sage.Properties file posted in my earlier message.

When I go to add the tuner, I notice 2 things:

1. When it is determining the broadcast standard, the "REC" icon flashes for about 3 seconds and then disappears. Doing a channel scan finds no tuneable channels.

2. Adding with or without a channel scan does not seem to matter (and I can't remember if I am supposed to do a channel scan with HDHR's--so I tried both ways.
I wanted you to make the changes in your property files. Also have you tried with the firewall off. Tuner scans do not work in SageTV using the prime. You have to enable and disable channels you get and do not get. Also next time post your tuner logs in thr PrimeNetEncoder folder.

Also you have this line in the properties.

Last edited by nyplayer; Today at 05:23 AM.

Below is the way it should look.

Code:
ffmpeg.delay=500
ffmpeg.probesize=5000000
ffmpeg.analyzeduration=5000000
ffmpeg.path=ffmpeg.exe
HDHomeRunConfig.path=C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe
tuners.count=6
discovery.port=8271
discovery.enabled=true
mediaserver.transfer=true
ffmpeg.outputbuffersize=32768
ffmpeg.inputbuffersize=32768
mediaserver.outputbuffersize=32768
tuner0.name=PrimeNetEncoder 131F0C25-0
tuner0.id=131F0C25
tuner0.number=0
tuner0.port=7000
tuner0.transcoder.port=5000
tuner0.enabled=true
tuner0.transcode.enabled=false
tuner0.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner0.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner0.transcode.scaling=
tuner0.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner0.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner1.name=PrimeNetEncoder 131F0C25-1
tuner1.id=131F0C25
tuner1.number=1
tuner1.port=7001
tuner1.transcoder.port=5001
tuner1.enabled=true
tuner1.transcode.enabled=false
tuner1.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner1.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner1.transcode.scaling=
tuner1.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner1.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner2.name=PrimeNetEncoder 131F0C25-2
tuner2.id=131F0C25
tuner2.number=2
tuner2.port=7002
tuner2.transcoder.port=5002
tuner2.enabled=true
tuner2.transcode.enabled=false
tuner2.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner2.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner2.transcode.scaling=
tuner2.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner2.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner3.name=PrimeNetEncoder 13219718-0
tuner3.id=13219718
tuner3.number=0
tuner3.port=7003
tuner3.transcoder.port=5003
tuner3.enabled=true
tuner3.transcode.enabled=false
tuner3.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner3.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner3.transcode.scaling=
tuner3.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner3.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner4.name=PrimeNetEncoder 13219718-1
tuner4.id=13219718
tuner4.number=1
tuner4.port=7004
tuner4.transcoder.port=5004
tuner4.enabled=true
tuner4.transcode.enabled=false
tuner4.transcode.deinterlace=true
tuner4.transcode.bitrate=4000
tuner4.transcode.scaling=
tuner4.transcode.preset=veryfast
tuner4.transcode.codec=libx264
tuner5.name=PrimeNetEncoder 13219718-2
tuner5.id=13219718
tuner5.number=2
tuner5.port=7005
tuner5.transcoder.port=5005
tuner5.enabled=true
tuner5.transcode.enabled=false
tuner5.transcode.deinterlace=true

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you. I think that fixed it. I re-checked Windows firewall (which I was sure was turned off), but for some reason outbound connections were "off" by inbound connections were "on".
Old 11-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard View Post
Right now, PNE 1.2.5 looks solid as a rock even with mediaserver.transfer=true; which definitely doesn't match what I was seeing before, and I haven't changed anything since other than changed it to false and then back to true.
Time has proven this to be incorrect. With mediaserver.transfer set to EITHER true or false, I am getting numerous Halt errors and lost recordings with PNE 1.2.5. I'm running as recommended with Task Scheduler and Priority=4.

The maddening thing is that it seems like it works great for 24-48 hours after a reboot/restart, then I'll get a period where I'll have numerous Halt errors (up to 30 to 100 per hour), then things will be fine again for a few hours.

About the only pattern that I can see to when the errors occur is that they are more likely when my HDHR Prime has been idle (no recording) for a few hours. Then on the first one or two recordings after that, it fails like crazy for 10 to 20 minutes and then settles down and works OK. But even more oddly, at times it will also do that on the SECOND recording. For example, this morning I recording local news at 1:00 am, 4:30 am, and 5:00 am, and I lost the first 10-20 minutes of EACH of those recordings, then everything since then has recorded fine.

Attached are segments from the PNE tuner log and the SageTV log, where numerous errors occurred during a 45 minute period, resulting in the loss of the recording.

I'm stumped as to what is going on, but multiple testing periods over the last couple of weeks have not resulted in anything close to reliable recordings. I'm going to have to go back to SageDCT if I can't find a solution soon.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PNE Log.txt (27.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: txt SageTV Log.txt (93.5 KB, 108 views)

Old 11-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard View Post
Time has proven this to be incorrect. With mediaserver.transfer set to EITHER true or false, I am getting numerous Halt errors and lost recordings with PNE 1.2.5. I'm running as recommended with Task Scheduler and Priority=4.

The maddening thing is that it seems like it works great for 24-48 hours after a reboot/restart, then I'll get a period where I'll have numerous Halt errors (up to 30 to 100 per hour), then things will be fine again for a few hours.

About the only pattern that I can see to when the errors occur is that they are more likely when my HDHR Prime has been idle (no recording) for a few hours. Then on the first one or two recordings after that, it fails like crazy for 10 to 20 minutes and then settles down and works OK. But even more oddly, at times it will also do that on the SECOND recording. For example, this morning I recording local news at 1:00 am, 4:30 am, and 5:00 am, and I lost the first 10-20 minutes of EACH of those recordings, then everything since then has recorded fine.

Attached are segments from the PNE tuner log and the SageTV log, where numerous errors occurred during a 45 minute period, resulting in the loss of the recording.

I'm stumped as to what is going on, but multiple testing periods over the last couple of weeks have not resulted in anything close to reliable recordings. I'm going to have to go back to SageDCT if I can't find a solution soon.
Code:
Tue 11/10 1:06:00.056 [Seeker@1c9dabd] MediaFile created subfile:E:\TV Recordings\9Newsat10pmRepeat-22596797-0.ts MediaFile[id=22685221 A[22596797,13423498,"9News at 10pm Repeat",21298@1110.01:07,40] mask=TV host=DVR7 encodedBy=PrimeNetEncoder 1319784E-2 on 192.168.1.50:7002 KUSADT format=MPEG2-TS 0:00:00 0 kbps []]
Tue 11/10 1:06:00.059 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Added:MediaFile[id=22685221 A[22596797,13423498,"9News at 10pm Repeat",21298@1110.01:07,40] mask=TV host=DVR7 encodedBy=PrimeNetEncoder 1319784E-2 on 192.168.1.50:7002 KUSADT format=MPEG2-TS 0:00:00 0 kbps [] E:\TV Recordings\9Newsat10pmRepeat-22596797-0.ts, Seg0[Tue 11/10 1:06:00.009-Wed 12/31 17:00:00.000]]
Tue 11/10 1:06:00.070 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Seeker channel string=653
Tue 11/10 1:06:15.692 [MediaServerConnection@e59926] Error in MediaServerConnection of :java.io.EOFException
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.634 [Seeker@1c9dabd] RootFile=E:\ fstype=NTFS fileLength=0 file=E:\TV Recordings\9Newsat10pmRepeat-22596797-0.ts
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.639 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Saving properties file to C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.643 [VideoFrame-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI@131177f] VF processing job null nPlayin=false
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.647 [VideoFrame-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI@131177f] VF thread is now waiting for 0:00:00.000
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.711 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Checking video directories for new files
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.715 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Diskspace checking is running
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.719 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Verifying existence of all TV media files in database fixDurs=false avoidArchive=true
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.729 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Enforcing keep at most limits for the files...
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.733 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Seeker clearing unwanted and partial files...
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.740 [Seeker@1c9dabd] needFreeSize = 2.025 GB currFreeSize=3148.788334592 GB
Tue 11/10 1:06:19.743 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Seeker waiting for 39 mins.
Tue 11/10 1:07:18.517 [Ministry@8cebf8] Ministry is waiting for 180 sec
Tue 11/10 1:07:26.518 [FSManager@d3e90] Async encoder halt detector found a halt; kick the Seeker so it can restart the device file=MediaFile[id=22685221 A[22596797,13423498,"9News at 10pm Repeat",21298@1110.01:07,40] mask=TV host=DVR7 encodedBy=PrimeNetEncoder 1319784E-2 on 192.168.1.50:7002 KUSADT format=MPEG2-TS 0:00:00 0 kbps [] E:\TV Recordings\9Newsat10pmRepeat-22596797-0.ts, Seg0[Tue 11/10 1:06:00.009-Wed 12/31 17:00:00.000]] size=0
Tue 11/10 1:07:26.522 [Seeker@1c9dabd] Seeker awoken
Tue 11/10 1:07:26.526 [Seeker@1c9dabd] MemStats: Used=506MB Total=787MB Max=1037MB
It looks like the Sage MediaServer is somehow dropping the connection to PNE, then it stops the recording in PNE while it is still in the process of starting the recording. I do not know why this is happening, but I have not seen that happen in my own testing. I would recommend you do not use the MediaServer transfer on this machine. It does not seem to be working correctly.